• Announcements

    • Zapata

      Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

      Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
Grande Mastere Dreade

College Football 2017

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, 2slow said:

SEC is stinking up the bowl games so far.  

As is the pac 12. 

UGA’s big day is here. Gonna take a cold day in Hell to get me to pull for Georgia, but it is mid-30s and dropping here, with possible snow tomorrow night, so I reckon that’s close enough. I never did like that little chuck wagon team anyway and their song is annoying. 

Lets see an all-SEC Final. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was fantastic!  Funny thing, UGA was not ready for the speed of Oklahoma's offense, one thing nobody predicted.  UGA backs as are epic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

What a game. Bama or Clemson will bring better defense than that, for sure but holy crap what a game. 

those bama lineman looked like skid sleds out there, they were that big...  got our butt kicked

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

those bama lineman looked like skid sleds out there, they were that big...  got our butt kicked

 

They're on a mission this year.  They just wear teams down and take over late in the game.  I hope UGA can make a game of it, show that the SEC East is relevant and let someone other than Bama win, not to mention that UGA fans are overdue for a title, but I don't see it happening if Bama shows up like they did last night.  That team is Hangry.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, Bama is going to be tough, i don't expect Chubb and Sony to average 14 yards per carry.  

Even if we don' get past Bama this year it looks like Kirby has this coaching/recruiting thing down, Georgia going forward is monster.

 

All season UGA has owned the third quarter, having a coach who knows how to make adjustments is refreshing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, 2slow said:

Yeah, Bama is going to be tough, i don't expect Chubb and Sony to average 14 yards per carry.  

Even if we don' get past Bama this year it looks like Kirby has this coaching/recruiting thing down, Georgia going forward is monster.

 

All season UGA has owned the third quarter, having a coach who knows how to make adjustments is refreshing 

what you don't miss Richt? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

what you don't miss Richt? 

Good man, would love him to be my neighbor or kids high school teacher!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So.......Auburn beat both the Tide and Bulldogs then Central Florida who is undefeated whipped Auburn. Who will be the national champion? They have a point.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Point Break said:

So.......Auburn beat both the Tide and Bulldogs then Central Florida who is undefeated whipped Auburn. Who will be the national champion? They have a point.....

They do.  The now former coach put it best.  "But we just beat a team that beat two playoff teams and lost to another one by six points and we beat them by seven."

They plan to hang a banner.  http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2752189-ucf-will-hang-championship-banner-following-playoff-snub-perfect-season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok, this is getting a little ridiculous ,    helicopters flying to high schools, etc...     time to start telling coaches and alumn associations.. NO.. 

 

Quote

The top quarterback recruit will have a live tiger at his signing day ceremony if he commits to LSU. Grant Gunnell, the No. 1 pro-style quarterback in the 2019 class, has been committed to Texas A&M since last June. That hasn’t stopped Ed Orgeron from attempting to recruit him to LSU, though. The Tigers’ head […]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2018 at 9:42 PM, 2slow said:

Good man, would love him to be my neighbor or kids high school teacher!

I feel a bit silly for asking if you are going to the game...so I won't.  

Didja get decent seats?  

I hope the Dawgs win.  Y'all are due.  Watch out for guys rolling up on the backs of legs at the end of plays.  Keep the stars healthy and uncork that defense and anything can happen.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seats are $2500 bucks!  My wife would kill me.  I live a few miles from stadium, will probably tailgate then come back home and watch it on big TV with my sons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus. That’s a bit on the steep side. 

At the least, if UGA wins, they can counter the UCF argument with the fact that they too beat Auburn. The UCF folks are going overboard imo. Their argument should be that the system is farcical if it blocks out an undefeated team. I am sympathetic to that. The best team in the country?  An argument could be made, particularly if Bama wins the crown after failing to beat Auburn.  National Champion?  Not unless you win the big game under the bright lights. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

has anyone watched QB1?  It is the Peter Berg documentary from last year where he followed 3 senior in high school big time QBs.  Its good, the kid who went to Ohio State was a shithead and dumb as bricks.  Good to see Urban still knows how to pick em!  

Jake Fromm, Houston County Georgia, his coaches, friends, family and team mates came off well in the show, the others not so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2018 at 6:25 AM, Sol Rosenberg said:

What a game. Bama or Clemson will bring better defense than that, for sure but holy crap what a game. 

Yep, I just watched both Playoff games last night.  You have no idea how hard it was to stay away from the news.   The UGA-OU game was incredible and fun to watch.  But its a shame both teams left their defensive squads at home.  They must have forgotten to board the plane to Pasadena.  

I think the dawgs will be a different team against  Bamas' front line.  Chubb will be fun to watch though.

