Spatial Ed

The Wall

1 hour ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

I'm fairly certain his staff is telling him he's walking on the water.

A prerequisite of hiring I am sure.

If this lunatic gets anything from this pathetic petulance it should be a rebuke from his own senate.

The corporates must be getting really restless now and once the power brokers get on the phone to their senators saying enough is enough,  donnies sandpit paying days will be over.

If he keeps this up there will be no republican party left with the exception of a few hard core followers that worship his every move while being fucked by tariffs and double fucked with a tanking market.

But quick look over here. Digging his heels in over  a fucking wall , as the country teeters on the brink. 

Building a wall to stop illegal immigration is a lot like pushing shit uphill with a rake.

Surely there are republicans that now realize that an undying loyalty to Trump is tantamount to suicide.

Putin must be delirious with joy, a whole spy network is employed to obtain the election of a class A Fuckwit ,an adjudicated bankrupt. 

A man who has all by himself, demolished the US's world standing and turned governance into a parody.  Winning anyone?

"I think that the D intransigent opposition to anything that can be called a wall is slightly less helpful than the  sea-to-sea barrier idea."

This SEEMS to be implying that, somehow, the Legislative Branch is a less than equal branch and should be the ones that "blink" when in conflict with the Executive.

Shouldn't the duplicitous party be the one in the wrong? 

1 minute ago, learningJ24 said:

"I think that the D intransigent opposition to anything that can be called a wall is slightly less helpful than the  sea-to-sea barrier idea."

This SEEMS to be implying that, somehow, the Legislative Branch is a less than equal branch and should be the ones that "blink" when in conflict with the Executive.

Shouldn't the duplicitous party be the one in the wrong? 

Not only that, but it's only now "slightly less helpful" than Donnie's tantrum after the majority party in the House changed from GOP to Democrat. 

3 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

How much does it cost the fire department to respond to a house fire?  Is there a threshold of house fires below which we shouldn't worry about deploying the Fire Department?

The appropriate answer, IMHO, is that the cost is what the cost is - and that trying to validate the cost in terms of "how much per incident" is a fool's errand, and I don't think that it supports your premise that because "there aren't that many incursions" that we should ignore border security.

It's closer to deploying 3 firehalls to put out a garden shed fire.

The whole "wall" thing is a tempest in a teapot - grist for the deplorables that Trump lives & dies by.

Untitled.jpg

2 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

A lot of alternatives on TV tomorrow.

seems to be a common opinion .

CBS to air Trump's prime time address, other broadcasters still deliberating

Come Monday evening, CBS said it would go ahead and carry the address. ABC, NBC, PBS, and the Fox broadcast network have yet to comment.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/01/07/media/networks-trump-border-security-speech/index.html

1 minute ago, Fakenews said:

Odds on the ratings being reported?

yuge , biggly ,

Sol help us out here please 

1 minute ago, SloopJonB said:

if Fox didn't air it?

akin to a declaration of war .

14 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Wouldn't it be great if Fox didn't air it?

Not a chance in hell. He's pitching straight at their audience. 

The major television networks will provide wall-to-wall coverage of President Donald Trump's prime time address on border security on Tuesday.

NBC, ABC and CBS all said on Monday that they had agreed to the White House's request for air time.
CNN, Fox News and MSNBC will all carry the address live, as well.

nobody wants to miss out on the State of Emergency declaration

42 minutes ago, Mid said:

CBS to air Trump's prime time address, other broadcasters still deliberating

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/01/07/media/networks-trump-border-security-speech/index.html

I wonder whose left in the White House to write his speech.  Purely for the can't-look-train-wreck aspect, I half-hope it is Stephen Miller.  Nothing like going full on bat shit crazy in prime time, but that could be seriously scary.  

4 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

I wonder whose left in the White House to write his speech.  Purely for the can't-look-train-wreck aspect, I half-hope it is Stephen Miller.  Nothing like going full on bat shit crazy in prime time, but that could be seriously scary.  

Oh the vision.....wonder if he plays a little Wagner to get inspired.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

write his speech.

proven waste of time , 

what is MJ's chimp doing these days ?

