Sign in to follow this  
Grande Mastere Dreade

College Football 2017

19 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

Penn State was up by two points after scoring a touchdown as time expired. They had to snap the ball on the conversion attempt. The quarterback could have taken a knee and ended the game. The quarterback punted the ball. 

I do not know the answer or I would not be posting it. 

If the ball didn't make it out of bounds couldn't an Iowa player pick up the punted ball and try to run for a two point conversion of his own?? 

I was surprised nobody at least chased after the ball to try.

i couldn't tell if the ball gad gone out of bounds 

certainly if the punt has been blocked it could have been run back for two points. 

It seems to be punting was very very stupid 

He kneeled. He was down. Then got up and punted. 

2 hours ago, chinabald said:

He kneeled. He was down. Then got up and punted. 

Oh!! OK. I didn't see the snap or anything. Just the punt. 

I am glad the refs didn't penalize for unsportsmanlike conduct and replay the conversion attempt. 

8 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

oooh, oooh,  I figured it out,  the next NFL bust from the Pac-12

But Goff looks good now.  No?

Darnold is the show for SC.  No Sam = no top 20 ranking.   He's alternatly lucky & good.   I'd bet on him over Josh Rosen right now.

On 9/19/2017 at 0:15 AM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

well that fits in perfectly with the university who has Petino bringing in hookers for his recruits..

You make that sound like that's a bad thing.....

On 9/24/2017 at 9:54 AM, DA-WOODY said:

SDSU  4 - 0 

DAGO Got Football !!!!  

Which High School Division is that SDSU team in?

According to sworn affidavit complaints from university police, the group of Gators football players totaled 62 potential third degree felonies stemming from alleged credit card fraud.

Callaway, junior defensive end Keivonnis Davis, sophomore defensive lineman Richerd Desir-Jones, freshmen linebackers James Houston, freshman linebacker Ventrell Miller, junior running back Jordan Scarlett, freshman defensive end Jordan Smith, freshman offensive lineman Kadeem Telfort, and freshman wide receiver Rick Wells are all involved in the case.

wonder if coach McElwain turned them in so he could free up scholarhips for next year, considering how bad they're playing now..

Georgia proved it, they are legit, pay attention to Jake Fromm, kid has it.  The SEC East is a cakewalk, I don't even think UGA can blow being this year's sacrifice to Bama.

I would buy Rosen futures over Darnell futures any day.  Give that one 10 years.

7 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

wonder if coach McElwain turned them in so he could free up scholarhips for next year, considering how bad they're playing now..

None of them has played all year, nor should they ever again.  I"d rather see them lose every game (except Tennessee) than see them go back to being Urban's thugs.  Total lack of discipline eventually makes its way onto the field anyway.  I'd rather see Auburn win a title again, with a Gator castoff who got busted out of school than cheer for kids that are not being taught the right way to do things.  whether they are 12-0 or 0-12 makes absolutely no difference in my life.  

6 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

None of them has played all year, nor should they ever again.  I"d rather see them lose every game (except Tennessee) than see them go back to being Urban's thugs.  Total lack of discipline eventually makes its way onto the field anyway.  I'd rather see Auburn win a title again, with a Gator castoff who got busted out of school than cheer for kids that are not being taught the right way to do things.  whether they are 12-0 or 0-12 makes absolutely no difference in my life.  

Yep

15 hours ago, 2slow said:

Georgia proved it, they are legit, pay attention to Jake Fromm, kid has it.  The SEC East is a cakewalk, I don't even think UGA can blow being this year's sacrifice to Bama.

I would buy Rosen futures over Darnell futures any day.  Give that one 10 years.

well now that RIcht isn't there anymore, there's less of a chance in blowing it.. if it wasn't for Clemson, it would be known as Georgia-ing..

when you wonder why college sports are being ruined...

this...

