Flat Stanley

YRALIS PHRF minutes

Why is it, that YRALIS PHRF committee is the only region in the country that can not update there monthly meeting minutes?

What goes?

Sept 2016 is the last minutes posted.

Have they not had a meeting since?

Why is it, that YRALIS PHRF committee is the only region in the country that can not update there monthly meeting minutes?

What goes?

That is not just YRALIS - Chesapeake Bay PHRF can barely bring themselves to post the annual minutes

Mabey they dointe halve access toa computere, Ille do it if thay wante. :)

you're so helpful :)

What goes?

That is not just YRALIS - Chesapeake Bay PHRF can barely bring themselves to post the annual minutes

Guys, as much as Scot bitches about So Cal PHRF, I gotta say they have done tons to make things available.

As a newly appointed (unofficial) Area A Rep, I hope to bring all race results into a database for rating reviews.

This will take some work but it is pretty easy if all YC's can export their results in a CSV with a commonality to import in to a DB.

Modern tech and communications will improve sailing. It's just getting the oldster's up to speed or out of office.

If your Area needs some help, just ask Area A (Sue) what they are doing.

PS: Nor Cal sucks, they still are using spreadsheets......................Hello Silicone Valley, can you help No Cal PHRF?? :) :) :)

It's on a need to know basis..

I think it's because they don't want to get there balls broken :ph34r:

Hey Christian, send me a PM so I can forward your name as a volunteer to the PHRF of the Chesapeake - all their names and phone numbers are good, why didn't you call your club handicapper or club delegate?

The minutes were online long before someone else told you in their weekly rag. According to the FB page, minutes of the November Annual Meeting were posted Jan 10th. By now if you hold a phrf cert, you got the Feb newsletter. New website coming in March/April.

Hope to see you on the course to buy you a drink so you can tell me how you feel.

Regards

BTS

Hey Christian, send me a PM so I can forward your name as a volunteer to the PHRF of the Chesapeake - all their names and phone numbers are good, why didn't you call your club handicapper or club delegate?

The minutes were online long before someone else told you in their weekly rag. According to the FB page, minutes of the November Annual Meeting were posted Jan 10th. By now if you hold a phrf cert, you got the Feb newsletter. New website coming in March/April.

Hope to see you on the course to buy you a drink so you can tell me how you feel.

Regards

BTS

I don't see any meeting minutes from handicap discussions. I don't see an online access to rating certificates, I don't even see a very useful list of boats and ratings (the valid list in PDF format is not really user friendly)

Regards

BTS

I don't see any meeting minutes from handicap discussions. I don't see an online access to rating certificates, I don't even see a very useful list of boats and ratings (the valid list in PDF format is not really user friendly)

Like the SA at the eastern end of LIS?

Perhaps the two should collaborate more

Regards

BTS

Be careful what you wish for ;)

Regards

BTS

Be careful what you wish for ;)

Perhaps they could swap responsibilities.

East would rate West and vice versa

T-Bone while you jest, that is pure genious.

I suggest anyone disappointed in YRALIS PHRF contact the current persident and express your concerns and displeasures.

<steve.cain.yralis@aol.com>

I know he is looking for input.

my one engagement with PHRF of LIS was a farce where a committee member brought an ridiculously uninformed and personally biased observation to the committee (his fat "race boat" with couches didn't go DDW as fast as the FT in 25 knots of wind), and they bought it - flying in the face of very basic and simple data. This was 5 years ago, I'm sure it's better now. Sadly, I stopped paying dues for an annual cert two years ago.

I suggest anyone disappointed in YRALIS PHRF contact the current persident and express your concerns and displeasures.