1 hour ago, Mid said:

proven waste of time , 

what is MJ's chimp doing these days ?

Still in recovery.  Thanks for asking.

In a joint statement Monday night, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer said Democrats deserved airtime as well to rebut the president’s message.

“Now that the television networks have decided to air the President’s address, which if his past statements are any indication will be full of malice and misinformation, Democrats must immediately be given equal airtime,” they said.

Networks giving Trump free airtime on Tuesday refused to air Obama’s 2014 immigration speech

The question of whether, or how, to treat Trump differently from other presidents in light of his relentless dishonesty is an interesting one. But it’s noteworthy that just a few years ago, the networks were comfortable refusing to air a primetime Barack Obama speech about immigration on the grounds that the topic was “overtly political.”

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/1/7/18172419/trump-immigration-speech-networks-obama

It’s going to be a terrific, beautiful Maginot Line. Many people are saying it. Belief me. 

8 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

It’s going to be a terrific, beautiful Maginot Line. Many people are saying it. Belief me. 

It's going to need a name to really stand out as one of the modern wonders. The Tardwall? The Fuckfacefence? The Towers of Ignorance?

15 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

It's going to need a name to really stand out as one of the modern wonders. The Tardwall? The Fuckfacefence? The Towers of Ignorance?

The Beautiful Barrier Of Bombastic Bullshit. 

The Buffoon's Barrier

17 hours ago, d'ranger said:

The Wall is Trump's big campaign promise which he has to hold to or lose his base support.

Absolutely true. I wandered over to Free Republic to see what they thought about the "military version" of eminent domain being used to take property from owners, mostly in Texas.

Overwhelmingly, the sentiment was "whatever works, whatever it takes."

Sickening. And the revulsion conservatives used to exhibit at the mere mention of Kelo? Gone without a trace.

14 hours ago, Dog said:

What law do you think they could write... make illegal immigration illegal?

Simple. Make e verify required for all businesses in all states all the time. 

There’s got to be a drinking game associated with tonight’s shitshow 

48 minutes ago, dacapo said:

Our Best Citizens hate that. The last thing they want is to pay citizens to work; they are not (yet) desperate enough to work for next to nothing. 

Don’t believe me?  Look up who fought all the way to the US Supreme Court when Arizona tried to pass a law forcing employers to use the system. The Chamber of Commerce. 

Until the Chamber of Commerce wants it, all we’ll see on immigration is bullshit from bullshit artists, designed to divide us. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, dacapo said:

I'm good with that. Won't do much about under the table workers but it's a good start.

9 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

Riddle me this Queen of the Over-ride, why does the IRS, in conjunction with ICE, NOT run E-Verify on tax returns?

Seems a no-brainer. Just add a E-Verify application to electronically filed returns. Comes back with a red flag, ICE is dispatched to knock on a few doors.

And since paper returns are scanned into the system, run E-Verify on those too.

This is the real problem. Not businesses responsibility to make sure the documentation an illegal supplies them is valid. It is the IRS's job to ensure that those supplying documentation for the purpose of work eligibility are properly vetted. Supply a bad social security number and it gets bounced.

See one of the big problems is falsified docs. The other is off the books employment. By all means go after the off the books employers. No quibble there and has zip to do with hiring illegals. As for falsified docs, that squarely falls on the employee not the employer. As such that falls squarely on the IRS. Why shouldn't the IRS actually do their job? The solvency and credibility of the Social Security System is wholly dependent on that.

you silly libertarian    why make it the job of the gumment and not the responsibility of the business owner?  

and furthermore.................i haven;t had an over ride in a long time

Hey Dog,

Any thoughts on using the "military version" of eminent domain to take property for the wall?

39 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

Riddle me this Queen of the Over-ride, why does the IRS, in conjunction with ICE, NOT run E-Verify on tax returns?

Seems a no-brainer. Just add a E-Verify application to electronically filed returns. Comes back with a red flag, ICE is dispatched to knock on a few doors.

And since paper returns are scanned into the system, run E-Verify on those too.

This is the real problem. Not businesses responsibility to make sure the documentation an illegal supplies them is valid. It is the IRS's job to ensure that those supplying documentation for the purpose of work eligibility are properly vetted. Supply a bad social security number and it gets bounced.