When we look back, the next round of conference realignment may have started now -- right under our noses. What have amounted to pilgrimages to the West Coast by high-powered conference administrators visiting the corporate offices of Google, Amazon and Facebook have become the norm.

It has long been speculated that those internet giants will at least have a hand in the next round of conference alignment by bidding on media rights. It's early -- way early -- but at least preliminary discussions have begun on possible business relationships.

"Everyone in college sports has made a trip to the West Coast to talk to them and others," one TV industry source said.

Amazon is located in Seattle. Facebook calls Menlo Park, California, its home. Google operates 20 minutes down the road in Mountain View.

"I'm not going to get into who I've talked [to, but] you'd have trouble naming one I haven't talked to," said Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby, one of the most aggressive college power brokers on the topic.

The internet giants already are making exploratory moves into televising professional and collegiate sports. For example, the NFL's 10-game Thursday night package begins this week on Amazon Prime. Amazon paid the NFL $50 million, five times what Twitter paid last season.

The Mountain West has six games available this season on Facebook. The money is minimal ("less than six figures," said one conference official) and the exposure may be less, but it's a worthwhile down payment on a glimpse into the future.

"It's like buying a car, and this gives us an opportunity to drive the car for a couple of years whether we want to buy it or not," Mountain West commissioner Craig Thompson said.

20 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

damn,  Wake Forest is 4-0 and FSU is 0-2 and FSU is on upset alert...   football writers don't make a lot of sense..

FSU isn't that bad. I say they roll over Wake, despite getting their QB Bama'd to start the season. 

I wish the Gators had signed Mike Leach when he was sitting unemployed in Key West. That guy can get a team moving. It's not often I stay up that late to watch a game but that one was worth it. 

On 9/19/2017 at 9:40 AM, J T said:

I think that's more the case...SC just isn't very good.  Not real sure how good most of the P12 is.  But SC has had their struggles in the first coupla outings...certainly not top 5 material. Actually pretty amazed the coaches poll only dropped them 1.  I guess it's just their winning streak has some beef to it.  But one thing, Darnold looks like he'll be playing Sundays for sure.  Dude is pretty good outside of the pocket.

As Snags would say...Eye toe da sew. (or words to that effect..I'm not all that well versed in Snagspeak)

SC stinks.

Darnold looked like a malfunctioning strobe light. Flashes of brilliance every once in a while, but not with regularity. He's young. 

SC is probably the best 1-loss team in the country. 

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/9/30/16388806/washington-state-usc-upset-score-highlights

Game was sloppy, Darnold running for his life (3 starters on O-line missing) and SC's D just sucks right now.  Props to Wazzou for getting it done.  Weird thing is they have played all games at home so far.  When they hit the road we'll see what they really have.

Have at it:

"Can we appreciate Sam Darnold for what he is, and not create strengths out of thin air?

Throughout the broadcast, and from some NFL draft folks on social media, the refrain about Sam Darnold’s arm strength was constant. I like Sam Darnold. A lot. I’ve seen him since he was in high school. But I like Darnold because of how naturally he moves in the pocket, how he can throw off balance, his ability to put the ball over one defender and in front of another in the middle of the field, and his vision. His arm strength isn’t necessarily all that special."

9 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I wish the Gators had signed Mike Leach when he was sitting unemployed in Key West. That guy can get a team moving. It's not often I stay up that late to watch a game but that one was worth it. 

Totally agree, thought so at the time.  With 4 and 5 star guys he would be deadly, just like Paul Johnson.

GO DAWGS!!!

Who else wants some?  I am feeling really good about Georgia, defense is so damn legit

The last two SEC games of the week on CBS have cumulatively had a score of 96-0.  I really hope UGA can keep a vols out of end zone for rest of game.  

35 minutes ago, 2slow said:

The last two SEC games of the week on CBS have cumulatively had a score of 96-0.  I really hope UGA can keep a vols out of end zone for rest of game.  