Zoe-Saldana_articleimage.jpg

fixte

:)

fixte

Thanks Snag, works for me! and PHRF committee chair apologizes, his fault in not forwarding minutes from Oct. and Nov. meetings-secretary out on Friday so will get them up tmw--the committee have been on recess since then-kind of like congress taking a long vacation!!! -first meeting of the new year this Thursday evening at Larchmont-8 oclock.

my one engagement with PHRF of LIS was a farce where a committee member brought an ridiculously uninformed and personally biased observation to the committee (his fat "race boat" with couches didn't go DDW as fast as the FT in 25 knots of wind), and they bought it - flying in the face of very basic and simple data. This was 5 years ago, I'm sure it's better now. Sadly, I stopped paying dues for an annual cert two years ago.

Sounds about right ;)

are you actually serious about that, or are you being tongue in cheek?

fixte

Thanks Snag, works for me! and PHRF committee chair apologizes, his fault in not forwarding minutes from Oct. and Nov. meetings-secretary out on Friday so will get them up tmw--the committee have been on recess since then-kind of like congress taking a long vacation!!! -first meeting of the new year this Thursday evening at Larchmont-8 oclock.

thank you mr prez......how is draining the sound coming along?

are you actually serious about that, or are you being tongue in cheek?

Which part are you referencing sir?

I do know that our president, while giving it his best, could use encouragement and support.

As for T-Bone's off-hand comment, PHRF with local politics and partisanship removed would have merits, no?

Still no updated minutes :o

been on the front page since sunday......

expo, do you neede compurter helpe?

they should be under the phrf committee meeting minutes heading but due to their late posting, figured front and center on the first page

Maybe they should try putting them under MINUTES B) where they belong with the rest of the minutes

they should be under the phrf committee meeting minutes heading but due to their late posting, figured front and center on the first page

thanks Mr. President

so when is the phrf committee gonna ding the J88's ? ;-)

'Dinge' ist notte the proppere terminiologey, 'adjuste' is the choosen terme. :)

that's what ya do with your belt after Thanksgiving dinner ;-)

What goes?

Guys, as much as Scot bitches about So Cal PHRF, I gotta say they have done tons to make things available.

As a newly appointed (unofficial) Area A Rep, I hope to bring all race results into a database for rating reviews.

This will take some work but it is pretty easy if all YC's can export their results in a CSV with a commonality to import in to a DB.

Modern tech and communications will improve sailing. It's just getting the oldster's up to speed or out of office.

If your Area needs some help, just ask Area A (Sue) what they are doing.

PS: Nor Cal sucks, they still are using spreadsheets......................Hello Silicone Valley, can you help No Cal PHRF?? :):):)

You're a special kind of arrogant and ignorant, combination like that must be from SOCal. Silicone is found in SoCal Women, Silicon runs the world. We have a database, running on a website, all ratings, results, regatta registrations.

https://www.jibeset.net/entrylist.php?A00=YRA_T031596129&A01=ffd349d5b202f5eac89105abb3cefa18

https://www.jibeset.net/anindex.php

How come Details is the only boat that underwent a ratings change without any explanation? How about a little fucking transparency? It seems from reading these boards that YRALIS isn't taken too seriously. Why not take some steps to change that?

You're a special kind of arrogant and ignorant, combination like that must be from SOCal. Silicone is found in SoCal Women, Silicon runs the world. We have a database, running on a website, all ratings, results, regatta registrations.

https://www.jibeset.net/entrylist.php?A00=YRA_T031596129&A01=ffd349d5b202f5eac89105abb3cefa18

When I go to look up Nor Cal PHRF, I get yra.org. They seem to be hosting Nor Cal PHRF on a page.

There is also the jibeset.net that seems to be down.

http://yra.org/northern-california-phrf/ncphrf-ratings/ has ratings to look at but everything is in PDF.

If you go to http://www.phrfsocal.org/ and go to the PHRF Ratings menu, you can get the Fleet List which is all the current certs, sortable by clicking the headers. If you go to the bottom of the menu and click the Ratings Database, you can search the database in any number of ways. You even get to see older certs to see how a class or boat may have changed. This is how all areas should have their data available.

