Sign in to follow this  
Hypercapnic Tom

Florida Gun Ban Proposed

On 9/6/2018 at 2:11 PM, bpm57 said:
On 9/6/2018 at 1:58 AM, jocal505 said:

Winkler counts 200 court cases and said that absolute interpretations of "infringe: will not fly, but that gun restrictions will.

I must of missed all of his strict scrutiny examples.

Hi bpm. Adam Winkler is considered a national expert on court scrutiny. Others quote him.

On 9/6/2018 at 2:11 PM, bpm57 said:
On 9/5/2018 at 12:51 AM, jocal505 said:

That article is the consttutional death knoll for the saf.

Of course it is, Joe. Everyone _knows_ 11 page surveys of recent court decisions are the be-all-end-all of constitutional legal writing.

You are discussing The Standardless Second Amendment, which is a paper or work or treatise thingee  provided to us by Tom Ray. It is a wonderful read. It covers scrutiny comprehensively and intelligently, with a conclusion that gun restrictions can pass strict scrutiny. 

On 10/11/2018 at 4:18 AM, dogballs Tom said:

So it may not have been a "mass shooting" after all.

Tom is a vulture, menacing journalists who are generating fake news about gun violence.

17 hours ago, jocal505 said:

Hi bpm. Adam Winkler is considered a national expert on court scrutiny. Others quote him.

You are discussing The Standardless Second Amendment, which is a paper or work or treatise thingee  provided to us by Tom Ray. It is a wonderful read. It covers scrutiny comprehensively and intelligently, with a conclusion that gun restrictions can pass strict scrutiny. 

Since you claim to be familiar with that paper, would you point out the "strict scrutiny" cases they cover in it? I can't seem to find them.

17 hours ago, jocal505 said:

Tom is a vulture, menacing journalists who are generating fake news about gun violence.

Get some help, Joe. Now you are just dribbling out nonsense.

Mass Shooting In Jax

The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office says six adults are shot, three are in critical condition. The ages of the victims range from 20 to 70. Five of the victims are men.

A spokesman says investigators believe the shooting may be gang related.

Prohibition has spawned violent gangs? That must mean we should ban and confiscate squirrel shooters!

https://dos.elections.myflorida.com/initiatives/fulltext/pdf/70490-1.pdf

Proposed constitutional amendment to ban scary guns in Florida.

BALLOT SUMMARY:

Prohibits possession of assault weapons, defined as semiautomatic rifles and shotguns capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition at once, either in fixed or detachable magazine, or any other ammunition-feeding device. Possession of handguns is not prohibited. Exempts military and law enforcement personnel in their official duties. Exempts and requires registration of assault weapons lawfully possessed prior to this provision’s effective date. Creates criminal penalties for violations of this amendment.

As usual, "assault" weapons include my squirrel gun with a fixed tubular magazine that fires the censored ammo.

https://www.tampabay.com/florida-politics/buzz/2018/11/26/florida-ballot-measure-on-assault-weapons-proposed/

A Miami-based political committee has proposed a constitutional amendment that would ban possession of "assault" weapons in Florida if approved by voters.

The proposal, backed by the committee Ban Assault Weapons Now, was posted on the state Division of Elections website this month.

The committee had raised nearly $410,000 since March, while spending almost $284,000, according to finance information. The expenditures included $75,000 last month to a California-based company for what was described in the finance information as "petitions."

I hear that 75k will buy you a really ammosexual SCAR out in California, or would when that was legal.

5 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Oddly enough, you were able to state that TeamD wants to ban and confiscate your squirrel shooter without the forum suppressing you. Funny that. 

Well, no. I can't describe my gun in the usual way people describe such a gun because the software has been changed to suppress it.

The fact that grabbers mean "ban ordinary squirrel shooters" when they say "ban assault weapons" is not something that can be discussed.

The reason is simple: a gun control scheme like yours, under which a guy like me can't own a squirrel shooter like my wife's, would just never sell politically in America. That's why our grabbers always try to deflect back to "AR15's" or "machine guns" when I talk about what the bans actually cover.

2 hours ago, dogballs Tom said:

Well, no. I can't describe my gun in the usual way people describe such a gun because the software has been changed to suppress it.

The fact that grabbers mean "ban ordinary squirrel shooters" when they say "ban assault weapons" is not something that can be discussed.

The reason is simple: a gun control scheme like yours, under which a guy like me can't own a squirrel shooter like my wife's, would just never sell politically in America. That's why our grabbers always try to deflect back to "AR15's" or "machine guns" when I talk about what the bans actually cover.

^^^ Whew.

13 hours ago, dogballs Tom said:

Which is not what you said was being suppressed. 

Sure it can. You are doing so. Right now. Again. Like you do all the time. 

Premise invalid as is the conclusion. Merry Christmas. I hope your less tedious with your family. For your sake and theirs. 

To grab your AW first we must take away your ability to describe your AW.  After that you can’t say what was taken from you.

It’s that diabolical.

• Downvote 1

Three pages and folks still post as though there is no Second Amendment. 

Nobody can take away arms in this country. That would be infringement. 

9 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

Three pages and folks still post as though there is no Second Amendment. 

Nobody can take away arms in this country. That would be infringement. 

Try the purple font, mate.

8 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

convincing huge numbers of people to vote against their own interests

covers the points you made - whether it's bigotry, fiscal stupidity - whatever, it's not in those voters best interest but they keep coming back for more

7 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Or dogballs

Yeah, the thing about that is, just like in Canada, some gun owners don't wish to have our guns banned and confiscated.

