Spatial Ed

The Wall

Just now, Raz'r said:

I looked at that and it brought back a memory of a summer working to secure the garbage dumps in a county in Northern Minnesota. We did the same damn thing. Steel pipe dug down 5 feet, 1 rebar in the middle, hand poured in sacrete.  Cost was about $200 each. About 5 ft tall. strung a chain between them. 

Damn, I shoulda bid on Trump's border wall, I'm a pro at this shit!

I'm gonna buy some SawZall stock. 

Or maybe get a concession leasing Milwaukee angle grinders and Honda Generators for Sonara and Chihuahua.  

Just now, Dog said:

You can't, but who would use unprotected steel in such an application? Although it is a very non-corrosive environment down there so maybe.

Wait, you think the US Gov't is all effective all-of-a-sudden?

Oh, that's right, debt is bad. Sometimes. This is just "gov't is idiotic, sometimes"

Just now, Dog said:

You can't, but who would use unprotected steel in such an application? 

shitty low budget contractors looking to get in on the perfect grift facing the worst negotiator in the world? It's not like they are paying architects to design this piece of shit.

2 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

shitty low budget contractors looking to get in on the perfect grift facing the worst negotiator in the world? It's not like they are paying architects to design this piece of shit.

Contractors don't get to decide what material to use.

34 minutes ago, Kirwan said:

I had to look up corten steel (tm US Steel)

From Wiki:

"Weathering steel is not rustproof in itself. If water is allowed to accumulate in pockets, those areas will experience higher corrosion rates, so provision for drainage must be made. Weathering steel is sensitive to humid subtropical climates, and in such environments, it is possible that the protective patina may not stabilize but instead continue to corrode. For example, the former Omni Coliseum, built in 1972 in Atlanta, never stopped rusting, and eventually large holes appeared in the structure. This was a major factor in the decision to demolish it just 25 years after construction. The same thing can happen in environments laden with sea salt. Hawaii's Aloha Stadium, built in 1975, is one example of this.[17] Weathering steel's normal surface weathering can also lead to rust stains on nearby surfaces."

Doesn't sound like the right material for next to a river, near the ocean, or anyplace humid.  Does it get humid in Texas? 

The bit I read also had this:

" Weathering steel, often referred to by the genericized trademark COR-TEN steel and sometimes written without the hyphen as corten steel, is a group of steel alloys which were developed to eliminate the need for painting, and form a stable rust-like appearance after several years exposure to weather."

Bolding mine.

So have they stored this stuff outside for years to get the patina going?

2 hours ago, Dog said:
2 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

That big beautiful little bit of the wall..looks like a rusty POS..and it's only been there a day or two.

Image:

Typical Trump product..POS 

Image: US-POLITICS-WALL-MIGRANTS-immigration-illegal-immigrants

It's called corten or weathering steel. It's formulated to rust like that. The rust forms a protective barrier over the steel.

When it oxidizes, it turns orange.  No wonder President Trump likes it.

President Trump's Boarder Wall

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ishmael said:

The bit I read also had this:

" Weathering steel, often referred to by the genericized trademark COR-TEN steel and sometimes written without the hyphen as corten steel, is a group of steel alloys which were developed to eliminate the need for painting, and form a stable rust-like appearance after several years exposure to weather."

Bolding mine.

So have they stored this stuff outside for years to get the patina going?

Probably left lying around a building materials yard after being rejected for another project.

Simple question.  There are uniform building code (UBC, SBC or IBC depending where you are) standards for fence railing spacing.  Established so little kids don't get their heads stuck between the rails or palings.  It appears that these fence segments do not meet those standards - typically 4" spacing. 

So, are we going to be treated to pictures of stuck, squirming kids?  Or will ICE just pull them through and arrest them?

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still. And how stands the city on this winter night? More prosperous, more secure, and happier than it was 8 years ago. But more than that: After 200 years, two centuries, she still stands strong and true on the granite ridge, and her glow has held steady no matter what storm. And she's still a beacon, still a magnet for all who must have freedom, for all the pilgrims from all the lost places who are hurtling through the darkness, toward home." - from Ronald Reagan's farewell speech (by the very poetic Peggy Noonan) 30 years ago today

I guarantee you as a 20 year-old I could have climbed up and over that fence in less than 10 seconds.  Probably as a 40 year-old.

Big boat bowmen can do that wall any time they want.  For fun, for beers or to pop a halyard.  That isn't a barrier, that's a wind break.

44 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Probably left lying around a building materials yard after being rejected for another project.

