• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
Grande Mastere Dreade

College Football 2017

All these years later the taint of Joe Paterno and Penn State still stinks enough to make Tennessee fans retch.  This just won't go away. Sad.

18 minutes ago, 2slow said:

All these years later the taint of Joe Paterno and Penn State still stinks enough to make Tennessee fans retch.  This just won't go away. Sad.

I doubt that had anything to do with it. We are talking about UT here. They’re undoubtedly soaking up the “They’s more pure at that age!” gibberish that’s going around. 

I’d say that Butch Jones and U of Cincinnati’s pasting of Schiano’s Rutgers played a bigger role, not to mention his stellar time with the Bucs. 

Word is that Mullen was heading to Knoxville as of yesterday morning. 

Would love to see what the letter of intent that was signed by Tennessee and Schiano said.  Are they going to owe him money?  He might have a case to sue.  His name has been hurt materially and I don't think any program would touch him with a ten yard pole after this.  

29 minutes ago, 2slow said:

Would love to see what the letter of intent that was signed by Tennessee and Schiano said.  Are they going to owe him money?  He might have a case to sue.  His name has been hurt materially and I don't think any program would touch him with a ten yard pole after this.  

I believe the approved descriptor of the times is "disaster".  

And yeah, Schiano may well have a case.  They ruined him.  

On 11/26/2017 at 11:12 AM, MisterMoon said:

As a Bama fan, I should be shot for saying this: They don't deserve to be in. And that's no matter what Saban says.

I think Auburn beats any team in the USA right now. Including UGA again next Saturday. 

On 11/26/2017 at 11:31 AM, 2slow said:

Will be interesting to see if Auburn can do it away from Jeeerdin-hare. That place is loud as hell.

I think 3 of 4 best teams are in the down on its heels SEC.

I by chance happened across that game

Thoughts "Lets see how a Real Ranking Team" does it

HA - HA - HA thought I was watching the chargers

HIKE ......................................... QB ... WTF was That ??

Next play Super HIKE ......................................... QB ... WTF  .. where did it go

HA - HA - HA

Hard to be Humble when yer #  I guess :rolleyes:

Auburn had their number, but it's hard to argue that Alabama is not a top 4 team.  Next weekend will be interesting to say the least.  Great year in College Football!  I hate them to the soul, but I figure the breaks will go Bama's way and they'll get in.  

Nice to see the Catholics get beat by the trees again.

Final four will be:

ACC Winner - regardless if MIA or CLEM

SEC Winner - regardless if UGA or AUB

Wisconsin if they win - Alabama if they dont

Oklahoma - even if they lose

Simply put, no chance the committee puts 3 SEC teams in the final 4 even if Clemson, Wisconsin, and Oklahoma lose.  But they will not put OSU (who lost to Oklahoma) or TCU in even if they both win.

MS

Tee Martin to Tenn.?

Squirrel, I absolutely do not think the SEC will get 3 teams in, just saying 3 of 4 best look like SEC teams, Vegas would agree.

My hope is Wisconsin wins, and OU wins along with Georgia 

3 hours ago, 2slow said:

Tee Martin to Tenn.?

Squirrel, I absolutely do not think the SEC will get 3 teams in, just saying 3 of 4 best look like SEC teams, Vegas would agree.

My hope is Wisconsin wins, and OU wins along with Georgia 

I think he would be the best choice for them.  Apparently, they are cool on Leach because he sued TT after his firing, over his guaranteed salary.  I assume that TT didn't pay because they fired him for cause, over locking Craig James' kid in a broom closet.  I get UT being uppity about people being in the closet and all...I kinda think he salary should have gone UP after that. Where is Craig James these days, btw? 

I guess Tee Martin has family ties to the program and he's been successful as an OC.  

I can see two SEC teams getting in, but I agree that 3 of the 4 best teams are from the SEC right now.  Rightfully, one of them will have an extra loss after Saturday, and can enjoy their nice trip to Tampa or Jacksonville (or the Sugar Bowl if that isn't part of the playoff this year) for their next game.

UT fans circulate petition calling for bringing Lane Kiffin back.  Thank you UT.  This should have been the most miserable college football season in memory, but not only have you made it bearable, you've made it downright fun.  Except for the part about undefeated GW left out of the top 4....