22089822_10212927361034986_7087591581933

SDSU fights on tonight @ home

Go AZTECS !!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, 2slow said:

Totally agree, thought so at the time.  With 4 and 5 star guys he would be deadly, just like Paul Johnson.

GO DAWGS!!!

Who else wants some?  I am feeling really good about Georgia, defense is so damn legit

One of two teams, i would hate to play right now

Cough Cough

Win the Toss - Pic to Receive

Catch on the 4 (?) Run back for the TD

Never see this shit from the last Bum's who were flushed by voters to ????????????? but who cares  

classic

Winner -- Troy's troll game: Right about now, LSU has to be wishing we still lived in an age without social media. The reactions to these types of games can be brutal, but you don't always expect shade from the school that beat its opponent on homecoming. But apparently Troy has no chill whatsoever ... 

Hey @LSU, thanks for having us down for homecoming! We really enjoyed it!

— Troy University (@TROYUnews) October 1, 2017

Adding insult to injury is the fact that LSU paid Troy $985,000 to come play this game. 

and ouch

Meanwhile, Tennessee has lost 27 straight games against top-10 opponents. 

8 hours ago, blunderfull said:

Best #4# player in the country:

5'11", 230 lbs.   40 yds:  4.34 (spring '17)     Cleans  405#, Squat 605#

If PSU doesn't get its shit sogether on offense very very soon the season could get really ugly 

6 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

If PSU doesn't get its shit sogether on offense very very soon the season could get really ugly 

Yea, as in next 2 games on road with Michigan & Buckeyes.  

9 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

classic

and ouch

My son and my money go to Troy. It was a good game but the Trojans almost gave it away in the 4th qtr. Troy needs the $$ to finish the stands at the North end of the stadium.

19 hours ago, 2slow said:

Does Butch have a job Monday?

Edit: even 100-0 CBS SEC last two weeks

Upon further review, they have a bye week next weekend, before a home game against South Carolina, away against Bama and away against Kentucky.  I hope he is still coaching UT after that stretch, but I just can't see it.  It'll be a month from now, they'll have three more loses and Butch will say something like "did you see how them boys can drink Powerade?"  

Nope.  Gotta cut him loose now or there will be a full-on revolt that makes the NFL boycott look tame.  

1 hour ago, Gouvernail said:

Where's Bill Gator when we need to rub it in??

Rub what in, a one point loss?  That probably would not go well for you.  He would undoubtedly bring up Penn State's connection to a serial child buttfucker.  

That's what people do when they have nothing. 

Anyone who can count  can see the fact Florida and Texas have each lost more games since the sanctions were applied than PSU. 

Blame karma or God's  will or a super secret NCAA conspiracy. There must be a reason all three programs fell at once. Obviously, as the sanctions hurt each program more than PSU, they must have been more involved in whatever bad things happened than PSU. . 

3 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

Anyone who can count  can see the fact Florida and Texas have each lost more games since the sanctions were applied than PSU. 

Blame karma or God's  will or a super secret NCAA conspiracy. There must be a reason all three programs fell at once. Obviously, as the sanctions hurt each program more than PSU, they must have been more involved in whatever bad things happened than PSU. . 

You know he would go there. The contrast between a program that kicked its stars off the field upon the allegation that they did wrong, and one that gave cover to a predator would be too much for him to resist. 

There are people here who can rub a one point Gator loss in on BG, but PSU fans are not among them. He'd go for the "center pocket" story every time. 

4 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

Funny how that program turned around after they got rid of Joe Pa 

4 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

You know he would go there. The contrast between a program that kicked its stars off the field upon the allegation that they did wrong, and one that gave cover to a predator would be too much for him to resist. 

There are people here who can rub a one point Gator loss in on BG, but PSU fans are not among them. He'd go for the "center pocket" story every time. 

Sol, 

You really need to take a good hard look at the website linked below. The facts surrounding the handling of the Sandusky case are quite disturbing. 

