Sign in to follow this  
Grande Mastere Dreade

College Football 2017

5 hours ago, 2slow said:

I had to put away all my anti gator feelings for a moment.  Almost cut the legs off my favorite pair of jeans in support of Florida.  Go Gators, nice job

They really came through.  There were a ton of empty seats.  They had a "virtual assembly" to discuss similar issues without the hate, which had twice as many attendees as the Spencer event.  My favorite thing was Alligator Brewing co offering a free beer for every person who turned in two tickets to the event, to be destroyed.  It was almost entirely peaceful.  One goofball with swastikas drawn all over his white t shirt got bopped in the nose.  That was it.  

But I'll say this for Mr. Spencer.  Given the way the football team is moving the ball, he was by far the most offensive thing on campus this fall.  

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

But I'll say this for Mr. Spencer.  Given the way the football team is moving the ball, he was by far the most offensive thing on campus this fall.  

Groan!!!

it seems Florida is starting back up hill after a few uncharactistically horrible years. I thought the Tennessee victory meant they were much better but it turned out Tennessee has regressed rather than progressed from last year  

6 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

Groan!!!

it seems Florida is starting back up hill after a few uncharactistically horrible years. I thought the Tennessee victory meant they were much better but it turned out Tennessee has regressed rather than progressed from last year  

The current regime lacks the ability to develop players, particularly quarterbacks.  They are in real trouble, and no longer have Muschamp's defense to bail them out.  There are some lean years ahead.  Mac has a 12 million dollar buyout this year, so he isn't going anywhere. This team is worse than the one from which Muschamp was canned.  Granted, the suspensions are taking a toll, and they have more injuries than I can recall seeing in a single year in quite some time (since the year that their QB broke a leg and half the defense caught the Bama knee at mid season).  Not many teams could overcome the loss of the starting QB, star running back, and the top two receivers, and some key defensive playmakers, but other guys need to step up.  

My gripe is not with the losses.  I'd rather see losses with integrity than wins by skipping discipline.  My beef is the lack of player development.  

The Florida/Florida State game at the end of the regular season could very well be the bowl game for both teams.  

OSU in their stadium is the real test . 

Then The cow college in Lansing who already beat U of M 

if the game Lions would n all three they can claim to be pretty good 

Floriduh players talking shit before game, who is running the show down there?  I actually think it is their strategy to throw the dawgs off their game.  Everybody knows Dawgs should roll unless they have a few dumb turnovers, late hits etc.  I don't see it happening, cover 14 easily if weather holds.

Penn State is better than i thought, hope they stomp Urban.

2 hours ago, 2slow said:

Floriduh players talking shit before game, who is running the show down there?  I actually think it is their strategy to throw the dawgs off their game.  Everybody knows Dawgs should roll unless they have a few dumb turnovers, late hits etc.  I don't see it happening, cover 14 easily if weather holds.

dawgs should roll for the next couple of years with the recruiting classes..  what y'all have a "contracts" with addidas, nike, and under armour?

3 hours ago, 2slow said:

Silly season.  They did the same before the Michigan game.  The coach went off the deep end talking about death threats, giving cause to fire him in the process, without paying the $12 million buyout.  They're playing without 20 scholarship players, including the top running back, quarterback, and the top three receivers...and talking smack.  Unbelievable.  

I just listened to a Gators football podcast, those dudes are out on Coach. If it really is grounds for termination without paying buyout he is gone.  Crazy how fast this has happened, you guys won the last two SEC East championships!  Not an easy place to be average

2 hours ago, 2slow said:

I just listened to a Gators football podcast, those dudes are out on Coach. If it really is grounds for termination without paying buyout he is gone.  Crazy how fast this has happened, you guys won the last two SEC East championships!  Not an easy place to be average

It started with post game comments last year after the SEC championship.  He said something about the new AD that made everyone take notice, and he said something after that about the fan base.  His mouth is what is sealing his fate, not his performance, though that is suspect.  They've been to two straight title games but they were in neither.  The BS about kicking down the door in Atlanta this year when they were trying to sell tickets really crapped his nest....  

