• Announcements

    • Zapata

      Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

      Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
plywoodboy

2017 Australian Multihull Championships

Recommended Posts

The ink is just dry but the latest is:

 

St Helena Cup weekend Sep 30 / Oct 1 curtain-raiser/ pseudo-invitation/ something good to watch, with big fleets of all types of boats. Wynnum Manly Yacht Club

Oct 2- Oct 6 Nationals at RQYS with layday wed 4th. Big WAGS fleet on Wednesday layday, all boats welcome to do that.

Berthing tba but should be at RQYS. Camping on the luxurious grass at RQYS available, as well as the motel on site.

 

Seeyathere!

 

Peter

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice work Mr Hackett. Dates are locked in the diary and serious work has begun on the new pocket rocket.

The second fastest Div 2 machine is now available for this event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Pimping here)

"So you are selling your very fast Sprint 750 Triple A Racing with all new sails, halyards, trailer regalv, John? Wow, what a deal!!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Pimping here)

"So you are selling your very fast Sprint 750 Triple A Racing with all new sails, halyards, trailer regalv, John? Wow, what a deal!!"

Would love to be sailing against it at the best regatta of the year Oct 2 - 6 RQYS. Not to mention a warm up at St Helena Cup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Peter, I'm from the States, forgive my ignorance, but is the racing location in the Sydney Harbor area, across from Manly?

 

I've been to the Double Bay Sailing Club and taken the ferry to Manly (rented bikes and rode up to the cliffs), is that where the regatta will be hosted?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice work Pete :-)

so wish I was going to be in the country to come and play :-(

O well, next year ...

@ Tboned - ignorance forgiven, easy mistake for one over the oceans, especially for ... (could insert 'president' comment here, but way too easy a mark)

 

At least I'm getting down to Sussex Inlet regatta this weekend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be there, now need to round up some more div 3 boats to play with.

There's a nice competitive Ostac in Bundaberg that goes to all the local regattas. Send me a pm and I'll give you his contact details so you can work on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

 

The ink is just dry but the latest is:

 

St Helena Cup weekend Sep 30 / Oct 1 curtain-raiser/ pseudo-invitation/ something good to watch, with big fleets of all types of boats. Wynnum Manly Yacht Club

Oct 2- Oct 6 Nationals at RQYS with layday wed 4th. Big WAGS fleet on Wednesday layday, all boats welcome to do that.

Berthing tba but should be at RQYS. Camping on the luxurious grass at RQYS available, as well as the motel on site.

 

Seeyathere!

 

Peter

 

Looks like a plan ,,,I'm in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

When are Qld school holidays?

 

Sept 15-Oct 2

So the kids can't sail in the nationals Rob?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

When are Qld school holidays?

Sept 15-Oct 2

So the kids can't sail in the nationals Rob?

 

 

Unfortunately not. I have been giving them stick for how slowly they sail the 29er, so yesterday went out with Katy to show her how it is done. Capsized before we left the beach, tacks were a mess, kite hoist not much better, flew downwind, but all over the ocean and finally hit the bottom and Katy gunwhale walked and went through the jib. All of which were directly attributable to the clown on the handlebars. Day ended with me eating a large portion of humble pie.

 

If BL is still in one piece in October, you are welcome for the Nats and St Helena, if they let us enter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

When are Qld school holidays?

 

Sept 15-Oct 2

So the kids can't sail in the nationals Rob?

Unfortunately not. I have been giving them stick for how slowly they sail the 29er, so yesterday went out with Katy to show her how it is done. Capsized before we left the beach, tacks were a mess, kite hoist not much better, flew downwind, but all over the ocean and finally hit the bottom and Katy gunwhale walked and went through the jib. All of which were directly attributable to the clown on the handlebars. Day ended with me eating a large portion of humble pie.

 

If BL is still in one piece in October, you are welcome for the Nats and St Helena, if they let us enter.

Or just sail around the course keeping out of the way if not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Plywoodboy. Sorry to interrupt your time wandering around Great Britain drooling over rotting old boats. 

RQYS have just published their sailing calendar of events for the 2017/18 season and there is no mention of the Multihull Nationals. 

Any idea what gives? The F22 is almost jumping off the trailer with excitement but is there anywhere to sail. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WetnWild said:

Hey Plywoodboy. Sorry to interrupt your time wandering around Great Britain drooling over rotting old boats. 