One thing is certain:

There is absolutely zero evidence the Penn State football program ever had a scintilla of involvement in any deliberate cover up of any of Sandusky's behavior. 

I have been occasionally checking this site for a few years now.  The author's accusations levied against the media, NCAA, and various government officials are disturbingly difficult to ignore. After a person has spent a few hours studying and evaluating the information provided on the site I do not see how it is possible to have a strong opinion about what happened. 

http://www.framingpaterno.com//

Back to Football:

I see Alabama as a clearly superior team.

Georgia, Clemson, Washington, Washington State, and TCU  certainly have been impressive and I believe the other three final four teams will come from that group. 

Teams like Miami, Penn State, Auburn, and Wisconsin remain undefeated but certainly have struggled a lot while doing so 

I Think the polls still reflect more preseason hype than actual performance on the field. 

If Wisconsin or PSU  makes it out of the BIG undefeated I will add them back into my candidates for the final four but I seriously doubt that will happen. 

58 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

Sol, 

You really need to take a good hard look at the website linked below. The facts surrounding the handling of the Sandusky case are quite disturbing. 

One thing is certain:

There is absolutely zero evidence the Penn State football program ever had a scintilla of involvement in any deliberate cover up of any of Sandusky's behavior. 

I have been occasionally checking this site for a few years now.  The author's accusations levied against the media, NCAA, and various government officials are disturbingly difficult to ignore. After a person has spent a few hours studying and evaluating the information provided on the site I do not see how it is possible to have a strong opinion about what happened. 

http://www.framingpaterno.com//

Bull Gator won't care about any of that.  If he were still here, and you rubbed that game into him, the result would be exactly as I predicted... (I predict).  In other words, you do NOT want Bull Gator here so that you can rub the LSU loss into him.  None of us do.  That's what I'm getting at.  

I'm on record saying that I would much rather see the Gators lose a few games with guys on suspension/kicked off the team for whatever disciplinary reason, than have questions like they faced during the Meyer years.  A narrow loss to LSU falls into that and I'll take it, though I still think that the LSU administration is the worst kind of scum for their post-Hurricane Matthew extortion of a home game.  

But mostly --/

let's back to football 

i think Georgia and the two Washingtons have every bit as much claim to number 3 as PSU. 

The games PSU plays over the next four weeks will either open up #3 for Georgia  because PSU loses or perhaps beating Michigan, Ohio State, and Michigan State on consecutive weekends is a sufficient claim for #3

9 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Bull Gator won't care about any of that.  If he were still here, and you rubbed that game into him, the result would be exactly as I predicted... (I predict).  In other words, you do NOT want Bull Gator here so that you can rub the LSU loss into him.  None of us do.  That's what I'm getting at.  

I'm on record saying that I would much rather see the Gators lose a few games with guys on suspension/kicked off the team for whatever disciplinary reason, than have questions like they faced during the Meyer years.  A narrow loss to LSU falls into that and I'll take it, though I still think that the LSU administration is the worst kind of scum for their post-Hurricane Matthew extortion of a home game.  

TROUBLING 

:lol:

Go SDSU

they might be subminorleague

But they are the Best Football team DAGO has had for the past 10 yearz

sad as that may bee

15 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

But mostly --/

let's back to football 

i think Georgia and the two Washingtons have every bit as much claim to number 3 as PSU. 

The games PSU plays over the next four weeks will either open up #3 for Georgia  because PSU loses or perhaps beating Michigan, Ohio State, and Michigan State on consecutive weekends is a sufficient claim for #3

Yes, Georgia will quite likely beat Florida soundly, but don't bet the farm on it.  Stranger things have happened, even under Ron Zook. 

But they have to play A&M first, and anything could happen in that game too.  

Florida is one of those teams made up of guys about whom  the recruit rating sites said "this kid will be playing on Sunday."

on any given weekend the talent generally exceeds the talent on the other side if the ball.

but

for some reason the coaching staff cannot teach them how to consistently play as a team. 