I give him 50/50 at this point  Maybe a bit less if the FSU game ends up being their bowl game and they lose it.  I'd be alright with him staying if they can Nuss.  I would prefer (and hope) that they be talking with Leach's agent to see if he has any interest.  I live less than an hour away, and have no interest in going to their games.  Put someone in the hotseat that can get the team moving up and down the field, and I'd be a season ticket holder.  

19 hours ago, 2slow said:

Yeah he's done regardless of the outcome of the game today.  They're already working on the buyout.  Dan Mullen returns?  

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florida-football/report-jim-mcelwains-agent-working-hard-buyout-florida/

And the Florida athletic department denies working on a buyout, but doesn't mention any vote of confidence in Mac.  

If ya gotta lose one, at Urban ************ Stadium by a point takes some of the edge off 

OSU's defense spent the fourth quarter in the PSU  backfield and PSU's defense couldn't even slow OSU down in the last couple drives. 

I swear, PSU dies not have a running play innits playbook worth calling and Barkley needs to learn to run toward the first down line instead of everywhere else 

18 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Yeah he's done regardless of the outcome of the game today.  They're already working on the buyout.  Dan Mullen returns?  

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florida-football/report-jim-mcelwains-agent-working-hard-buyout-florida/

Hopefull Dan Mullen stays right where he is in Stark-Vegas, I mean really who in their right mind would want to head into that "swamp"...although I bet Lane Kiffin would scurry out of Boca Raton overnight if y'all asked him to :ph34r:...

Yesterday was fun!  Georgia had 190 yards and 3 touchdowns after 8 offensive plays.  Florida, 3 possessions- no first downs. 22 total yards and an interception.  No much drama.

So different than the Richt days, he used to preach it was going to be a 4 quarter battle and Georgia would fight the whole game and wear down the opponent.   Kirby Smart says we are better than who we are about to play and we are going to kick their ass.  I prefer the second approach.

16 minutes ago, 2slow said:

Yesterday was fun!  Georgia had 190 yards and 3 touchdowns after 8 offensive plays.  Florida, 3 possessions- no first downs. 22 total yards and an interception.  No much drama.

So different than the Richt days, he used to preach it was going to be a 4 quarter battle and Georgia would fight the whole game and wear down the opponent.   Kirby Smart says we are better than who we are about to play and we are going to kick their ass.  I prefer the second approach.

That was the Spurrier approach.  I expect UGA to be ranked number 1 in the playoff poll.  That's an awesome team.  

Word is that UF is meeting with Mac today, with an eye toward getting him out and getting the Memphis coach in.  

Wow, right decision if you are a Gators fan, but wow that was fast. 

What do Spurrier and Mcelwain have in common?  Their last games coaching were midseason blowout losses to UGA.  

I wish BG was still here, no fun to rub it in your face Sol.

SOS interim?  Makes way too much sense.  Swamp would be packed with happy fans the rest of the year.  Can't think of any other scenario where that would happen.

35 minutes ago, 2slow said:

Wow, right decision if you are a Gators fan, but wow that was fast. 

What do Spurrier and Mcelwain have in common?  Their last games coaching were midseason blowout losses to UGA.  

I wish BG was still here, no fun to rub it in your face Sol.

SOS interim?  Makes way too much sense.  Swamp would be packed with happy fans the rest of the year.  Can't think of any other scenario where that would happen.

I was just going to post a picture for my choice of interim coach but you beat me to it. 

Let the OBC draw up a few ball plays!

IMG_7624.JPG

it would be pretty cool if he went out with a win over free shoes university.  As much as I hate SOS, he is fucking awesome.

I am surprised this thread is so dead right now. 

This should be a time of multiple posts touting the personal favorite one loss teams and inflating those resumes in an attempt to make a case for one of the 3rd or 4th playoff spots. 

Notre Dame certainly has the best single loss. 

Miami vs Notre Dame is setting up to be a huge contest

Will the loser of Bama vs Georgia sit out? 

It looks very much like this year four teams will be too small a field to satisfy those who almost make the playoff. 

However... if the winner is undefeated it is likely that will be the only undefeated team 

I don't follow college football

All I know is the home team is 8-0...