I love the all SEC final.  So cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2018 at 8:21 AM, Sol Rosenberg said:

Beautiful!  What a total dick!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Yep, I just watched both Playoff games last night.  You have no idea how hard it was to stay away from the news.   The UGA-OU game was incredible and fun to watch.  But its a shame both teams left their defensive squads at home.  They must have forgotten to board the plane to Pasadena.  

I think the dawgs will be a different team against  Bamas' front line.  Chubb will be fun to watch though.

I love the all SEC final.  So cool.

Welcome to @2slow's High Productivity Monday.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Welcome to @2slow's High Productivity Monday.  

Yeah, they cancelled school in Atlanta today, obstinsibly because of "the weather". It is 40F and drizzling.  Nobody getting anything done today!

Jeff, to counterpoint your claim no defense showed up to Rose bowl.  UGA D allowed one TD after halftime to the best O in nation, and that includes 2 overtimes.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2018 at 12:24 PM, Sol Rosenberg said:

They do.  The now former coach put it best.  "But we just beat a team that beat two playoff teams and lost to another one by six points and we beat them by seven."

They plan to hang a banner.  http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2752189-ucf-will-hang-championship-banner-following-playoff-snub-perfect-season

Sorry but the transitive property doesn't work for college football championships and it's silly to even suggest it. Using your argument, since LSU also beat auburn, and troy beat LSU and South Alabama beat Troy, then South Alabama is a better team than Auburn and therefore better than both alabama and georgia. UCF needs to quit whining and schedule some games against the big boys during the regular season .  Bowl games that don't count, don't count.

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone down here on the Alabama coast know how to watch the Ala-Ga game tonight without cable? I get a pretty good selection of channels over the air and sometimes one of the local stations picks up the SEC Channel or other ESPN channels but can't find anything for tonights championship game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, surf nazi said:

Sorry but the transitive property doesn't work for college football championships and it's silly to even suggest it. Using your argument, since LSU also beat auburn, and troy beat LSU and South Alabama beat Troy, then South Alabama is a better team than Auburn and therefore better than both alabama and georgia. UCF needs to quit whining and schedule some games against the big boys during the regular season .  Bowl games that don't count, don't count.

  

See post 424.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2018 at 9:43 AM, Sol Rosenberg said:

Jesus. That’s a bit on the steep side. 

At the least, if UGA wins, they can counter the UCF argument with the fact that they too beat Auburn. The UCF folks are going overboard imo. Their argument should be that the system is farcical if it blocks out an undefeated team. I am sympathetic to that. The best team in the country?  An argument could be made, particularly if Bama wins the crown after failing to beat Auburn.  National Champion?  Not unless you win the big game under the bright lights. 

You're still giving credence to the transitive property argument. It doesn't matter who beat auburn. UGA doesn't need to counter any UCF argument. The system isn't designed based on who has an undefeated season. the system tries to put the 4 best teams in a playoff.   No one  honestly believes that UCF was a top 4 team or even top 8 team . I am not sympathic to an undefeated team who didn't play any top teams and then wants to claim a national championship. Let them schedule auburn( or LSU or Clemson or Georgia or alabama  or ohio state) in a kick off classic . Then they can start talking.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rasputin22 said:

Anyone down here on the Alabama coast know how to watch the Ala-Ga game tonight without cable? I get a pretty good selection of channels over the air and sometimes one of the local stations picks up the SEC Channel or other ESPN channels but can't find anything for tonights championship game. 

Get free 7 day trial for YoutubeTV, Sling or Hulu. Cancel when the game is over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, surf nazi said:

You're still giving credence to the transitive property argument. It doesn't matter who beat auburn. UGA doesn't need to counter any UCF argument. The system isn't designed based on who has an undefeated season. the system tries to put the 4 best teams in a playoff.   No one  honestly believes that UCF was a top 4 team or even top 8 team . I am not sympathic to an undefeated team who didn't play any top teams and then wants to claim a national championship. Let them schedule auburn( or LSU or Clemson or Georgia or alabama  or ohio state) in a kick off classic . Then they can start talking.   

You are correct about the transitive.  And I acknowledge your opinion, and agree with some of it, and disagree with some of it.  Something tells me that Auburn won't be in a hurry to schedule them anytime soon.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rasputin22 said:

Anyone down here on the Alabama coast know how to watch the Ala-Ga game tonight without cable? I get a pretty good selection of channels over the air and sometimes one of the local stations picks up the SEC Channel or other ESPN channels but can't find anything for tonights championship game. 

Sign up for Free Trial of Sling TV via Amazon Prime

 

Roll Tide !!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys, I did the week trial of Hulu Live and am watching the warmup talking heads now. 

I went to Auburn but 'pulling' for Bama tonight. My Dad and Mom are Auburn grads but my Mom also got a degree later from Georgia. I think she took some summer courses at Clemson too but she is a Auburn fan. Hard for her to cheer for Bama tonight. 

Roll Tide! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a game.  

