Spatial Ed

The Wall

"House Republicans and Donald Trump's team are coalescing around a multi-billion dollar plan to make good on the president-elect's campaign vows to build a wall between the United States and Mexico, according to top Republican lawmakers and aides.

Republican leaders, in tandem with Trump’s transition staff, are considering using a 2006 law signed by former President George W. Bush that authorized the construction of 700 miles-plus of “physical barrier” on the southern border. The law was never fully implemented and did not include a sunset provision, allowing Trump to pick up where Bush left off — with the help of new money from Congress....

...The plan is an implicit acknowledgment by Republicans and the incoming administration that Mexico will not pay for the border wall — a promise from Trump that was always viewed skeptically. Instead, American tax dollars will".

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/house-gop-trump-border-wall-233237

Hillary voted for those 700 miles. It's the extra three hundred that are bad and racist.

I guess this is probably the thread to mention that Trump's 1,000 mile wall is 30% more stupid than Hillary's 700 mile wall

The main problem is that the border is 2K miles, not 1K.

That makes Trump's wall about 200% more stupid than a 700 mile wall.

Guest Dabnis

"House Republicans and Donald Trump's team are coalescing around a multi-billion dollar plan to make good on the president-elect's campaign vows to build a wall between the United States and Mexico, according to top Republican lawmakers and aides.

Republican leaders, in tandem with Trump’s transition staff, are considering using a 2006 law signed by former President George W. Bush that authorized the construction of 700 miles-plus of “physical barrier” on the southern border. The law was never fully implemented and did not include a sunset provision, allowing Trump to pick up where Bush left off — with the help of new money from Congress....

...The plan is an implicit acknowledgment by Republicans and the incoming administration that Mexico will not pay for the border wall — a promise from Trump that was always viewed skeptically. Instead, American tax dollars will".

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/house-gop-trump-border-wall-233237

Hillary voted for those 700 miles. It's the extra three hundred that are bad and racist.

I guess this is probably the thread to mention that Trump's 1,000 mile wall is 30% more stupid than Hillary's 700 mile wall

The main problem is that the border is 2K miles, not 1K.

That makes Trump's wall about 200% more stupid than a 700 mile wall.

How about a free underground high speed rail system, non stop, from the Mexican border to downtown Vancouver?

We could build it & you could become more diversified. I have heard diversity is good?

Guest Dabnis

What do you know about diversity in you're pure white community?

Only know what I read. We have lots of Hispanic people in our area, lots. I don't think they are classified as "White"?

They sure don't look white.

Only know what I read. We have lots of Hispanic people in our area, lots. I don't think they are classified as "White"?

There's your problem, you only read what you want to read!

He evidently took Don Quixote to heart.

Here's your problem, you reply to Dabs. I'm trying real hard Ringo, not to reply to Dabs.

Guest Dabnis

Here's your problem, you reply to Dabs. I'm trying real hard Ringo, not to reply to Dabs.

I reply to SV, it is fun.

I guess those little pleasures are all you have to look forward to Troller being 81. How sad!

If you guys would just pretend he doesn't exist, he'll go away.

It may take a little while, and he'll likely start a bunch of threads to get attention.

But, eventually, he'll find some other forum to pollute with his "Gee, shucks, those niggers sure are....." crap.

I guess those little pleasures are all you have to look forward to Troller being 81. How sad!

It may take a little while, and he'll likely start a bunch of threads to get attention.

But, eventually, he'll find some other forum to pollute with his "Gee, shucks, those niggers sure are....." crap.

yep, been on ignore for some time now and haven't missed a thing.

Kind of hard to miss anything when folks keep quoting him. That said, nothing that's been quoted of his racist ramblings has convinced me sticking him in the ignore list was a mistake either. I reckon he'd probably have "fished out" the area had we not a steady influx of new people to piss off. *shrug*

Shun on!

Guest Dabnis

"Other Forum"? Oh no, I like it here, great entertainment value. I don't remember saying "Those niggers sure are.... "

Like SV, you are saying I said things that I didn't say. Why do you do that?