All I got is 

3e86c8a63904af7e7dfa035433b43356--bucky-badger.jpg

5 hours ago, 2slow said:

it would be pretty cool if he went out with a win over free shoes university.  As much as I hate SOS, he is fucking awesome.

It's not to be.  Randy Shannon will be the interim coach.  I'd be willing to bet that he does not refuse any advice from the OBC, as the prior coach reportedly did twice this year.  

Well nothing will energize a battered Florida fan base like Randy Shannon!

16 minutes ago, 2slow said:

Well nothing will energize a battered Florida fan base like Randy Shannon!

I like him, and I'll be sorry to see him go when the new coach cleans house.  He knows Belle Glade and Pahokee, and the recruiting pipeline from Mud City, and he's a pretty good defensive coach.  Unfortunately, his hands will be tied with the Nuss offense, and the FSU game will probably be the bowl game.  He's a good guy and he deserved better than an offense that could never stay on the field.  

Speaking of that, a buddy is a hard core FSU fan.  I told him before the season what playing Bama is like, and it played out just as I warned.  The team doesn't just pick up that loss, they pick up several more while the best players recover from their injuries.  Never has that been more apparent than with FSU losing Francois.  Holy crap did their season take a turn.  

still don't understand all the love the writers have for notre dame,  what are they, all 80 - 90 years old?

it was good to see Wake get their revenge on Loserville after they had cheated last year...

I was sure it was going to be a triple header with Sumlin and Jones gone too.. 

seeing fsu at 2-5 ,  just sweet...

16 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

ok,  CFP,   who do you want in and in and what order

1. Bama

2. Clemson

3. ND

4. PSU 

Really??

Fir that to happen 

Bama must stomp the shit out of Georgia 

clemson has to start impressing again

ND has to win out

Michigan must Beat OSU and PSU must beat Wisconsin 

and Washington must be ignored 

Georgia beat ND, and I would not be a bit surprised to see them beat Bama.  The west is irrelevant this year.  If UGA squeaks by Bama, they both get in.  

This years playoff may be the biggest shit show yet.  Barring some major upsets you will have top 10 teams playing each other in the championship games for the SEC, B1G, ACC, and maybe Big12.  It is certainly possible there will be as many as 8 or 9 teams in the top 10 with only 1 loss.

Rooting for Miami to knockoff ND

My preferred top 4 are impossible unless the committee puts a championship game loser in the playoff

UGA
Miami
Clemson
OSU

MS

18 hours ago, Mr. Squirrel said:

This years playoff may be the biggest shit show yet.  Barring some major upsets you will have top 10 teams playing each other in the championship games for the SEC, B1G, ACC, and maybe Big12.  It is certainly possible there will be as many as 8 or 9 teams in the top 10 with only 1 loss.

Rooting for Miami to knockoff ND

My preferred top 4 are impossible unless the committee puts a championship game loser in the playoff

UGA
Miami
Clemson
OSU

MS

Since when does that happen?

Lotta football left to be played.

Love that Georgia is #1 in standings but Bama is still king and everyone knows it.  I agree with Mister Moon, the two best teams will likely play each other in the SEC championship.

As we all know, half time adjustments often win games and absolutely speak volumes about the coaching.   The Georgia defense has only allowed 3 points in the 8 3rd quarters played so far this year.  That one gives me some confidence.  

Muschamp has done well with South Carolina, good for him.  As I have said before, Florida is a tough place to coach, burnout rate is crazy.  Wonder where you guys would be if he had not been fired, most Florida fans are not reasonable like Sol. Sad.

31 minutes ago, 2slow said:

Muschamp has done well with South Carolina, good for him.  As I have said before, Florida is a tough place to coach, burnout rate is crazy.  Wonder where you guys would be if he had not been fired, most Florida fans are not reasonable like Sol. Sad.