Even if wiser people know that having our guns banned and confiscated is in our best interests, we still don't want it.

Tom when they talk about banning Ruger ten twenty two assault rifles do they make exemptions for farmers like we do or is everyone supposed to get rid of them?

Will they still allow professional shooters to have assault rifles like we do in Pusstralia?

All of these animals were shot with a L1A1 SLR which is a scary military assault rifle

Upper Hunter aerial cull takes out 4600 animals stalking farms

MORE than 4600 feral animals have been shot in an aerial cull program in the Upper Hunter in less than a month. 

Biosecurity officers conducted the three-week program between Merriwa and Cassilis and then from Murrurundi to the edge of the Barrington tops, areas where water and feed is critically low. The shooting took aim at pigs, deer, goats, foxes and wild dogs. 

The final tally for animal controllers was 2285 pigs, 2297 deer, 38 goats, 20 foxes, and seven wild dogs. 

Biosecurity team leader Luke Booth said the Feral Animal Aerial Shooting Team (FAAST) program would  benefit local farms and native species battling the big dry. 

“Feral pigs pose the most significant biosecurity risk to agriculture in New South Wales,” said Mr Booth. 

“Not only do they carry endemic parasites and diseases that can affect both humans and other livestock, they cause significant damage to pastures, crops and native vegetation. 

“The lack of water and feed means many pest species are coming closer to farms, searching for available resources, which is adding to the pressure already being felt by local landholders.”

The shoot comes in addition to a high level of baiting and trapping in the region.

“Assisting landholders to control pest species is a crucial part of our role, especially when landholders are being impacted by the current drought,” Mr Booth said. 

“More intensive control programs are planned for later this year, in areas deemed at risk of pest species population booms.”

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/5514018/upper-hunter-aerial-cull-takes-out-4600-animals-stalking-farms/

13 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Tom, I bought an AR-22 (S&W promo package) and picked up two extra 25rd mags for target shooting.  No issue in my state that has stricter gun laws, your state, just has dumber laws.  

Not sure why this ended up in a thread where it was kinda out of the blue.

But my state doesn't (yet) have a stupid law that would ban such a purchase by me.

I hope it never does.

What state are you in?

1 minute ago, dogballs Tom said:

Not sure why this ended up in a thread where it was kinda out of the blue.

But my state doesn't (yet) have a stupid law that would ban such a purchase by me.

I hope it never does.

What state are you in?

Detroit is in MI.  My gun also has a scope, haven't you been bitching for about a year about a FL proposed law that made your wife's tame dogballs an assault weapon?  Very confused.  I saw a side-by-side idiotic picture of two dogballs, not you?  I slipped it in for no good reason.  HNY.  

You're confusing a couple of different issues.

In Florida, legislators are extremely upset by guns like my wife's and your handguns, but they're so darn hoplophobic that they're upset by MY assault weapon too.

It looks like one of these:

marlin-assault-rifles.jpg

The ban you're thinking about is a FEDERAL ban, so you might want to pay attention, as federal laws will apply to you too.

They want to ban my wife's gun because she put an adjustable stock on it. Details are in this thread.

There's stuff in there about your handguns too. Type your make and model into youtube along with the words full auto. If you get a video showing it firing full auto, your handgun is a target of that ban.

This is why I have asked you before for make and model information - so you can know which of your property has been deemed naughty by your betters.

Mass Shooting In Florida

District

Congressional District: 5
State Senate District: 6
State House District: 16

A man was killed and five other people were wounded in a mass shooting early Wednesday morning after a rap event at a gentlemen's club, the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office said. 

Just after 2 a.m., according to police, a silver Chevrolet Tahoe riddled with bullets arrived at Memorial Hospital, dropping off six people, including Willie Addison, with gunshot wounds.

Mayor Lenny Curry told News4Jax that the shooting was gang- and drug-related.

The distractions presented by the Mayor notwithstanding, the mass shooting was obviously gun-related and the SOLution is to DO SOMETHING.

5 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

But I'm disputing that this is no fault of their own..they vote and being Floriduh many probably own guns and actively support 2A..How much sympathy do they show to dead children? Being sorry is easy. Doing something is not that hard either.

This is the DOING SOMETHING IN FLORIDA thread.

But just because you did something doesn't mean it was smart nor effective. My old squirrel shooter has been in the family about as long as I have and hasn't harmed anyone. I fail to see the need to ban and confiscate it.

As for DOING SOMETHING nationwide, that's equally stupid and only likely to cause more boating accidents, as it has in Canada and in US States where it has been tried.

Did it ever occur to you to wonder why the suggestion is always "something" and when I point out what that really means, I must be censored?

If not, let me help: it's because Americans won't support the bans on squirrel shooters that we see in your country and in Canada. My ownership of a squirrel gun has not a damn thing to do with any of the "mass" shootings in the DOING SOMETHING thread.

20 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:
On 1/29/2019 at 5:05 PM, Raz'r said:

Oh shit, you just said "Pedantic Tom" 3 times...

I thought he was "Tumescent Tom" now?

Yes, because there must be something wrong with someone who doesn't see the wisdom of banning and confiscating squirrel shooters. Probably a sexual deviance of some kind.

Like when a guy like BJ gets aroused thinking about banning and confiscating squirrel shooters. Weird, but that must be what happens.

46 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Where is Ms. Butina from and what is their Dogballs rights tradition that she is trying to spread?

Elsewhere, but since you brought it up, do you have a position on the TeamD legislators in our state who wish to ban and confiscate our squirrel guns?