See one of the big problems is falsified docs. The other is off the books employment. By all means go after the off the books employers. No quibble there and has zip to do with hiring illegals. As for falsified docs, that squarely falls on the employee not the employer. As such that falls squarely on the IRS. Why shouldn't the IRS actually do their job? The solvency and credibility of the Social Security System is wholly dependent on that.

I recently discovered that my wife'd been making a dumb mistake  -  entering her green card number, where she should have been entering her ITIN  -  for the last 12 years.

12 years working under the wrong number, filing taxes under the wrong number... half a dozen different employers...  IRS never caught it.  SS didn't catch it.  State dept didn't catch it, when she got her permanent residency... We only realized, when NY State's health insurance exchange wouldn't register her with that number. 

And you want them to handle e-verify? 

Your tax cuts at work for you. This is the normal strategy, cut funding for agencies until they can no longer do their job then scream that "government is ineffecient, TRUST the private sector".  The current system is broken, and broken for the benefit of the employers so you want to just "trust them"?

42 minutes ago, learningJ24 said:

This is the normal strategy, cut funding for agencies until they can no longer do their job then scream that "government is ineffecient

No need to wait. 

2 hours ago, Dog said:

I'm good with that. Won't do much about under the table workers but it's a good start.

You mean like those that Trump told to barter for their rent?

4 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

You mean like those that Trump told to barter for their rent?

Exactly.

14 minutes ago, badlatitude said:
2 hours ago, Dog said:

Nice. Now if they would just enforce it. A $1000 fine per alien since 1952, means people like the Perdue family and Tyson, owe billions. Problem of the wall cost solved.

President Trump, as sole owner of the Trump Organization, has been hiring said folks for decades.

Ya think he'll be cool with such nonsense?

5 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

President Trump, as sole owner of the Trump Organization, has been hiring said folks for decades.

Ya think he'll be cool with such nonsense?

His explanation would be good for laughs. If nothing else, it does illustrate where the real problem in immigration has been since the 1930s.

17 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

And therein lies the problem. You acknowledge that the sea-to-shining-sea wall is not a good idea, the Republicans didn't give Trump that wall, and you're blaming the Democrats for following through by refusing to give Trump the $5billion he demands for the barrier. He isn't budging, the Republicans didn't budge either, but somehow taking the same position as the GOP did makes the D intransigence slightly worse. That's partisan bias right there.

You're picking a tangent and trying to conflate what I said into something else.  Let me make it simple for you, and I hope un-twistable:  Trump IS NOT going to fix this.  We NEED a fix.  A way to make this fix is for the responsible adults in Congress to work behind Trump to come up with a viable approach that makes Trump think he's getting what he wants so that government operations resume, that will address some of the deficiencies in our physical border security, and will address some of the procedural/policy issues that have been plaguing us for decades, and describing it in a way that both sides can claim a "win" - as we all know that the parties are more interested in that than in actually doing anything that works.  

1 hour ago, frenchie said:

I recently discovered that my wife'd been making a dumb mistake  -  entering her green card number, where she should have been entering her ITIN  -  for the last 12 years.

12 years working under the wrong number, filing taxes under the wrong number... half a dozen different employers...  IRS never caught it.  SS didn't catch it.  State dept didn't catch it, when she got her permanent residency... We only realized, when NY State's health insurance exchange wouldn't register her with that number. 

And you want to trust them with healthcare, and coming up w/a solution to the immigration mess?  

13 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

You're picking a tangent and trying to conflate what I said into something else.  Let me make it simple for you, and I hope un-twistable:  Trump IS NOT going to fix this.  We NEED a fix.  A way to make this fix is for the responsible adults in Congress to work behind Trump to come up with a viable approach that makes Trump think he's getting what he wants so that government operations resume, that will address some of the deficiencies in our physical border security, and will address some of the procedural/policy issues that have been plaguing us for decades, and describing it in a way that both sides can claim a "win" - as we all know that the parties are more interested in that than in actually doing anything that works.  

Until you can define “this” in “we need to fix this”, I have to assume this is just some screech about “doing something”.