Guest Dabnis

Kind of hard to miss anything when folks keep quoting him. That said, nothing that's been quoted of his racist ramblings has convinced me sticking him in the ignore list was a mistake either. I reckon he'd probably have "fished out" the area had we not a steady influx of new people to piss off. *shrug*

Ah, Bent, you broke the code. When you are not catching anything it is time to:

1. Move to another area

2. Change lures

3. Troll faster or slower

4. Fish earlier or later

5. Wait for the tide to change

6. try to see what other successful fishermen are using

7. Fish deeper or shallower.

And the list goes on.

Yeah all the dogs that can see are being retrained as service dogs for Democrats to help them get through life on other peoples money

Yeah, those blue states are real takers:

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700/

That link is a perfect illustration of the ignorance level of the typical Republican voter.

"Other Forum"? Oh no, I like it here, great entertainment value. I don't remember saying "Those niggers sure are.... "

You like it here simply because you got the boot elsewhere.

Your wording is far too cute to say that ugly word but you always get that message across as clearly as if you had.

You callin' me a four year old?

Guest Dabnis

You like it here simply because you got the boot elsewhere.

Your wording is far too cute to say that ugly word but you always get that message across as clearly as if you had.

Yes, I was banned from Sailnet, "Lifetime ban", no less. Not sure whose lifetime they are talking about, mine or theirs. Their reason:

“You continually provoke, skirting the edges of SailNet rules and basic decency, with posts that disparage the intent of the forum and its rules. “

I am a Forum novice, just visited a few fishing, woodworking,& Homeowners association forums. Some were educational, but

this one in not only educational, but most entertaining. Only been here for about two years, but I like it, nice, kind folks here.

12K posts in two years?

Is that a record?

Guest Dabnis

12K posts in two years?

Is that a record?

Not sure, many of my posts are replies to other posts. JB Porter hasn't warned me about anything,

although he has called me an "Asshat", whatever that is.

12K posts in two years?

Is that a record?

Not sure, many of my posts are replies to other posts. JB Porter hasn't warned me about anything,

although he has called me an "Asshat", whatever that is.

If the capotain fits wear it.

12K posts in two years?

Is that a record?

he has called me an "Asshat", whatever that is.

Do you have a mirror?

Guest Dabnis

12K posts in two years?

Is that a record?

Do you have a mirror?

Oh my, from your & Wind's reply I am beginning to think "asshat" may be a bad word?

So, what kind of construction methods should we use to build the wall? Maybe study what the East Germans did?

12K posts in two years?

Is that a record?

Do you have a mirror?

Oh my, from your & Wind's reply I am beginning to think "asshat" may be a bad word?

So, what kind of construction methods should we use to build the wall? Maybe study what the East Germans did?

Considering the type of people in favour of it, that would be very appropriate.

Have plenty of armed guards to shoot any beaners or greasers who make it past the mines.

12K posts in two years?

Is that a record?

S/V will blow that record away at the rate he is going he is well over 1K a month even with a time out.

You should know that seeing as how you guys like to rub dick heads together every chance you get. I think he is really out to impress you. You should be flattered

That is quite an intellectual wit you have there Shitbreath.

I see it only took you twenty hours or so to come up with that zinger.

Guest Dabnis

12K posts in two years?

Is that a record?

Do you have a mirror?

Have plenty of armed guards to shoot any beaners or greasers who make it past the mines.

If one launches his boat without the drain plug in, the boat will sink. Even if the drain plug leaks a bit, you can just bail it

out once in a while.

At one time, we had a limit on how many people we would let into the country. I wonder why?

Does Canada have thousands, illegally streaming over your border, & receiving food, shelter, & medical care before being

dumped in small towns?

If one launches his boat without the drain plug in, the boat will sink. Even if the drain plug leaks a bit, you can just bail it

out once in a while.

At one time, we had a limit on how many people we would let into the country. I wonder why?

Does Canada have thousands, illegally streaming over your border, & receiving food, shelter, & medical care before being

dumped in small towns?

I believe they are called Trump refugees here. Since you crashed our immigration system on election night we have no way of tracking them right now.