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tennessee-football/tennessee-fans-rush-sign-petition-calling-lane-kiffins-return-rocky-top/

Coach Mullen headed your way Sol, you've got a helluva classy guy there...pretty good hire for State to replace him...and painless too apparently...

16 minutes ago, Grabbler said:

Coach Mullen headed your way Sol, you've got a helluva classy guy there...pretty good hire for State to replace him...and painless too apparently...

He gets his teams to play hard, which is what was lacking for Florida this year, from the first minute of the Michigan game.  They just didn't care.  Sorry he poached so much of the coaching staff, but the new coach is going to want his people there anyway. Mullen knows the pressures of the Florida job, which are stupidly high. 

I hope someone picks up Randy Shannon.  He's a good coach and a good role model.  I'm kinda bummed that McElwain poached him from Arkansas, where he was rebuilding his career nicely.  He deserves better.  

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

He gets his teams to play hard, which is what was lacking for Florida this year, from the first minute of the Michigan game.  They just didn't care.  Sorry he poached so much of the coaching staff, but the new coach is going to want his people there anyway. Mullen knows the pressures of the Florida job, which are stupidly high. 

I hope someone picks up Randy Shannon.  He's a good coach and a good role model.  I'm kinda bummed that McElwain poached him from Arkansas, where he was rebuilding his career nicely.  He deserves better.  

Looks like FU is a basketball school now. Saw them play a week or two ago, effin' great. #7 ranking last time I looked. I guess they are still running on Donovan recruits but the guy they have now is doing a fine job with them. 

19 minutes ago, Mark K said:

Looks like UF is a basketball school now. Saw them play a week or two ago, effin' great. #7 ranking last time I looked. I guess they are still running on Donovan recruits but the guy they have now is doing a fine job with them. 

They're the defending baseball champs, and won in softball the year before....  That said...UF will remain a football school.  Mullen can keep the recruiting class together, and make it better, but mostly they needed someone who can develop a QB.  There is great talent on the roster, but it has not been developed, particularly at QB.  Franks is the same kid he was when he came to campus for the first time.  Mullen will develop either him or the five star that comes in next season (Matt Corral)...or Jake Allen, true freshman this year, who did not play.  He took his HS team to the state title game twice I think, won it once.  He left a starting qb slot at one school to go to the football power in town, where he was third on the depth chart to start camp.  He went through former Gator QB Eric Kresser's qb camp in the offseasons, so he already knows how to read defenses that he will see.  All he's ever done is improve and excel.  He'll be a redshirt freshman next year and nobody is paying any attention to him, but having watched Franks play, he could be the best QB currently on the roster....  

Mullen has developed Alex Smith, Tim Tebow, Cam Newton, Dak Prescott, and Nick Fitzgerald.  He'll develop one of those guys.  

6 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Even Kiffin is trolling UT.  

That is some funny shit right there.  UT may have to blackmail somebody to make them take the job now.  Shiano got jobbed by the loonies in Knoxville and now they are getting what they deserve.

MS

8 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Even Kiffin is trolling UT.  

My wife asked me last night what I wanted for Christmas.  I said a flag from my alumnus, the school with the 4th best record in the State Of Florida.

Hopefully no one will hire Kiffen.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Fat Point Jack said:

My wife asked me last night what I wanted for Christmas.  I said a flag from my alumnus, the school with the 4th best record in the State Of Florida.

Hopefully no one will hire Kiffen.

He’s done an outstanding job of turning that program around, making it relevant and getting people talking about it (and getting applications for admission up). It’s a bit early for him to leave though, I’d say. One more year. 

Tennessee might end up with Brady Hoke. Who is probably a better recruiter then coach. And a better recruiter then he gets credit for. His last recruiting class at Michigan was the Group that left Michigan last season. Including 11 guys drafted and a handful of guys picked up as free agents. 

7 hours ago, chinabald said:

Tennessee might end up with Brady Hoke. Who is probably a better recruiter then coach. And a better recruiter then he gets credit for. His last recruiting class at Michigan was the Group that left Michigan last season. Including 11 guys drafted and a handful of guys picked up as free agents. 

Sure he is a good recruiter but he is just terrible on the sideline during the game.

A great choice for Tinnisee.

Buh-bye Jimbo...don't let that door hit you in the ass...it's gonna get sore anyhow, welcome to the SEC West...

Hell of an American Conference championship game between UCF v Memphis.  The good news is you can spell "American Conference championship game between UCF v Memphis" without using D.

