Spatial Ed

The Wall

Building a wall is the best way to do nothing while appearing to do something.  Credit to unknown

2 hours ago, Raz'r said:

mere quibbles on the path to a glorious wall. The most glorious great wall ever. Even the Chinese are saying it.

As are the French and the Berliners. 

And Hadrian!  His wall worked a peach.  Well, except for that Mel Gibson guy.

And Jericho!  We just have to keep trumpets away from the darned thing.

10 hours ago, Dog said:

So the question becomes are the sections of new wall proposed in areas where they will be unhelpful or where they will be helpful.

Which would be a question and premise to be answered/proven by those that wish five billion dollars to build "the wall", along with a justification showing that the expenditure on said wall is more effective than expenditure on other means of policing the border. 

We'll wait whilst you dig that up.

2 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Just the majority are.

You might be surprised - John Cornyn our other senator is pretty worried about his campaign for 2020.  Texas is on it's way to purple. 

2 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

You might be surprised - John Cornyn our other senator is pretty worried about his campaign for 2020.  Texas is on it's way to purple. 

Tell it to take the noose off.

7 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Texas is on it's way to purple. 

They've said that numerous times.I'll believe it when it actually happens.

Like when they kick Cruz out.

1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

Tell it to take the noose off.

Really uncalled for.  Racism is a problem but no worse than most places. 

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

%

Like when they kick Cruz out.

Came a lot closer than most expected. Can't kick him out until 2024 and that should be a no brainer. There are a lot of FOX drinking angry white folks here but the minority is about to become the majority. I have had several conversations with older white people lately who have zero love for Trump so I will accept progress wherever I see it. 

So lighten up Francises. 

1 hour ago, d'ranger said:

I really had no leanings to that meaning, I was talking about the "turning purple" thing and easing the garotte. Whoa, regional differences big time. Excuse me.

2 hours ago, d'ranger said:

Came a lot closer than most expected. Can't kick him out until 2024 and that should be a no brainer. There are a lot of FOX drinking angry white folks here but the minority is about to become the majority. I have had several conversations with older white people lately who have zero love for Trump so I will accept progress wherever I see it. 

So lighten up Francises. 

It was supposed to happen last November.

It didn't.

12 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

Which would be a question and premise to be answered/proven by those that wish five billion dollars to build "the wall", along with a justification showing that the expenditure on said wall is more effective than expenditure on other means of policing the border. 

We'll wait whilst you dig that up.

I'll leave that to the administration. My point is simply that categorical rejection of a barriers on the grounds that they don't help (or are immoral, racist and monuments to white supremacy) are nonsense. Further that the rational may be stronger for some sections than for others. The sections of barrier proposed for San Diego county for example may be more justified than sections proposed for the Rio Grande valley.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dog said:

I'll leave that to the administration.

I'm not surprised. No-one expected you to take a position, merely complain about those that do. 

My point is simply that categorical rejection of a barriers on the grounds that they don't help (or are immoral, racist and monuments to white supremacy) are nonsense.

I disagree. Had you left it at "don't help", you'd be set. However if someone honestly believes the walls to be immoral, it makes perfect sense for them to categorically reject any demand they support it with their vote. That is the whole reason politicians express their moral views before an election in a representative democracy. 

Further that the rational may be stronger for some sections than for others. The sections of barrier proposed for San Diego county for example may be more justified than sections proposed for the Rio Grande valley.

It might not be. The administration hasn't demonstrated it is, and people tend to want something more than "may be" from an anonymous forum poster before spending five billion dollars. 

32 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Not to overlook that the rationale is irrational. Dog's voice-to-text may have flubbed up but GIGO.

Right crab ...walls really can't work, are immoral, racist and are monuments to white supremacy.

On 1/28/2019 at 2:59 PM, Dog said:

And if thoes congressional districts were the only ones effected by illegal immigration that might persuade me.

Congressional districts are effected by the state level authorities who draw them up.

They are affected by immigration policies. I'd say the ones who have a big, stupid wall through their remote ranch, like Mr. Vidaurri, are more affected than others.

1 minute ago, Contumacious Tom said:

Congressional districts are effected by the state level authorities who draw them up.

They are affected by immigration policies. I'd say the ones who have a big, stupid wall through their remote ranch, like Mr. Vidaurri, are more affected than others.

More affected for sure....and fewer in number.