18 hours ago, Olsonist said:

I'm very aware of the difference between indifference and advocacy. And in this case, I'm calling his indifference passive aggressive pussiness.

An interesting thought on indifference.

Mass Shooting In Florida

District

Congressional District: 2
State Senate District: 2
State House District: 6

Police say when they got to the scene, four people had gunshot wounds. One of the victims died at the scene. The three other victims were take to a local hospital and are still in serious condition.

Police say they are still searching for a person of interest, Michael Harrison Hunt. They say he has an active arrest warrant for sexual battery on a victim under the age of 18.

UPDATE 04/05/19 9 p. m.
Panama City Police say Michael Harrison is in police custody. Hunt's attorney reached out to WJHG Newschannel 7 saying Michael Hunt planned to turn himself in and believed he was not guilty. His attorney says Hunt plans to prove his innocence.

I wonder if he's going to prove his innocence on the sexual battery or the murder or both?

The other article said police had been looking for him for days due to the sexual battery warrant.

Maybe he's guilty, maybe not, but either way the legislative district info is available and four is four and the topic post has our representatives' SOLution for those who care.

I hate to interrupt Tedious Tom’s conversation but it’s amusing to note that the last seven posts have been by him.

Sadly no law has been passed to take away Tom’s assault weapons in the last two years, but we have partially taken away his ability to describe them (dogballs) which is the first step in seizing them.  If he can’t describe what was taken how can he say anything was taken at all?

Mass Shooting In Florida

District

Congressional District: 5
State Senate District: 3
State House District: 8

When officers arrived, they discovered that four people had been shot. According to the university, investigators reported a disagreement at the house party led to the shooting. The suspect then left the area in a black Dodge Charger.

The university later confirmed that three FAMU students and one student who is dual enrolled at both FAMU and FSU were injured in the off-campus shooting. After being shot in the "lower extremities," all four were treated at Tallahassee hospital and have since been released.

Like most recent mass shootings, no one was killed, but college students misbehaving late at night has everything in the world to do with banning and confiscating squirrel guns and four is four so thoughts and prayers of DOING SOMETHING sent.

Mass Shooting In Florida

District

Congressional District: 24
State Senate District: 38
State House District: 109

Two sisters in their 20s were killed and two other people were taken to the hospital after a drive-by shooting at an apartment complex in Northwest Miami-Dade, officials and relatives said.

Gee, another drive by in another ghetto ruled by drug gangs, sounds like the stupid drug war again to me.

But four is four so TnP of DOING SOMETHING.

2 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Do not denigrate these Patriots. They will one day be the ones protecting us from an oppressive government. dogballs!

Do you have a position on our legislature's response to naughty people who own the censored caliber of gun?

Because I heard that taking a position was a good thing.

28 minutes ago, Importunate Tom said:

Do you have a position on our legislature's response to naughty people who own the censored caliber of gun?

Because I heard that taking a position was a good thing.

It is a good thing indeed, dogballs.

So take a position on The Standard Model of The Second Amendment. I have asked you for one dozens of times. 

We all know the answer, but you won't answer the question.

Standard Model urinal.JPG

On 4/21/2019 at 8:04 AM, jocal505 said:

So take a position on The Standard Model of The Second Amendment. I have asked you for one dozens of times. 

Slightly above and to the left.

And I already answered you.

On 10/19/2018 at 10:09 PM, Importunate Tom said:

Sure. A quick search for standard hair braiding model revealed this example:

o.jpg

Calling her an "it" is just rude, even if she does look a bit volatile to people like yourself.

I think she's pretty.

On 4/23/2019 at 2:03 AM, Importunate Tom said:

Slightly above and to the left.

And I already answered you.

You are a phony, featuring meaningless spam, again. No games, Tom.

You haven't answered for "The Standard Model", which turns out to be a falsehood which the Libertarians used to manipulate a Supreme court decision.

*B. The Standard Model “Domino Effect” and Subsequent “Domino Defect”

(Source:  The 2nd in Historiographical Crisis: Why the Supreme Court Must Reevaluate the Embarrassing 'Standard Model' Moving Forward see p 1827, link is below)

Despite all the methodological faults and unproven conclusions, Malcolm’s work on the Anglo-American origins of the right retains iconic status among Standard Model writers. Starting as early as 1980, the Standard Model adopted and endorsed her work without question.580 This reliance only strengthened after the publication of Malcolm’s 1983 article The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms. 581 By the time of her 1994 book, Malcolm and the Standard Model were already entwined to the point that one could not write about the latter without citing the former.582 And as of today this reliance has not changed, not one iota.583

Fordham Urban Law Journal, Vol. 39, pg 1727, 2012

7 hours ago, jocal505 said:

You are a phony, featuring meaningless spam, again.

Self awareness isn't a thing for you, is it?

Maybe you could dig up one of the threads that quotes you, Joe, and explain your racist posts...?

memegenerator can't  explain those away..

10 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

FDLE, firearmmurders.gif

How are statistics from the state of Florida related to New York?

FL Grabbers Try Amendment Route Again

Organizers of a drive to have a proposed assault weapon ban constitutional amendment on Florida’s 2020 ballot said they have topped 100,000 signatures and expect to get a review of ballot language by the Florida Supreme Court any day.

Ban Assault Weapons NOW and the League of Women Voters of Florida joined with Democratic state Reps. Carlos Guillermo Smith and Anna Eskamani and U.S. Rep. Darren Soto Monday to announce they’ve reached the point where they expect the review.

