• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
wristwister

You people REALLY need to take better care of your bow men

I could go with one chair, but that much furniture is going to invite other crew members to "help".

I't called "collaborative work environment". All the rage now. Only problem is bowpersons (let's be PC about this) are usually the least collaborative people on the boat (and damned proud of it).

I could go with one chair, but that much furniture is going to invite other crew members to "help".

I't called "collaborative work environment". All the rage now. Only problem is bowpersons (let's be PC about this) are usually the least collaborative people on the boat (and damned proud of it).

Take your pc collaborative work environment and fuck off back to the back of the boat. Your one job was to blow the guy, I hope you have fun explaining to the ER doc why you have ramwel imprinted on your colon. Is that what you meant? :)

if it keeps them from taking a walkabout to the rear of the boat,maybe it's a good idea ;-)

Put a massive flush deck on a cheap-ass sailboat, patio furniture gonna happen. Folding umbrellas unlikely to impact the aesthetics or sailing ability of this:

picbayliner325aa.jpg

Take your pc collaborative work environment and fuck off back to the back of the boat. Your one job was to blow the guy, I hope you have fun explaining to the ER doc why you have ramwel imprinted on your colon. Is that what you meant? :)

Ya and how the pole broke your nose, before you went flying into the drink and just before the mast braking, season ending, Chinese Jibe...

Yeah, that about covers it. :D

Suddenly everybody wants to "work" the foredeck.....

Good bowmen/women are like gold,

The rest of us are just posers.

(Thanks Josh Featherstone)

13260904_1551827391789030_390220707_n.jp

I originally saw this post on the Ericson Yacht Owners web page. It got a lot of good comments there also.

Looks like the fore deck crew should have a sign posted..."THIS IS A NON-STRESS FORE DECK ZONE" all violators will be told to take a time out. The area does however, seems desperately void of drink holders. Seating for SIX and no provisions for beverage storage units!!! What were they thinking?

Make them comfortable. Give them a place to relax between headsail changes. They'll appreciate it

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/boa/5944401625.html

00N0N_fWcvXUGzGFy_600x450.jpg

probably put that there to keep the dumb fuckers from falling off... and I like the third one in front of the mast to keep the fuckers out of the back of the boat..