1 minute ago, Raz'r said:

Until you can define “this” in “we need to fix this”, I have to assume this is just some screech about “doing something”.

"This" is multi faceted, and I *have* defined the components that I think comprise the aggregate "this".  re-read what I said, and if you disagree or think I'm missing something, happy to address those questions.  

2 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Until you can define “this” in “we need to fix this”, I have to assume this is just some screech about “doing something”

dogballs

9 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:
2 hours ago, frenchie said:

And you want to trust them with healthcare, and coming up w/a solution to the immigration mess?  

Who ya gonna call

200px-Ghostbusters_logo.svg.png

A lot of public tasks IMHO are properly entrusted to the gov't. Health care insurance is a big sticking point, nuclear power is another...... sometimes it is unwise to trust for-profit corporations (private or public) to not deliberately cut corners and stick more money in their own pockets.

Seems to me that handling (devising, issuing, updating, etc) a form of identification that is publicly accepted is a good task for gov't.

-DSK

Just now, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

"This" is multi faceted, and I *have* defined the components that I think comprise the aggregate "this".  re-read what I said, and if you disagree or think I'm missing something, happy to address those questions.  

the problem , i think is we are trying to mix oil and water. (reality and politics)  take donny , take all politics out of the equation and there would be a fix....until lives are not used as pawns in a silly game nothing will be done (on either side of the aisle) 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Deal with the undocumented, check

deal with a leaky border? No data that it’s currently leaking. Maybe we should fiberglass the bottom just in case?

Funding to process asylum cases, check.

wall? Fuck it.

2 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Who ya gonna call

200px-Ghostbusters_logo.svg.png

A lot of public tasks IMHO are properly entrusted to the gov't. Health care insurance is a big sticking point, nuclear power is another...... sometimes it is unwise to trust for-profit corporations (private or public) to not deliberately cut corners and stick more money in their own pockets.

Seems to me that handling (devising, issuing, updating, etc) a form of identification that is publicly accepted is a good task for gov't.

-DSK

No argument Steamers - just trying to setup an intro to something that I think has been lacking from Fed Govt oversight for forever:   Information sharing and shared efficiencies between agencies - the propensity for our agencies to compete for budget, for its leaders to expand their sphere of influence to grow those budgets are often counter to the best interests of the citizenry.  Look at Frenchie's post as an example.   Similar to the opinion I've expressed for the desired structure of or future military, I think that there's a tremendous amount of wasteful, sometimes intentionally inefficient duplication that I'd like to see reduced. 

So - while Government is in many cases the only reasonable owner for certain issues, the inter-governmental motivations don't always lead to solutions that are engineered with the best interests of the citizenry in mind.  

Was the ACA the best solution for the country?   IMHO - absolutely not - EVERYTHING that is touted as an ACA success could have been achieved faster, simpler with less cost and much less disruption to those who didn't benefit by simply expanding Medicaid eligibility and establishing a graduated premium schedule.  BUT - that wouldn't have created the legislative legacy that Pres Obama's administration wanted.    Liken this to the wall - It's NOT the best solution,  and those who oppose it are adamant (and correct ) in that opposition, but, the decision is going to come down to not what's best for the country, but, what the current administration thinks will contribute most to its political legacy.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

No argument Steamers - just trying to setup an intro to something that I think has been lacking from Fed Govt oversight for forever:   Information sharing and shared efficiencies between agencies - the propensity for our agencies to compete for budget, for its leaders to expand their sphere of influence to grow those budgets are often counter to the best interests of the citizenry.  Look at Frenchie's post as an example.   Similar to the opinion I've expressed for the desired structure of or future military, I think that there's a tremendous amount of wasteful, sometimes intentionally inefficient duplication that I'd like to see reduced. 

So - while Government is in many cases the only reasonable owner for certain issues, the inter-governmental motivations don't always lead to solutions that are engineered with the best interests of the citizenry in mind.  