Simple question.  There are uniform building code (UBC, SBC or IBC depending where you are) standards for fence railing spacing.  Established so little kids don't get their heads stuck between the rails or palings.  It appears that these fence segments do not meet those standards - typically 4" spacing. 

So, are we going to be treated to pictures of stuck, squirming kids?  Or will ICE just pull them through and arrest them?

They will just take the bits that make it through the wall.

They do kind of resemble giant shish-ka-bob skewers.......

Kid on a stick anyone?

3 hours ago, Dog said:

Contractors don't get to decide what material to use.

Depends on the contract.... But then as an “architect” you would know that.

2 hours ago, Left Shift said:

.....Simple question.  There are uniform building code (UBC, SBC or IBC depending where you are) standards for fence railing spacing.  Established so little kids don't get their heads stuck between the rails or palings.  It appears that these fence segments do not meet those standards - typically 4" spacing. 

Kids are only one issue... how small do the holes have to be to prevent drugs, explosives and weapons being passed through?

How high does a wall have to be to prevent giant catapults and trebuchets doing the same thing?

Suddenly Rocketman or kid has a whole new meaning........

2 hours ago, Sidecar said:

Kids are only one issue... how small do the holes have to be to prevent drugs, explosives and weapons being passed through?

How high does a wall have to be to prevent giant catapults and trebuchets doing the same thing?

Suddenly Rocketman or kid has a whole new meaning........

Or...as the border agent told the president: "This is a picture of a tunnel, one of two we found within 2 miles of here".  

4 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Or...as the border agent told the president: "This is a picture of a tunnel, one of two we found within 2 miles of here".  

Palestinian tunnellers will be the go!... Plenty of experience with BIG solid concrete walls and hiding from heavy Israeli military  surveillance. This cheap, designer look perforated steel shrapnel shit will be a piece of piss for organised traffickers..... tunnel turnpikes!

The wall is an excuse for a stand off which is an excuse for emergency powers, which will last as long as it takes to build the wall, which suddenly could take forever.......

Hey Trump and I actually agree that elections have consequences!  But for Trump there has only ever been one election in the history of the world, the greatest election!

Drones are rapidly being developed which can transport several individuals at a time short and medium distances. 

I can see an enterprising coyote making a killing with his private fleet: Air Tijuana will be up & making deliveries within days of a big, beautiful wall being built. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

Drones are rapidly being developed which can transport several individuals at a time short and medium distances. 

I can see an enterprising coyote making a killing with his private fleet: Air Tijuana will be up & making deliveries within days of a big, beautiful wall being built. 

Totally agree, but they are SO 21st century.....

18 hours ago, Sidecar said:

......How high does a wall have to be to prevent giant catapults and trebuchets doing the same thing?....

But Roman/Medieval systems have been proved to work so well! It’s a no brainer.... especially for people with no brains.

1 minute ago, Sidecar said:

Totally agree, but they are SO 21st century.....

But Medieval systems have been proven to work so well! It’s a no brainer.... especially for people with no brains.

Catapult the unwashed over the wall?

Just ask the North Koreans to come and put in a proper DMZ in place.  

3 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Catapult the unwashed over the wall?

Visions of Roadrunner and Coyote cartoons spring to mind......

8 minutes ago, mad said:

Just ask the North Koreans to come and put in a proper DMZ in place.  

Great idea.... Every one knows that two walls are better than one?

And put in a moat while you are at it?

1 hour ago, Sidecar said:

Visions of Roadrunner and Coyote cartoons spring to mind......

And Monty Python

“because we live in an age where terrorists are challenging our borders, we simply cannot allow people to pour into the United States undetected, undocumented, and unchecked.”

12 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

“because we live in an age where terrorists are challenging our borders, we simply cannot allow people to pour into the United States undetected, undocumented, and unchecked.”

Time for a dome.

On 1/8/2019 at 9:45 AM, BillDBastard said:

That would be funny if not for it being so sad.

SSA and DHS joint operation and they still manage to fook it up.

On 1/8/2019 at 10:38 AM, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

And you want to trust them with healthcare, and coming up w/a solution to the immigration mess?  

Note who DID catch it. 

Lemme bold it for you:

On 1/8/2019 at 8:41 AM, frenchie said:

I recently discovered that my wife'd been making a dumb mistake  -  entering her green card number, where she should have been entering her ITIN  -  for the last 12 years.