1 hour ago, Dog said:

Right crab ...walls really can't work, are immoral, racist and are monuments to white supremacy.

Another swing and a miss. Morality is made-up mush, and I see nothing racist in controlling immigration. A wall would be a monument to Rump, and his version of white supremacy. I'll give you that one: it's 1 and 2.

1 hour ago, Left Shift said:

Security expert takes on tRumpian wall-loving congress critter.   Wall loses.  

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dan-crenshaw-border-wall-security_us_5c59cfcfe4b0871047580656

Crenshaw is well on his way to out-stupiding Louie Gohmert, another Texan.  In addition to this, AOC took him to school over his Super Bowl tweet regarding her 70% marginal rate idea

14 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Crenshaw is well on his way to out-stupiding Louie Gohmert, another Texan.  In addition to this, AOC took him to school over his Super Bowl tweet regarding her 70% marginal rate idea

Surprised he's a tRump fan.  I thought the tRump didn't like people who had actually been wounded or captured in war.  Not "winners".  

11 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Surprised he's a tRump fan.  I thought the tRump didn't like people who had actually been wounded or captured in war.  Not "winners".  

Must not have cross shitstain’s imaginary threshold of being a “winner.” Get wounded, lose an eye, you win. Captive, POW, loser.

She’s got a point -

N.M. Governor Pulls National Guard From Border, Citing A 'Charade' At Federal Level

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/06/691937342/n-m-governor-pulls-national-guard-from-border-citing-a-charade-at-federal-level

Excerpt -

New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham has ordered the majority of National Guard troops deployed at her state's Southern border to withdraw, condemning what she called a "charade of border fear-mongering" by President Trump, who has warned of an immigration emergency in the region.

"I reject the federal contention that there exists an overwhelming national security crisis at the Southern border," Lujan Grisham said, adding that the area has "some of the safest communities in the country."

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sean said:

She’s got a point -

N.M. Governor Pulls National Guard From Border, Citing A 'Charade' At Federal Level

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/06/691937342/n-m-governor-pulls-national-guard-from-border-citing-a-charade-at-federal-level

Excerpt -

New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham has ordered the majority of National Guard troops deployed at her state's Southern border to withdraw, condemning what she called a "charade of border fear-mongering" by President Trump, who has warned of an immigration emergency in the region.

"I reject the federal contention that there exists an overwhelming national security crisis at the Southern border," Lujan Grisham said, adding that the area has "some of the safest communities in the country."

needs a lot wider audience .

3 hours ago, Sean said:

She’s got a point -

Excerpt -

Hooray for Stites Rats! Or something!

MAGA all-stars visit border to plot private wall project

Steve Bannon, Kris Kobach and Erik Prince are among the backers of an improbable effort to start building a border wall without federal funding.

In what amounted to a kind of #MAGA field trip, former Trump strategist Steve Bannon, former Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach, former Colorado Rep. Tom Tancredo, baseball legend Curt Schilling, and former Sheriff David Clarke convened to plan construction of a wall along the southern border. Blackwater founder Erik Prince phoned in from South Africa.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/05/maga-border-private-wall-bannon-kobach-prince-1147210

15 minutes ago, Mid said:

MAGA all-stars visit border to plot private wall project

Steve Bannon, Kris Kobach and Erik Prince are among the backers of an improbable effort to start building a border wall without federal funding.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/05/maga-border-private-wall-bannon-kobach-prince-1147210

Just when you think it is safe to come out again, the cowboy sheriff David Clarke shows up.  Nice collection of wannabes, used to be, and never will be

1 hour ago, jerseyguy said:

Just when you think it is safe to come out again, the cowboy sheriff David Clarke shows up.  Nice collection of wannabes, used to be, and never will be

One well place RPG during a high level meeting would certainly make the world a better place.

2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

One well place RPG during a high level meeting would certainly make the world a better place.

A plate of plutonium dainties would work well too, and be much less mess.

Edit - Just saw this posted in the Stupidest Shutdown thread.

Trump Plans to Declare National Emergency to Build Border Wall

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/14/us/politics/trump-national-emergency-border.html

Excerpt -

WASHINGTON — President Trump plans to declare a national emergency so he can bypass Congress and build his long-promised wall along the border even as he signs a spending bill that does not fund it.

The move would effectively end a two-month war of attrition between the president and Congress that closed much of the federal government for 35 days and left it facing a second shutdown as early as Friday, but it could instigate a new constitutional clash over who controls the federal purse.