RQYS have just published their sailing calendar of events for the 2017/18 season and there is no mention of the Multihull Nationals. 

Any idea what gives? The F22 is almost jumping off the trailer with excitement but is there anywhere to sail. 

Are you doing the Winter series at QCYC?

MATRIX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pathsky said:

Are you doing the Winter series at QCYC?

MATRIX

No except maybe passage race 24 June. 

Plan is Wivenhoe regatta 10/11 June rerun of Pearl Challenge 17 June then OS early July. Back for Nats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, WetnWild said:

Hey Plywoodboy. Sorry to interrupt your time wandering around Great Britain drooling over rotting old boats. 

RQYS have just published their sailing calendar of events for the 2017/18 season and there is no mention of the Multihull Nationals. 

Any idea what gives? The F22 is almost jumping off the trailer with excitement but is there anywhere to sail. 

Ive booked my leave,  I hope its happening, is there any other info, NOR etc coming soon?

W&W which F22 do you have?, a bit of a learning curve from the old boat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, WetnWild said:

Hey Plywoodboy. Sorry to interrupt your time wandering around Great Britain drooling over rotting old boats. 

RQYS have just published their sailing calendar of events for the 2017/18 season and there is no mention of the Multihull Nationals. 

Any idea what gives? The F22 is almost jumping off the trailer with excitement but is there anywhere to sail. 

Rq is all sorted, get your new big rig up.

Glasgow today, and no rotten wood so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, plywoodboy said:

Rq is all sorted, get your new big rig up.

Glasgow today, and no rotten wood so far.

Good to hear. 

No big rig for me.  Cyclone ordered for October. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, honestjohn said:

Ive booked my leave,  I hope its happening, is there any other info, NOR etc coming soon?

W&W which F22 do you have?, a bit of a learning curve from the old boat.

 

Reckon the NOR will appear when PWB gets sick of wandering around the old dart. 

New plan built boat from Dean Snow. Beautiful build. 

Cruising version and slower than the Sprint but comfy beds below. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, WetnWild said:

Reckon the NOR will appear when PWB gets sick of wandering around the old dart. 

New plan built boat from Dean Snow. Beautiful build. 

Cruising version and slower than the Sprint but comfy beds below. 

yes, put in your wind order now, level the playing field a bit.  I'm up for a blow, still getting my new mast tuned in, but ready for battle!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28 May 2017 at 5:01 AM, WetnWild said:

Reckon the NOR will appear when PWB gets sick of wandering around the old dart. 

New plan built boat from Dean Snow. Beautiful build. 

Cruising version and slower than the Sprint but comfy beds below. 

I've seen your boat Dean is a farrier whisperer. Looking forward to seeing it sailing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a delight to sail. Steers beautifully and really comes alive in breeze. Seriously underpowered upwind in lighter breeze from the cruising rig. But I'll work on that over the next couple of years. 

Seeya in October?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I might  be able to get another production F22 back from Europe in time for nationals....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, plywoodboy said:

And I might  be able to get another production F22 back from Europe in time for nationals....

Good work. Sounds like you're not just wasting your time sitting in pubs drinking tepid beer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here we go!

The Australian Multihull Championships are now just over a month away and preparations for the event are well under way by MYCQ and RQYS committees to make this an enjoyable and exciting series for all types of multihulls. The Notice of Race (NOR) was previously posted almost 4 weeks ago. The facilities at Royal Queensland YS are first class with marina berths available {free of charge for trailables), Manly Marina Cove Motel accommodation or camping, a restaurant, all on the RQ grounds, and the Manly Harbour Village nearby providing additional accommodation and cafes/restaurants making your experience enjoyable for family and friends.  

http://www.rqys.com.au/about/our-locations/manly/on-site-accommodation/

 

The link for all entries is below, easy to complete and you can look up who else you will be competing against, so sign up today and tell your other multihull owner friends that this is an event not to miss for all comers.  

https://www.topyacht.com.au/db/aus/entry_menu.php?EventID=809

 

Sailing instructions will be made available shortly.

 

MYCQ Race Committee

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey guys,

I'm still annoyed at the sucky timing of my OS trip causing me to miss this nats, but I read elsewhere that Viccy-land are hosting the next ones (2018) in Jan!!

So we end up with 2 nats in one season??? This is silly.