886_1000.jpg

How come Details is the only boat that underwent a ratings change without any explanation? How about a little fucking transparency? It seems from reading these boards that YRALIS isn't taken too seriously. Why not take some steps to change that?

So the corruption continues with the YRALIS comm. It seems that when they fuck up it gets swept under the rug. I guess the has beens that make up the committee, can never admit to when they are wrong.

The whole issue with Details needs to end, the boat has a rating and that is what it is for now. Let john sail the boat and prove everyone wrong.

I said 2 months ago in another thread, I wish John and Details the best in the upcoming season. I am sure he will do well, he a damn good sailor and the boat came out beautiful!

Orbecause the conditions out east are a bit fresher than to the west??????

Yes, I heard a rumor that the pretty much the entire PHRF committee was going to be "retired".

Seems that plan has been put on the backburner. Shame really. So much hope. So much potential.

Yes, I heard a rumor that the pretty much the entire PHRF committee was going to be "retired".

Seems that plan has been put on the backburner. Shame really. So much hope. So much potential.

drain the sound :ph34r:

drain the sound :ph34r:

It realley issentte a swampe......

When I go to look up Nor Cal PHRF, I get yra.org. They seem to be hosting Nor Cal PHRF on a page.

There is also the jibeset.net that seems to be down.

http://yra.org/northern-california-phrf/ncphrf-ratings/ has ratings to look at but everything is in PDF.

If you go to http://www.phrfsocal.org/ and go to the PHRF Ratings menu, you can get the Fleet List which is all the current certs, sortable by clicking the headers. If you go to the bottom of the menu and click the Ratings Database, you can search the database in any number of ways. You even get to see older certs to see how a class or boat may have changed. This is how all areas should have their data available.

886_1000.jpg

Best PHRF thread ever, I didn't read any of it.

That would be the best thing that could happen, and get some SAILORs on there that actually race.

But the ones there now have no other purpose in life.

They look out for themselves, customers, and good old boys club pals, it's a joke!

It is a bit petculiar as I also heard there was a line of folks, who currently race on the sound, offering to sit on the committee. Not so sure what kept the axe from falling. Only thing I can figure is Snaggletooth sent some 8 x 10 glossies to committee members that were then used to "persuade" el Presidente that he had to get his priorities in order.

That would be the best thing that could happen, and get some SAILORs on there that actually race.

They look out for themselves, customers, and good old boys club pals, it's a joke!

Ime am surre nobodey stayes up at thicking 'howe cane we scriewe Exop thosse yeare?" You no howe crazey that sondes and you wante shocke peopel. Youre licke me, and juste halve slowe dowen and small the cooffee, the keye is getteng meassage acrosse withoute ruffelling featheres, sutteltey cane helpe youre cauze.

Well Mr. Murgatroyd, all I can say to that is;

Choo Choo Charlie was an engineer,
Choo Choo Charlie had a train we hear,
He had an engine and it sure was fun,
He used good n plenty candy to make the train run.

Sing along at home if you know the words dear boy.

thanks Mr. President

maybe if you did some One-design racing you wouldn't be questioning other boats ratings

Bill,

You are right OD racing reveals a lot, especially when you compare it to the boats PHRF record.

Take for instance you guys, you finish 5 out of 7 OD in KW and you clean up when you sail PHRF. [Let me throw in 2 last places finishes at KW.}

That is a good indication the rating is incorrect.

Do you remember when the J105 rating got a slight adjustment a few years ago?

A lot of that was based on the fact 3 J105 were doing very well in PHRF W/L events in EBYRA, but were mid fleet or worse boats when they sailed OD.

Another good indication that the rating of the J105 at 105 was incorrect.

But you won't have to worry about the 88's rating getting dinged now that Iris is on the PHRF committee and Mark Ploch has a customer with a J88.

thanks Mr. President

maybe if you did some One-design racing you wouldn't be questioning other boats ratings

Bill,

You are right OD racing reveals a lot, especially when you compare it to the boats PHRF record.

