Sign in to follow this  
silent bob

Getting Hijacked

Twice today, I have been redirected to another site. Once on the front page, and once on the forums!

Have y ou tried running Malwarebytes on your computer? This looks more like a problem with your PC being hijacked than the SA web site.

It was on an iPad running Safari. Will try clearing the memory. I'll let you know what I find. Thanks!

Ya I'm seeing the something like that also, it popped up in chrome and showed up on Safari too. I would clear both history's and clean safari in settings too.

Slightly different note, when I login through Firefox it now warns me that my login and password are not secure on the site.

Anybody else seen this?

Slightly different note, when I login through Firefox it now warns me that my login and password are not secure on the site.

Anybody else seen this?

If I had to guess, it's probably because we're not using https:// for an SSL encrypted connection, just http://.

Firefox may just be pitching a hissy fit over the lack of SSL in one of it's default security configurations.

On 4/14/2017 at 1:33 PM, silent bob said:

Again, iPad on Google Chrome.

post-1614-0-40225400-1492201977_thumb.png

Getting it again, on Safari and Chrome on iPad. Wiped cookies, comes back.  Mostly happening in GA.

IMG_0656.PNG

1 hour ago, silent bob said:

Getting it again, on Safari and Chrome on iPad. Wiped cookies, comes back.  Mostly happening in GA.

IMG_0656.PNG

That really looks like something on your own computer. I've never seen anything like that on SA.

I'm no longer able to view SA on my I-phone because I'm getting the same pop up and site redirect as Silent Bob. My laptop has no issues though.

Wiped the iPad clean.  Keeps popping up.  Looks like a redirect. And it doesn't happen on any other websites on the iPad. 

12 hours ago, silent bob said:

Wiped the iPad clean.  Keeps popping up.  Looks like a redirect. And it doesn't happen on any other websites on the iPad. 

Trying to get on this site from my iphone is impossible anymore, however I have no problems from my laptop which I'm using Chrome. There is definitely something iOS related with this issue. Must be the Russians..

I just put AdBlockPlus on the iPad. It has settled down!  

Any ideas if there's anything for Chrome on the iPad?  

Only on general anarchy for me, but always on ga.  I've done everything but wipe the iPad.   I'll try addbloc.   

Solved.

27 minutes ago, Lark said:

Only on general anarchy for me, but always on ga.  I've done everything but wipe the iPad.   I'll try addbloc.   

Solved.

I haven't noticed any adverse issues!  

4 minutes ago, silent bob said:

I haven't noticed any adverse issues!  

After returning to GA and seeing what I missed for the last couple days...   you were right.   The redirect had no adverse issues.   

This is now happening on my IPhone in GA 100% of the time. I cannot view a thread there. 

Seeing as it is a problem for multiple IPhone users on GA and I have never encountered anything like this on any other website I have to believe it is related  to the GA part of this website 

off to download an ad blocker and see if it solves my share of the problem 

Loaded an ad blocker and GA is totally accessible again.

i still think GA is somehow involved 

On 7/18/2017 at 11:19 PM, Gouvernail said:

Loaded an ad blocker and GA is totally accessible again.

i still think GA is somehow involved 

Yup, had similar problems using other forums running same engine. AdBlock cured it.