Plus, I sort of understood with the absence of a functioning association that the general understanding the next one was going to back at Wangi??

Am I so far out of the loop??

Are we going to have 2 national titles within 3 months of each other? 

Pretty obviously the Vics and SA guys are not going to generally travel to Qld and the notherneers head south within such a small timespan.

If this is all true and I am not a complete idiot (watch it Hackett), then this is a great way to kill a 'class'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I posted the below comment on the 2018 thread,i think it fits here too,

It happened a few years ago too. The time and $ commitment to attend both is under consideration by the minister for war and finance here at the moment,apparently I'm not allowed to have too much fun each year. From my place its about the same distance to each, so I cant use that to split the decision. Its clear the YA are going to continue to push for a Nationals(and a National governing body) vs. our casual arrangement through our non association, which although it has worked for years, gives us no national profile for the YA to address this issue with. I think we are victims of our own apathy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a long thread on this very topic a couple of years ago when the same thing happened.

My recollection is that those in the multihull community just ignored the Sailing Australia version and still did the usual regatta. Also SA version was not "backed" by any of the "multihull organisations".

However, this time the SA version seems to have the backing of MYCV and maybe South Aust.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, i was loosely involved with kicking the can to get a proper national ass happening to prevent this rubbish repeating, and a few knowledgable/motivated  peeps started to run with it - but not enough and the general apathy just set in again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad you are coming Gnome! Looking forward to seeing you on the water at least on the starting line!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, plywoodboy said:

Glad you are coming Gnome! Looking forward to seeing you on the water at least on the starting line!

 

That hurts!

:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You read it wrong. I only saw you at the starts at Wangi and you quickly left us all behind. Brisvegas should be no different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, plywoodboy said:

You read it wrong. I only saw you at the starts at Wangi and you quickly left us all behind. Brisvegas should be no different.

OK I'll forgive you this time :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not many entries compared to previous nationals at Wangi. I can't believe the Nats were organised the same time as the Crowther regatta on Pittwater, which is held the same time every year for the past 20 or so. It seems to me (as an ex NSW boy) it's a bit of Queensland ignorance and/or lack of respect for the Crowther regatta. Lock Crowther was and still is Australia's, if not the worlds greatest multihull designer who also sailed and raced his own designs and own boats. I wonder if he's up there smiling at the Queenslanders from his post over Pittwater. :-) 

At this point the Crowther regatta has a few more entries than the Nationals.  C'mon surely the organisers of the Nationals could have looked at the sailing calendar outside of Queensland. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah the clashes are hard to control when our club MYCQ had to work within RQYS vacant timeslots. Don't know if LCMR has been going as long as stated but it has clashed often with St Helena Cup which has been around for longer and nobody suggested then that there was any NSW " ignorance and/or lack of respect" when LCMR appeared. Our guys seemed to think it would be good for numbers to attach the St Helena Cup as pseudo invitation races to the nationals. There is also the Hervey Bay Whale City Regatta on at the same time and growing in recent years.

Of bigger concern is the 2018 Australian Yachting Championships to incorporate National Multihull Regatta which our national yachting body has again dropped in the soup at the end of January in the way the Hammo series landed 2 years ago. It will be a 3 day series for the locals IMHO.

Yes, we do need a national body. Square top for president.

 

Peter   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, plywoodboy said:

Yeah the clashes are hard to control when our club MYCQ had to work within RQYS vacant timeslots. Don't know if LCMR has been going as long as stated but it has clashed often with St Helena Cup which has been around for longer and nobody suggested then that there was any NSW " ignorance and/or lack of respect" when LCMR appeared. Our guys seemed to think it would be good for numbers to attach the St Helena Cup as pseudo invitation races to the nationals. There is also the Hervey Bay Whale City Regatta on at the same time and growing in recent years.

Of bigger concern is the 2018 Australian Yachting Championships to incorporate National Multihull Regatta which our national yachting body has again dropped in the soup at the end of January in the way the Hammo series landed 2 years ago. It will be a 3 day series for the locals IMHO.

Yes, we do need a national body. Square top for president.

 

Peter   

 

Yep we southerners did point out at the time the proposed clash with the Crowther which will be hosted by RMYC Pittwater for the 22nd consecutive year over the October long weekend as has always been the tradition. Special guests at the celebration prizegiving dinner as always are members of Lock's family. We shall enjoy.