Gator fans are a tough lot.  The most delusional are the loudest, just like the rest of our society.  They had to cut Muschamp loose when they did.  Foley just pooched the hire and got somebody that wasn't a good fit to replace him.  Mac did get the school to spend a metric ton of money on improving facilities, which had been a problem.  They need a big change, and the more I look at it, the more I think they need Frost.  He clearly can recruit the state, which is key.  UCF was winless what, about 2 years ago?  Mullen has been through the gainesville wringer before, and Kelly has cheating on his record, which is a non-starter at UF after the glory days of Charley Pell and the Holy Scoreboard Debacle of NCAA 120, Florida 0.  

They won't win another game all year at this point, unless they get up for playing FSU after getting embarrassed by UAB.  That's on Mac, not Randy.  If this team had any pride in the first place, they wouldn't have had a large chunk of the roster breaking the law.  They still haven't played the kid who may be the best qb on the roster, the true freshman from Ft. Lauderdale.  Why worry about burning his redshirt, when nobody sticks around for four years anyway, and nobody ahead of him can play anyway?  

9 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Is it college baseball season yet?

What's the old joke, I've seen better football in a tampon ad.  

If UF football is important to you, look into being cryogenically frozen for about 3 yrs.  

In other news the mighty Kennesaw State Owls defeated Montana State with a late field goal. For a program that's only in it's third season, they are impressive at 8-1. 

11 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

Dear PSU, OSU, & OSU,

Thank you for your participation in the 2017 title chase 

Ohio State

hqdefault.jpg

3 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Next weekend...Catholics vs Convicts revived!

Time to find out if Miami is for real.

8 hours ago, Point Break said:

What time is the "Catholics versus Convicts" game today? I better check.......

Convicts stole the Catholics holy cards and just about everything else.  Miami 41-8

Miami is Fo-Real.  Holy crap, talk about a quick turnaround.  Nice job Mark Richt.  Keep the rap stars off the sidelines and let er rip!  

On 11/11/2017 at 8:50 PM, jerseyguy said:

Convicts stole the Catholics holy cards and just about everything else.  Miami 41-8

That was a serious, good ole fashioned ass whupping. Impressive! 

Jimbo Fisher is an asshole..      it's was the most blatant attempt to hurt someone I've seen in a year..

http://tennesseestar.com/2017/11/11/florida-states-emmett-rice-is-ejected-after-dirty-targeting-play/

Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher addressed Rice's hit in his press conference Monday.

"We will discuss it with him (targeting)," Fisher said. "Emmett had a hit that was, unfortunately, a targeting call. He hit the guy square. He hit him high. I don't think there was any intent or anything bad. He made a bad hit in a situation where we got to aim a little lower. We will talk to Emmett about things and how we do things."

20 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

I wish there was a version for UoF and  UTenn..

No thanks.  It would be a field day.  The talk is now about Chip Kelly.  Great.  Because UF does not have ANY history with hiring coaches who cheated at their last stop.  That will work out Pell.  I mean well.  

No thanks.  It would be a field day.  The talk is now about Chip Kelly.  Great.  Because UF does not have ANY history with hiring coaches who cheated at their last stop.  That will work out Pell.  I mean well.  

ah Traitor Pell, when he left Clemson for UoF, turned to Trader Pell when all his cars for signatures dealings came out..

a lot of schools are going to benefit from the UTenn UoF fuck ups...  top recruits are running to other schools..  Clemson is going to pick up a couple ...

15 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Watch for some news out of Gainesville tonight or tomorrow. 

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florida-football/look-florida-players-tweeting-emoji/

if you're think Chippy boy, I think he goes  LA.. knows the area well enough to be in his comfort zone..

haha,   typical UoF fan,  full of it...

Welcher of the Week

This one goes to a Florida alum who refuses to keep his word. The man, who goes by the name Joe V on Twitter, tweeted back in August that he would "eat a steaming pile of dog crap" if Miami won 10 games this season. Well, Miami won its 10th game of the season on Saturday, and Joe V is backing away from his statement quicker than the Florida offense goes three-and-out to help Townsend set a record. Florida football will never return to glory with this kind of cowardice surrounding the program. SMH.

To all the Miami fans out there. I apologize for my tweet back in August. The tweet was meant to be a joke. I had zero belief in Mark Richt. I will not risk my health by eating fecal matter, however I will be decked out in Miami gear if they make the CFB Playoff. The U is back.