“President Trump will sign the government funding bill, and as he has stated before, he will also take other executive action — including a national emergency — to ensure we stop the national security and humanitarian crisis,” said Sarah Huckabee Sanders, the White House press secretary.

i’m intrigued to see the sheet pile design for this wall

4 minutes ago, aA said:

Lowe's Mexican subsidiary has recently reported a significant uptick in sales of portable oxy-acetylene rigs.  Hmmmm.  

(OK, I made that up, but...)

14 minutes ago, aA said:

The Mexicans said it was a pile of sheet.

• Like 2

lol, that’s pretty good ish

or maybe it was heavy sheet?

So Trump is going to declare a national emergency. Pelosi replies - just realize that the next Democratic President can declare guns, climate change and health care are national emergencies.  Don't fuck with Nancy

edit: To clarify - the wall is not an emergency - if it was building a wall that would take many years is not a solution.

McConnell and Lindsey Graham next to be sent home as breathing with your nose up Trump's butt can't be healthy.

I am curious as to whether the right-wingers that were pissed at how Obama's ACA was passed will have the balls to come out and declare Trump's bullshit "national emergency" as equally bad, if not worse. I'm betting on a very small number that even warbird can count up to.

2 hours ago, Sean said:

Edit - Just saw this posted in the Stupidest Shutdown thread.

Trump Plans to Declare National Emergency to Build Border Wall

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/14/us/politics/trump-national-emergency-border.html

Excerpt -

WASHINGTON — President Trump plans to declare a national emergency so he can bypass Congress and build his long-promised wall along the border even as he signs a spending bill that does not fund it.

The move would effectively end a two-month war of attrition between the president and Congress that closed much of the federal government for 35 days and left it facing a second shutdown as early as Friday, but it could instigate a new constitutional clash over who controls the federal purse.

“President Trump will sign the government funding bill, and as he has stated before, he will also take other executive action — including a national emergency — to ensure we stop the national security and humanitarian crisis,” said Sarah Huckabee Sanders, the White House press secretary.

let the law suits begin.  Will keep it tied up for ages

1 minute ago, Al Paca said:

" I do the best deals "

He got such a good deal from Congress. 

Successfully negotiated them from their original offer of $1.6 Billion and 65 miles of fencing to $1.37 Billion and 55 miles of fencing.

(F)Art of the Deal.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

He got such a good deal from Congress. 

Successfully negotiated them from their original offer of $1.6 Billion and 65 miles of fencing to $1.37 Billion and 55 miles of fencing.

(F)Art of the Deal.

rick wilson has termed it the shart of the deal.

36 minutes ago, Laker said:

Opinion is that may be Trump's strategy.  The dems become the boogey man (person?) for the next couple of years then and he can expand his base with the rally against them.  He may win this war yet....in 2020 unfortunately.

28 minutes ago, bridhb said:

Opinion is that may be Trump's strategy.  The dems become the boogey man (person?) for the next couple of years then and he can expand his base with the rally against them.  He may win this war yet....in 2020 unfortunately.

Well, it's most certainly in line with the GOP strategy. The Republicans know that spending over five billion on a real wall is only ever going to be an albatross around their neck. However, as a mirage forever on the horizon, it serves to rally the xenophobic base without actually having a cost vs failure impact that Democrats can point to. Trump and the GOP are selling a dream, knowing they don't have to actually deliver it for people to send in their money and votes.

Like JiZKid's dreams of free market capitalism, the wall is best as an idea to motivate the unintelligent.

4 hours ago, Laker said:

Only for the next 2 years. Long enough.

13 hours ago, bridhb said:

even if it is?  It's a stupid dangerous approach with damn little potential for good, and a whole lot of downside.  As Tom Ray said - the Ds are already cackling, not about how they'll undo this latest inappropriate breach of the separation of powers, but, how they'll use it to push their agenda.   I'm sincerely tired of all the partisan myopia. 

9 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

even if it is?  It's a stupid dangerous approach with damn little potential for good, and a whole lot of downside.  As Tom Ray said - the Ds are already cackling, not about how they'll undo this latest inappropriate breach of the separation of powers, but, how they'll use it to push their agenda.   I'm sincerely tired of all the partisan myopia. 