Cheers

Alan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I'm torn between five different regattas on that October weekend all of which have been held long term with extensive traditions. I have attended four of them in the past and would love to make the LCR at some stage in the future. I don't think any of them is trying to take the oxygen from any of the others. It's simply a case of a long weekend being available early in the sailing season for sailing organisations to utilise. We also have a lot of trailerable  boats with people willing to travel to regattas. Spoiled for choice really. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, firstly, I don't think we will do ourselves many favours if, like a flock of seagulls squabbling over a few hot chips, we are bickering over numbers of attendees in what seems to be a generally current low attendance period in Multihull yacht racing in Oz. There seems to be a bigger picture issue to address. 

But I will say that IMO the unfortunate position that the earlier organisers of this year's Nationals took in regard to the scheduling was not helpful and may well contribute to lower numbers attending both Nationals and LCMR.

I, for one, would likely to have attended both if both were held at seperate times. Or maybe it's made buggerall difference. 

LCMR has been a great success for multihull sailing in this part of the world for the past 21 or so years since the unfortunate and premature passing of Lock Crowther with numbers of multihull yachts attending rarely below mid twenties and for many boats it's the only Regatta they enter. Seems to attract both racers and cruisers which is pretty cool. St Helens Cup has also been popular for a long time and I would love to be able to attend that. 

However, Plywood, I think it's stretching a long bow to suggest that the traditional clash of dates of LCMR and St Helens Cup justifies putting the Nationals on at that time as well.

Hopefully that mistake won't happen again and I wonder if a properly organised state and national class asssociation would have helped with that. 

And on that topic, and back to the bigger issue of the number of 'hot chips' available, (and these are casual observations and collating numbers to be factual would be helpful), I think many sports or areas of some sports especially multihull racing seem to be going through a low ebb in their cycle at the moment.

I don't really need to give too many examples to make the point but generally; the numbers attending multihull club racing around Australia, B2G, Pittwater Coffs, short handed series, Airlie, Magnetic, SOMR and possibly, but hopefully not but likely, the 2017 Nationals and LCMR entries seems to support that view. 

How have Bay to Bay and Surf to City numbers been going? 

Hammo is an interesting case in that buggerall boats (5) entered in the racing div yet the cruising div was hugely popular (33).

Mind you, multihull racing in Kings Cup seems well attended. What about other OS multihull racing? Eg Europe and North America. 

I don't think foiling cats and multis in the AC, despite how cool they were to watch, made much difference to attendance numbers in general multihull sailing. And I don't think foiling monos (if that's what will happen) will make much difference to general mono numbers either. Yet will probably be spectacular too. Side show circus' both. But AC is going quite strong really where it could have died probably if kept in sluggish dull monos. Eg Admiral's cup.

Yet some classes of sailing racing (mono and multi) are going gangbusters. Revivals of previously low numbered classes and also emergence of new classes.

 It's a curious thing.  It would be interesting to collate numbers on that and try to work out what could/should be done to boost multihull yacht racing numbers.

There are interesting things to consider when it comes to attendance numbers include the enthusiasm and the effectiveness of who is promoting and supporting a class. This, I suspect, is the greatest influence of all. 

You know, that magic mix of ingredients that fires up enthusiasm that makes people to want to take part. Making it desirable.  

Also other conderations include, are there too many classes and options?,  the impact of the modern era of communications (such as SA!) and the diminishing role of traditional magazines, online magazines and websites and accessing information and the impact of social media, the economy, insurance, cycles of ebbs and flows of established classes and boats and emergence of new classes and boats eg  Admirals cup, Syd-Hob, Pittwater- Lord Howe, 12, 13 14, 16 18 foot skiffs, Farr 40, Sydney 38, Lasers, trailerable multis, moths, America's cup, how well various individual local clubs are going ie some are killing it, some not so much, kiddie wink classes such as BIC Open, sabots, flying 11 etc, Oppies also ORMA 60/MOD70, G /Ultime Class, Imoca 60, B2G. Off the beach cats, sailboarding, Olympic classes. Etchells, sports trailerable monos class doesn't seem to be huge, yet J-70 looked huge. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's still time to enter the biggest nationals for some time.  Entries are already more than last year and seem to be the best for a while  

if you need measuring or a berth contact the organisers ASAP. The longer you leave it the more beers it will cost.