Take for instance you guys, you finish 5 out of 7 OD in KW and you clean up when you sail PHRF. [Let me throw in 2 last places finishes at KW.}

A lot of that was based on the fact 3 J105 were doing very well in PHRF W/L events in EBYRA, but were mid fleet or worse boats when they sailed OD.

But you won't have to worry about the 88's rating getting dinged now that Iris is on the PHRF committee and Mark Ploch has a customer with a J88.

See poeste 50. Yuo startted offe goode.

Interesting to hear that Ms. Vogel has been appointed to the PHRF Comm. I thought she was heading up some new youth committee which one would think would be more than a 1 year gig. Also interesting to hear that the J88 rating was under review and no change has yet been made. Sounds like the initiative that the current president ran on to "Drain the Sound" was just a catchy campaign slogan. Next thing you know, he will probably quit racing and sell the boat and still insist on having a say on those who race. Seems the racing sailors of Long Island Sound are faced with a choice. Either rise up and take back control of the sport or watch as it languishes in continued mediocrity.

thanks Mr. President

Bill,

Too bad Esposito is such a quitter and gotten out of raging. He would have made a really good YRA commodore. Give something back John. Do something for the sport that made you who you are. You owe it to yourself.

Interesting to hear that Ms. Vogel has been appointed to the PHRF Comm. I thought she was heading up some new youth committee which one would think would be more than a 1 year gig. Also interesting to hear that the J88 rating was under review and no change has yet been made. Sounds like the initiative that the current president ran on to "Drain the Sound" was just a catchy campaign slogan. Next thing you know, he will probably quit racing and sell the boat and still insist on having a say on those who race. Seems the racing sailors of Long Island Sound are faced with a choice. Either rise up and take back control of the sport or watch as it languishes in continued mediocrity.

You're a stinky, smelly, sock.

funny you would say that i was told that the boat is for sale

thanks Mr. President

Bill,

Too bad Esposito is such a quitter and gotten out of raging. He would have made a really good YRA commodore. Give something back John. Do something for the sport that made you who you are. You owe it to yourself.

HAhaha,

Little do you know, as the past chairman of the PHRF comm, I have been trying to get back on the committee for about 5 years. Each time I'm told there was no position, I knew for a fact that 2 months ago that there was a position open out of the EBYRA area as Rich Coar stepped aside. I sent a letter AGAIN, and this time I'm told that if they put me on the committee other threatened to quit.

That would be a bad thing!

But just think of the pathetic douche bags on the committee that actually would threaten to quit, because I would be a thorn in there side and try to prevent the corruption they conduct.

When that committee becomes your life, because you have sucked as a sailor your whole life this is what you get to represent you.

I have even offered them a very qualified candidate in place of me and was still turned down.

So as commodore of EBYRA I am forced with a representative that they have chosen for my district, not that one that we pick.

This is a first in 35 years AND SO THE CORRUPTION CONTINUES.

I doubt I would ever be voted Pres of YRA, it's not looking like it in the cards.

You were once chairman of the PHRF committee? What year(s) was that? I didn't think you were even a member. Would be fitting and appropriate though, having someone who has gotten out of the sport as the chair. Maybe Dinhoffer could be on the committee too?

funny you would say that i was told that the boat is for sale

Well what do ya know. Where did you hear that?

The king is dead, long live the facking queen.

And one who's handle claims to be from Rio and location of Guanabara Bay knows all about Long Island Sound. Go figuh!

thanks Mr. President

Bill,

HAhaha,

Little do you know, as the past chairman of the PHRF comm, I have been trying to get back on the committee for about 5 years. Each time I'm told there was no position, I knew for a fact that 2 months ago that there was a position open out of the EBYRA area as Rich Coar stepped aside. I sent a letter AGAIN, and this time I'm told that if they put me on the committee other threatened to quit.

But just think of the pathetic douche bags on the committee that actually would threaten to quit, because I would be a thorn in there side and try to prevent the corruption they conduct.