12 years working under the wrong number, filing taxes under the wrong number... half a dozen different employers...  IRS never caught it.  SS didn't catch it.  State dept didn't catch it, when she got her permanent residency... We only realized, when NY State's health insurance exchange wouldn't register her with that number. 

And you want them to handle e-verify? 

6 hours ago, Saorsa said:

Which terrorists are those?  The ones waving nazi flags? Bombing abortion clinics? Shooting black churchgoers? You mean those terrorists? 

They were born inside our borders.  

Have you ever noticed how the Trumptards on this forum repeat verbatim the right wing theory and rhetoric  without even thinking what they are writing and then have the temerity to be upset when thinking people call them out or even ask logical questions?

About time you all donned your tin hats because no amount of BS is gonna stop the tidal wave of shit that’s gonna hit the Orange one shortly.

Hopefully  you have your alternate story “me never supported the treasonist prick” ready shortly.

11 hours ago, Sidecar said:

Great idea.... Every one knows that two walls are better than one?

And put in a moat while you are at it?

Now you’re getting it, miles and miles of razor wire as well and a shoot to kill policy. It’s the only way Trump can show he means business. 

11 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Time for a dome.

Yep, and if Obama had proposed it Nancy would have voted for it.

Obama was the source of the quote, BTW.

11 hours ago, frenchie said:

Note who DID catch it. 

Lemme bold it for you:

Sounds like a solid argument for state powers above federal powers.

15 hours ago, Saorsa said:

Yeah, from 2005. We have spend a shitload of $$ since then not that you know or care. Oh, was money well spent as the studies show. Spending billions more? Studies are done by contractors whose goal is to spend shitloads of money making money. YCMTSU  Seems to be the Republican way.   And just in case this has not been mentioned lately - the Wall was a soundbite to tie in with the racist rants and was something simple enough that Trump could remember well enough to repeat it at every rally.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Saorsa said:

Terrorists come in through the airports, dumb ass 

12 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

Terrorists come in through the airports, dumb ass 

Yes, and across the unmanned Canadian border, more so than the southern border.

32 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Yeah, from 2005. We have spend a shitload of $$ since then not that you know or care. Oh, was money well spent as the studies show. Spending billions more? Studies are done by contractors whose goal is to spend shitloads of money making money. YCMTSU  Seems to be the Republican way.   And just in case this has not been mentioned lately - the Wall was a soundbite to tie in with the racist rants and was something simple enough that Trump could remember well enough to repeat it at every rally.

Democrats were for a wall before they were against it.

1 minute ago, Dog said:

Bullshit - if you guys keep posting this I will keep pointing out you are getting feed 12 year old dog food.  How do you think that 700 miles of fencing/walls and other stuff got there?

3 hours ago, d'ranger said:

Bullshit - if you guys keep posting this I will keep pointing out you are getting feed 12 year old dog food.  How do you think that 700 miles of fencing/walls and other stuff got there?

Democrats thought border walls were moral before they thought they were immoral.

Why is no one talking about the much needed wall on our northern border.  5200 miles and only 2000 agents.  Terrorists and no gooders (slappy Jack) streaming across. 

SAD!

13 minutes ago, Dog said:

Democrats thought border walls were moral before they thought they were immoral.

dogshit. Again, lots of money was appropriated in 2006 and the border security was upgraded.  Now, do you have anything that exists in reality? Because the Republicans didn't want the wall, they had 2 years to do it and didn't. The Cato Institute (RW think tank) knows it is a bad idea.

This is getting embarrassing.

2 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

dogshit. Again, lots of money was appropriated in 2006 and the border security was upgraded.  Now, do you have anything that exists in reality? Because the Republicans didn't want the wall, they had 2 years to do it and didn't. The Cato Institute (RW think tank) knows it is a bad idea.

This is getting embarrassing.

So, Republicans are pathetic and Democrats flip flop and play politics with the issue so now the government is shut down over 1/1000 of the budget..

4 minutes ago, Dog said:

So, Republicans are pathetic and Democrats flip flop and play politics with the issue so now the government is shut down over 1/1000 of the budget..

A billion here, a billion there, and pretty soon you're talking about real money.

Why is no one talking about the much needed wall on our northern border.  5200 miles and only 2000 agents.  Terrorists and no gooders (slappy Jack) streaming across. 

SAD!

my recommendation for compromise is to authorize building a wall on the Canadian border.

• Downvote 1

FFS, not only are they criminals and rapists..now they're pedophiles too.

Thousands of illegal aliens who have committed sexual crimes against children are right now in Texas prisons. Most came through our Southern Border. We can end this easily - We need a Steel Barrier or Wall. Walls Work! John Jones, Texas Department of Public Safety.