Seeya there  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, WetnWild said:

There's still time to enter the biggest nationals for some time.  Entries are already more than last year and seem to be the best for a while  

if you need measuring or a berth contact the organisers ASAP. The longer you leave it the more beers it will cost.

Seeya there  

 

I'm not going to make it, I have family health issues, cant get away unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, honestjohn said:

I'm not going to make it, I have family health issues, cant get away unfortunately.

Ah sorry to hear that. Hope things improve. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With boats coming out of the woodwork last minute, the series is looking good with a nice weather pattern of 15 to 20 knot northerlies established all week and hopefully continuing through from the St Helena Cup this weekend to the series starting next Monday Oct 2. Exciting to hear 3 Pulse 600's coming.

Measuring and weighing boats on last Friday was almost fun with the new remote readout load cell purchased by MYCQ and the 4 point sling driven by our officials and a crane operator who actually knows boats. Needless to say the club is retaining the crane operator. The cell is going to get a good test again this Friday, and after that will be available for timetabled days in Brisbane as well as being shipped around the country to any big events and timetabled days interstate. This has got to be a big step forward for all of us, and will take the guesswork out of an important part of our rating system.

And the old 075 Assassin, now Time Machine, is looking pretty hot. Spies report some hectic training on the bay last week with rockstars sweating on the winches (no bicycles yet although Matty Von does like spinning a wheel.

If any of you are around this week and want an unpaid volunteer day up close and personal to the action, our photo girls have the DPSS RIB but no driver for up to 3 days. PM me direct if you can help or 0438695943.

 

Peter H       

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, plywoodboy said:

With boats coming out of the woodwork last minute, the series is looking good with a nice weather pattern of 15 to 20 knot northerlies established all week and hopefully continuing through from the St Helena Cup this weekend to the series starting next Monday Oct 2. Exciting to hear 3 Pulse 600's coming.

Measuring and weighing boats on last Friday was almost fun with the new remote readout load cell purchased by MYCQ and the 4 point sling driven by our officials and a crane operator who actually knows boats. Needless to say the club is retaining the crane operator. The cell is going to get a good test again this Friday, and after that will be available for timetabled days in Brisbane as well as being shipped around the country to any big events and timetabled days interstate. This has got to be a big step forward for all of us, and will take the guesswork out of an important part of our rating system.

And the old 075 Assassin, now Time Machine, is looking pretty hot. Spies report some hectic training on the bay last week with rockstars sweating on the winches (no bicycles yet although Matty Von does like spinning a wheel.

If any of you are around this week and want an unpaid volunteer day up close and personal to the action, our photo girls have the DPSS RIB but no driver for up to 3 days. PM me direct if you can help or 0438695943.

 

Peter H       

DO you have to book in for weighing next Friday and is there a cost?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

very competitive fleet.

Not much chance of a cruiser beating the beach cats unless we get 20+

Still should be a great week.... and weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad you got back from the deep north bro, starting to worry about you.

Would you believe the nominations are still coming in....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ulman Sails ( Mad Max) has taken line honours in the first race. Should be some interesting chat at the bar tonight. Look forward to seeing the results. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plenty of pics floating around on Facebook particularly from St Helena Cup. Yesterday's first heat was a bit tough on photographers but same we're done from a beach. Try MYCQ Facebook. 

Peter Baker showed videos of starts yesterday and a long on board from Ullman Sails. Not sure where it's available. 

Stories were abundant in the bar last night and some even got awards. Sorry, you had to be there!

Here are a couple of photos. 

image.thumb.jpeg.86b77554a956aabe21df724585de5c2f.jpeg

image.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

keep em coming please

food for the hungry for those who are stuck on the other side of the globe - I'm having a f/book break atm, so this is goood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, WetnWild said:

Plenty of pics floating around on Facebook particularly from St Helena Cup. Yesterday's first heat was a bit tough on photographers but same we're done from a beach. Try MYCQ Facebook. 

Peter Baker showed videos of starts yesterday and a long on board from Ullman Sails. Not sure where it's available. 

Stories were abundant in the bar last night and some even got awards. Sorry, you had to be there!