Was the ACA the best solution for the country?   IMHO - absolutely not - EVERYTHING that is touted as an ACA success could have been achieved faster, simpler with less cost and much less disruption to those who didn't benefit by simply expanding Medicaid eligibility and establishing a graduated premium schedule.  BUT - that wouldn't have created the legislative legacy that Pres Obama's administration wanted.    Liken this to the wall - It's NOT the best solution,  and those who oppose it are adamant (and correct ) in that opposition, but, the decision is going to come down to not what's best for the country, but, what the current administration thinks will contribute most to its political legacy.  

Agreed, except to point out / quibble that ObamaCare -did- massively expand Medicare and most of the red states fought that part tooth & nail.

I would still suggest that there is a profound difference between the Trump Administration and every other Presidential Administration that I know of: they are malfeasant in intent from the outset. Their goal is not to run the gov't, their intent is to profit from it and to destroy those parts which prevent them (and their cronies) from profiting. We're lucky that President Trump doesn't have ties to defense industries or we'd be getting lied into another series of wars.

It's a trainwreck in every dimension. And although it looks like a few Republicans want to try and fix it, nowhere near enough. Trump is said to be very popular among Republicans, where is the motivation? You can't expect everybody else in the country to step in while Republicans just stand by and gloat.

The worst thing that this situation is becoming the new standard of "success" in US politics.

-DSK

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

The worst thing that this situation is becoming the new standard of "success" in US politics.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^ belongs in the what's the worst thing fuckstick has done

46 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I'm with you, other than acquiescing to the adolescent who occupies the WH. 

I am not of the opinion they need to provide him an opportunity to save face when he has flat out refused to compromise.

"BUT - that wouldn't have created the legislative legacy that Pres Obama's administration wanted.'

I'm not convinced this assumption is warranted.  If O COULD have expanded Medicare to cover everyone AND changed the tax structure to pay for it, my impression is he would have gone that way but the votes weren't there.   What I recall was that the Heritage Foundation/ Romney Care model was chosen because of the CHANCE to get it passed and fixed later. Then the 'One Term President" Congress obstructed fixes that could have made it work better.

Until there's a majority agreement that healthcare is a failed market and normal market based solutions aren't working (which has been discussed going back to the 60's), this will be continually rehashed.

18 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I'm with you, other than acquiescing to the adolescent who occupies the WH. 

I am not of the opinion they need to provide him an opportunity to save face when he has flat out refused to compromise.

Did he not retain enough influence to turn this into a huge mess that will have an even bigger ripple effect, combined with the propensity to simply not care as long as he "gets the deal"? - I'd be with ya.  Those in opposition don't have the means to win this in a normal fight, which IMHO warrants a change in approach. 

45 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

EVERYTHING that is touted as an ACA success could have been achieved faster, simpler with less cost and much less disruption to those who didn't benefit by simply expanding Medicaid eligibility

And Hillary tried that in Bill's first year in office.  She got killed.  Insurance companies, hospitals, big med and doctors.  What we got is a work in progress.  Until people decide they won't support this bloated system with mediocre results it won't change.

"Those in opposition don't have the means to win this in a normal fight,..."

What's winning? They have the means to keep what they believe is a boondoggle from occurring, bring more attention to the duplicitous nature of this president with the hopes that he will act in a rational manner and apply pressure to the opposition Senate in order to pass moderate bills with veto proof margins.  The fallacy is to believe that there are adults in Trump's office that can make a reasonable deal that he will sign. The other option is appeasement.

18 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Did he not retain enough influence to turn this into a huge mess that will have an even bigger ripple effect, combined with the propensity to simply not care as long as he "gets the deal"? - I'd be with ya.  Those in opposition don't have the means to win this in a normal fight, which IMHO warrants a change in approach. 

This is like enabling an alcoholic to keep drinking.

Michael Fisher, former head of Border Patrol until 2015, told The Globe and Mail in 2017 there were fewer than 100 miles (160 km) of the U.S.-Mexico open border where it made sense to build additional fencing.

Last year former senator Claire McCaskill, who was the ranking Democrat on the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, released a report analyzing internal Customs and Border Patrol. Of the more than 900 requests from front-line agents in 2017, only 5 per cent mentioned a fence or a wall. Most requests were for new road construction, more manpower or additional technology.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/world/article-trump-says-theres-a-crisis-at-the-us-mexico-border-and-his-wall/

3 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

For the record, I am not part of your WE.   