Then tell the GOP to find a backbone and do what they said they'd do - control Trump. Instead of bending over backwards to do his bidding - in the executive branch, in the media, in congress, and in the courts.

The GOP took every chance to fuck the Democrats over (cough, Merrick Garland). It's myopia for the Democrats to think the GOP won't fuck them over. There's no play in principles.

Trump doesn't have anything as complicated as a "strategy," he lives to create conflict, be the center of attention, and to bully others into giving him what he wants.

Mitch didn't want to give Trump the Wall, else it would have gotten done the first two years it was on the table. He didn't want to make it a sticking point of negotiations, hence the negotiations the past weeks that led to a deal with grudging bipartisan support.

Mitch got bullied into accepting Trump's signing the funding bill in return for "backing" Trump's declaration of emergency yesterday on the Senate floor. “You are rude!” barked Senator Charles E. Grassley, Republican of Iowa, who had not finished a floor speech when his leader interrupted him according to the NYT.

From the same article:

"But Mr. McConnell is nothing if not adaptable. During his final call with Mr. Trump, he looped in the White House counsel, Pat Cipollone, who expressed misgivings about the emergency declaration, telling an annoyed Mr. Trump that it would prompt several serious lawsuits.

Mr. McConnell, quickly shifting from opposing the declaration to managing its rollout, snapped back, “Who cares? This is America — everybody sues everybody else,” according to a person the leader spoke to late Thursday."

6 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Then tell the GOP to find a backbone and do what they said they'd do - control Trump. Instead of bending over backwards to do his bidding - in the executive branch, in the media, in congress, and in the courts.

The GOP took every chance to fuck the Democrats over (cough, Merrick Garland). It's myopia for the Democrats to think the GOP won't fuck them over. There's no play in principles.

I do - whether you wish to believe it or not.  It's myopia to think that either side won't avail themselves of any opportunity to screw the other - and that's why I think it's time for the fringes to go back to the sidelines where they belong.  

Welcome to the splitting of the Republican party.

Will "Conservatives" finally show some backbone and fight for the Constitution, and not the party? Inquiring minds want to know. 

My guess is they will roll over & show their bellies, wagging their tails like good little lap dogs. All bark, no spine.

And meanwhile, Trump keeps chipping away at the fundamentals of our democracy. The GOP is aiding and abetting all the way. Pussies.

14 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I do - whether you wish to believe it or not.  It's myopia to think that either side won't avail themselves of any opportunity to screw the other - and that's why I think it's time for the fringes to go back to the sidelines where they belong.  

for gods sake how the hell is the Senate Majority leader the fringe? He's been a mover of the party for decades. He's done exactly what you guys wanted - a string of activist Federalist judges, tax cuts, killed any attempt at gun control. And here Mitch is giving his blessing for Trump's BS emergency. This isn't the "fringe". This is the party. Own it without the bullshit bothsiderism. Until people do, it'll get worse.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

Will "Conservatives" finally show some backbone and fight for the Constitution, and not the party? Inquiring minds want to know. 

So far, it's conservative, singular. Though he doesn't like to be called that.

20 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

for gods sake how the hell is the Senate Majority leader the fringe? He's been a mover of the party for decades. He's done exactly what you guys wanted - a string of activist Federalist judges, tax cuts, killed any attempt at gun control. And here Mitch is giving his blessing for Trump's BS emergency. This isn't the "fringe". This is the party. Own it without the bullshit bothsiderism. Until people do, it'll get worse.

GFY Jiblets - McConnell has abdicated his responsibility, AFAIC, and I no longer consider him the sensible elder statesman - he's completely caved, and needs to GTFO.  He HAS been suborned by the fringe - as evidenced by the numerous R lawmakers who've publicly stated that they will oppose Pres Trump's Emergency declaration.  

I won't ever "own it w/out the bothsiderism" - because "bothsiderism" is nothing more than an attempt to ignore the bad shit when "our side" does it.   I oppose this, and will oppose it no matter WHO does it - when Harry Reid changed the rules to prevent a filibuster?  When the Rs expanded that to apply to nominees?   It's ALL wrong. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

Welcome to the splitting of the Republican party.

My guess is they will roll over & show their bellies, wagging their tails like good little lap dogs. All bark, no spine.

And meanwhile, Trump keeps chipping away at the fundamentals of our democracy. The GOP is aiding and abetting all the way. Pussies.

I hope that the Conservatives ( no stupidass quote marks) do. 