1 hour ago, Cal20sailor said:

A billion here, a billion there, and pretty soon you're talking about real money.

As if that's the end of it.  1.6 billion, then a demand for 5, then 5.7, for appeasement.  

2 hours ago, Dog said:

Your choice pup.... Eat it, or go hungry.

5 hours ago, Dog said:

Nope. They supported limited fencing. The funding for which is still on the table. It's Donald demanding an increase of funds from the Democrats; an increase he couldn't get with two years of Republican majority in both house & senate. 

The fact is, that the house has a budget, which they have forwarded to the senate, which Bitch McConnell will not bring up for a vote because he knows Trump will veto it, and when it comes back, the veto will be over ridden..... And Bitch won't stand for that. He doesn't want the will of the people, or their elected representatives to be heard.

This is really more on McConnell than anyone else.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

The fact is, that the house has a budget, which they have forwarded to the senate, which Bitch McConnell will not bring up for a vote because he knows Trump will veto it, and when it comes back, the veto will be over ridden..... And Bitch won't stand for that. He doesn't want the will of the people, or their elected representatives to be heard.

This is really more on McConnell than anyone else.

Yeah the House and Senate are supposed to be independent of the Presidency.  Mitch doesn't just get to say "I'm not going to put it up for a vote if Trump will veto it" and bear no responsibility.  Of course that's exactly how he's trying to play it, as long as he can get away with it.

• Like 1

I'm dismayed by knowing that Mitch thinks he knows what's best for the party/country.

5 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

I'm dismayed by knowing that Mitch thinks he knows what's best for the party tribe/country.

FIFY

1 hour ago, Blue Crab said:

I'm dismayed by knowing that Mitch thinks he knows what's best for the party/country.

I'm dismayed by the fact that we have a Russian puppet in the White House!!

1 hour ago, Blue Crab said:

He probably does know but that doesn’t mean he’ll do it. Mitch is looking out for Mitch. The country comes in a very distant third. 

15 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

He probably does know but that doesn’t mean he’ll do it. Mitch is looking out for Mitch. The country comes in a very distant third. 

Why? He old enough and at the fuck you stage in life wrt time, money & power. There's not much growth opportunity and anyway he's going to die soon so why play games that hurt his country, he has got to believe that what he is doing is the right thing otherwise he's just an evil old bastard...

"he's just an evil old bastard..."

I think you hit in on the head, an evil old bastard that just loves playing at the top of the dungheap.  Didn't Kevin Spacey say one time the McConnell was the inspiration for House of Cards?

' he's just an evil old bastard...

1 hour ago, VhmSays said:

Why? He old enough and at the fuck you stage in life wrt time, money & power. There's not much growth opportunity and anyway he's going to die soon so why play games that hurt his country, he has got to believe that what he is doing is the right thing otherwise he's just an evil old bastard...

Could be that he's just a whore who will do anything for (enough) money.  His salary as SML is not the kind of money that gets his attention.  

https://www.opensecrets.org/personal-finances/net-worth?cid=N00003389

23 hours ago, Dog said:

Democrats were and are for effective border security. Asshole

1 minute ago, Raz'r said:

Democrats were and are for effective border security. Asshole

Not if it requires agreeing with Trump.

1 minute ago, Dog said:

bullshit. Just 4 weeks ago they agreed. It was Trump who reneged after Coulter cut his balls off.

2 minutes ago, Raz'r said:
3 minutes ago, Dog said:

bullshit. Just 4 weeks ago they agreed. It was Trump who reneged after Coulter cut his balls off.

The President is just abiding by Stephen Miller’s pronouncement about how his powers shall not be questioned. 

Ann knows how to get President Trump to do her bidding. Question his manhood and/or his fitness to lead. 

10 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

That was just in the real world, when they took a vote to determine their positions.  It doesn't mean that was their position once a bullshitter starts bullshitting.  

7 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

The President is just abiding by Stephen Miller’s pronouncement about how his powers shall not be questioned. 

Ann knows how to get President Trump to do her bidding. Question his manhood and/or his fitness to lead. 

Her balls are bigger than his

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Her balls are bigger than his

true that.

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail

American voters support 63 - 30 percent a Democratic proposal to reopen parts of the government that do not involve border security while negotiating funding for the Wall, according to a Quinnipiac University National Poll released today. Every party, gender, education, age and racial group supports this idea except Republicans, who are opposed 52 - 39 percent. 