When that committee becomes your life, because you have sucked as a sailor your whole life this is what you get to represent you.

I have even offered them a very qualified candidate in place of me and was still turned down.

So as commodore of EBYRA I am forced with a representative that they have chosen for my district, not that one that we pick.

I doubt I would ever be voted Pres of YRA, it's not looking like it in the cards.

Honney & Vinnigar my frende.

I thick I coud dance into the possitione withe bigge smilles alle aronde!

And one who's handle claims to be from Rio and location of Guanabara Bay knows all about Long Island Sound. Go figuh!

We all know that America is the land of sockortunity!

thanks Mr. President

Bill,

HAhaha,

Honney & Vinnigar my frende.

I thick I coud dance into the possitione withe bigge smilles alle aronde!

How many times can you be elected commodore Charlie?

East / West of the (LIS) East Coast or..... East / West of the USA???

Interesting to hear that Ms. Vogel has been appointed to the PHRF Comm.

PHRF COMM =

Commodore or Communications Officer???

You guys on the right coast need to get your shit together.

BLA BLA BLA

thanks Mr. President

Bill,

HAhaha,

Trump won. You would too.

thanks Mr. President

Bill,

HAhaha,

Trump would get rid of all the idiots on the PHRF comm if he was Pres of YRA

The President there now is all talk

thanks Mr. President

Bill,

HAhaha,

Trump would get rid of all the idiots on the PHRF comm if he was Pres of YRA

The President there now is all talk

I no you no they alle reade hearre.

o-508653049-facebook.jpg

Mr C ist a goode guye, he wille lissen to you.....

'Dinge' ist notte the proppere terminiologey, 'adjuste' is the choosen terme. :)

This is British golf handicap committee methodology. When someone keeps winning on hdcp it is said that the hdcp comm will have a word with him and adjust his hdcp. That means he never wins again until someone takes pity and starts edging him back into contention. Works rather well over there. Also you play off scratch until you establish a hdcp in 10 tournaments minimum. Really screws with the cheaters / sandbaggers. Would work with phrf as well.

Or maybe a system where the actual competitors vote on ratings of their fellow competitors. It would seem when a whole bunch of people think a boat deserves the silver it takes home they are honestly applauded. At the same time it seems that when someone has a "Gift" rating, that too is a universal sentiment. So why not poll the certificate holders. Allow them a say in which boats get reviewed each offseason.

This should be recommended reading for anyone contemplating racing PHRF on LIS.

The One Design folks circulate links to there threads as class marketing materials!

Like SA said to me many years ago. "Its F-ing PHRF, get over it"

So many factors can effect where you end up. Are you the scratch boat? sea state? big waves? did the wind die out? Shit, take the advice given me, have fun and if you are that serious, race OD.

I find it amusing that OD snobs think that OD racing is somehow superior to handicap racing. There are just more variables in play that one can manipulate in handicap racing to improve performance.

If you really want to compare dick size, maybe we should all sail Optis!

Lastly, I fully agree that all regional PHRF committees are susceptible to cronyism. I also agree with the premise that people who set out to serve on such committees as a general rule are people who were not so successful on the water. I also agree that many seek to serve in the twilight of their sailing careers. A way to be or remain relevant I suppose. The way you fix PHRF is to speak up and be heard. Write letters, send e-mails and make phone calls.

Like David Letterman, maybe a top ten list of ratings that those racing believe are in need of review and tweaking. Since the PHRF Committee members don't seem to be actively racing, how are they to know what needs fixing if YOU don't let them know?

I find it amusing that OD snobs think that OD racing is somehow superior to handicap racing. There are just more variables in play that one can manipulate in handicap racing to improve performance.

Lastly, I fully agree that all regional PHRF committees are susceptible to cronyism. I also agree with the premise that people who set out to serve on such committees as a general rule are people who were not so successful on the water. I also agree that many seek to serve in the twilight of their sailing careers. A way to be or remain relevant I suppose. The way you fix PHRF is to speak up and be heard. Write letters, send e-mails and make phone calls.