It makes for great entertainment because no matter how they screw up, they have enough truly special  athletes to win anyway. 

pained me to see piniero miss the kick,  even though the holder botched it.  Still going as a miss against Piniero,  he's got a golden foot.

Not sure UF woudl have been able to pull out an overtime win.  I agree lots of talent and they somehow figure a way to put points on the board...

I was in Nashville for the Vandy Drubbing (wifes alumni reunion)  what an ugly game that was.....

Just Wow!! Pitt last year and Syracuse this year?? 

It has been 40 years since Dorset and 47 since Csonka made those teams hard to beat. 

And  WSU  left the championship chase tonight as well. 

and in the community collage district

SDSU = 6-0 going into tonight's game against Boise

Then Next weekend Scot's Team FRESNO comes to town for SDSU Homecoming :)

Friday the 13th was a killer for Clemson and WSU. #2 and #8 get upset. In Washington we have an expression about the Cougars. when they tank one they "Coug'd it"

Last night that took on a whole new meaning. What an ass kicking. I was hoping they would go undefeated so that Apple Cup would be a battle of the unbeatens when my Huskies destroyed them. Oh Well.

WL

SDSU SUCKING so BAD they were just called the san diego chargers

How Fucking Low can ya Blow !!!!

Fucking Gators.  Once Jordan Sheritt got Bama'd, their defense was done. 

No development of the freshman QB whatsoever.  Gonna be a lot of SEC teams looking for coaches this December, methinks.  

If the eye test matters Bama is 1, UGA clearly 2, TCU then Penn State.

Would love to play Penn State, sofa king overrated, sad.  Have they beaten anyone with a winning record?

54 minutes ago, 2slow said:

If the eye test matters Bama is 1, UGA clearly 2, TCU then Penn State.

Would love to play Penn State, sofa king overrated, sad.  Have they beaten anyone with a winning record?

I just posted the following on the Gators' facebook page.  Give them a couple of weeks to think about it.  I'm ready for the Mike Leach era to start.  Should have hired him when he was sitting in doing nothing.  

Would truly hate to see Leach at FU. His offense with the quality of player you guys get on D could fuck some people up

Yall really are playing like some "Kansas city faggots".  Keep it up! You going to the J'ville?

1 minute ago, 2slow said:

Would truly hate to see Leach at FU. His offense with the quality of player you guys get on D could fuck some people up

I posted that on the AD page, with the caption "Mike Leach riding into Gainesville like...."

i figured Miami would get him but they went for Al Golden back then. I reckon they fixed that mistake now. 

Leach had the offense working at Kentucky as an assistant. If he can make it work there.... At a minimum, the news conferences would be bearable. 

Mac cooked his own goose by letting Grier walk. Not sure who developed his QB when he was at CSU, but it sure as hell wasn't him. I'd like to see them give the true freshman from St. Thomas Aquinas (Lauderdale) a shot. He's been training for years (before UF) with Eric Knesset).  All he did at STA was climb depth charts and win state titles. 

Good thing there is other stuff to do in DAGO....

Lastnight SDSU couldnt bet the .... whatever team that left for LA

SDSU SUCKS !!!!!

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I posted that on the AD page, with the caption "Mike Leach riding into Gainesville like...."

i figured Miami would get him but they went for Al Golden back then. I reckon they fixed that mistake now. 

Leach had the offense working at Kentucky as an assistant. If he can make it work there.... At a minimum, the news conferences would be bearable. 

Mac cooked his own goose by letting Grier walk. Not sure who developed his QB when he was at CSU, but it sure as hell wasn't him. I'd like to see them give the true freshman from St. Thomas Aquinas (Lauderdale) a shot. He's been training for years (before UF) with Eric Knesset).  All he did at STA was climb depth charts and win state titles. 

Eric Kresser. F-omg Autocorrect. 