Voters oppose 63 - 32 percent shutting down the government to force funding for the Wall, the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University National Poll finds. Again, Republicans are the only listed group supporting the shutdown, 67 - 24 percent. 

1 hour ago, Sean said:

Again, Republicans are the only listed group supporting the shutdown, 67 - 24 percent. 

Well of course - it's their boy doing it and he told them it's critical so.......

4 hours ago, Raz'r said:
4 hours ago, Dog said:

1 hour ago, Sean said:

American voters support 63 - 30 percent a Democratic proposal to reopen parts of the government that do not involve border security while negotiating funding for the Wall, according to a Quinnipiac University National Poll released today. Every party, gender, education, age and racial group supports this idea except Republicans, who are opposed 52 - 39 percent. 

Voters oppose 63 - 32 percent shutting down the government to force funding for the Wall, the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University National Poll finds. Again, Republicans are the only listed group supporting the shutdown, 67 - 24 percent. 

This is where the Faithful tell us polls don’t matter. 

5 hours ago, Dog said:

It's a good thing that you don't need to agree with Trump to be for effective border security then. 

Trump declares there is 'no substitute' for a wall, shutdown drags on

Yup, it's all the Democrats fault because Trump refuses to budge from a wall he didn't get from his own party. :rolleyes: 

At least the polls are proving the adage about fooling some of the people all of the time but not all of the people all of the time. Outside the rusted on base of Happy Jacks and loyal lap Dogs - Trump's lost the support of the people on this front. Like the Jacks & Dogs, that won't mean he'll back down, only that it's going to get even stupider moving forward.

To be fair Trump is at his policy limit with "wall", he successfully managed "tax" which is challenging like "kat" and "hat" or even "sex" but not impossible. However Putin really really struggled to teach him "wall"  being 4 letters or (technically 3 letters), it was quite an ask but "wall" is like "war" which is the sound he makes when Vlad bothers with a reach around. Donny loves that sound (and the feeling of russan jizz rolling down his butt cheeks). God bless America

4 hours ago, Bus Driver said:
5 hours ago, Sean said:

This is where the Faithful tell us polls don’t matter. 

I thought the general support/approval among Republicans for all things Trumpish was >80% so that means he's lost a lot of them over this issue.

-DSK

They were against it before they were for it.

Why the change of heart?

As recently as January 4, this is the stance of the union representing Border Patrol agents -

Below is the whole section on “border fences and walls,” as preserved on the Internet Archive before it was scrubbed sometime after the union president, Brandon Judd, visited the White House. The union is known as the NBPC, or the National Border Patrol Council. NBPS stands for National Border Patrol Strategy; the union argues that the overarching strategy needs to change. The archived website says:

The NBPC disagrees with wasting taxpayer money on building fences and walls along the border as a means of curtailing illegal entries into the United States. However, as long as we continue to operate under the current NBPS and ignore the problem that is causing illegal immigration, we realize fences and walls are essential.

• Walls and fences are temporary solutions that focus on the symptom (illegal immigration) rather than the problem (employers who knowingly hire illegal aliens).

• Walls and fences are only a speed bump. People who want to come to the United States to obtain employment will continue to go over, under, and around the walls and fences that are constructed.

• Walls and fences will undoubtedly result in an increase in fraudulent documents and smuggling through the Ports of Entry.

• Walls and fences do not solve the issue of people entering the country legally and staying beyond the date they are required to leave the country, a problem which will undoubtedly increase as more walls and fences are constructed.

• The NBPC position regarding walls and fences is not due to a concern of losing our jobs if fences and walls are built. On the contrary, the NBPC realizes that walls and fences require just as much manpower to protect them. Border Patrol Agents witness what happens to walls and fences when there are not enough Border Patrol agents to protect them.

9 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Shutdown will cost twice as much as estimated earlier. Quiet days on the Fiscal Responsibility Express. I wish those Mexican folks would hurry up and pay for the wall. 

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/425366-trump-admin-estimates-shutdown-will-cost-twice-as-much-as-it-originally

JPM CEO said today GDP could ne negative for Q1....

So some R's in Montana and West Virginia are pushing for Trumps wall.

Alex, I'll take "two states that think Taco Bell is Mexican food" for $600

edit: Is anyone else seeing ads for Trumps wall? Every Youtube has one as well as several other sites.  So much for Google analytics working.