— Joe V (@Joe_V_) November 19, 2017

On 11/4/2017 at 10:32 PM, Cal20sailor said:

What's the old joke, I've seen better football in a tampon ad.  

If UF football is important to you, look into being cryogenically frozen for about 3 yrs.  

I think this partly explains gaytor's disappearance off these pages.  I suspect he either committed suicide out of shame or finally got his sex change operation and is working at the local Gainsville stripclub hoping some of them UoF football player boyz will come in and pay him her for a lap dance.

1 hour ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I think this partly explains gaytor's disappearance off these pages.  I suspect he either committed suicide out of shame or finally got his sex change operation and is working at the local Gainsville stripclub hoping some of them UoF football player boyz will come in and pay him her for a lap dance.

tuesdaysattescos5.jpg?quality=90&strip=a

On 11/20/2017 at 12:20 PM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

if you're think Chippy boy, I think he goes  LA.. knows the area well enough to be in his comfort zone..

He doesn't want the Florida gig or he'd already have it.  I'm still hoping for Mike Leach, but they can't talk to him until after Saturday at the earliest, and I'm pretty much the only person who wants Leach to coach the Gators.  

13 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

He doesn't want the Florida gig or he'd already have it.  I'm still hoping for Mike Leach, but they can't talk to him until after Saturday at the earliest, and I'm pretty much the only person who wants Leach to coach the Gators.  

Leach to Nebraska where his old AD who hired him is..    UoF goes with Mullen who goes to an easier division and better recruiting, plus tons more money

5 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

Leach to Nebraska where his old AD who hired him is..    UoF goes with Mullen who goes to an easier division and better recruiting, plus tons more money

I think that if Kelly plays UCLA against Florida beyond the end of the Egg Bowl tomorrow night, Mullen will probably be the Gators coach by weekend.  Nebraska is going to go for Frost at UCF.  He's a Nebraska guy.  I see Leach going to Arkansas or Tennessee, but I'd kill to see him in Gainesville, just for the entertainment value of the press conferences.  Jesus Christ, McElwain was a pain in the ass in pressers.  They should have made Spurrier the official spokesman for that task.  

But really, Leach has been around a while, but he is not old.  He's 56 to Mullen's 53 (I think),  Either will be around a while, as will Kelly, also in low 50s.  Kelly could bolt for the NFL at any moment, and he doesn't like the limelight, so Florida might not be the right fit.  Florida needs stability nearly as much as it needs offense and qb development.  Mullen or Leach provide both.  Mullen's wife doesn't like Gator fans, which I get.  Most are insanely unrealistic.  

And I am admittedly biased in favor of Leach for locking Craig James' kid in a broom closet when he couldn't practice and had doctors orders to remain in a dark quiet place.  That's fucking classic...and where is Craig James these days?  And Leach is a transplanted Conch (KW).  So is Earnhardt Jr.  I could see those two bumping into each other at the Green Parrot and causing some trouble.  Never saw Leach down there, but I saw Jr. at Turtle Kraals last time.  Nice guy with a LOT of hangers-on.  

The word is that Kelly will pick UCLA.  I'm fine with that.  I remember the last time Florida hired a coach with NCAA violation baggage, and seeing all of the IROC Z28s, Corvettes, 5.0 Mustang GTs, etc., in the Yon Hall parking lot.  I used to have a shirt that read "NCAA 120, Florida 0".  Florida needs someone squeaky clean.  

They should be talking to Dan Mullen after tomorrow night's game.  I think they should probably be talking to Lane Kiffen too.  He has learned a bit from his time in Tuscaloosa, and it's worth a discussion to put a finger on how much.  I see him as a better fit for Arkansas or perhaps A&M, if he jumps this year, which I doubt.  

Word is that Mrs Mullen really likes Starkeville...and he's got a helluva lot of starters returning from this team next year, they could really make a run...Bulldog tragics can only hope for the best...

Jeff, find a replay of USF at UCF and watch it.  Have all the beer, popcorn, wings or whatever else you need to be able to watch without interruption.  Unbelievable game.  