#2 has to play get past next three Saturdays before I can legitimately claim its spot. Getting by Michigan at home will be a challenge.

At Ohio State looks like a mighty big challenge. Mason Rudolf and his gang pulled it off but OSU has been an entirely different animal since 

Week three is Michigan State who whumped Michigan.

If they do all that, the number 2 is a reasonable rating but Georgia certainly has a great resume. 

TCU?? They play in the Big 12

On 10/14/2017 at 10:28 AM, White Lightnin' said:

Friday the 13th was a killer for Clemson and WSU. #2 and #8 get upset. In Washington we have an expression about the Cougars. when they tank one they "Coug'd it"

Last night that took on a whole new meaning. What an ass kicking. I was hoping they would go undefeated so that Apple Cup would be a battle of the unbeatens when my Huskies destroyed them. Oh Well.

WL

So how's that working out for ya?

35 minutes ago, pbd said:

So how's that working out for ya?

For me. Ok

For them, not so well. No way the Huskies get back into to title contention. Their schedule is too weak. Best they can hope for now is to win out and take the Pac-12 Championship and a fun bowl game. With they way they got slapped silly last night that is not a guarantee.

WL

Gouv,  has Penn State beaten a team with a winning record besides big bad Iowa?  Which y'all barely handled.

PSU will have 2-4 losses by Jan. 2.  They don't pass the eyeball test, a good D will stop your running game then you are fucked.

UGA is batting 100% on red zone offense.

1st in country third down completion percentage.

Top few in every defensive category.

GO DAWGS!!!

Sol, are you going to cocktail party? I have to miss it this year, my sons have a regatta that day:(  

This is one year I would really like to go!

59 minutes ago, 2slow said:

Gouv,  has Penn State beaten a team with a winning record besides big bad Iowa?  Which y'all barely handled.

PSU will have 2-4 losses by Jan. 2.  They don't pass the eyeball test, a good D will stop your running game then you are fucked.

UGA is batting 100% on red zone offense.

1st in country third down completion percentage.

Top few in every defensive category.

GO DAWGS!!!

Sol, are you going to cocktail party? I have to miss it this year, my sons have a regatta that day:(  

This is one year I would really like to go!

I doubt it. I'd say something awful. I'm trying not to be too disgusted inasmuch as they are down something like 20 scholarship players, but then I see Franks still lacking any sign of development and I'm over it. I was over Muschamp a year before he flamed out. This one will be the same. 

2slow.  

1. I don't play college football. Never did. 

There is no "y'all." That includes me

2. PSU has played only one team that currently has a losing record and that team beat Clemson the last time they played. 

Personally?? I think PSU is currently over rated and I believe they will be very fortunate if they remain unbeaten after their next three games. 

Georgia may be awesome. They too have some pretty good teams ahead.  

Apparently the two Washingtons  and Clemson aren't as invincible as I thought 

I'd like to see Penn State play Miami.  That would be a pretty even match-up.  (Miami might not be the best team in the State of FL, btw.)  

Speaking of that, Charlie Strong seems to have landed on his feet at South Florida, having escaped the constraints of UT.  

8 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

Apparently the two Washingtons  and Clemson aren't as invincible as I thought 

yup, 7 games into a season without a break will do that for you, playing a late game the week before and then another night game 6 days later,  lack of motivation for sure..   shouldn't have played bryant as he could barely move and the coaches owe him alot for the concussion he got..  Dabo's justification is the biggets BS i've heard from him.. and not putting in Hunter when Zack was awful passing..  coaching killed the team...

personally I think the big10 is vastly overrated..  like how Ohio State was going to take down bama last year..

Charlie Strong seems to have landed on his feet at South Florida

well good for him, problem for him is he's too loyal to his coordinators..  at UT he had the talent, he just couldn't get the players to the collegiate level..   just remember he's using Willie's players who seem have been well coached..    seems Herman has some coaching ability as he's taken the pile of shit he was left with and made a few strides this year..

