Flat Stanley

YRALIS PHRF minutes

Humpty Bumpty Bump. We're now missing 2 months worth of PHRF minutes. It's almost like some folks on the board are trying to hide that a certain competitor took a rating hit!!

Who would that be and why would the PHRF committee care? Obviously the owner would be aware and if it is a hit then the competition would be somewhat happy.

So what boat and how much?

On 4/20/2019 at 9:44 AM, Car Ramrod said:

Humpty Bumpty Bump. We're now missing 2 months worth of PHRF minutes. It's almost like some folks on the board are trying to hide that a certain competitor took a rating hit!!

If your group is registered as a corporation or non profit entity, there are many rules and regs they must follow. Consult and them let them know a law suit is on the way. A BOD can be held responsible.

On 4/20/2019 at 3:02 PM, BillDBastard said:

Who would that be and why would the PHRF committee care? Obviously the owner would be aware and if it is a hit then the competition would be somewhat happy.

Does it matter? First event of the season is a couple days away and people can’t see the changes that the board has made or the reasoning behind them. 

On 4/20/2019 at 3:02 PM, BillDBastard said:

Because that's how the PHRF comm operates

2 hours ago, Car Ramrod said:

Does it matter? First event of the season is a couple days away and people can’t see the changes that the board has made or the reasoning behind them. 

Go figure

17 hours ago, Car Ramrod said:

Well, it mattered enough that you revived this thread under that premise.

I know the chair of PHRF has recently moved to a new place out on the east end of the island. I am sure that has taken a wee bit of time and focus. However I don't think he is the one who writes up the minutes. The lady who had been doing that lost her husband of many years and I would think she probably has a full plate sorting through such a loss. As for the changes that have been made to some ratings, scratch sheets are up for American Spring Series and EDLU, so that might be a source to see who rates what.

So a quick question, did you reach out to the PHRF Chair and ask him? Maybe the new YRALIS president and asked her? No? Did ya offer to serve on the PHRF Committee and ask to take over publishing the minutes? Just ran into SA to bitch?

Nice job.

(Sorry, it always pisses me off when the length and scope of one's efforts is to bitch and little more)

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jesposito said:

Because that's how the PHRF comm operates

There you are! I was beginning to worry !!

Ahhh Spring, the birds are singing, flowers blooming and Expo complaining about a sport he is no longer involved in!!

3 hours ago, BillDBastard said:

There you are! I was beginning to worry !!

Ahhh Spring, the birds are singing, flowers blooming and Expo complaining about a sport  peopel he is no longer involved in!!

Ist notte the sporte, ist the peopel thet botheres expo.                        :)

3 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Ist notte the sporte, ist the othere peopel thet botheres expo.                        :)

FIFY Snaggy.

On 4/20/2019 at 12:44 PM, Car Ramrod said:

https://www.yralis.org/phrf-commitee/phrf-committee-meeting-minutes-4-11-19

https://www.yralis.org/news/phrf-committee-minutes-march-14-2019-3

10 hours ago, BillDBastard said:

I know the chair of PHRF has recently moved to a new place out on the east end of the island. I am sure that has taken a wee bit of time and focus. However I don't think he is the one who writes up the minutes. The lady who had been doing that lost her husband of many years and I would think she probably has a full plate sorting through such a loss. As for the changes that have been made to some ratings, scratch sheets are up for American Spring Series and EDLU, so that might be a source to see who rates what.

So a quick question, did you reach out to the PHRF Chair and ask him? Maybe the new YRALIS president and asked her? No? Did ya offer to serve on the PHRF Committee and ask to take over publishing the minutes? Just ran into SA to bitch?

Nice job.

(Sorry, it always pisses me off when the length and scope of one's efforts is to bitch and little more)

One wonders why the duties of a PHRF comm chair, a position that makes observations and determinations that are enriched and enabled by active participation in observing and participating in the racing in his area, is currently occupied by someone who has left the immediate area and no longer owns a boat. Does he sail on any boats in the area, having recently departed?

Based on the names at the bottom of the minutes, the minutekeeper position has transitioned to a new face - presumably Mr. Gander, so the grieving widow shouldn't feel aggrieved by my grievance.

1 minute ago, Car Ramrod said:

One wonders why the duties of a PHRF comm chair, a position that makes observations and determinations that are enriched and enabled by active participation in observing and participating in the racing in his area, is currently occupied by someone who has left the immediate area and no longer owns a boat. Does he sail on any boats in the area, having recently departed?

Based on the names at the bottom of the minutes, the minutekeeper position has transitioned to a new face - presumably Mr. Gander, so the grieving widow shouldn't feel aggrieved by my grievance.

The minutes should really be audio recorded.

2 minutes ago, Meat Wad said:

Or the meetings should be open to the public so that they can hear and see the processes. I'm unfamiliar, does the YRALIS allow for members to come and sit in on their deliberations and give testimony or input, or must they be invited?