169 posts in a thread titled "The Wall" and not a single Pink Floyd reference. I'm seriously disappointed in youse guys.

pink_floyd_the_wall_still.jpg

out once in a while.

dumped in small towns?

The sad part it, someone made a HUGE mistake letting your ancestors in Troller! If you don't like it, go back where you all came from, you won't be missed.

AND, you know and has been pointed out several times, the last question, highlighted, has been debunked.

I love good analogies. Emphasis on good. And, I like Dabs sparkling dim-wit and encourage him to stay here (in America and on the forum) just so the racist contingency of the population is properly represented.

The Cost Of Trump's Wall

The cost of the interstate system averaged $20 million per mile and that included the cost of land purchase in a lot of urban areas. That was in 1996 dollars. Say $30 million/mile today. If the cost of the wall was the same per mile it would be 2000 miles X $30,000,000 = $60 billion. The Washington Post study says $25 billion. Trump says $12 billion.

The cost of the F35 boondoggle will be $400 billion. For that much money we could build anywhere from 7 to 33 Mexican walls. We would employ a lot of construction workers and in the end we'd get a great tourist attraction. We've done worse.

Guest Dabnis

out once in a while.

dumped in small towns?

I believe they are called Trump refugees here. Since you crashed our immigration system on election night we have no way of tracking them right now.

"Trump refugees"? How ever many there are, it is not enough. Maybe going through BO withdrawal, they think Mr. Trudeau is part black?

Once the wall is built, all the good Meth/Heroin jobs will return to the US. Trump's a genius.

Anyone interested in a boat building opportunity? Playa Bagdad Boatworks and Tijuana Boatworks are now hiring.

+1

Otherwise, My God! If landowners think windmills are eyesores, what if the Wall destroys someone's view? Will the design have to pass neighborhood design guidelines? State/County/City Code? This could be in the courts for decades!

I can see Right Support peeling off because of this. Land Rights mean something. Especially in the West. But Trump isn't from the West.

Unless Trump offers free grazing rights next to the Wall on what might become Federal Land.....

On the vast majority of the land where the wall would be built there ain't nothing but desert and scrub.

out once in a while.

dumped in small towns?

"Trump refugees"? How ever many there are, it is not enough. Maybe going through BO withdrawal, they think Mr. Trudeau is part black?

You really can't help yourself can you?

Guest Dabnis

out once in a while.

dumped in small towns?

You really can't help yourself can you?

"Our first black President, oh how wonderful" ,(Likely liberal quote)

I wonder how it all would have come out if BO was all white instead of just half white? He wouldn't have had the half black

shield to hide behind.

The Cost Of Trump's Wall

The cost of the interstate system averaged $20 million per mile and that included the cost of land purchase in a lot of urban areas. That was in 1996 dollars. Say $30 million/mile today. If the cost of the wall was the same per mile it would be 2000 miles X $30,000,000 = $60 billion. The Washington Post study says $25 billion. Trump says $12 billion.

The cost of the F35 boondoggle will be $400 billion. For that much money we could build anywhere from 7 to 33 Mexican walls. We would employ a lot of construction workers and in the end we'd get a great tourist attraction. We've done worse.

Eminent Domain!

Deplorable HardOn, we already have walls in the urban border areas.

Arlie, you're probably right. It will lead to some interesting 5th amendment questions. Is a wall a public purpose like Pfizer's development? Does the 5th even say "public purpose" anywhere?

+1

Otherwise, My God! If landowners think windmills are eyesores, what if the Wall destroys someone's view? Will the design have to pass neighborhood design guidelines? State/County/City Code? This could be in the courts for decades!

I can see Right Support peeling off because of this. Land Rights mean something. Especially in the West. But Trump isn't from the West.

Unless Trump offers free grazing rights next to the Wall on what might become Federal Land.....

Will it be a hazard for low flying bald eagles?

If Gropenfuhrer wants a wall his faithful kakistocracy wants a wall. 