Notice how they kept talking about Alabama's motivation all year long coming from the previous year?  Yeah, we're gonna be hearing that shit about UGA all next season.  That's not a one year wonder.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

What a game.  

Notice how they kept talking about Alabama's motivation all year long coming from the previous year?  Yeah, we're gonna be hearing that shit about UGA all next season.  That's not a one year wonder.  

It appeared to be a 3-quarter wonder to this casual viewer...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

love to see a tape of the bama locker room at halftime...  Saban, DOES NOT like to lose,    great game,   had a good chuckle when the kicker missed the game winning field goal..   I didn't see any shots of Saban's face when that happened..  kicker is lucky they won the game..

so now that saban has tied bear, are all those bama fucktards going to ditch the houndstooth?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

love to see a tape of the bama locker room at halftime...  Saban, DOES NOT like to lose,    great game,   had a good chuckle when the kicker missed the game winning field goal..   I didn't see any shots of Saban's face when that happened..  kicker is lucky they won the game..

so now that saban has tied bear, are all those bama fucktards going to ditch the houndstooth?

 

According to my daughter (senior at UA), the students and younger alumni eschew houndstooth. It's really only old people and 'sidewalk alumni' who remember Bear's heyday that really go for the houndstooth. I think it will always be around, though. Saban is so bland that there's nothing about him personally that any one could  trademark or build a brand around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This loss is on Smart and OC and DC.  They totally fucked the dog in the 2nd half going super conservative with their play calling.  Run, Run, Poorly designed swing pass into the flat, punt. Run defence, Run defence, Rush 3, Repeat.  What those muppets did is criminal.

But it also doesnt hurt that the refs got a call from the NCAA at halftime they needed to square up the game a bit.  How the fuck 2 idiots from the Big 10 miss that facemask is a mystery.  Why the fuck that idiot Mekhi Brown was allowed to go back in the game is another mystery.  He threw a punch.  Fuck me!  I fucking HATE $aban and it pisses me off that UGA fucked this up.  How the FUCK do you get beat deep on 2nd and 26 in overtime??  The ALA QB kid played well, but the UGA coaches played scared in the 2nd half and pissed it away.

UGA may not recover from this.  Those kids played their asses off in the 1st half and their coaches cost them the game.

MS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Mr. Squirrel said:

 How the FUCK do you get beat deep on 2nd and 26 in overtime?? 

I think the corner thought he had deep safety help and was playing the shorter route tight. Safety was late getting over. It did look like the QB froze the Safety for just long enough because he was looking at a deep developing route on the other side. It was a pretty good play call with good execution against a D that looked to be man with the Safety sitting in the middle with deep ball responsibility on both sides....stuck in middle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be interesting who wins the starting QB job for Alabama next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When people ask me why I am so fervent about college football and somewhat lackadaisical about pro football...  I'll just point them to last night's game... 

Yes, the Patriot's Superbowl comeback last year was something...  but.....Awesome game... even Mrs. Nacra enjoyed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr. Squirrel said:

This loss is on Smart and OC and DC.  They totally fucked the dog in the 2nd half going super conservative with their play calling.  Run, Run, Poorly designed swing pass into the flat, punt. Run defence, Run defence, Rush 3, Repeat.  What those muppets did is criminal.

But it also doesnt hurt that the refs got a call from the NCAA at halftime they needed to square up the game a bit.  How the fuck 2 idiots from the Big 10 miss that facemask is a mystery.  Why the fuck that idiot Mekhi Brown was allowed to go back in the game is another mystery.  He threw a punch.  Fuck me!  I fucking HATE $aban and it pisses me off that UGA fucked this up.  How the FUCK do you get beat deep on 2nd and 26 in overtime??  The ALA QB kid played well, but the UGA coaches played scared in the 2nd half and pissed it away.

UGA may not recover from this.  Those kids played their asses off in the 1st half and their coaches cost them the game.

MS

Georgia will be just fine, it was a great year- they were playing with house money since SEC championship game.  

 

Hate to bitch about refs but that was silly.  You forget to mention blocked punt where dawg was called offsides, two Bama players jumped early. 

 

 

I don' think there is any question who QB at Bama will be next year.  There will be zero qb controversy.

 

Eason transferring to Washington

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MisterMoon said:

According to my daughter (senior at UA), the students and younger alumni eschew houndstooth. It's really only old people and 'sidewalk alumni' who remember Bear's heyday that really go for the houndstooth. I think it will always be around, though. Saban is so bland that there's nothing about him personally that any one could  trademark or build a brand around. 

elevator shoes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MisterMoon said:

According to my daughter (senior at UA), the students and younger alumni eschew houndstooth. It's really only old people and 'sidewalk alumni' who remember Bear's heyday that really go for the houndstooth. I think it will always be around, though. Saban is so bland that there's nothing about him personally that any one could  trademark or build a brand around. 