Gotta love kids.

Just now I was explaining to my kid Georgia's very unfortunate history with Florida since 1991, told him about when they renovated Jacksonville stadium so we had to do a home and home with FU.  SS was calling bombs in the 4th quarter up 4 touchdowns trying to get to 50 in Athens, a first and he succeeded.

He saw the Dawgs break Vandys spirit on first drive by running the ball up the middle 8 times, averaging 12 yards carry, till we scored.

My 11 year old son's conclusion was next week against Florida he hoped we run the ball every play the first half and keep throwing bombs in the second trying to run up score.

We can dream son.

Georgia-Florida should have gone home and home years ago. But too many UGA alum have condos (or time shares on Amelia Island) and don't want to give up their weekend on the beach. 

I'm looking forward the SEC championship game, where the real national championship will be decided this year. 

I'ed like to see SDSU kick the Fucking Sucking chargers ASS 

4 hours ago, MisterMoon said:

Georgia-Florida should have gone home and home years ago. But too many UGA alum have condos (or time shares on Amelia Island) and don't want to give up their weekend on the beach. 

I'm looking forward the SEC championship game, where the real national championship will be decided this year. 

yeah, that's what they said last year, how'd that work out..

2slow,   yeah,  i'd rather play bama then uga..     good team there.. I'll give you that..

8 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

yup, 7 games into a season without a break will do that for you, playing a late game the week before and then another night game 6 days later,  lack of motivation for sure..   shouldn't have played bryant as he could barely move and the coaches owe him alot for the concussion he got..  Dabo's justification is the biggets BS i've heard from him.. and not putting in Hunter when Zack was awful passing..  coaching killed the team...

personally I think the big10 is vastly overrated..  like how Ohio State was going to take down bama last year..

well good for him, problem for him is he's too loyal to his coordinators..  at UT he had the talent, he just couldn't get the players to the collegiate level..   just remember he's using Willie's players who seem have been well coached..    seems Herman has some coaching ability as he's taken the pile of shit he was left with and made a few strides this year..

Clemson just had a bad game and a bad injury.  It's early enough that it will not effect their title hopes. They still have a great team and one of the two or three best coaches in the country. Syracuse was also sky high for that game from start to finish.  Clemson was off, but Syracuse played better than anyone expected.  

Charlie can coach, and develop players.  More important, he can recruit in FL.  Take a look at when the Gators took their big slide.  It should coincide with his departure.  He was their main recruiter and defensive coach.  What happened in Texas is not representative of his capabilities.  The scary thing in the state is that there are a ton of really good coaches/recruiters right now.  Charlie, Mark Richt, Jimbo, Lane Kiffin, Butch Davis....  Scott Frost is a bit of an outsider, but he has UCF undefeated (last game of the year vs USF should be fun).  There may be one other guy whose name escapes me at the moment.  

10 hours ago, 2slow said:

Gotta love kids.

Just now I was explaining to my kid Georgia's very unfortunate history with Florida since 1991, told him about when they renovated Jacksonville stadium so we had to do a home and home with FU.  SS was calling bombs in the 4th quarter up 4 touchdowns trying to get to 50 in Athens, a first and he succeeded.

He saw the Dawgs break Vandys spirit on first drive by running the ball up the middle 8 times, averaging 12 yards carry, till we scored.

My 11 year old son's conclusion was next week against Florida he hoped we run the ball every play the first half and keep throwing bombs in the second trying to run up score.

We can dream son.

Are you a coach or player??

10 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

yeah, that's what they said last year, how'd that work out..

2slow,   yeah,  i'd rather play bama then uga..     good team there.. I'll give you that..

Last year exactly nobody said SEC championship was real national championship.  This year is different, Bama is still king, but we have a better chance of beating them than anyone else in the country it seems.

not going there gouv, Georgia is "we to me.  Your Penn State mileage may vary