The proposed amendment would ban “semi-automatic rifles and shotguns capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition at once.”

They mean military weapons like these again:

marlin-assault-rifles.jpg

Lying Grabber Outed and Out of Race

Democratic candidate Elizabeth McCarthy announced today she is withdrawing from the state House District 28 contest.

The move comes two weeks after Florida Politics published a story exposing parts of her résumé that didn’t check out. That included claims she treated victims of the Pulse shooting in Orlando in 2016.

McCarthy also asks media not to contact her about the decision: “I ask all to please respect my privacy at this time.”

Immediately after being contacted by Florida Politics about parts of her credentials that did not check out, McCarthy said she would pull her campaign. But then she vowed to stay in the race.

Also the legislative director for the Florida Democratic Party’s LGBTA Caucus, McCarthy faced growing concern whether her resume included exaggerations or outright falsehoods.

McCarthy claimed to have received a medical degree from the University of Central Florida in 2014, but the school had no such record. The same goes for a bachelor’s degree at Florida State University.

Moreover, the Department of Health has no record of McCarthy being a licensed doctor.

And despite claiming to have worked at Orlando Regional Medical Center the night of the Pulse shooting as a cardiologist, Orlando Health had no record of her working there.

She then claimed to have worked at Florida Heart Group at the time of the shooting, but that office also had no record of her.

The University of Florida and Florida State officials also contradicted her claims to have played basketball for both their teams.

I'd say respecting the parts of her private life that are true, if any, is appropriate. As for the public lies, not so much.

As a Florida resident I remain cautiously optimistic about an AW ban and confiscation. 

On 6/16/2019 at 2:53 AM, Importunate Tom said:

Hard to say now, inMariojn Hammer country..  Florida is now successfully hiding the figures.  The FBI  crime stats figures are no longer reported in several summaries of 2017.

This is getting bad in FL Tom.

More details have emerged about a massive international gun smuggling bust. 

Department of Homeland Security officials allege that at least 5,300 guns and firearm components — including more than 2,500 AR-15s — were purchased by straw buyers from federally licensed dealers and at gun shows in Florida and shipped to Argentina, Brazil, and Paraguay via the U.S. Postal Service. Police say the straw buyers were a married couple in their 60s who lived in Broward County.

7 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

Hard to say now, inMariojn Hammer country..  Florida is now successfully hiding the figures.  The FBI  crime stats figures are no longer reported in several summaries of 2017.

What are you claiming they hide, Joe? What do FBI crime stats have to do with the FDLE chart you love so much?

38 minutes ago, bpm57 said:

What are you claiming they hide, Joe? What do FBI crime stats have to do with the FDLE chart you love so much?

Tell me the current rate of gun homicides in  FL. Because the FBI can no longer tell me.

The bullshit FDLE chart was from  Tom, he posted it about eighty times. And he invented a new way of relating to crime---Tom teaches that peaks and valleys of crime stats are meaningless.

Be sensitive, Tom gets very touchy about this chart. It holds great wisdom for some,  great mojo.

5 hours ago, Fakenews said:

As a Florida resident I remain cautiously optimistic about an AW ban and confiscation. 

This is a Bull Gator test. Do you ride bikes? How much air do you use in the front, as opposed to the rear?

Proper tire pressure depends on many things. Road surface, temperature, humidity, weight of rider, preference of rider, slicks (or not)  frame set, suspension if any. Altitude, rain etc. it’s an impossible question to give a pat answer to Jocelyn.

Sincerely,

FN

2 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Proper tire pressure depends on many things. Road surface, temperature, humidity, weight of rider, preference of rider, frame set, suspension if any. Altitude, rain etc. it’s an impossible question to give a pat answer to Jocelyn.

Sincerely,

FN

Bull Gator road thin-tire bikes. He suggested, willingly, 95 lbs of air in the front, and another figure in the rear. You are not Bull Gator.

Thin tire bikes?  You seem to know as much about bikes as you do  gunz...

22 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Thin tire bikes?  You seem to know as much about bikes as you do  gunz…

I am proud to know next to nothing about guns. I know the bikes I want to know, and I suggest you could not follow Jocelyn.

On 6/16/2019 at 2:53 AM, Importunate Tom said:

We dunno, since FL has balked on uniform crime reporting system.. Alabama is the only other state which did. Flag on the play in Libertaria.

Why  the gun homicide information void in FLorida? Now, that would be the type of question you say you like...one that is obvious, but one that you, the dogballs himself, will not answer.

4 hours ago, jocal505 said:

We dunno, since FL has balked on uniform crime reporting system.. Alabama is the only other state which did. Flag on the play in Libertaria.

Why  the gun homicide information void in FLorida? Now, that would be the type of question you say you like...one that is obvious, but one that you, the dogballs himself, will not answer.

You brought up a deceptive take on FDLE figures and I responded years ago.

On 4/5/2012 at 1:01 AM, jocal505 said:

To be sure, even as gun rights and ownership have expanded, most of the tragic scenarios predicted by opponents of gun rights have not played out. However, murders by firearm have increased 45 percent since 1999, despite an overall drop in violent crime, according to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

All I did was show the rest of the rest of the figures and why choosing 1999 was blatant cherry picking of FDLE data.

Your claim that it's no longer available is not surprising and also not true.

4 hours ago, Importunate Tom said:

All I did was show the rest of the rest of the figures and why choosing 1999 was blatant cherry picking of FDLE data.

Wake up the dogballs guy. 

Facts are facts, even in Florida.  The truth can be devastating..  The (deadly) 45% spike in FL is ruthlessly supported by the math, pivoting at 1999. And there were TWO such spikes in  FL in a ten-year period.

