• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
soak_ed

Florida, Again!

He still ended up hiding it in a bush

Habits are hard to break.

She wase married notta nun. He mayove blestter withis wande, that dossente macker a nun.

Damn Snags, it's late here. I didn't even see the pun until you pointed it out! I should have kept quiet about it and just taken the glory for being so clever.

Obviously this Florida Husband lacked the class of Lord Bernard.

I sorta remember a song with these lyrics:

Arise. Arise! Thou little Musgrave and put thy clothes on.

It shall never be said in my country, I've killed a naked man!'

I don't remember exactly how it goes from there but Lord Bernard had two swords and one scabbard and all were sharp and clear

Take you the best and I the worst,

We'll end the matter here.

Things went south for Musgrave

It went on to :

Little Musgrave ne'er more

Little Musgrave ne'er more

Edit:

Here ya go:

We sang this song in the Penn State Glee Ckub in 1971

Speaking of Florida...

From a Friend: HOMESICK SNOWBIRD

At The Villages in Florida last week, there was a bumper sticker on a parked car that read: "I miss Chicago."

Someone broke the window, stole the radio, shot out all four tires, added an Obama bumper sticker and left a note that read: "Hope this helps"

If hubby was really mean he could have just sat there with a gun and told the pastor to finish what he started. The anxiety would likely have caused a mission abort and set him up for long term issues on the launch pad.

Where do you think little preachermen come cum from?

Fixte

Flawduh,

, flawduh

, flawduh ,,,

:rolleyes:

, youze guys think about it for a minute,,

[iF]

All the crazy were accumulated just in _one_ place,

[THEN]

, the planet would tip over,

, & the pole shift would have Voodrrow & Boothie moving into an Igloo.

, with the mukluks, animal hides, frozen snot in their beards ,

the whole nine yards,

, it sure is a good thing that the Pacific North Wet has enough crazy to keep things in Balance

? is that a snake in your ear ?

:blink:

As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you baby.

The Foxtrots are relocating to Florida.  I've been here about two months. Neat place. A lot more ocean than in St Louis.

However..... I've never met so many people with 411 tattooed across their foreheads as I've encountered here in Floriduh. From dumbshits doing dumbshit things on the roads, to Costco shoppers brainlocking in the exit of the cafe, to chance encounters with the pubic where you know the wheel is turning, but the hamster died long ago. The one that still has me shaking my head is the distinguished gentleman riding his beach cruiser diagonally across a major intersection. I still can't believe he wasn't swatted into Orange County by one of the many semis roaring through the intersection. Didn't blink an eye. 

I don't know if it's the sun, the water, the temp, or some intelligence suppression field from Cuba, but this place has got to be rivaling DC in morons per capita. 

6 minutes ago, Charlie Foxtrot said:

The Foxtrots are relocating to Florida.  I've been here about two months. Neat place. A lot more ocean than in St Louis.

However..... I've never met so many people with 411 tattooed across their foreheads as I've encountered here in Floriduh. From dumbshits doing dumbshit things on the roads, to Costco shoppers brainlocking in the exit of the cafe, to chance encounters with the pubic where you know the wheel is turning, but the hamster died long ago. The one that still has me shaking my head is the distinguished gentleman riding his beach cruiser diagonally across a major intersection. I still can't believe he wasn't swatted into Orange County by one of the many semis roaring through the intersection. Didn't blink an eye. 

I don't know if it's the sun, the water, the temp, or some intelligence suppression field from Cuba, but this place has got to be rivaling DC in morons per capita. 

I think most moved there from "up Nawth" somewhere. 

9 minutes ago, Charlie Foxtrot said:

It the heate, we wearre in Key West an saw it fiste hande.       :)

10 minutes ago, Charlie Foxtrot said:

It's not the heat, it's the stupidity.

49 minutes ago, Charlie Foxtrot said:

ya'all bee stoopid as duh rest 0 dem in bouts 11 mo monts 

i suggest drinkin bottled water (nots froms floorida)   its will slows downs duh process of stooopidy

32 minutes ago, poopie pants said:

ya'all bee stoopid as duh rest 0 dem in bouts 11 mo monts 

i suggest drinkin bottled water (nots froms floorida)   its will slows downs duh process of stooopidy

I'll keep that in mind.

However, I've met many people (and engineers) that have lived here for many years without apparent effect. I'm thinking it may have to do with all that Jamaican SuperWeed they sell on every corner.

3 hours ago, poopie pants said:

duh

9 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

It the heate, we wearre in Key West an saw it fiste hande.       :)

Yep.  Been told A/C is our new bestie, as well as big floppy LBGTQNMOP (NTTAWWT) sombreros. Keeps the gray matter from being broiled away. And we'll take a page from the mad dogs and Englishmen....

13 hours ago, Charlie Foxtrot said:

Welcome. To what part are you headed, the north (which is actually south), or the south (which is geographically north)?

6 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Welcome. To what part are you headed, the north (which is actually south), or the south (which is geographically north)?

Thank you.

As you could expect -- I'm in the middle. We've purchased a house on 2.6 acres of land about 25 miles south of Cape Canaveral. 

BTW: There's a Space-X shot tonight around 7:36. 

31 minutes ago, Charlie Foxtrot said:

Thank you.

As you could expect -- I'm in the middle. We've purchased a house on 2.6 acres of land about 25 miles south of Cape Canaveral. 