MS

33 minutes ago, Mr. Squirrel said:

Hell of an American Conference championship game between UCF v Memphis.  The good news is you can spell "American Conference championship game between UCF v Memphis" without using D.

MS

golf clap, (not the kind that Tiger gets when he goes out whoring).  Fun game to watch, but hard to pass on watching OU.  They're pretty clearly in the playoffs.  So Bama needs Wisconsin to lose to OSU.  What I don't get is UCF not even being in the conversation at 11-0.  

4 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

golf clap, (not the kind that Tiger gets when he goes out whoring).  Fun game to watch, but hard to pass on watching OU.  They're pretty clearly in the playoffs.  So Bama needs Wisconsin to lose to OSU.  What I don't get is UCF not even being in the conversation at 12 -0.  

Feexed...

So the playoffs ought to be Clemson vs Central Florida and OU vs Georgia 

fifth Bama

sixth Penn State

seventh USC

eighth. Auburn

Ninth syracuse

tenth Iowa

eleven Wisconsin  

12 Ohio State 

9 hours ago, 2slow said:

Clemson OSU in sugar bowl

And

Georgia Oklahoma in rosebowl

Good God do I fucking hate Paul Finebaum.  I think ALA is going to rue not playing yesterday.  Clem v OSU.  UGA v OU.  That will give Finebaum something to cry about for the next year.  Have I said how much I hate that guy?

MS

32 minutes ago, Mr. Squirrel said:

Good God do I fucking hate Paul Finebaum.  I think ALA is going to rue not playing yesterday.  Clem v OSU.  UGA v OU.  That will give Finebaum something to cry about for the next year.  Have I said how much I hate that guy?

MS

If anyone has watched the last couple of years of football and thinks tOSU is better than Bama they are blind.  OSU could not score on Clemson and this year is no different.  I fucking hate Bama, still no way to say they are not one of the best 4.  Vegas would take them over anyone on a neutral field except MAYBE Clemson.  

GO DAWGS!!!!!

23 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Uncle Luke on College Gameday.  The Canes must be relevant again.  

bryant_kelly_acctrophy2_1000-479.jpg

Clemson

Ga

Okla

(USC or OSU)   Conference championships mean more than losses, Sorry bama..  "it weeeellll not cut"

prefer USC,   CU vs USC v2,  Ga vs OU        

then  CU vs Ga      old time rivalry for sure....

1 hour ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

bryant_kelly_acctrophy2_1000-479.jpg

Clemson

Ga

Okla

(USC or OSU)   Conference championships mean more than losses, Sorry bama..  "it weeeellll not cut"

prefer USC,   CU vs USC v2,  Ga vs OU        

then  CU vs Ga      old time rivalry for sure....

"Not so fast my friend"...

39 minutes ago, vibroman said:

Oh my 

All SEC national championship?

Roll Tide

Indeed. RTR. 

Can UGA stop uber-douche Baker Mayfield? I hope so. I'd love a Bama-UGA-Saban-Kirby final in ATL. (Assuming Bama can get past Clemson, that is.) 

6 hours ago, MisterMoon said:

Indeed. RTR. 

Can UGA stop uber-douche Baker Mayfield? I hope so. I'd love a Bama-UGA-Saban-Kirby final in ATL. (Assuming Bama can get past Clemson, that is.) 

Somebody needs to throat punch that douche bag Mayfield.  He actually makes me want to root for UGA and I hate the SEC as much as Fienbaum likes sucking Saban's dick.  I just dont understand how you can lose your last game and move up in the rankings.

MS

11 hours ago, Mr. Squirrel said:

Somebody needs to throat punch that douche bag Mayfield.  He actually makes me want to root for UGA and I hate the SEC as much as Fienbaum likes sucking Saban's dick.  I just dont understand how you can lose your last game and move up in the rankings.

MS

Pretty simple...teams ahead of you in the rankings lose...and you don't have a shitstain of a 31 point thrashing at the hands of a 7-5 Iowa on your record...

someone elses's sentinments, but I concur..., these will hopefully be epic, and I want uga in the final..

2. Rose Bowl -- No. 3 Georgia vs. No. 2 Oklahoma -- Jan 1, 5 p.m.: Every year we hear about how Big 12 offenses wouldn't be as good against real defenses, and that SEC defenses never face real offenses. Well, here you go. And in a playoff semifinal no less. In the Rose Bowl, too. Oh my God, I cannot wait for this game.

