• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
vibroman

F1 2017

418 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, derelicte said:

what a total f-up by ferrari all around but I'm not the least bit surprised there wasn't any further action taken by stewards.

lewis kept his cool and motored to a pretty easy win. man alonso can't catch a break. it could have been a good night for mac. 

I ended up watching the univision broadcast. even though I can only understand about 10% of it, the coverage is still miles better than nbc. those guys are total ass clowns.

I did not realize it's broadcast also on Univision?  Will have to check tonight to see if we have that.  I don't mind the commentators so much, but the commercials really suck balls!!!

occasionally my dvr would record the uni broadcast when the nbc wasn't available then last week while on vacation univision was the only one I could see so I watched that and actually liked it. I might actually learn spanish while watching tv!

1 hour ago, derelicte said:

I don't think ferrari ever had a chance of wcc. kimi is just too unreliable. until they get two solid podium placing drivers, they aren't going to win it.

Seems odd that Kimi can keep up with the best of them once in a while, but only just once in a while?

Ferrari's exit was all on Vettel. In this case I agree with Max, "why would a champion contender be so aggressive?". Makes no sense.

Mark my words. this is the season turning point and the end of the championship for Ferrari 28 points is to much to recover from with only 6 races remaining.

Vettel's dream of a WDC in red have died at his own hands.

Seb didn't know Kimi was up the inside. To my eyes, neither did Max, until there was contact. I'm pretty critical of Seb much of the time, but in this case I'm thinking it was mostly a racing incident. If anyone carries some of the blame, it's Seb. He isn't fighting Max in the championship, so he probably could have allowed for room on the inside of turn 1, while still holding a line for the inside of turn 2.

Totally agree with the "ass clowns" comment, however I actually count myself as a bit of a fan of the commentators, it's the scheduling fuck ups that had me seeing red (kicked some stuff & slammed some doors before a little bourbon & coke to calm things down), it's my location of course that makes the live broadcast rather uncomfortable, 4:30AM here on the west coast & same situ with the euro races, that replay is a lifeline for those of us old folks unwilling to stare bleary eyed at the tube in the wee hours of the morn. I would hazard a guess I was watching "Fear the Walking Dead" when the replay was playing (3 hours early on DirectTV, sweet deal for me!) thing is had I known I could have watched FTWD next week.

6 hours ago, animeproblem said:

Totally agree with the "ass clowns" comment, however I actually count myself as a bit of a fan of the commentators, it's the scheduling fuck ups that had me seeing red (kicked some stuff & slammed some doors before a little bourbon & coke to calm things down), it's my location of course that makes the live broadcast rather uncomfortable, 4:30AM here on the west coast & same situ with the euro races, that replay is a lifeline for those of us old folks unwilling to stare bleary eyed at the tube in the wee hours of the morn. I would hazard a guess I was watching "Fear the Walking Dead" when the replay was playing (3 hours early on DirectTV, sweet deal for me!) thing is had I known I could have watched FTWD next week.

I watch nearly everything on replay from the flash memory in the Comcast box.  Cannot fucking stand commercials, so I fast forward through them on delayed feed, even when watching live.

Don't have cable or Satellite any more.

I usually watch them live using Cricfree.tv (need firewall, adblockers and virus protection) and I get the Sky feed. Its pretty good coverage and No commercials during the race. I personally don't care for Brundle but the coverage is still good. Occasionally the Sky feed gets a bit laggy so I switch to the NBC feed and the commercials drive me nuts. It seems they always cut away when something significant is about to happen. Agin Hobbs an Matchet aren't too bad. For replays I use Channel 4 in the UK (with a VPN). Coulthard and Mark Webber usually have some pretty good insights. They have commercials too, but they time them properly. If (when) F1 gets their act together and gives us a legal interweb subscription option I for one will be all over it.

I like brundle. he knows everyone on the grid and can usually have a good convo with them. same with commentary during the race. as an ex driver he has a much better insight than someone who wasn't. webber and coulthard are the same way. I wouldn't be disappointed if all the other non-driver commentators went away (except natalie).

Sky cut some 40% of their production team from 2014-2016 including a couple of friends who also do work for sailing stuff, and is still the best coverage out there.

2 hours ago, vibroman said:

Don't have cable or Satellite any more.

If (when) F1 gets their act together and gives us a legal interweb subscription option I for one will be all over it.

Hoping for this too.  F1 is the only reason I turn the TV on anymore.  Love to get rid of the cable.

1 hour ago, dash34 said:

Hoping for this too.  F1 is the only reason I turn the TV on anymore.  Love to get rid of the cable.

^^^ditto!

2 hours ago, Trovão said:

^^^ditto!

I use NBC App on Apple TV , can watch it on my time or live. you do need a Cable logon to use it , however , most people have a friend that has cable to use their logon. :)

Finally finished the race tonight. Fast forwarded. Lots of good driving lost in the parade. Once the propeller heads get the math worked out everyone backs off to save the gear. What we dont see is the real time scenario analysis going on at every team. 

I knew shcumacher started that aaggressive start manuever, just being rhetorical.  Fuck him btw. Sad for he and his family but as competitor I still have no respect for him. He could have accomplished almost as much without acting like prost.

17 hours ago, Henley Hornbrook said:

I use NBC App on Apple TV , can watch it on my time or live. you do need a Cable logon to use it , however , most people have a friend that has cable to use their logon. :)

Work computers block most streaming content, but not Comcast!!!  So, on a slow Saturday or second shift, I can log in and watch live TV, or any of the programs I have saved at home.