The rest of your bit is flatulence and confusion. Nothing more.

Are you a statistician? Not so much. If you apply your grotesque statement to ANY stat, no peak or valley would bern worth considering.

The quote you used was  my effective resignation from your circus.  Then uh  Sandy Hook happened two months later. I picked myself up off the floor, and did some reading. You were typing profusely, twisting the basics of Kellerman and Hemenway, se;pectively out of touch (to be kind) with the post-2004 National Research Council's conclusions.

You were quite the voice on PA, making shit up, and ticking off Larry Pratt's checklist.

You were checked. The rest is PA history.

18 hours ago, jocal505 said:

Tell me the current rate of gun homicides in  FL. Because the FBI can no longer tell me.

When did you ever concern yourself with the rate? Your latest jpeg you are spamming is all about the absolute number.

18 hours ago, jocal505 said:

-Tom teaches that peaks and valleys of crime stats are meaningless.

Well Joe, you seem to be the only person that thinks statewide stats of certain kinds must always remain static...

10 hours ago, bpm57 said:

When did you ever concern yourself with the rate? Your latest jpeg you are spamming is all about the absolute number.

Well Joe, you seem to be the only person that thinks statewide stats of certain kinds must always remain static...

Look, everything you need to know about FL is on Tom's chart.  Get back to us with the meaning.

Does DeadEye Dick accept the dogballs  position, that a statistical reference to a turning point in some area is...propaganda? 

On 7/2/2019 at 1:17 AM, Importunate Tom said:

a deceptive take on FDLE figures

Nope. See the graph. My source simply presented a statistically valid turning point, an increase in gun homicides, in FLorida, beginning right around 1999.

Instead of a learning moment, you made an opportunity to try to deny the problem. Not one soul on PA corrected you, I note.

Florida's gun numbers suck, and you use dishonesty to hide it, I see. Need to see the graph? It simply graphs your FDLE figures, eh?

NEED UPDATE PLEASE

Boothy insisted on FBI numbers, and he was the shit. Where are the FBI numbers on FL gun homicides in 2017?

11 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

Nope. See the graph. My source simply presented a statistically valid turning point, an increase in gun homicides, in FLorida, beginning right around 1999.

Instead of a learning moment, you made an opportunity to try to deny the problem. Not one soul on PA corrected you, I note.

Florida's gun numbers suck, and you use dishonesty to hide it, I see. Need to see the graph? It simply graphs your FDLE figures, eh?

NEED UPDATE PLEASE

Boothy insisted on FBI numbers, and he was the shit. Where are the FBI numbers on FL gun homicides in 2017?

Well, OK, like the FDLE numbers that you said can't be found, those are also easily found.

There was no "turning point" in 1999. It was an anomalous year with very low homicides, making it a good one to cherry pick if you want to show an increase.

As I suggested at the time, a more valid one would be 1987, the year we started getting concealed weapons permits. But choosing that year, as I noted, shows a very inconvenient decrease in homicides.

20 minutes ago, Importunate Tom said:

Well, OK, like the FDLE numbers that you said can't be found, those are also easily found.

There was no "turning point" in 1999. It was an anomalous year with very low homicides, making it a good one to cherry pick if you want to show an increase.

As I suggested at the time, a more valid one would be 1987, the year we started getting concealed weapons permits. But choosing that year, as I noted, shows a very inconvenient decrease in homicides.

No Tom. Let's rist abore the sphere of Marion Hammer, beyond the FL factor. Let's rise above the FDLE.  The FBI was denied the 2017 gun homicide numbers. 

This now shows on the current gun homicide chart on Wiki, and other sources. No comment?

the dogballs sez, from the heavy fog situation: There was no "turning point" in  FL in 1999. His own FDLE figures say this:

aa FL SYG gun deaths chart.jpg

5 minutes ago, Importunate Tom said:

Your statement is much funnier if linked to the FBI's website showing FL's 2016 and 2017 gun homicide numbers.

Glad I could help.

No gun homicides are shown. No games. Florida incubates shitty gun policy, then hides the results? That sucks.

Read SAILING ANARCHY. FL has balked on the Uniform Crime Reporting System, as of 2017.

If you're so darn interested in 2017, look at the hidden numbers.

791 in 2017, down from 888 in 1989 despite a growing population.

Now, can you see the problem with picking 1989 as a starting year?

13 hours ago, jocal505 said:

Speaking of dishonesty, how many more people live in FL now then when your new favorite chart starts?

12 hours ago, jocal505 said:

Read SAILING ANARCHY. FL has balked on the Uniform Crime Reporting System, as of 2017.

Better file a lawsuit, Joe. Break new ground in constitutional jurisprudence, force FL to report what you want them to.

Or just go to the FDLE website and find what you want. Like maybe a newer version of your previous favorite chart. I've even posted a link for you, in a previous reply.

Get back to us with the meaning.

Looking at the FDLE website, I see that murders using hands or feet went up considerably in 2018 vs. 2017. What does it mean, Joe?

Florida incubates shitty gun policy, then hides the results?

The FDLE website is particularly hard to find.

On 5/18/2018 at 9:56 AM, Importunate Tom said:

I still have our old iPhone 3's and iPhone 4s's. I plan to shoot one of each model with a (censored caliber) and the other with a .17 HMR.

My prediction is that there will be a hole from the (censored caliber) shots and the phones hit by the .17 HMR will explode.

Shot the iPhone 3's this morning. Yeah, I know, took me over a year to get a round tuit.