Like David Letterman, maybe a top ten list of ratings that those racing believe are in need of review and tweaking. Since the PHRF Committee members don't seem to be actively racing, how are they to know what needs fixing if YOU don't let them know?

Not sure why there is this gross misconception that the YRALIS PHRF Committee members are non-racers-a few folks on here seem to think that their little bay or harbor is the cynosure of Long Island Sound racing-I beg to differ-the purview of the YRALIS extends from New York Harbor, part way up the Hudson and all the way up to the Black Rock area in CT and out to Mt. Sinai on Long Island- a large amount of water with over 60 clubs all vying for participants on their respective courses. Just because you don't see some of the Committee members on a scratch sheet in your neighborhood doesn't mean they ain't out there. Let's walk through it:

The Chair, Rick Royce, Naval architect at Webb Institute and recent honoree as a new Fellow of the Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers, has campaigned his own Tripp 33 for years and is now a regular helmsman on various Hunt Lawrence financed rocketships.

The Kendricks, Bob and June, though they dialed back a bit in recent years other than local Lloyd Harbor events, have re-upped in a big way with their recent purchase of a J44.

The sailmakers on the committee, Tom C and Mark P are out there all the time on customer boats, obviously, and not only are sailing on local waters, but all over the country and beyond so have a good perspective on how different wave and wind conditions from typical LIS weather effect respective boats' performance possibilities.

Charlie Powers is out there all the time as tactician on another J44 Resolute, as well as being a mainstay of the Pied Piper program.

Andrew Weiss is prbly one of the last of the active big boat campaigners in these waters with his long-standing Christopher Dragon program-what regatta is he not sailing in?

Rick Sinclair is a regular at all events emanating from the Indian Harbor area and has been on these local waters for decades in various capacities, including his time in the marine industry.

Rich Gold, once a regular campaigner of his own boat, has now stepped back a bit but is a vital part of the Cedar Point Racing scene and knows all of the players in that area.

George Samalot basically built the entire database of the PHRF ratings and though we don't see him much on Long Island Sound, he is still mucking about up there on the Hudson and has a keen eye on how boats are sailed up there and a voluminous memory for boats and their performance levels over the years.

Matt Berger used to be a vital part of the 105 fleet and perhaps has lost touch with what happens out there as he isn't very active any more-will give you that one.

Iris Vogel probably races more than anyone commenting on this forum or just about anywhere else on this site. How many race days did Devo do last year? KWRW, Charleston, AYC etc. etc. etc. I think Bill's Sock Puppet said 90?? And that probably didn't include weeknight or club stuff.

As far as John E. becoming a member of the committee again or his partner at the EBYRA, Vince N., all involved at the committee level appreciate the desire to help the cause but I think the past history , repeated rinsing of dirty laundry on forums such as this,(though most involved don't read what goes on here, and I find it less and less interesting as a whole) and continued expressed ire and insults relayed through various channels kind of negates the positive sentiment of volunteering. Unfortunate, really, as I think both guys bring a wealth of knowledge but sometimes the method of delivering their message obscures the intent, to support and build the sport.

Not sure why there is this gross misconception that the YRALIS PHRF Committee members are non-racers-a few folks on here seem to think that their little bay or harbor is the cynosure of Long Island Sound racing-I beg to differ-the purview of the YRALIS extends from New York Harbor, part way up the Hudson and all the way up to the Black Rock area in CT and out to Mt. Sinai on Long Island- a large amount of water with over 60 clubs all vying for participants on their respective courses. Just because you don't see some of the Committee members on a scratch sheet in your neighborhood doesn't mean they ain't out there. Let's walk through it:

The Chair, Rick Royce, Naval architect at Webb Institute and recent honoree as a new Fellow of the Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers, has campaigned his own Tripp 33 for years and is now a regular helmsman on various Hunt Lawrence financed rocketships.