It really is that simple 

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-administration-moves-build-border-wall-around-environmental-regulations-n788696

I wonder what this mythical wall has cost already?. if you add up what all interested parties have spent..companies putting up tenders, enviromnental bodies, lawyers, congress's time..

1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-administration-moves-build-border-wall-around-environmental-regulations-n788696

I wonder what this mythical wall has cost already?. if you add up what all interested parties have spent..companies putting up tenders, enviromnental bodies, lawyers, congress's time..

So far, this is a rounding error compared to what the whole futile fucking thing would cost. May as well airdrop bags of hundred-dollar bills into the Rio Grande for the next 20 years. 

Trump is definitely losing it. The man constantly lies without batting an eye. Even the small stuff. 

Mexican president denies calling Trump to praise border work

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mexican-president-nieto-denies-ever-calling-trump-to-praise-border-work/

Excerpt -

He went on, saying, "As you know, the border was a tremendous problem and they're close to 80 percent stoppage. And even the president of Mexico called me -- they said their southern border, very few people are coming because they know they're not going to get through our border, which is the ultimate compliment."

But Nieto denies that ever happened.

"Trump is definitely losing it. The man constantly lies without batting an eye. Even the small stuff. "

I'm waiting until he announces that he had a conference call with Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.

5 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

"Trump is definitely losing it. The man constantly lies without batting an eye. Even the small stuff. "

I'm waiting until he announces that he had a conference call with Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.

Spicer was once the WH Easter Bunny.

30 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Some member of "Team Faithful should be along shortly to say this is just an example of the masterful way President Trump negotiates deals.

He makes the best deals.  Many people are saying that.

BORDER WALL NEARLY COLLAPSES DURING TESTING, 13 PROTOTYPES 'BREACHED' ALONG MEXICAN BORDER

Prototypes for the barrier between Mexico and the U.S. failed to meet the standards of “non-penetrable,” with the recently released CBP report revealing that several test teams were able to breach sections of the wall. The heavily redacted report showed how the $20 million Otay Mesa border wall designs will need to undergo significant improvements before any construction plans can be implemented.

https://www.newsweek.com/border-wall-breach-tests-cbp-report-trump-cost-customs-failure-mexico-1128900?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=NewsweekTwitter

10 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Right, that's all going swimmingly then.

They used Trump-brand concrete. What did anyone expect?

6 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

If the mob had used Trump brand concrete to make cement overshoes no one would have ever died.

4 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

If the mob had used Trump brand concrete to make cement overshoes no one would have ever died.

Well, they still would have died, but they would be floating feet-up.

8 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Well, they still would have died, but they would be floating feet-up.

You are no doubt correct. Despite my screen identity (and I'm from the northern part of Jersey) I flunked cement overshoes 101 during my apprenticeship.

15 hours ago, Mid said:

Fucking morons! The goddamn wall is to keep the cattle in. DUH :D

On 9/19/2018 at 5:45 PM, Raz'r said:

Mexico is gonna want their money back.

http://todayvenezuela.com/2018/10/28/is-it-time-for-spain-to-return-the-favor-to-venezuela/

The European Union and its establishment center-left politicians often like to castigate the United States for the supposed draconian nature of its immigration policies. The US, however, certainly is granting a far higher percentage of asylum applications than Spain.

Asylum claims are coveted precisely because they confer special benefits that other economic migrants are unable to access. Successful asylum seekers generally have a quick and easy pathway to citizenship, as well as access to housing, education, and healthcare paid for by the government, right off the bat. That is why surging asylum numbers are troubling many on the political right in the United States.

I'm not a very politically-aware person. I tend to think about things like physics and business and family and very little about politics.

When I see the words "The Wall" like on this thread, I immediately think of The Wall; first the wall in Germany that came down, then the Pink Floyd album, then I start to sing Comfortably Numb.

But now "The Wall" means the increasingly failed testament to keep brown people out of our chunk of America, while simultaneously encouraging them to come here by allowing Americans to break the law regularly with illegal hiring.

When did it happen that "The Wall" went from representing equality and liberty as the walls there were knocked down, to representing something to keep brown people out? What year did that happen in aggregate? 2006? 2016?