Don't be silly! Who ever heard of bland BBQ sauce?

Image result for saban bbq sauce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MisterMoon said:

Saban is so bland that there's nothing about him personally that any one could  trademark or build a brand around. 

He could probably get a lucrative endorsement contract with Paul Mitchell hair products

 

MS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Point Break said:

So Jaylan Hunt is a sophomore..........the new hero is a true freshman. Who will have to transfer next year.......?

Hurts to say but bye bye Jalen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, pbd said:

Hurts to say but bye bye Jalen 

same thing with Kelly Bryant, we have the #1 qb from ohio, is a soph,  #1 qb in the country , will be freshman..  also in the stack a very talented qb from SC soph, and fla td record holder jr..       the kid from fla, tucker isreal, was out all last year for a medical condition that no one will disclose..  I see him transfering ..  fans are already talking about KB switching to WR, where he might be a good slot receiver, but i have no idea if he can catch a ball..   

 

"it's nice to be king"

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HOLY SHIT!  I just watched the game.  Epic!  

I hope the entire Bama cheerleading squad AND the Baton girls all lined up afterwards to give Tua and Nick sequential Blowjobs.  Amazing performance!  Saban had huge balls to put an untested Frosh in the big game.  And then Tua delivered.  The poor kid's look on his face afterwards shows he still had no idea what he had just accomplished.  It hadn't set in yet.  I hope he got laid that night.... and not with just the Hawaiian kind.  

WOW!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2018 at 10:47 AM, Mr. Squirrel said:

This loss is on Smart and OC and DC.  They totally fucked the dog in the 2nd half going super conservative with their play calling.  Run, Run, Poorly designed swing pass into the flat, punt. Run defence, Run defence, Rush 3, Repeat.  What those muppets did is criminal.

But it also doesnt hurt that the refs got a call from the NCAA at halftime they needed to square up the game a bit.  How the fuck 2 idiots from the Big 10 miss that facemask is a mystery.  Why the fuck that idiot Mekhi Brown was allowed to go back in the game is another mystery.  He threw a punch.  Fuck me!  I fucking HATE $aban and it pisses me off that UGA fucked this up.  How the FUCK do you get beat deep on 2nd and 26 in overtime??  The ALA QB kid played well, but the UGA coaches played scared in the 2nd half and pissed it away.

UGA may not recover from this.  Those kids played their asses off in the 1st half and their coaches cost them the game.

MS

What ? the refs missed some calls ? Guess what, refs miss calls every game. Holding could be called on every play. Calls even out. During the regular season, alabama's opponents were the least penalized teams in college football. In all the playoff games, the refs did a good job in letting the players decide the game rather than the refs. I'd rather they missed some calls rather than make too many. The best team won. The loss is not on the georgia coaches. it was an incredibly close game between two very similar teams (except that alabama doesn't have a kicker). 

While they may win the east next year, Georgia loses i think 31 seniors as well as their best player Roquan Smith leaving only 3 starters on D. Offense looks good but defense will be much weaker without that #3 dude. He was the best player on the field monday night. The tide with a good quarterback instead of a game manager is going to be pretty scary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: Georgia's kicker -- Rodrigo went to high school at my old alma mater, about five miles from here. We saw him play two years ago in a HS game and it was pretty evident he was something special. You never see HS coaches electing to go for three when it's 40+ yards, but with Rodrigo they did every time. We were amazed. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, doghouse said:

Roll Tide you clowns.

Hahahahaha!...knew you couldn't resist stickin' your fuckin' nose in here...my State kids were sooooo fuckin' close to stopping your season...:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Grabbler said:

Hahahahaha!...knew you couldn't resist stickin' your fuckin' nose in here...my State kids were sooooo fuckin' close to stopping your season...:lol:

;) Couldn't help a little drive by shit talking.

 

You fellas got a good coach lined up, lookong forward to seeing what he can do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Going down to the wire, Christian Wilkins completed the quartet of returning starting Clemson defensive lineman Monday by opting to forgo the NFL draft and return for his senior season.

Wilkins, a two-time first-team All-American, joins draft-eligible defensive ends Austin Bryant (rising senior) and Clelin Ferrell (rising redshirt junior) in opting to return, as well as rising junior starting defensive tackle Dexter Lawrence, in a bid for a second national title in their time with the Tigers.

sweet, our whole defense is coming back, plus we picked up a bunch of talented kids.  we are loaded up and hunting for bear next year..  now to get the qb issue settled..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2018 at 10:18 AM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

sweet, our whole defense is coming back, plus we picked up a bunch of talented kids.  we are loaded up and hunting for bear next year..  now to get the qb issue settled..

well one qb gone, zack cooper, good kid,  would be a good pickup for a team needing a qb...     Cleveland anyone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this