Here are a couple of photos. 

image.thumb.jpeg.86b77554a956aabe21df724585de5c2f.jpeg

image.jpeg

looking good boys, just need an extra 15kts now to give the little rig a kick along. What happened to the pulse 600's?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 3 Pulse are sitting in the boatpark. It's a real shame as we wanted to see how they go. Couldn't get anyone to sail them I believe. Maybe they'll race one day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, WetnWild said:

The 3 Pulse are sitting in the boatpark. It's a real shame as we wanted to see how they go. Couldn't get anyone to sail them I believe. Maybe they'll race one day. 

please tell  me you are kidding ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, WetnWild said:

The 3 Pulse are sitting in the boatpark. It's a real shame as we wanted to see how they go. Couldn't get anyone to sail them I believe. Maybe they'll race one day. 

Something funny with those Pulses, never get out where the believers can see them, Invisible to cameras in anything over 10 kts of wind, the internet is totally empty of anything but Corsair sales hype, no real useful info. Someone should lend me one,i'll sort it out,with my GoPro's on!  I"m sort of half interested in buying one, especially the cheaper one for sale now on boat sales. Still waiting to see or hear what they can do.  Is the Dealer reading this??!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some pix of BIG MONDAY for the viewers. Fresh wind passage race (after a great St Helena Cup where most of us flogged all of the the biggest monohulls on Sunday) and then Tuesday was 2 soft windward leewards. Layday fixup day for us today.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FRQYS.Manly%2Fposts%2F10154945409236680&width=500" width="500" height="690" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

https://www.facebook.com/RQYS.Manly/?hc_ref=ARRGlBqO7IYhpTOSPGbdIFauDu9YRCkgRwpVmHZlC-EKoej6affLgsFRWoaqHbDky3I

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, WetnWild said:

The 3 Pulse are sitting in the boatpark. It's a real shame as we wanted to see how they go. Couldn't get anyone to sail them I believe. Maybe they'll race one day. 

 

Of the 3 Pulse, the blue one with signage is owned (demo boat) by Multihull Central CEO and comes out every now and then for a bash around the harbour or Local NSW races.  The red one I believe is a demo boat for Multihull Central QLD.  The other blue boat (V20) was owned by a Victorian who moved overseas. It is listed with Multihull Central for sale.

Hopefully the owner of the Multihull Central boat can be talked into coming down to Vic for the 2018 Nationals or Geelong Race Week..... I'll be happy to send one :P

IMG_0907.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Tornado_ALIVE said:

 

Of the 3 Pulse, the blue one with signage is owned (demo boat) by Multihull Central CEO and comes out every now and then for a bash around the harbour or Local NSW races.  The red one I believe is a demo boat for Multihull Central QLD.  The other blue boat (V20) was owned by a Victorian who moved overseas. It is listed with Multihull Central for sale.

Hopefully the owner of the Multihull Central boat can be talked into coming down to Vic for the 2018 Nationals or Geelong Race Week..... I'll be happy to send one :P

IMG_0907.PNG

Yes I drove past them a couple of times today. It's astounding that no one has actually bought one after all this time and sailed it in anything significant. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, WetnWild said:

Yes I drove past them a couple of times today. It's astounding that no one has actually bought one after all this time and sailed it in anything significant. 

 

 

the blue demo boat with the signage is actually currently listed for sale too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, LionIsland said:

Not sure,Alan, but there's another Nationals in 3 months time if your keen. Might have to pull out my OUI OUI!!

check out the spelling of "Multihull", in the original post, Lionisland, it will make more sense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see 3 Diam 24s racing. Good to see them up the front in the results and close together in the results. 

Hope to see these 3 and maybe more at Sandringham in January. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, paulnudd said:

Good to see 3 Diam 24s racing. Good to see them up the front in the results and close together in the results. 

Hope to see these 3 and maybe more at Sandringham in January. 

Yes , the Fantasia knobling changes to the OMR have worked a treat.

All the heavy cruisers now finish down the list where they belong.

SUCCESS!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, paulnudd said:

Good to see 3 Diam 24s racing. Good to see them up the front in the results and close together in the results. 

Hope to see these 3 and maybe more at Sandringham in January. 

I had a look at the 3 DIAM 24's numbers on the OMR spreadsheet, it appears the one design aspect is not  quite right, I expected a  slight weight variation, due to crew and minor equipment differences, but quite a lot of variations in measurements of hull,sails etc, cheap tape Measure maybe? They are still really good numbers for something so quick, if you compare to my Tramp. Good to see a bit of relatively equal match racing though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites