Spatial Ed

The Wall

The wall reminds me of the parable about the camel's nose.  (which may or may not be an old Arabic tale).  It goes like this:

The camel was cold, and begged the man to let him just put his nose in the tent.  The man relented, but soon, the whole camel was in his bed and refused to leave. 

$5 billion for the wall is just the nose. 

4 minutes ago, Kirwan said:

The wall reminds me of the parable about the camel's nose.  (which may or may not be an old Arabic tale).  It goes like this:

The camel was cold, and begged the man to let him just put his nose in the tent.  The man relented, but soon, the whole camel was in his bed and refused to leave. 

$5 billion for the wall is just the nose. 

"Just the tip..."

Beating a dead horse but there are walls/fences in some areas deemed necessary which is included in your link - 600 miles or so.  With Trump it's all or nothing as it's his big campaign promise. Of course that promise was Mexico would pay for it.

We are already allocating over 1 billion bucks/year for the southern border.  go the gofundme!

I ran across one of Trump’s recent rambling posts a day or two ago, and it looks like he’s copped to the fact that there’s no law that says federal workers are mandated back pay from a shutdown.  

Bingo!  Wall $$!!

It’s not like he’s ever stiffed employees before, or anything.....:rolleyes:

Scrooge McTrump!!!!  Quack quack quack!

And a Merry Christmas to all youse!!!!

Over the bridge and through the tunnel to The Father in Laws Room we go ho ho!

Nice Bridge & Tunnel crowd jab,  and forgive me if this has been covered but...

Why in the Living Hell is the Dem's talking point NOT:

"We ALREADY SPEND $ X/year billion on border security and HAVE SPENT $Y billion over the past 20 years.  

This is not a new situation,  the president is just USING IT to PLAY YOU LIKE A CHEAP GUITAR.  

There IS money,  LOTS OF IT - BEING spent in infrastructure and personnel to protect the country. Nothing is being helped there by shutting down those and other agencies."

Because,  frankly - this is what a Tantrum looks like and the 'adults' in the room really aren't handling it well.

4 minutes ago, Great Red Shark said:

"We ALREADY SPEND $ X/year billion on border security and HAVE SPENT $Y billion over the past 20 years.  

This is not a new situation,  the president is just USING IT to PLAY YOU LIKE A CHEAP GUITAR.  

There IS money,  LOTS OF IT - BEING spent in infrastructure and personnel to protect the country. Nothing is being helped there by shutting down those and other agencies."

Oh don’t try to bring the whole story into the conversation, when Good Americans are trying to gin up a distraction. You are wasting the efforts of some of our finest bullshitters. The next thing we know you’ll be talking about asylum law. Stop that. 

• Like 1

I know the terrible challenge it is to operate in a fact-based envelope where recent politics are concerned, but...

If The People are going to be the saving factor here - as in,  electing reasonable persons that can agree on a basic set of facts then you have to pull the Zoom out one notch and ask - $ Five Billion ?  as COMPARED TO WHAT ?   What we already spend RIGHT THERE, right now ?

Otherwise you (Congress Dems) have to say:  We tried to build more wall but no contractors would tender bids because they have all been stiffed by Trump before and want to be paid in advance of submittal.  

5 hours ago, BillDBastard said:

I think you just proved my point. Thank you.

Curiously, I'd say your comment - presumably after viewing those images - proves MY point.

image.png.7c82d6b777e9baabc521a8d23ad1c956.png

Lotsa Mensa members there.

@BillDBastard

it seems your point has to do with supporters continued blind confidence?

is that correct?

if so... each of you is correctly describing the situation even though you disagree about it being a good/ bad situation. 

I actually find that tone an interesting situation and suppose historians will look back on this period and include it when discussing how / why America was at it was in the early 21st century 

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

I doubt either of you get it, to be frank.

I am not Frank. How about you expound a bit on your point. You obviously feel you have one to make. Obviouisy you feel it is unclear to us. You have my attention. ... at least for a few minutes... 

• Downvote 1

7 hours ago, BillDBastard said:

You can enhance your credibility if you read your own sources . .  

"However, the Government Accountability Office revealed on Monday that the administration has not conducted a full analysis of the costs for the wall."  

And Provost is just about as credible as Kelly A. Conway - who can't even convince her own husband !!

1 hour ago, BillDBastard said:

I doubt either of you get it, to be frank.

Seems that no-one gets the point of anything you post.