This would be humorous if it weren't so genuinely harmful. 

'Some people' are saying that we have a huge immigration / terrorist problem, and the only fix is to build a physical barrier across the whole southern border, because 'Security' 

But not the people on the border https://www.star-telegram.com/news/state/texas/article152402734.html    and  https://www.npr.org/2019/01/04/682157001/we-dont-need-a-physical-wall-loredo-mayor-pete-saenz-says

And not the general public... https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cbs-news-poll-americans-dont-support-building-the-wall/

Nor the The border agents ... https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/22/us/politics/border-patrol-wall-immigration-trump-senate-democrats.html

Nor the prior occupants of the WH... https://www.cbsnews.com/news/every-living-president-has-refuted-trumps-claim-about-supporting-the-wall/

They don't address people arriving by air or sea or car.  They don't address the people who enter legally and forget to leave.  They distort statistics. They lie.

And the tantrum that is the government shutdown is making the country LESS secure, because TSA, ATC, and other agencies are either closed or working without pay. 

Pretty hard to conclude that this fight is about making the country more secure. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

For the record, I am not part of your WE.   

For the record, you are, and if you don't realize that, well, I can offer several suggestions as to why if you're interested in hearing them. 

We should liveblog his speech here tonight. Is there a time limit the networks have given? It would be hilarious to see them cut to a commercial break...

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

It's the same method the Orange Jellyroll uses to calculate his net worth.  Orders of magnitude are just another way to use a zero.

7 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

No, I'm not twisting or going off on a tangent. You're trying to make the Democracts "more responsible" for something that no-one thought was a good idea.

I'm not saying Trump is going to fix this. We know he doesn't even want to. He wants $5billion for his wall. Period. He's willing to declare a national emergency in order to get what he wants, the way he wants it, at the price he wants it. No-one is mistaking that dunderhead for "the solution".

What I am saying is that there is no reasonable compromise he is going to accept and that it is not, as you suggested, more the Democrats fault for failing to give in to him. Republicans didn't give in to him because his request was fucking ridiculous. They had two years to do so and refused to. For good reason. As is your wont, you said something reasonable but had to frame it as "Democrats still a bit worse than Republicans". In this regard, they are doing the same fucking thing, so no - not worse. No matter how bent out of shape that makes you feel. 

More importantly, there is no way of making Trump think he got what he wanted without giving him the money and the promise of getting his physical wall (that you agree is a fucking waste of money, resources, and opportunity to fix the problems you see with immigration). Trump might be an egotistical fucktard with the attention-span of a monkey on crack, but he's not a complete retard. There is a reason no-one, including Donald, is buying what Hurd is selling. That's because every hick, every red-neck, everyone from coastal elite to fly-over country farmer knows what "wall" means and that isn't "more agents, more operational support, and drones". He promised a wall from sea-to-shining-sea and if he doesn't deliver that physical embodiment of wasted taxpayer dollars, his supporters and (critically) the talking heads he wants to keep happy are going to rip him a new one.

That's the problem here. Trump isn't trying to look for a compromise way out. He's looking to satisfy the right-wing shock-jocks and make them happy with him again. He was backing down up from the ludicrous until Ms Coulter ripped into him. At which point he puckered up and started shutting shit down in a temper tantrum. The solution to Trump's reticence wont' be found in Congress. He doesn't give a shit about them. He doesn't give a shit about being re-elected (I honestly don't think he wanted to win in the first place). Trump is trying to please the talking heads, because they wound his ego with their rants about his weakness, and until THEY back down on their demands - he's not going to.

19 and they didn’t cross the southern border or the literally undefended northern border.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

I would like to offer two comments if I may.

First off the notion of a wall, fence, barrier along the whole border? Don't be daft. 

Secondly, 6 or 4,000. Remind me again how many terrorists did it take to drop the WTC?

Firstly, congratulations for agreeing that tRump is daft. Many people are saying it.

Second, 19, mostly Saudi citizens, who flew into the country on visas and then overstayed.  Totally irrelevant to the discussion of a wall, except to demonstrate how, in fact, irrelevant a wall is to border security.  