The Kendricks, Bob and June, though they dialed back a bit in recent years other than local Lloyd Harbor events, have re-upped in a big way with their recent purchase of a J44.

The sailmakers on the committee, Tom C and Mark P are out there all the time on customer boats, obviously, and not only are sailing on local waters, but all over the country and beyond so have a good perspective on how different wave and wind conditions from typical LIS weather effect respective boats' performance possibilities.

Charlie Powers is out there all the time as tactician on another J44 Resolute, as well as being a mainstay of the Pied Piper program.

Andrew Weiss is prbly one of the last of the active big boat campaigners in these waters with his long-standing Christopher Dragon program-what regatta is he not sailing in?

Rick Sinclair is a regular at all events emanating from the Indian Harbor area and has been on these local waters for decades in various capacities, including his time in the marine industry.

Rich Gold, once a regular campaigner of his own boat, has now stepped back a bit but is a vital part of the Cedar Point Racing scene and knows all of the players in that area.

George Samalot basically built the entire database of the PHRF ratings and though we don't see him much on Long Island Sound, he is still mucking about up there on the Hudson and has a keen eye on how boats are sailed up there and a voluminous memory for boats and their performance levels over the years.

Matt Berger used to be a vital part of the 105 fleet and perhaps has lost touch with what happens out there as he isn't very active any more-will give you that one.

Iris Vogel probably races more than anyone commenting on this forum or just about anywhere else on this site. How many race days did Devo do last year? KWRW, Charleston, AYC etc. etc. etc. I think Bill's Sock Puppet said 90?? And that probably didn't include weeknight or club stuff.

As far as John E. becoming a member of the committee again or his partner at the EBYRA, Vince N., all involved at the committee level appreciate the desire to help the cause but I think the past history , repeated rinsing of dirty laundry on forums such as this,(though most involved don't read what goes on here, and I find it less and less interesting as a whole) and continued expressed ire and insults relayed through various channels kind of negates the positive sentiment of volunteering. Unfortunate, really, as I think both guys bring a wealth of knowledge but sometimes the method of delivering their message obscures the intent, to support and build the sport.

Oh well!

So how does it feel to have been played John?

Haven't been played at all.

Take a look at the committee members he mentioned, then go the the race results of the major event on LIS and tell me if you see any of them in the results racing PHRF. The 2 pro's either race IRC or OD. Or the other hide in there little pond by there yacht club.

They don't want me on the committee because I would be a thorn in there side and they wouldn't be able to get away with the corruption they conduct.

Interesting, how can we have a phrf board that doesn't race phrf? Are there other regions like this? Please chime in.

The motivations of anyone who would volunteer to take the crap in something like this are generally either mercenary or masochistic, and good intentions of giving to the sport can be abraded all to quickly.

What is the half life of PHRF committees vs Little League Umpires?

Both exist to allow participation.

If you're that concerned about "fairness" then pay the dollars to race under IRC/ORR

So how does it feel to have been played John?

Haven't been played at all.

Take a look at the committee members he mentioned, then go the the race results of the major event on LIS and tell me if you see any of them in the results racing PHRF. The 2 pro's either race IRC or OD. Or the other hide in there little pond by there yacht club.

They don't want me on the committee because I would be a thorn in there side and they wouldn't be able to get away with the corruption they conduct.

Not what I meant but who am I to argue with Bluto logic.... "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour!"

I am a bit surprised that the president of YRA would cite the people he cites. Mr. Royce seems like a pleasant person but I don't ever remember him getting anywhere near a podium finish and aside from the two pros and Mr. Weiss, he gets the closest to not being an also ran.

I don't think I have seen the Kendricks races in a qualifier since last century and same holds true for the rest of them pretty much. I also think his estimation of the area that the YRA oversees is a bit expanded. The western most member club is on City Island if I recall correctly. Some idea that YRALIS controls the Hudson a