You might ask yourself why.

13 hours ago, Great Red Shark said:

I'll take a guess:

Because that talking point leads directly to the 700 miles out of Trump's 1,000 for which Hillary and lots of other TeamD types voted. Talking about that now that any wall is racist is just not gonna happen.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2018 at 10:30 PM, Bus Driver said:

Dude, they're not from Mexico.  Do try and keep up.

But they are in Mexico and escaping war is not a valid reason for one to be allowed to cross the border between Mexico into the US there being no war in Mexico..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dog said:

But they are in Mexico and escaping war is not a valid reason for one to be allowed to cross the border between Mexico into the US there being no war in Mexico..

Your selfishness is noted.

i absolutely disagree with those of you who feel the need to exclude others from chasing the American Dream.

i believe our greatest benefit would come from establishing a system where those seeking a new life are registered and  conditionally welcomed. 

I believe we would benefit mist fromma system where we watch over those who come to join us and assist with their acclimation.

i believe we would benefit most from helping those who are working to join our society by lending a hand when they are not quite getting there. 

I believe turning away those who are seeking asylum from their horrible existence is the foulest of selfish acts. 

Allowing a million refugees a year will not cause any of us to miss a meal. 

Selfishness is not an American value 

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

i absolutely disagree with those of you who feel the need to exclude others from chasing the American Dream.

i believe our greatest benefit would come from establishing a system where those seeking a new life are registered and  conditionally welcomed. 

I believe we would benefit mist fromma system where we watch over those who come to join us and assist with their acclimation.

i believe we would benefit most from helping those who are working to join our society by lending a hand when they are not quite getting there. 

I believe turning away those who are seeking asylum from their horrible existence is the foulest of selfish acts. 

It seems to be the core belief of Trumpistas.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Ishmael said:

And we  must continuously and vigorously remind our fellow Americans how their selfishness offends our value system. 

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

It's the core belief of Trump.

Trumpistas are more than willing to fuck over themselves if a liberal gets fucked harder.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

A novel idea......A managed system of legal immigration. 

2 minutes ago, Dog said:

A novel idea......A managed system of legal immigration. 

Yup. Reagan tidied up the mess in the 1980s and failed to push through a system to continue forth.

We simply do not have any system at all and the result is over 12,000,000 Residents of our country who are not officially members of the society in which they live. 

The few who come to our borders daily could be easily managed with a simple system but there is WAY more political funding available for asinine emotional bullshit fights. 

We need to fix the system 

• Downvote 1

19 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:
On 12/25/2018 at 8:56 AM, BillDBastard said:

You can enhance your credibility if you read your own sources . .  

"However, the Government Accountability Office revealed on Monday that the administration has not conducted a full analysis of the costs for the wall."  

And Provost is just about as credible as Kelly A. Conway - who can't even convince her own husband !!

At least we aren't still pretending Chief Provost was installed by President Obama and/or not a political appointee.  Both of those lies were quickly exposed.

9 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

Yup. Reagan tidied up the mess in the 1980s and failed to push through a system to continue forth.

We simply do not have any system at all and the result is over 12,000,000 Residents of our country who are not officially members of the society in which they live. 

The few who come to our borders daily could be easily managed with a simple system but there is WAY more political funding available for asinine emotional bullshit fights. 

We need to fix the system 

We actually do have a system, I know, I came through it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

AND NOW YOU ARE UNWILLING TO ACCEPT US VALUES AND ARE SEEKING TO CHANGE THE US TO FIT YOUR WANTS.

What are you talking about, I'm pro immigrant?

22 minutes ago, Dog said:

What are you talking about, I'm pro immigrant?

And you're an independent.

And you have no interest in defending Republicans.

And you don't support Trump

Dog's just spouting the GOP mantra: "I got mine, fuck you!"

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

And you're an independent.

And you have no interest in defending Republicans.

And you don't support Trump

And I'm in favor of immigration. (Not to be confused with trespassing).

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Dog said:

How about those who seek asylum?

On 12/25/2018 at 6:49 AM, BillDBastard said:

Curiously while Roger Waters thinks The Wall is Pink Floyds best work,  David Gilmore believes it to be Wish You Were Here. 

I agree with Gilmore.

They each pick something other than Comfortably Numb because they both know that the pinnacle of their work is that song and it couldn't exist without their collaboration.

They both know, in their hearts, it's Comfortably Numb.

1 hour ago, Dog said:

It wouldn't be confused with trespassing - that's different all together. Unless you are bullshitting some dumbass rightwing lie equating undocumented immigration with trespass like a rightwing troglodyte would?

• Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

It wouldn't be confused with trespassing - that's different all together. Unless you are bullshitting some dumbass rightwing lie equating undocumented immigration with trespass like a rightwing troglodyte would?

Undocumented immigration is trespassing.

29 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

which is of course why you defend Trump cuts to legal immigration. every day is a bullshit day for dog.

Bullshit.

4 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:
4 hours ago, Dog said:

We actually do have a system, I know, I came through it.

AND NOW YOU ARE UNWILLING TO ACCEPT US VALUES AND ARE SEEKING TO CHANGE THE US TO FIT YOUR WANTS

If anyone ever needed proof that your immigration system is broken, the Mutts statement proves it.

12 hours ago, Dog said:

Incorrect. Asylum doesn't legally require what you are claiming it does. You are either ignorant of the law or dishonestly claiming what you know to be false. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

Incorrect. Asylum doesn't legally require what you are claiming it does. You are either ignorant of the law or dishonestly claiming what you know to be false. 

Either? It's been told to Dog so many times the only choice is dishonest. Like with dogballs

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

With the Mutt it's plain old ignorance.

Well, that and stupidity.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:
1 hour ago, VOA said:

He didn’t make a claim about asylum you idiot. Are you imagining that he did or just making a claim. 

You are one whiny cunt these days Grumpy.

GUMPY was always a "whiny cunt". It's all he ever did. In this case, he's also wrong - Dog simply stated "escaping war is not a valid reason for one to be allowed to cross the border between Mexico into the US" as there is no war in Mexico. As escaping war is a valid reason to seek asylum, seeking asylum at a port of entry is legal, and there is no requirement for asylum seekers to stop at the first country not at war; Dog is wrong. So is GUMPY.

Now please do refrain from quoting the stunted little pervert. Some of us have the nutter on ignore and, as evident, we're not missing anything of note.

• Downvote 1

11 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

You are not instrumental in, or really even relevant to, the decision making process. As such, your opinion isn't relevant"....Bent Sailor 

19 hours ago, Dog said:

You are not instrumental in, or really even relevant to, the decision making process. As such, your opinion isn't relevant"....Bent Sailor 

As this isn't a situation in which decisions are being made, merely your bullshit being pointed out, you're once again proving you didn't get the point. 

Would you like to double down on the stupid or choose this point as a good time to run away, tail between your legs? 

• Downvote 1

Now he's threatening to close the southern border if he doesn't get his wall.

Again.

I wonder how the markets will react to this..and how much his company makes with every rise and fall.

We will be forced to close the Southern Border entirely if the Obstructionist Democrats do not give us the money to finish the Wall & also change the ridiculous immigration laws that our Country is saddled with. Hard to believe there was a Congress & President who would approve!

.The United States looses soooo much money on Trade with Mexico under NAFTA, over 75 Billion Dollars a year (not including Drug Money which would be many times that amount), that I would consider closing the Southern Border a “profit making operation.” We build a Wall or close the Southern Border. Bring our car industry back into the United States where it belongs. Go back to pre-NAFTA, before so many of our companies and jobs were so foolishly sent to Mexico. Either we build (finish) the Wall or we close the Border

Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador are doing nothing for the United States but taking our money. Word is that a new Caravan is forming in Honduras and they are doing nothing about it. We will be cutting off all aid to these 3 countries - taking advantage of U.S. for years!

4 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

Good......we NAFTA....greatly helped the country of Mexico by enabling "our jobs" to go south in order to improve their economic welfare...there is great wealth in the country as a result and that wealth is held by the few and not used to build the countries economy...hence the generations of border crossers causing all sorts of negative impact in our country....

Sealing the entire border between the countries, meanwhile, would cause economic chaos. In 2017, about $558 billion in goods flowed across the U.S.- Mexico border in both directions, making Mexico our third-biggest trading partner for goods behind Canada and China. U.S. goods exported to Mexico totaled $243.3 billion, while trade in services accounted for another $58 billion.

Trucks transport the bulk of goods: In September 2018 alone, $34.7 billion in freight -- 69 percent of all southern border freight -- crossed in from Mexico by truck, according to the U.S. Bureau of Transportation Statistics. Another $6.8 billion crossed by rail, $5.9 billion by vessels, $1.3 billion by air and $400 million by pipeline.    