My prediction was sorta wrong. Pics to follow but I have to run up to Sarasota right now.

I got out my wife's assault weapon and my favorite squirrel shooter, a Rossi that shoots ammo in a smaller caliber than the censored one.

Ruger22Rossi17.jpg

I sometimes see ignorant stuff like this posted here:

On 7/15/2019 at 8:40 AM, Jules said:

Capitalism brings you an assault weapon that will shred him to pieces.  Sure, those rounds may also destroy everything else around it but it's so cool watching things being shredded with bullets.

And decided this time that a demonstration was in order.

When DiFi and the Presidential Contenders DID SOMETHING, they were very specific about including my wife's gun in the ban. It's a very popular Ruger model in the censored caliber and the "military" assault feature is the telescoping stock, as noted in this post.

So what kind of power to "destroy everything around" does that folding stock give to her squirrel shooter? Well...

iPhone3face22.jpg

It shattered the glass and separated the two halves of the phone. On the back side...

iPhone3back22.jpg

It did make a tiny hole in the back side but it's too small for the whole bullet to have exited. A piece of phone or a piece of bullet came through. I suspect that if I had used a hollow point, it would not have come through at all. So an iPhone 3 makes reasonable body armor against her assault weapon.

My squirrel gun? Not so much. It made a neat hole in the front and did not separate the two halves.

iPhone3face17.jpg

But on the back side...

iPhone3back17.jpg

Yikes. An iPhone 3 is NOT good body armor against my non-scary gun. At all.

We can't talk about the actual rounds that my wife's assault weapon fires on this forum, but I can post a pic for anyone who may be confused.

17HMRand22.jpg

My gun fires the ones on the left, her assault weapon fires the ones on the right. And destroys everything in the area. :rolleyes:

Next up, I have a few old laptop hard drives for further testing. I think I'll try a scary hollow point in the assault weapon this time. I'll probably hit the third one with my 30/30 cowboy gun. Maybe I'll get around to the iPhone 4's too.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2019 at 5:07 AM, Importunate Tom said:

Lying Grabber Outed and Out of Race

I'd say respecting the parts of her private life that are true, if any, is appropriate. As for the public lies, not so much.

The initial denials and claims of a smear campaign have collapsed.

It is a false statement. I just made it up.

“I wanted to be somebody in the community, and I’m sorry. I’m sorry that I gave any impersonation. I knew it was wrong and I should have stopped — by no means did I ever mean to put anybody in jeopardy,” the affidavit says.

The last part is another lie. She intended to put voters in jeopardy of voting for a liar based on her lies. But lies in the service of gun control are not bad.

I did a bit of reformatting on some old laptop hard disks today. I added another tool to the reformatting arsenal, my 30/30 cowboy gun, just because it amuses me.

FormattingTools.jpg

As you can see, the stock on the assault weapon is shorter this time. That's the scary military attribute that makes it subject to the ban proposed by DiFi and the Presidential Contenders, so I put it on a blue shop towel because blue is soothing. Hope it wasn't too scary anyway.

For those unfamiliar, here's an ammo shot. On the left is the censored caliber used in the assault weapon. Next is the .17HMR used in the other squirrel gun, then the 30/30 round for my pig shooter.

22n17n3030.jpg

That's a scary CCI Stinger hollowpoint for the assault weapon so I tried to mitigate the scare factor with blue again.

How did they do?

MediaMax hit by assault weapon:

MediaMax22Front.jpg

Yep, that's a hole. And on the back side...

MediaMax22Back.jpg

Oh dear. Formatting complete. Don't use one of those for body armor against an assault squirrel gun.

The non-assault squirrel gun put a neat little hole in one side.

Seagate17Front.jpg

And on the other side, not much.

Seagate17Back.jpg

That was also a hollow point round, same as yesterday. I don't think it was inside the drive long enough to finish expanding.

As for the 30/30, it makes a bigger hole in the front side...

CE3030Front.jpg

And quite a bit bigger on the back

CE3030Back.jpg

But it looked like I missed the actual disk part that I was trying to format so I shot it with the assault weapon a couple of times. Formatting complete.

I could only find one of the iPhone 4's so I shot that with the assault weapon too. Another CCI hollowpoint.

iPhone4v22Front.jpg

Looks pretty similar to the results on the iPhone 3, until you flip it over.

iPhone4v22Back.jpg

Geezus. The back of a 4 turns out to have not much metal and a glass face. These are far worse body armor than the old 3's.

If the other iPhone4 turns up I'll see what the .17HMR does to it.

29 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:
55 minutes ago, Repastinate Tom said:

Notorious RBG Seems To Disagree

I still think she and Gorsuch make a cute couple.

Don't you have a dogballs to wring your hands around?

Not sure how that's relevant to Justice Ginsburg, but thanks for the reminder. I do have a few old hard drives that need reformatting and I should get it done before it gets too hot out.

And yes, my wife's squirrel assault weapon will once again be among the chosen tools for the job.

This thread has gone down downhill along with its original premise. To restore thing to order I hereby propose a complete and total ban on AW’s of any type in Florida until we know what the hell is going on!

should keep the thread going another couple of years...

12 hours ago, Fakenews said:

This thread has gone down downhill along with its original premise. To restore thing to order I hereby propose a complete and total ban on AW’s of any type in Florida until we know what the hell is going on!

should keep the thread going another couple of years...

So sorry to disappoint.

The hard drive reformatting operation went OK. It turns out that old Buslink brand ones are extremely resistant to assault weapon fire.