1. Sugar Bowl -- No. 4 Alabama vs. No. 1 Clemson -- Jan 1, 8:45 p.m.: The rubber match! What would the College Football Playoff be without a game between Clemson and Alabama? Of course, this one isn't a title game, but it's for a title shot. 

The butthurt is strong in this one

I hate Bama, but now they are the favorite by Vegas.  That's all you need to know if you doubt they are one of 4 best.  I do hope Clemson destroys them though.

I am a Bama fan because I married a girl from Mobile and it's good for my marriage. If the Longhorns were capable of a winning record against Texas' best high school teams I'd be a Longhorn fan again, but these days it's just too aggravating. And goodness knows my alma mater (Vandy) isn't going to give me anything to cheer about. 

All that being said, I don't think Bama makes it past Klempson. They look like a shadow of the team they were two years ago. Should be some good football watching though!

Going to the SHSU Kennesaw State game Sat nite - saw SHSU play 2 games last year and they have an all star offense - the QB pretty impressive. Lot of bang for the buck and good seats in a smallish stadium.  Think really great HS ball but better.  Not the big "show" that FCS and the pros are now.  

5 hours ago, d'ranger said:

Going to the SHSU Kennesaw State game Sat nite - saw SHSU play 2 games last year and they have an all star offense - the QB pretty impressive. Lot of bang for the buck and good seats in a smallish stadium.  Think really great HS ball but better.  Not the big "show" that FCS and the pros are now.  

We’ll be watching for you on the TV. I’m a KSU alum and my son is a current student. Here’s hoping we see a lot of Plank on Saturday night.  Go Owls!

9 hours ago, MisterMoon said:

We’ll be watching for you on the TV. I’m a KSU alum and my son is a current student. Here’s hoping we see a lot of Plank on Saturday night.  Go Owls!

Am the old guy with the white hair.  Did some reading last night and KSU is tough - didn't realize they lost the first game and then won out including the team they lost to.  My sister and bil are SHSU alums so is a chance to see them and watch some great football.  Snowing in Houston this morning which is almost bizarre, been cold and raining for a couple of days but tomorrow evening should be perfect weather - Huntsville is an hour or so north of here.  Owls vs Bearcats (an imaginary creature btw). 

Meanwhile in D-II the local UWF Argonauts are headed to the National Championship game...in only their second season of playing football :)

On 12/11/2017 at 6:46 PM, Grabbler said:

Meanwhile in D-II the local UWF Argonauts are headed to the National Championship game...in only their second season of playing football :)

No shit?  That's awesome.  Good football from one end of the state to the other....  

I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms

No college ball this weekend, unless you count a handful of Nobody Cares bowls... but I'll probably watch anyway, just to get a "bump" to keep me going.

Sam Houston is playing North Dakota this weekend, ESPN2 - top offense vs top defense. ND has owned Sam last few years so maybe this time will be the charm.  Carson Wentz came from ND, the Sam qb could go pro.

On 12/14/2017 at 11:47 AM, d'ranger said:

Sam Houston is playing North Dakota this weekend, ESPN2 - top offense vs top defense. ND has owned Sam last few years so maybe this time will be the charm.  Carson Wentz came from ND, the Sam qb could go pro.

ESPN2 tonight at 8.  

Go Trojans! What a high scoring game! 80 total points. 

The Division II title game was fun.  Poor West Florida had their improbably run come to an end, after hanging with A&M Commerce for much of the game.  Their defense just could not stop Commerce.  

On 12/4/2017 at 10:39 PM, Gouvernail said:

But thevreal most important and compelling question...

will JBSF set us up with another fabulous pickem??? 

I wish!

Thank you for playing Yahoo Sports College Bowl Pick'em!

We will not be offering College Bowl Pick'em for the 2017 college football season. We thank you very much for playing our game over the years and hope you will continue to play our other fantasy games

OK Gov and the rest..... I found an ESPN Bowl Pickem.  I know some of the early games have already started, but try this:

Group Name:  SAILING ANARCHY 2017

PW:  #MeToo

Cut and paste the link above into your browser and then sign in.