I would like to offer a comment if I may,

Domestic terrorism over the last 18 years since 9/11 has been a far greater threat to the country's safety and stability than anything foreign bred or born.  

2 hours ago, BillDBastard said:

Secondly, 6 or 4,000. Remind me again how many terrorists did it take to drop the WTC?

Why lie?

Other than the fact that President Yrump and his elk seem constitutionally incapable of being honest. 

When we are willing to throw huge amounts of money at bogus problems it's not hard to see why this country is in debt, and it's cool since somehow it's always the Democrats fault.

Fuck the Wall.

2 hours ago, BillDBastard said:

First off the notion of a wall, fence, barrier along the whole border? Don't be daft. 

IT WAS 6 PEOPLE ON THE WATCHLIST DUMBASS. THE NUMBER OF TERRORISTS IS ZERO. YOU KNOW, ZERO, LIKE YOUR SAT SCORE.

Trump at his most ridiculous. The USA suffers under a government shutdown forced by this clown's ego and his desperation to prove to his moronic "base" that he will keep his promise. Although, his ranting about getting Mexico to pay for it has gone mysteriously silent...……..

Even Republican gynecologists are starting to agree that clinically, Trump is a cunt.

how did we get from “Mexico will pay for the wall” to “ We will refuse to pay US government employees until the US public pays for the wall

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, toad said:

how did we get from “Mexico will pay for the wall” to “ We will refuse to pay US government employees until the US public pays for the wall

15 hours ago, BillDBastard said:

Image result for grasping at straws

Shitstain is threatening again to declare a National Emergency over the border wall. But we can agree that at least Shitstain isn't arrogant. Anyways, this is a Chekov's Gun thing at this point. Yes, it's stupid but he's promised this stupid thing to his stupid people who will be quite upset if they don't get their daily dose of stupidity.

A National Emergency is basically dictatorial powers

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2019-01-08/what-is-a-national-emergency-and-when-can-a-president-legally-declare-one

Tom and our other Fakebertarians will be along shortly to beam about how resolute Shitstain is in addressing a clear and present danger. Jeff will remind us that at least we don't have Hillary who the Democrats shouldn't have nominated before running off to a gun thread. Guy will be concerned but cautiously optimistic.

Shep Smith on Fox -

“statistics show there is less violent crime by the undocumented immigrant population than by the general population.”

That guy could get a job on any network. 

22 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Shitstain is threatening again to declare a National Emergency over the border wall. But we can agree that at least Shitstain isn't arrogant. Anyways, this is a Chekov's Gun thing at this point. Yes, it's stupid but he's promised this stupid thing to his stupid people who will be quite upset if they don't get their daily dose of stupidity.

A National Emergency is basically dictatorial powers

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2019-01-08/what-is-a-national-emergency-and-when-can-a-president-legally-declare-one

Tom and our other Fakebertarians will be along shortly to beam about how resolute Shitstain is in addressing a clear and present danger. Jeff will remind us that at least we don't have Hillary who the Democrats shouldn't have nominated before running off to a gun thread. Guy will be concerned but cautiously optimistic.

I'll be concerned when/if it looks like it will happen.  Guess what, O?  It's still not going to put Mme Clinton in the White House for you.  

3 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I'll be concerned when/if it looks like it will happen.  Guess what, O?  It's still not going to put Mme Clinton in the White House for you.  

At this point, it's becoming ABT...Anyone But Trump.

8 minutes ago, Sean said:

Shep Smith on Fox -

“statistics show there is less violent crime by the undocumented immigrant population than by the general population.”

That guy could get a job on any network. 

So what.... would we be subjected to more or less illegal trespasser crime if the border was more secure?

2 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

At this point, it's becoming ABT...Anyone But Trump.

It's an axiom with me that things can always get worse. I'd go with almost anyone but Trump.

5 minutes ago, Dog said:

So what.... would we be subjected to more or less illegal trespasser crime if the border was more secure?

Oh look, a doggy style. how rare. 

13 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

and then, like Republicans in Congress, nothing will happen to rein in Trump.