Do you think that if Trump is successful in this ploy, that the D's won't capitalize on that precedent to bypass Congress to advance their own agenda?    You want to know what make me jump sides?  The D's rolling back these excesses if/when they get the WH again.  

1 minute ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Do you think that if Trump is successful in this ploy, that the D's won't capitalize on that precedent to bypass Congress to advance their own agenda?    You want to know what make me jump sides?  The D's rolling back these excesses if/when they get the WH again.  

What Conservatives? Where? Because there are no Conservatives in power in the Republican party. You can't grasp how epically bankrupt Trump has shown them to be can you?

4 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

What Conservatives? Where? Because there are no Conservatives in power in the Republican party. You can't grasp how epically bankrupt Trump has shown them to be can you?

I think that there still are conservatives in the R party - and that the party apparatus is keeping them quiet.  

3 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I think that there still are conservatives in the R party - and that the party apparatus is keeping them quiet.  

Why?

1 minute ago, Mrleft8 said:

Why?

The only reason I can fathom is that they are afraid of losing the senate majority, and (IMHO mistakenly) think that presenting a unified party front is the best way to avoid that.  If it's anything else?  I'm at a loss to explain it. 

9 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

compare the list of speakers for  CPAC 2019 - a whos who of internet trolls, morons, charlatans and grifters  http://cpac.conservative.org/speakers/

with CPAC 1999 -

CPAC 1999 The last CPAC of the 20th Century provided an awesome demonstration of how the conference had grown over the past 26 year. An amazing 70 organizations and publications—most of which were not in existence when the first conference was held—served as sponsors and co-sponsors. Ten U.S. senators were featured as speakers, including the majority leader of the Republican-controlled Senate, Trent Lott (Miss.). A larger number of congressmen also participated, including Majority Whip Tom DeLay (Tex.). As had become a tradition, most of the aspiring GOP presidential candidates made appearances, including Dan Quayle, Lamar Alexander, John Ashcroft, Gary Bauer, Alan Keyes and Steve Forbes—who gave the keynote address and hosted a reception for the attendees. Unlike the situation 25 years earlier, where the Republican National Committee was represented by a college student, in 1999 the RNC Chairman Jim Nicholson was a featured speaker. Majority Leader Lott reviewed the Senate agenda for the year, while Whip DeLay and Budget Committee Chairman John Kasich (Ohio) did the same for the House. Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore discussed conservative initiatives at the state level and Indianapolis Mayor Steve Goldsmith reviewed conservative innovations at the local level. The annual Novak-Donaldson debate was entertaining as always and the conference awards—now grown to four in number—were presented. There were some new developments, however, among them the appearance of Chris Matthews, formerly chief of staff to liberal Democratic Speaker of the House Tip O’Neill (Mass.) and now with CNN. Matthews who had moved somewhat to the right and had become one of the fiercest critics of the Clinton scandals was well received. At the presidential banquet, Balint Vazonyi, director of the Center for the American Founding and a widely acclaimed classical pianist, presented an original program titled “Messages from the 18th Century in Music and Words.” As expected, a good bit of attention was focused on the scandals, peccadilloes and policy and personnel missteps of the Clinton presidency, but conference attendees were also unmistakably looking ahead to a new century and a new President.

conservatisms dead dude.

3 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

The only reason I can fathom is that they are afraid of losing the senate majority, and (IMHO mistakenly) think that presenting a unified party front is the best way to avoid that.  If it's anything else?  I'm at a loss to explain it. 

3-4 seats is a pretty slim majority.....

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

rick wilson has termed it the shart of the deal.

Fribble 

Oh boy, Ann is not happy. I find myself deeply disturbed that I would agree with Ann Coulter on anything, but I think she is correct in this case.

Ann Coulter: National Emergency Designed ‘for Trump to Scam the Stupidest People in His Base’

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ann-coulter-national-emergency-designed-for-trump-to-scam-the-stupidest-people-in-his-base

Munchausen by proxy?  

Trumphausen by emergency proxy!

The hits just keep on coming......

• Like 1

Fulfilling a Campaign Promise Is Not A National Emergency.  This like everything associated with Trump is not going to end well. 

• Like 3

Has white house pressed the Nuclear bottom for all future presidents?  National emergancy on Gunz, education, healthcare, climate change ect.  I think there is a definite slippery slope on this one.  