Roughly 465,000 people also enter the U.S. each day through the various ports of entry at the southern border, according to a Wilson Center report. That's enough people to fill El Paso's Sun Bowl Stadium nine times.  

"If you are thinking about a total shutdown of the border, then it's hundreds of millions of dollars a day -- maybe a billion," Duncan Wood, director of the Wilson Center's Mexico Institute, told CBS MoneyWatch. "It's an economic impossibility. Literally, the two economies would grind to a halt. Both economies are set up to depend upon cross-border trade."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/what-president-trumps-threat-to-close-the-u-s-mexico-border-would-cost/

3 hours ago, SailBlueH2O said:

WE can dual purpose the Wall ....with some corrugated sheeting for  roofing and a parallel  wall of this design the captured border crossers and illegal aliens found anywhere in the 50 states ,while awaiting deportation they can be stored in between the walls which would serve as a cage to house them awaiting expulsion....... in the meantime sympathetic avistist on both sides of the wall can feed the captured and remove waste ....MAGA folks could give sightseeing tours in big wheeled 4x4's pulling trailers with seats and raise money for Trumps 2020 and beyond legacy...

You are a remarkably sick fuck.

Does inhumane treatment give you a chubby?

Seems like it does.

9 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

You are a remarkably sick fuck.

Does inhumane treatment give you a chubby?

Seems like it does.

I'm still wondering if SailBlew is a Gouv sock. Nobody could be that  ignorantly reich wing without putting it on.

3 hours ago, SailBlueH2O said:

WE can dual purpose the Wall ....with some corrugated sheeting for  roofing and a parallel  wall of this design the captured border crossers and illegal aliens found anywhere in the 50 states ,while awaiting deportation they can be stored in between the walls which would serve as a cage to house them awaiting expulsion....... in the meantime sympathetic avistist on both sides of the wall can feed the captured and remove waste ....MAGA folks could give sightseeing tours in big wheeled 4x4's pulling trailers with seats and raise money for Trumps 2020 and beyond legacy...

Swall.jpg

Turn it into a zoo - perfect Republican response.

Take the kids to show them the Greasers.

If President Trump follows through on his threat to shut down the border with Mexico, how long before he blames the Democrats for his boneheaded move?

10 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

If President Trump follows through on his threat to shut down the border with Mexico, how long before he blames the Democrats for his boneheaded move?

It's a nonsensical threat, meant to placate the ignorant. $550,000,000,000 of product and services cross that border every year. It's not going to shut down.

At the current rate of growth, Mexico will surpass both China and Canada to take the number one U.S. trading partner by 2025. Borders don't close when they separate economic juggernauts.

Some thoughts from a friend up in the Panhandle, which he shared on FB.

With all the media hoopla over building "the wall" I have been hearing about. As a resident of Parker, Florida our Latinos neighbors to the south were the saviors to home owners that needed a roof put on before the rainy season starts. My business hired a crew from Atlanta to re-roof the shop. Their bosses told them to sleep in a their Chevy van, 7 of them. No hotel, no shower. They worked 7 days a week, in the rain from sunup to sundown. I made great friends, I learned I could trust these men with my life. When my wife found out how they were living on the 3rd day, we were outraged, We learned how their American roofing business treated their employees. We decided bring them in our home. I woke up with them, in the house every morning for over 45 days. Only one spoke English well. And in my observation they are the hardest working, most caring workers I have ever employed. I await the return of my amigos from El Paso, Texas to repair my personal house in the spring. They repaired/re roofed my business inside and out, Taught me how to roof my 4 rental houses, Overcome my irrational fear of heights, and how to speak better Spanish. Fine craftsmen and hard workers. If they could fix cars I would put them on the payroll. Now back to building the Wall. Walls can keep you in as well as keep people out. Let people work in America who want to work, without all the needed red tape and Governmental BS. End the Welfare/Warfare state of America, to make it "sane again" as our founding fathers intended. Happy New year to all 2019

But he's also a beekeeper and a libertarian, so doubly weird.

Life in Along the Border in San Diego, California

“The wall is an extremely disturbing issue for me. It isn’t wanted here in San Diego. We have more than adequate border security already, in my opinion. We have a massive, ugly, rusted iron fence that extends out into the ocean. It cannot be climbed or conquered by a person on foot. This presidential administration has caused untold tension and anxiety here in my border city. The professed need for a hateful wall to divide us from our brothers and sisters is a myth.”

https://hillreporter.com/exclusive-the-southern-border-stories-trump-doesnt-want-you-to-hear-about-19691

5 hours ago, Mid said:

We have a massive, ugly, rusted iron fence that extends out into the ocean. It cannot be climbed or conquered by a person on foot.