When I was a kid, the color red was applied to the tv maps to show which states were carried by the Democratic Party and the color blue was the Republican color. And then suddenly, with nobody noticing it seems, it was flipped. We're at war with Oceania, we've always been at war with Oceania. 

Are we ever going to develop any kind of collective memory? 

3 hours ago, Not guilty said:

The color coding we're familiar with today didn't stick until the iconic election of 2000, when The New York Times and USA Today published their first full-color election maps. The Times spread used red for Republicans because "red begins with r, Republican begins with r," said the senior graphics editor Archie Tse, "it was a more natural association." Red did not always denote the Republican party and blue wasn't always symbolic of Democrats — this now-common lexicon only dates back to the 2000 election. In 1976, NBC debuted its first election map on the air, with bulbs that turned red for Carter-won states (Democratic), and blue for Ford (Republican). This original color scheme was based on Great Britain's political system, which used red to denote the more liberal party. However, other stations used different colors and designations for a variety of ideological and aesthetic reasons.

So it didn't just flip with no one knowing, it was random until 2000.

I figured they painted the GOP red since that is the type of ink they use, while professing not to.

At least their opposition hasn't sold the lie to its supporters of being a party of fiscal responsibility.

walls < tunnels

righties < pragmatists

fear mongers < the rational

no morals < morals

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mid said:

We The People Will Fund The Wall

$1,579,330 of $1.0B goal

Raised by 26,721 people in 2 days

A billion isn't nearly enough to build it, let alone maintain it.

Not that it matters. You need more than just money to buy from an Uncooperative owner. You need the power of eminent domain.

This is as good a place as any to point out that people should be free to spend their money however they please. And Kolfage emphasizes that "if we don't reach our goal or come significantly close we will refund every single penny."

Still, even if people were to voluntarily give their own money, the wall would probably require lots of government action. That's because the federal government only owns about a third of the land on the southern border with Mexico. The rest, as Cato Institute immigration policy analyst David Bier noted in a May 2017 article for Reason, belongs to the states, Native American tribes, and private individuals. The government has only barely begin the long process of seizing the land on which the wall would be built.

There are a host of other reasons why building a border wall would be a bad idea. I won't get into all of them here, but you can click on this link to read about some of them.

(With the usual apology for the Koch-$pon$ored propaganda and its unabashed cheerleading for Trump, of course.)

Now Ann Coulter (Right wing attack dog) turns on Donald :

"In the end, we’ll probably find out “wall” was Trump’s “safe word” with Stormy Daniels. It’s just something he blurts out whenever he’s in trouble."

https://patriotpost.us/opinion/60165-gutless-president-in-wall-less-country

The rats are jumping ship.

34 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

Were they ever really out of vogue?

Only when the other team does it. 

Ouch!

Billy Carter said it best: "Some of these so-called Christians should be fed to the lions".

Between the Foxy News/Limbaugh Shutdown and the talk of interfering with the Fed, what are the markets going to do when they open up?

12 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

EAA8EE70-9C3F-4232-A35F-DEE286528CCC.jpeg

War? What war? You mean the ongoing conflict in Paraguay? The Columbian Socialist Revolution? I get that parts of Central America are a bit dicey, but full on war?

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 4:45 PM, Bus Driver said:

Only when the other team does it. 

What other team? Are we not all citizens of The United States?

(well at least all those here legally!)

4 hours ago, BillDBastard said:

What other team? Are we not all citizens of The United States?

(well at least all those here legally!)

The STUPID team.

Their uniform is a red hat.

Always a bit of melancholy this time of year....this thread title just triggered me :(...never know when it pops into consciousness 

VN Wall.jpg

1 hour ago, SailBlueH2O said:

Always a bit of melancholy this time of year....this thread title just triggered me :(...never know when it pops into consciousness 

VN Wall.jpg

Nice post - interestingly enough this wall was built with donations to a non profit (this would be pre gofundme for you youngins).  It was not without controversy, not from wanting a memorial but the design.  I have never been there but have seen the traveling one which is still most moving, certainly when finding someone known.