2 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Jeff, find a replay of USF at UCF and watch it.  Have all the beer, popcorn, wings or whatever else you need to be able to watch without interruption.  Unbelievable game.  

I just watched it. I’m in the IS for a while so able to watch live. Unbelievable!

WTF happened to Miami???

11 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I just watched it. I’m in the IS for a while so able to watch live. Unbelievable!

WTF happened to Miami???

They became a target.  The longest winning streak in the country gets people's attention and teams bring their best game to try to end it.  Pitt has done that two or three years in a row now.  Last year it was Clemson that they caught napping, I think.  

I don't follow college football closely if at all, but, since Wisconsin is doing well, I really would like to know how the BCS( Bowl Cheating Scam) works.

2 teams in the country are 11-0. One team is ranked #1 and the other #5, #2-#4 have worse win/loss records......

Is it all "strength of schedule" ? Or is it even more subjective than that?

BCS doesn't exist anymore.  

And the long nightmare of 2017 is now thankfully and mercifully over.  Holy crap.  

Colonials undefeated again tho.  So there is that.  

There's a real 25 team playoff  going on right now in the FCS. The mighty Owls of Kennesaw State just beat their first round opponent Samford 28-17 to advance. Go Owls! 

I may have to drive over to Jacksonville State next Saturday to cheer them on in their second round game. 

Daughter is at Jordan-Hare right now, and just dying for her Tide. Close game. Probably the best game in terms of being entertaining this year for Bama, but I'd like it to become a laugher. 

BCS doesn't exist anymore.  

And the long nightmare of 2017 is now thankfully and mercifully over.  Holy crap.  

Colonials undefeated again tho.  So there is that.  

What took its place?  I really am an idjit when it comes to college ball.

The real question is about the rankings.

There is going to be chaos.  Hope Dawgs win next week, but Auburn should be favored.  Winner is in.

Clemson-miami, winner is in.

Then it gets fucked up with other three power fives.  Should be fun.

Does 1 loss Bama get in above 2 loss conference champ?

Should Harbaugh be fired?

19 minutes ago, 2slow said:

There is going to be chaos.  Hope Dawgs win next week, but Auburn should be favored.  Winner is in.

Clemson-miami, winner is in.

Then it gets fucked up with other three power fives.  Should be fun.

Does 1 loss Bama get in above 2 loss conference champ?

Should Harbaugh be fired?

It is chaos.  If Wisconsin beats OSU, they're in.  If not, Big 10 should be shut out and Bama should be in.  Oklahoma should be in.  SEC winner is in.  ACC winner is in.  UCF should be in before any team with two losses but they won't be.  Too soon to tell....

And Florida may get down to my choice of coach through pure attrition.  I hope.  I kinda doubt that they could win the big one with Leach, but they would at least be entertaining.  I'm not greedy.  They also would not have a chunk of the team disrespecting the coach so much that they would break the law en mass....  Did anyone let Craig James' kid out of that closet at TT yet?  

As a Bama fan, I should be shot for saying this: They don't deserve to be in. And that's no matter what Saban says.

I think Auburn beats any team in the USA right now. Including UGA again next Saturday. 

16 minutes ago, MisterMoon said:

As a Bama fan, I should be shot for saying this: They don't deserve to be in. And that's no matter what Saban says.

I think Auburn beats any team in the USA right now. Including UGA again next Saturday. 

Will be interesting to see if Auburn can do it away from Jeeerdin-hare. That place is loud as hell.

I think 3 of 4 best teams are in the down on its heels SEC.

3 hours ago, 2slow said:

Clemson-miami, winner is in.  Yep

Then it gets fucked up with other three power fives. Not so much   If OK wins they go, if Wisconsin wins they go add them to the SEC and ACC champs and there you have it.  

Should be fun. Yep

Does 1 loss Bama get in above 2 loss conference champ? Nope

Should Harbaugh be fired? Mmmm... maybe

And I'm a USC fan so I'm not voting with my heart.

17 minutes ago, pbd said:

And I'm a USC fan so I'm not voting with my heart.

But what if TCU and tOSU both win?

13 minutes ago, 2slow said:

But what if TCU and tOSU both win?

That is where "It should be fun" comes into play.