See why the ability to launch and recover from a beach is an important part of the Everglades Challenge?

In less than 24 hrs the Dragon Lady takes charge.  TWO heartbeats away from the White House.  The wall is dead. 

7 minutes ago, Al Paca said:

In less than 24 hrs the Dragon Lady takes charge.  TWO heartbeats away from the White House.  The wall is dead. 

I wish gridlock worked that quickly but it will not die instantly.

1 hour ago, dogballs Tom said:

I wish gridlock worked that quickly but it will not die instantly.

It was dead already. Had been for some time. It's just getting even harder for the true believers to maintain the faith.

On 12/23/2018 at 10:14 AM, Bus Driver said:

EAA8EE70-9C3F-4232-A35F-DEE286528CCC.jpeg

I asked @Gouvernail already when he posted this same meme and he never bothered to answer so maybe you can help me out....  what "war" are they escaping??

On 12/23/2018 at 11:37 PM, SailBlueH2O said:

chuchshu.jpg

Ouch.

2 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

... what "war" are they escaping??

Power struggles between street gangs. Yes, it's war.

1 minute ago, justsomeguy! said:

So, where are the war refugees from chicago, St Louis and Baltimore going to go???

1 hour ago, Shootist Jeff said:

So, where are the war refugees from chicago, St Louis and Baltimore going to go???

That's up to them. Hopefully there won't be a wall blocking their way.

10 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Canada.

16 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:
18 minutes ago, justsomeguy! said:

Since it's obvious that the war they need to escape is the stupid drug war, the best available suggestion would be Portugal.

Untitled.jpg.fe3cb520766cc32bc747f3b3a7910032.jpg

55 minutes ago, Mid said:

Untitled.jpg.fe3cb520766cc32bc747f3b3a7910032.jpg

He's made it near impossible for him or the Ds to back down or reach a middle ground without being total losers. 

Who's gonna pay for the wall? The americans he's holding hostage. Trump team have surveyed the workers whose pays will be affected, most will soon cry out "give him his wall and me my pay", everyone has expenses and many not enough savings to last days let alone months.

The Ds ought to continue the shutdown till 2020 but in a bid to appear more "mature" and "we care for the country" I can see them giving in.... unless the Rs stab him in the back and agree with the Ds on restarting the government minus the wall which is not likely. Mitch loves these kind of tactics, I see his hand guiding this escalation.

Mueller may spring a surprise and the Rs to redeem themselves may team up with the Ds and usher in a new era of cooperation and bipartisanship but the most likely scenario is the Ds taking it up theirs.

If they manage to grow a pair or learn to use a strap on and stop with the "responsible adults" thing the desperation to find a way out as T & mitch realise their blackmail ain't gonna work will be legendary. 

Edit: it may end in an anticlimax tomorrow, just trying out my new keyboard layout.

9 minutes ago, VhmSays said:

He's made it near impossible for him or the Ds to back down or reach a middle ground without being total losers. 

Who's gonna pay for the wall? The americans he's holding hostage. Trump team have surveyed the workers whose pays will be affected, most will soon cry out "give him his wall and me my pay", everyone has expenses and many not enough savings to last days let alone months.

The Ds ought to continue the shutdown till 2020 but in a bid to appear more "mature" and "we care for the country" I can see them giving in.... unless the Rs stab him in the back and agree with the Ds on restarting the government minus the wall which is not likely. Mitch loves these kind of tactics, I see his hand guiding this escalation.

Mueller may spring a surprise and the Rs to redeem themselves may team up with the Ds and usher in a new era of cooperation and bipartisanship but the most likely scenario is the Ds taking it up theirs.

If they manage to grow a pair or learn to use a strap on and stop with the "responsible adults" thing the desperation to find a way out as T & mitch realise their blackmail ain't gonna work will be legendary. 

Edit: it may end in an anticlimax tomorrow, just trying out my new keyboard layout.

Don't bet the farm.

GOP Senator calls on Congress to end shutdown without border deal

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

The paragraph that stands out is:

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) says he will not schedule a vote on a clean stopgap funding measure to re-open federal agencies without prior sign-off from the president. 