For the "pics or" crowd, here are the hard disc reformatting tools of choice from yesterday.

The assault weapon in the censored caliber on the left, the other squirrel gun in the middle, and this time I brought out the .38/.357.

reformattingtools.jpg

And here are the resulting entry holes in 5 old hard discs:

formattingentry.jpg

The tiny holes are from my squirrel shooter. The larger ones up higher are from my wife's squirrel assault weapon, and the big holes are from the handgun. The disc on the right has two assault weapon holes just because I brought six rounds out.

The problem became apparent when I flipped them all down to see what happened on the back side.

formattingsomeexits.jpg

The two on the right were easily penetrated by the squirrel guns but it took a .357 Magnum round to get through the one in the middle. The ones on the left proved completely resistant to assault weapon and handgun fire. So I went back to the house and got the 30/30.

formattingcomplete.jpg

There we go. Formatting isn't complete unless there's an exit hole and those qualify.

This reply from CLEAN isn't really related to the pussification of England

19 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:
On 4/16/2019 at 4:45 AM, Repastinate Tom said:

Our government trusts us with knives and hammers.

How about yours?

Even in Florida, knives are widely regulated. I don’t know about you but my pocket knives tend to have pretty long blades. 

https://knifeup.com/florida-knife-laws-explained/

But the link proves my point. We're not allowed to have "ballistic" knives, whatever those are, nor to concealed-carry pocket knives with a blade longer than four inches without a permit. Permits are fairly easy to obtain.

What is Legal to Own

• Balisong knives are legal.
  • Belt knives, cane knives, and other disguised knives are legal.
  • Bowie knives and other large knives are legal.
  • Throwing stars and throwing knives are legal.
  • Undetectable knives (knives that will not set off metal detectors) are legal.
  • Ballistic knives are illegal.

The law does not limit individuals from owning, selling, or buying any knife except for ballistic knives.

Limits on Carry

• You can open carry any knife.
  • Box cutters, multi-tools, and other work knives are legal to carry concealed.
  • In most cases, conceal carry of a common pocket knife with a blade of less than 4 inches is legal.
  • Concealed carry of nearly any knife is not allowed without a permit if the blade is over 4″ in length.

Now that I know ballistic knives are naughty, I'm tempted to wrap one of my knives in some kind of wadding so I can fire it vertically from my tater cannon.

9 hours ago, Repastinate Tom said:

Now that I know ballistic knives are naughty, I'm tempted to wrap one of my knives in some kind of wadding so I can fire it vertically from my tater cannon.

what a perv

On 7/29/2019 at 10:01 AM, Repastinate Tom said:

For the "pics or" crowd, here are the hard disc reformatting tools of choice from yesterday.

The assault weapon in the censored caliber on the left, the other squirrel gun in the middle, and this time I brought out the .38/.357.

reformattingtools.jpg

And here are the resulting entry holes in 5 old hard discs:

formattingentry.jpg

The tiny holes are from my squirrel shooter. The larger ones up higher are from my wife's squirrel assault weapon, and the big holes are from the handgun. The disc on the right has two assault weapon holes just because I brought six rounds out.

The problem became apparent when I flipped them all down to see what happened on the back side.

formattingsomeexits.jpg

The two on the right were easily penetrated by the squirrel guns but it took a .357 Magnum round to get through the one in the middle. The ones on the left proved completely resistant to assault weapon and handgun fire. So I went back to the house and got the 30/30.

formattingcomplete.jpg

There we go. Formatting isn't complete unless there's an exit hole and those qualify.

Was there any point to this post? 

2 hours ago, mad said:

Was there any point to this post? 

Yes. As mentioned,

On 7/21/2019 at 5:19 AM, Repastinate Tom said:

I sometimes see ignorant stuff like this posted here:

On 7/15/2019 at 8:40 AM, Jules said:

Capitalism brings you an assault weapon that will shred him to pieces.  Sure, those rounds may also destroy everything else around it but it's so cool watching things being shredded with bullets.

So I try to counteract that ignorance with some facts.

My wife's assault weapon can't even shred an old hard drive, much less "destroy everything else around it."

12 hours ago, Repastinate Tom said:

Yes. As mentioned,

So I try to counteract that ignorance with some facts.

My wife's assault weapon can't even shred an old hard drive, much less "destroy everything else around it."

is this ^^^ for real? are you an actual person?

On 7/3/2019 at 3:17 AM, Repastinate Tom said:

The current per capita gun homicide figures are needed. This is no longer possible.

FL is so corrupt that the gun homicide figures are no longer available. This is some serious, institutionalized ignorance.

YO, FOR THE DEPRAVED, FOR THE RUBES

The series of redneck bullet hole photos (for days) is a morning rush, a distraction.

2 hours ago, jocal505 said:
On 7/3/2019 at 6:17 AM, Repastinate Tom said:

The current per capita gun homicide figures are needed. This is no longer possible.

It's not possible for those incapable of taking the gun homicide figures and population figures at the link provided and doing a bit of simple math.

Saying it's "no longer" possible I guess means we're talking about those with memory problems who used to know how to either do division or find a calculator but are no longer capable of those activities.

Forget it Tom. No more fog from ya.

OUR LAST CHAPTER

Last week you lied, and only feigned to offer gun homicide numbers. (You presented razzle-dazzle stats which lacked gun homicides.)

The "link provided" rick roll is not the FBI, and is not up to the standards of the Uniform Crime Reporting system. Florida has now refused to co-operate in the UCR, as has Alabama.

Care to discuss this without fog?