BTW: There's a Space-X shot tonight around 7:36. 

Holy Crap. A buddy just left Palm Bay for NZ. There's some good sailing going on down there by you. Melbourne YC is active, and is a nice group of people. 

I go by there once or twice a month on my way to South FL and back. You'll like it. There are plenty of things to see and do. Enjoy!

Yep. Thought I had swallowed the anchor living in St Loo. Then -- I saw the Atlantic, the Indian River and the Inland Waterway.... Definitely got the Sea Sickness again. ;^)'   Does Melbourne YC have a dry storage yard/ crane for my Thistle? 

You're going to have to stop by on your way down North. Give us a couple of months to get out of cardboard boxes. 

35 minutes ago, Charlie Foxtrot said:

Yep. Thought I had swallowed the anchor living in St Loo. Then -- I saw the Atlantic, the Indian River and the Inland Waterway.... Definitely got the Sea Sickness again. ;^)'   Does Melbourne YC have a dry storage yard/ crane for my Thistle? 

You're going to have to stop by on your way down North. Give us a couple of months to get out of cardboard boxes. 

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they do. They have an active membership, they don't just sit around drinking and talking.  Their J24 fleet is probably the most active one there.  We get a couple of their offshore boats that come down to do the South Florida races in the winter.  Great group of people.  I'll let you know when I am heading South again.  It happens quite a bit in the winter, not as much this time of year.  Might be making a Cuba trip in August, the flights for which leave out of Lauderdale.  Heading north this month, for the ChiMac.  That will pretty much chew up my travel time for the month.  

Launch abort for SpaceX.  No word if it's temporary or days long. 

Edit: Scrubbed for today. Guidance problem. Frack. Had my Gin n Tonic all ready. Tomorrows weather looks iffy. 

Not into drinking, talking and screwing other member's wives? What's this world coming too? I'm looking at a J-22 for single handing, so a J centric club would be great. If their yard could handle it that would be a real plus. I'll look up Melbourne YC when (if) things slow down. New home is also within spitting distance of one of the best gun ranges in Floriduh, so it looks like my weekends are going to be full. 

Happy to put a steak on your plate and a drink in your hand whenever.

6 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

I'lle be by soone enuffe....            :)

Sure, Snags.  But leave the gas can behind.  And that freakin' oscillating ocelot. 

1 minute ago, Charlie Foxtrot said:

Sure, Snags.  But leave the gas can behind.  And that freakin' ocelot. 

Ozzie is harde to diche..... juste sayeng         :)

12 hours ago, Charlie Foxtrot said:

Not into drinking, talking and screwing other member's wives? What's this world coming too? I'm looking at a J-22 for single handing, so a J centric club would be great. If their yard could handle it that would be a real plus. I'll look up Melbourne YC when (if) things slow down. New home is also within spitting distance of one of the best gun ranges in Floriduh, so it looks like my weekends are going to be full. 

Happy to put a steak on your plate and a drink in your hand whenever.

You'll love it once you get settled-in.  The Indian River Lagoon is an amazing place.  When I left Lauderdale, I was looking at a place in Sebastian, but had to go up a bit farther for work purposes, and ended up on the St. Johns River (another amazing body of water to explore) in Palatka.  I ended up living a few minutes from where the CSA scuttled the Schooner "America" during the Civil War.  The Indian River Lagoon is no less interesting, and is a great place to sail.  Florida in general is a lot of fun.  It is a lot more interesting if you ditch the interstates and drive around on some of the old state roads. 

I'll get you in touch with a couple of the guys that I know from MYC, one of whom is a Past Commodore, so he knows the process and the players.  If memory serves, they hosted the J24 midwinters this year.  Their fleet is very active.  But yeah, they have a good bar too....

1 hour ago, silent bob said:

Not sure if it belongs here, or in the Darwin thread?!   Probably both! 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/florida-man-shoots-himself-penis_us_5959f395e4b05c37bb7f3de8

Whats left to live for?

13 minutes ago, PuffyJman said:

Whats left to live for?

getteng shotte in pennise ist notte the wourste thinge possibelle, lettes juste settelle downe......               :)

52 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I read a book on that topic a long time ago, by the famous Russian novelist Shachtya Kockoff.  

ROFLMAO!!  Good thing I had just swallowed my sip of cocktail, or my keyboard would have been toast!  

Darwin is developing some new techniques - as long as it prevents the stupids from reproducing it's good enough.

On 7/2/2017 at 6:40 PM, Charlie Foxtrot said:

Does Melbourne YC have a dry storage yard/ crane for my Thistle? 

no crane. just a pretty steep ramp at the bottom of a hill. no real storage either. I don't think the marina on the other side of the harbor has one either.

http://www.melbourneyachtclub.com/

http://www.melbourneharbor.com/index.html

palm bay marina further south has a travel lift though.

http://www.palmbaymarina.com/

pm me if you have any more questions. welcome to florida!

On 7/5/2017 at 10:06 AM, derelicte said:

no crane. just a pretty steep ramp at the bottom of a hill. no real storage either. I don't think the marina on the other side of the harbor has one either.

http://www.melbourneyachtclub.com/

http://www.melbourneharbor.com/index.html

palm bay marina further south has a travel lift though.

http://www.palmbaymarina.com/

pm me if you have any more questions. welcome to florida!

Danke schön. I'm kinda addicted to launching off a crane. Just too damn easy. Oil well.