I set it up with the usual confidence points.  The ESPN site is not quite as easy to use as the old Yahoo site was.  But simply make your pick of the winner of the game and then move each one to the desired confidence points line by clicking on the "MOVE" button and then clicking on the "HERE" button for where you want it to end up in terms of the confidence points.  Keep doing this until all your picks are on the number of confidence points you want.  As before, the more you are confident your pick will win, move it higher in the points.  If you think the game could go either way, move it down the points.  

The next bowl game is on Tuesday.  Get signed in and make your picks!!!

You're welcome gov.

anyone planning to watch SDSU V ARMY

They could play this game in a parking structure as much as they go to the air

I dont live in a Football town

we just play outside all year

I used to sneek into SDSU games when Don Coryell was on the helm

"That my Friends Waz Football"

Don Coryell

Donald David Coryell (October 17, 1924 – July 1, 2010) was an American football coach, who coached in the National Football League(NFL) first with the St. Louis Cardinals from 1973 to 1977 and then the San Diego Chargers from 1978 to 1986. He was well known for his innovations to football's passing offense. Coryell's offense was commonly known as "Air Coryell". Coryell was the first coach ever to win more than 100 games at both the collegiate and professional level. He was inducted into the San Diego Chargers Hall of Fame in 1986. Coryell is a member of the College Football Hall of Fame. The Professional Football Researchers Association named Coryell to the PRFA Hall of Very Good Class of 2010 [2]

Don Coryell
Don Coryell.jpg
Coryell, c. 1970
Sport(s) Football
Biographical details
Born October 17, 1924
Seattle
Died July 1, 2010 (aged 85)
La Mesa, California[1]
Alma mater Washington
Coaching career (HC unless noted)
1950 Washington (assistant)
1952 Farrington HS (HI)
1953–1954 UBC
1955 Wenatchee Valley College
1956 Fort Ord
1957–1959 Whittier
1960 USC (assistant)
1961–1972 San Diego State
1973–1977 St. Louis Cardinals
1978–1986 San Diego Chargers
Head coaching record
Overall 127–24–3 (college)
114–89–1 (NFL)
Tournaments 3–6 (NFL playoffs)
Accomplishments and honors
Awards
 Chargers Hall of Fame
San Diego Chargers 50th Anniversary Team
San Diego Chargers 40th Anniversary Team

2 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

Thank you!!!

Thank you!!!

Thank you!!!

Thank you!!!

Thank you!!!

Thank you!!!

Thank you!!!

Make sure to sign up.  The next game is tomorrow.

And you don't have to do ALL your picks by tomorrow.  Just the next game before it starts.

The rich get richer.  UGA about to sign best class in school history.

On another note, the Baker Mayfield Georgia ass kissing tour continues.  He pretty much has Dawgs fans and local media loving him after gushing about Hershel and UGA.  Kid is smart, zero bulletin board material coming from him.  

On Saturday the b inlaw, wife and 2nd chance law school senior came down for xmas lunch.  The b inlaw is an arrogant, asshole Florida Gator.

For some reason he had to exclaim that he bled orange and blue.

He then asked the kid if he bled orange and blue.  He responded with his unenthusiastic, yes sir.

He then asked his wife who is a USF grad and a Gator by marriage and family heritage.

She sighed with a yes.

My big chance, I piped up

I bleed Red, White and Blue and The Owls of The Florida Atlantic University play in a bowl game on Tuesday night.

Go Owls! 

11 hours ago, Fat Point Jack said:

On Saturday the b inlaw, wife and 2nd chance law school senior came down for xmas lunch.  The b inlaw is an arrogant, asshole Florida Gator.

He then asked the kid if he bled orange and blue.  He responded with his unenthusiastic, yes sir.

He then asked his wife who is a USF grad and a Gator by marriage and family heritage.

She sighed with a yes.

I bleed Red, White and Blue and The Owls of The Florida Atlantic University play in a bowl game on Tuesday night.

Go Owls! 

Is your BIL law by chance named Gayton?

18 hours ago, Fat Point Jack said:

She sighed with a yes.

Go Owls! 

FAU is in a great spot. That game was a 3+ hour recruiting ad. The Lane train is on track for ten years, which will help the school’s tight budget when some big fish has to pay the buyout in a year or two.

Briles is going to get poached soon. That offense is scary. 

On 12/19/2017 at 8:34 AM, 2slow said:

The rich get richer.  UGA about to sign best class in school history.

yeah, two schools , two hours apart, signing some of the best classes in the country,  other than Ohio State..

can you guys spare a running back?