The GOP will not allow their president (& by extension, the Republican Party) to be seen voting against people get paid for the job the government hired them to do. So instead of acting in the public's interest, they'll refuse to act at all. Gutless.

4 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

So instead of acting in the public's interest, they'll refuse to act at all. Gutless.

perfect members of an IJ ...............:rolleyes:

Cory Gardner isn't a nobody (like for example, a Rubio). He's the chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee, roughly 6th in the Republican leadership.

5 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Cory Gardner isn't a nobody (like for example, a Rubio). He's the chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee, roughly 6th in the Republican leadership.

So? Trump has said he won't open the government until he gets his wall, McConnell has said he won't bring to vote anything that Trump won't sign, and Gardner can't/won't do anything about it. It's all kabuki theatre and faux hand-wringing to save his state some votes. 

• Like 1

Yeah, but if McConnell caves, if, then that doesn't matter. Gardner going public is probably a signal meant to lessen the sting of capitulation. But Republicans knew this would happen (and they said as much) a week or so back. Basically instead of caving then they get to cave now and give Pelosi a nice little victory dance to start off with.

I suppose Shitstain could veto a funding bill and but then risk really get humiliated.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Yeah, but if McConnell caves, if, then that doesn't matter. Gardner going public is probably a signal meant to lessen the sting of capitulation. But Republicans knew this would happen (and they said as much) a week or so back. Basically instead of caving then they get to cave now and give Pelosi a nice little victory dance to start off with.

I suppose Shitstain could veto a funding bill and but then risk really get humiliated.

Was Clinton humiliated when he vetoed a funding bill and shut down the government?

10 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

Was Clinton humiliated when he vetoed a funding bill and shut down the government?

Not at all. He won that shutdown, twice. The first was over Gingrich throwing a hissy fit about not being allowed to exit Air Force One from the front at Rabin's funeral. Maybe your boy Shitstain let Gingrich exit from the front, but Slick Willie never did.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_federal_government_shutdowns_of_1995–1996

Speaking to the point, Clinton didn't get those vetoes overridden. Your boy Shitstain would be getting his first veto overridden.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Which is why McConnell is not letting any bill Trump hasn't pre-approved come to a vote. The GOP President getting humiliated humiliates the GOP. Mitch is trying to minimise damage to the GOP brand and Trump is making sure that any pain to him is felt by the Republican Party. Mutually assured destruction of brand as a weapon to get his way.

Then it’s on McConnell. But I see Gardner as a smoke signal 

McConnell revels in his personal unpopularity, but only up to a point and that point is the electability of Senate Republicans. He’s basically in a coalition with a madman and he can catch spears for only so long.

This is an own goal for Republicans and the base will hold it against them in true Read My Lips fashion.

Popcorn?

Can we get real here. We have caravans of thousands of central Americans advancing on the southern border. 60,000 illegal crossing apprehensions in a single month. Families crossing in the dangerous El Paso sector up 20 times year over year. All are undeterred by our current border security measures.

The president is requesting a paltry $5B which is more than he will settle for and less than is needed. The reason Democrats won't support the $5B is because they are only pretending to be for border security, they see votes crossing the border. The "walls are immoral" or that they don't work arguments are transparently bullshit. That and they want to stick it to Trump.

It's all about the accumulation of power and revenge.

10 minutes ago, Dog said:

Can we get real here. We have caravans of thousands of central Americans advancing on the southern border. 60,000 illegal crossing apprehensions in a single month. Families crossing in the dangerous El Paso sector up 20 times year over year. All are undeterred by our current border security measures.

The president is requesting a paltry $5B which is more than he will settle for and less than is needed. The reason Democrats won't support the $5B is because they are only pretending to be for border security, they see votes crossing the border. The "walls are immoral" or that they don't work arguments are transparently bullshit. That and they want to stick it to Trump.

It's all about the accumulation of power and revenge.

That’s even funnier than the delusional bullshit from the Pride of the GOP himself. You were told to up your game and you outdid yourself. Give yourself a treat. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

That’s even funnier than the delusional bullshit from the Pride of the GOP himself. You were told to up your game and you outdid yourself. Give yourself a treat. 

did he really just say we have caravans thousands of  thousands advancing on the southern boarder?   isn't that so 2018?

11 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Did you see that Pelosi and Schumer refused to even hear Nielsen's briefing on the situation at the border, they don't even want to know.