Build a wall and make Virginians (and Montanians) pay for it.. :) 

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/01/15/politics/gop-state-lawmakers-trump-border-wall/index.html

A Republican Montana state senator and Republican delegates from West Virginia plan to introduce measures to allocate state funds to help build President Donald Trump's proposed wall along the southern US border.

Republican Montana state Sen. Scott Sales confirmed to CNN on Tuesday that he will propose a bill that would allocate $8 million in state funds to help build Trump's border wall.

It's so much BS.

Now, ATC is facing shutdown. SNAP is about ready to run out of money. Tax return? Good luck. Folks that actually protect our country? They're running out of money too.

All for a stupid wall that will have no effect. A wall...Seriously, we have technology that can be deployed (motion sensors anyone?) and hire some additional border patrol people more cheaply and it would actually be effective.

This is just so stupid. I'm not even convinced there's a problem as it is. I have had property in Tubac, AZ for 26 years. Guess how many issues there have been? Sure, some garbage gets left behind (which is no different than seeing bear scat in the woods) and there are checks on the highway to Tucson which take 2 minutes of my time. Whatever.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, austin1972 said:

It's so much BS.

Now, ATC is facing shutdown. SNAP is about ready to run out of money. Tax return? Good luck. Folks that actually protect our country? They're running out of money too.

All for a stupid wall that will have no effect. A wall...Seriously, we have technology that can be deployed (motion sensors anyone?) and hire some additional border patrol people more cheaply and it would actually be effective.

This is just so stupid. I'm not even convinced there's a problem as it is. I have had property in Tubac, AZ for 26 years. Guess how many issues there have been? Sure, some garbage gets left behind (which is no different than seeing bear scat in the woods) and there are checks on the highway to Tucson which take 2 minutes of my time. Whatever.

But theres 800 miles of successful walls been built in Europe..Successful walls!!!

Um..what does an unsuccessful wall look like?:ask:

Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump
FollowFollow @realDonaldTrump
More

There are now 77 major or significant Walls built around the world, with 45 countries planning or building Walls. Over 800 miles of Walls have been built in Europe since only 2015. They have all been recognized as close to 100% successful.

9 minutes ago, austin1972 said:

It's so much BS.

Who leaves garbage on your land?

Illegals. I've hiked that area a lot and figure if they want in that bad, have at it. It's tough terrain as they come through Ruby and head for the tracks on the other side of the golf course to follow it north. They don't hurt anybody, even though that's the narrative.

There's a witch that lives close by and she has all sorts of warnings/hexes up. They heed it. Kinda cool.

34 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Build a wall and make Virginians (and Montanians) pay for it.. :) 

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/01/15/politics/gop-state-lawmakers-trump-border-wall/index.html

A Republican Montana state senator and Republican delegates from West Virginia plan to introduce measures to allocate state funds to help build President Donald Trump's proposed wall along the southern US border.

Republican Montana state Sen. Scott Sales confirmed to CNN on Tuesday that he will propose a bill that would allocate $8 million in state funds to help build Trump's border wall.

Montana has miles of virtually undefended border. And wall building jobs to hand out.

Not sure why West Virginia might need a wall. Neighboring states demanding it maybe?

1 minute ago, dogballs Tom said:

Montana has miles of virtually undefended border. And wall building jobs to hand out.

Not sure why West Virginia might need a wall. Neighboring states demanding it maybe?

Montana has beautiful fencing for their cattle grazing lands. When I drove through, I was floored at how nice the fencing was. The cost would be crazy and how could the ranchers afford them? Turns out, the BLM supplies them.

42 minutes ago, austin1972 said:

It's so much BS.

You must be magic..They've just ordered 36,000 furloughed tax employees to return to work..unpaid.

This is how riots start.

One of the notable recent elements of this partial government shutdown -- the longest in history -- is that the Trump administration keeps designating more and more of the federal government essential, or excepted from the furlough, ordering many thousands of workers back to the office to process tax returns, perform safety inspections and more -- all without pay.

The practical effect is that more government workers will be doing their jobs without their paychecks, but it will also work to mute the impact of the shutdown in the everyday lives of Americans who aren't directly touched by the shutdown.

The largest and most incredible of the switches from furloughed to essential is that the Internal Revenue Service will officially be recalling tens of thousands of workers -- 36,000 of them -- to process tax filings and refunds. The move runs afoul of previous guidance but will be welcome news to Americans who rely on refunds. Less so for the IRS workers forced to work without pay if the shutdown carries forward. That means well more than half the IRS workforce -- 57% -- will be working despite the shutdown.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/01/16/politics/trump-workers-essential-furlough/index.html