CURRUPTION, MORE OF

Your numbers from  the FDLE are probably influenced by Marion Hammer, and the CATO-infested FL legislature. Thus the requirement for a UCR system for the uncorrupted FBI

TOM RAY, CIRCA 2012

You lied about  FL, as you denied a certain unfortunate development there in 1999. The truth was that in 1999, the gun homicide numbers began to get worse, rising 45%, after a pattern of decline. My source quoted the hard stats...and finding turning points is hardly propaganda.

3 hours ago, jocal505 said:

Your numbers from  the FDLE are probably influenced by Marion Hammer, and the CATO-infested FL legislature.

10 hours ago, jocal505 said:

FL is so corrupt that the gun homicide figures are no longer available. This is some serious, institutionalized ignorance.

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/FSAC/Documents/PDF/1971_fwd_murder_firearms.aspx

"No longer possible"?

the 5th column is firearm murders, the 2nd is population.

So your "no longer possible" per capita number for 2018 is:

836/20840986 = .00004011326 firearm murders per capita in FL in 2018.

Or are you saying that FL is lying about the number of murders? If they are, how would getting the numbers from the FBI fix that? FDLE is where they would get the FL numbers in the first place.

I've suggested before that you contact your local community college about your issues with the english language, maybe a remedial math class is in order as well.

10 hours ago, Repastinate Tom said:

Your numbers from  the FDLE are probably influenced by Marion Hammer, and the CATO-infested FL legislature.

You need to stand by your numbers from 2012, and the chart maps them. The chart kinda de-fogs your chosen medium.

Boothy demanded FBI numbers, or nothing. Mr. Booth would be disappointed in FL these days, no doubt.

WTF is up with the rednecks in FL?

16 hours ago, bpm57 said:

"No longer possible"?

Or are you saying that FL is lying about the number of murders? If they are, how would getting the numbers from the FBI fix that? FDLE is where they would get the FL numbers in the first place.

I've suggested before that you contact your local community college about your issues with the english language, maybe a remedial math class is in order as well.

FloriDUH man is not good with the maths....

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bpm57 said:

"No longer possible"?

Hi there, bpm.

Go to Wiki for state-by-state homicide comps. Florida shows a blank...right where the UCR screens out any local hanky-panky. Gun mayhem is nasty, dangerous territory, and now we add FL ignorance. In a pattern.

1 hour ago, Jules said:

Not to worry about gun bans in Florida.  The Florida AG recently stepped in because the language in a signature petition to ban assault rifles "is a trick."

https://www.tampabay.com/florida-politics/buzz/2019/07/29/florida-attorney-general-fights-proposed-assault-weapons-ban/

Hmm...

The proposed constitutional amendment would effectively outlaw the sale of assault rifles in the state. People who currently own an assault rifle would have one year to either give them up or register them with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

It defines “assault rifles” as “any semiautomatic rifle or shotgun capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition at once, either in a fixed or detachable magazine, or any other ammunition-feeding device.”

The amendment’s language states that it would not apply to handguns.

Moody spokeswoman Lauren Schenone said it had nothing to do with politics.

“Regardless of your position on gun restrictions, this proposed ballot language is a trick," Schenone said in a statement. “The drafters of this proposal have confused voters by creating a misleading definition of ‘assault weapons’ which would include a majority of the most popular hunting rifles and shotguns.”

I think there's not much misleading about it. "Assault weapon" is a phrase that simply means "gun that TeamD wants to ban and confiscate" and includes lots of popular squirrel guns and shotguns. It's been this way for quite a while, so how could it be misleading?

Go to Wiki for state-by-state homicide comps.

How about you provide a link, just like you require from everyone else. Hopefully to a chart at the FBI website, not wikipedia.org

Florida shows a blank...right where the UCR screens out any local hanky-panky.

Please provide evidence for your assertion that the FBI modifies the data reported to them.

You _do_ realize that the same FDLE you say is faking data would also be reporting that same data for UCR purposes, right? Or do you believe that the FBI re-investigates all the data reported to them nationwide?

In a pattern.

The only patterns I see is your inability to do basic math, combined with an amazing ability to be inconsistent in what constitutes "good" information.

For example:

Joe: If you don't have a PhD in History everything you write about history is wrong.

Also Joe: Patrick J Charles wrote... (note that he doesn't have a PhD in History)

Joe: Florida is lying about their firearm murder numbers.

Also Joe: (links a chart from FDLE for about the 20th time)

15 hours ago, jocal505 said:

You need to stand by your numbers from 2012,

Any particular reason 7 year old data is preferable to data that also covers 2013-2018, Joe?

Hmm...

I think there's not much misleading about it. "Assault weapon" is a phrase that simply means "gun that TeamD wants to ban and confiscate" and includes lots of popular squirrel guns and shotguns. It's been this way for quite a while, so how could it be misleading?

Opinion.  Not fact.  But if you're worried about losing your squirrel gun, blame it on the squirrels.  They are marching next week and they have a strong lobby.

15 minutes ago, Jules said:

Hmm...

Opinion.  Not fact.  But if you're worried about losing your squirrel gun, blame it on the squirrels.  They are marching next week and they have a strong lobby.

No, it's a fact. The amendment you linked is the proof.

It would ban one of my squirrel guns and my wife's squirrel gun. Although it would allow us to sign up to have them confiscated upon our deaths, delayed confiscation is still a form of confiscation. If we don't sign up to have them confiscated within a year, immediate confiscation would be the plan.

Try to familiarize yourself with these things before you comment on them.