Trump’s medical report this weeks declares him to be clinically obese.  Dean Vernon Wormer’s warning has come true in the case of the current POTUS.  Apparently drunk (on power), fat, and stupid is the way to go through life.  Who knew?

3 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Although the Dems and the GOP have both engaged in gerrymandering, recently, in NJ, the Progressives beat back an attempt by the Democratic party leadership to gerrymander the state in their favor. And if you look at House Resolution #1 this year, you will find a robust defense of democracy (little d). 

Please, show examples of Republicans bucking a trend of authoritarianism and manipulation of rules to keep themselves in power. It will help me understand why "Conservatives" claim that party as their home. I'm going to keep the dumbass quotes until it's proven they mean what they say. So far, I've been underwhelmed, just as they've been overwhelmed by Trump's takeover of the party.

Seems to me, those who buck the GOP establishment see that career dissapation light kicking into high gear.

1 minute ago, phillysailor said:

Although the Dems and the GOP have both engaged in gerrymandering, recently, in NJ, the Progressives beat back an attempt by the Democratic party leadership to gerrymander the state in their favor. And if you look at House Resolution #1 this year, you will find a robust defense of democracy (little d). 

Please, show examples of Republicans bucking a trend of authoritarianism and manipulation of rules to keep themselves in power. It will help me understand why "Conservatives" claim that party as their home. I'm going to keep the dumbass quotes until it's proven they mean what they say. So far, I've been underwhelmed, just as they've been overwhelmed by Trump's takeover of the party.

Seems to me, those who buck the GOP establishment see that career dissapation light kicking into high gear.

I'd have to say "No, I haven't seen any instance of the GOP undoing any of the excesses that the Ds initiated, and we've indeed seen them take that precedent and inappropriately expand upon it.".   I have likewise not seen a SINGLE instance of the Ds reigning in those excesses, and thus, if Trump is successful in this stupid "emergency declaration" - I fully expect the Ds to take that precedent and finish wiping out adherence to constitutional constraint. 

As to HR1 - can you point me to which part of that undoes the precedent Reid established and the Rs embellished?  What part of that either defines an "emergency" or constrains what the WH can do by way of EO?  

:)

Moran Prairie Wall Break #6.  

(Funding provided  by an emergency grant of dark arts money, and sculpted with a Chinese dual stage, self propelled, 179cc gas powered  Snow thrower.)

The break in the wall represents the longing of transients in expensive German cars to Garage in a heated 62 degree environment, using a Lift-master, model 1/2 HP, with remote control, installed inside the automobiles, to lift the monolithic 1 piece 2 car garage door.

This Break in the wall Represents the Liberal ‘no borders’ political stand, ironically using snow as a medium, in contrast to the Butterfly Preserve.  It also is an homage to breaks in the South Border, which may or may not be filled soon.  Or ever.  This installation is the product of a county/private ad hoc agreement for art in the public space, and Caterpillar, maker of the Road Grader that provided much of the found material used in this work.

by placing the pictures in non traditional ways, the artist, Apple, and Scot hope to bring a different, sudden and more meaningful understanding to the viewer.

This sculpture represents the Eastern Washington School of Temporary Snow Art, which is known well into Northern Idaho and parts of Northern Oregon, as well as Internationally into the SE area of British Columbia.

782C766E-1DD3-485C-9582-67ED1153A500.jpeg

0E4851E4-6540-4CB3-B6FC-B0DBB93BD5D6.jpeg

• Like 1

Humpty  Trumpty sat on his wall.....

(saw it on a blog somewhere today. Not my original)

7 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Chessie seems to be a decent fellow. Myopic as hell, but decent.

7 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Lust for power maybe? That their principles were never really principles? Same bitch that you had with hillary.

Is it possible that this "emergency" declaration will finally cause a republican revolt?

The way I see it is this..faux emergency will set a precedent for future presidents to work around congress. Just imagine the possibilities, Democrat presidents declaring a national Emergency and funding Universal Health Care from the defence budget :D . Now we all know that Trump's only interest is short term appeasement of his base. Republicans in general know that it's about more than the next 2, or even 6 years.

How many Republican senators are needed to impeach Trump OR do a 25th amendment?  

4 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Is it possible that this "emergency" declaration will finally cause a republican revolt?

The way I see it is this..faux emergency will set a precedent for future presidents to work around congress. Just imagine the possibilities, Democrat presidents declaring a national Emergency and funding Universal Health Care from the defence budget :D . Now we all know that Trump's only interest is short term appeasement of his base. Republicans in general know that it's about more than the next 2, or even 6 years.

How many Republican senators are needed to impeach Trump OR do a 25th amendment?  

No revolt.  This president has proven that only power matters. Conservative ideals?  hahahahahahaha

7 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

No.

Republicans will keep saying they need the Democrats to save the USA from the Republicans - but only if the Democrats turn into Republicans. Otherwise, "conservatives" or not they'll keep not-supporting the Republicans giving them everything they've wanted.

“Conservatives” would rather vote for white supremacists, autocrats and Christian extremists than for socialist liberal elites. 

“Socialist liberal elites” being a Hannity/Murdoch/Ann Coulter creation, of course.

13 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

GFY Jiblets - McConnell has abdicated his responsibility, AFAIC, and I no longer consider him the sensible elder statesman - he's completely caved, and needs to GTFO.  He HAS been suborned by the fringe - as evidenced by the numerous R lawmakers who've publicly stated that they will oppose Pres Trump's Emergency declaration.  

With all due respect, Chesapeake, McConnell serves at the will of his party. If he were simply representing the fringe - they'd have replaced him with someone else. The reason they haven't is because he is doing what the majority of those Republicans seated in the Senate want him to. 

You are, somewhat understandably, reticent to accept your party is behind actions you disdain; but it's outright wilful ignorance to claim that the leader of the senate is out there on the fringe of elected GOP senators. You'd (rightly) scoff if people said that about Pelosi and House Democrats. The leaders are where they are because they have the support of the majority of the elected caucus for their respective parties. They are not "fringe", they are the closest you get to representing in one person those elected to their respective level of Congress

There will be no fixing your party until you actually start blaming them for their actions. Since Trump's been elected, you've been dismissing everything the GOP does that you cannot bring yourself to defend as an exception, an element of the party fringe, and even sought blamed the Democrats for Republican actions. Anything but put the blame where the responsibility resides - on the party itself. You want your voice to matter to them again? Stop doggy-styling everything they do as someone else's fault and take your party to task for it. Continue spinning their actions as not representative of the party and/or someone else's fault and they'll continue to take your vote for granted; because as long as you're either voting for them or simply not voting at all; they can ignore you. 

• Like 1

Golf courses are closed during a “national emergency.” Right?

• Like 2

National emergency declared. Time to see which right-wingers are actually for small government and which just follow the party line whereever it goes.

2 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

National emergency declared. Time to see which right-wingers are actually for small government and which just follow the party line whereever it goes.

Did you shit yourself? I'll be angry too if I were you. :lol: 

10 hours ago, Mickey Rat said:

Did you shit yourself? I'll be angry too if I were you. :lol: 

Nope. I expected it. I also expected the silence from the  so-called small government folks that we've heard since. 

So, do y'all understand the the Drumph's own Sec of Defense refuses to call the need for a well an emergency?  

CBS truncated Trump's announcement of a NATIONAL EMERGENCY for The Price is Right. YCMTSU.

https://deadline.com/2019/02/cbs-goes-with-the-price-is-right-over-conclusion-of-president-trumps-emergency-speech-1202558868/

Ann Coulter's wisdom about Trump's wall: "The only NATIONAL EMERGENCY is that our president is an idiot."

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/430286-coulter-fires-back-at-trump-only-national-emergency-is-that-our-president-is

And Trump has gone to Mar-a-Lago for some golf...

Just like on 9/11...

Jeff will be along shortly to remind us that things could have been much worse. We could have had Hillary.

10 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Jeff's huevos pequeno are in the fire, slowly roasting, as he cheers on the bitch being burnt pretending it's not "conservatism"

FWIW, I'd agree with Jeff on this one - it's not "conservatism" that's burning. Conservatism in the USA died some time ago when they decided that they were willing to put up with the Republican Party's bullshit in exchange for the occasional token bone thrown in their direction.

Of course, as long as conservatives continue to accept their place as subservient to the GOP (rather than the other way around), any chance they might get even that token bone thrown their way is also toast. And before anyone starts saying that's exactly what they wanted, take note of how many "conservatives" still find it impossible to offer anything more than token criticism of Trump (& the GOP's support for him). They're a sure vote and, as such, they can be ignored.