8 minutes ago, Car Ramrod said:

Or the meetings should be open to the public so that they can hear and see the processes. I'm unfamiliar, does the YRALIS allow for members to come and sit in on their deliberations and give testimony or input, or must they be invited?

At So Cal Regional, members are allowed to come to the meetings and listen in, almost no one ever shows up except those asking for a review or a new rating and sometimes they don't even show up. But when we deliberate and discuss, we ask all to leave. This is because the conversation can go toward those who sail the boat and are they doing a good job of it and is the boats finishes represented by a properly raced boat. Sometimes people show up with out any race data at all and we just have to ask them please do some racing in legit races.

Some people think the deliberations should be public. Having been on a few Court Room Juries, the rating deliberations are much the same. When the boat owner comes in we give him an explanation. I have yet to see anyone get belligerent. A few Area Reps have been threatened with law suits but they were just words spoken in the heat of battle.

PS, we also use Go To Meeting, anyone can join in

55 minutes ago, Car Ramrod said:

Nope, I'm a lowly YRALIS member who occasionally checks the front page of the association's website.

I'm more concerned that I haven't received my 2019 yearbook yet, but that hardly seems worthy of its own topic.

1 hour ago, Meat Wad said:

Actually, they are Dawg, then transcribed for publication.^^^^

And below, I have never been turned away.

1 hour ago, Car Ramrod said:

13 hours ago, Gander said:

Nope, I'm a lowly YRALIS member who occasionally checks the front page of the association's website.

I'm more concerned that I haven't received my 2019 yearbook yet, but that hardly seems worthy of its own topic.

Received my yearbook last Friday

On 4/23/2019 at 6:43 AM, BillDBastard said:

Nice job.

Stop carrying the water for Steve Cain

3 hours ago, jesposito said:

SC lickes it when he dose that. and you realley shoude use worde 'plesae'.  Iist magice and sondes nicere.                     :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jesposito said:

Just stating the facts..... and it seems the minutes were up there all the while. So this whole shitfight youz guyz are trying to stir up is a complete non-starter.

11 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

SC lickes it when he dose that. and you realley shoude use worde 'plesae'.  Iist magice and sondes nicere.                     :)

Watche it Snaggie or you'll end up back in the socke drawer.

2 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

Plesae Watche it Snaggie or you'll end up back in the socke drawer.

fixte                                                      :)

7 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

Watche it Snaggie or you'll end up back in the socke drawer.

Snaggs wants to be put in the next drawer down 

500_F_111156797_DgOXdOEVgW9TnUPIrMNa4cnB

So what did we learn in this thread?

PHRF minutes were published all along 

March annual meeting PHRF Comm invited all members to a panel discussion at LYC and to announce  any changes for the upcoming season and have an open dialog with members. And also had a speaker offering ideas to increase performance  

yearbooks were mailed couple weeks ago prior season and most got them except the complaining fool with the shit mailbox  

One half-retard suggested suing the YRALIS 

There is probably the best PHRF Comm  in place this year in the history of the organization staffed by volunteers who have been completely transparent  

You will never stop anonymous morons who  never  pitch in themselves and  are not even YRALIS dues paying members from complaining on the interweb without any basis of fact, most not even competing nor have any standing to the discussion  

and you wonder why it’s hard to fill committees   Luckily these and other volunteers ignore the noise  

the more things change, the more they stay the same  

• Like 3

I allwayes try leave a bagg or to oute fore them when they collectiong close and housholde itemes donationes.               :)

17 hours ago, BillDBastard said:

Just stating the facts..... and it seems the minutes were up there all the while. So this whole shitfight youz guyz are trying to stir up is a complete non-starter.

I'm not trying to stir up anything, I don't give a shit anymore.

I'm just stating facts as well

54 minutes ago, jesposito said:

You no JT juste wantes stir thignes up, and hese gonig pointe figners.                           :)

19 hours ago, BillDBastard said:

If you were told that then you were being misled. The time stamps of these minutes submissions are about 24 hours after CR bumped the thread. 

muyf89.jpg

2 hours ago, MakePHRFGreatAgain said:

March annual meeting PHRF Comm invited all members to a panel discussion at LYC and to announce  any changes for the upcoming season and have an open dialog with members. And also had a speaker offering ideas to increase performance  

yearbooks were mailed couple weeks ago prior season and most got them except the complaining fool with the shit mailbox  

There is probably the best PHRF Comm  in place this year in the history of the organization staffed by volunteers who have been completely transparent  

You will never stop anonymous morons who  never  pitch in themselves and  are not even YRALIS dues paying members from complaining on the interweb without any basis of fact, most not even competing nor have any standing to the discussion  

and you wonder why it’s hard to fill committees   Luckily these and other volunteers ignore the noise  

We actually just learned that the PHRF meeting minutes were only posted hours after Mrs. Ramrod shook the tree. 

We’re about to learn that over the winter, board members said that you need to be invited to meetings. 

Finally, the fact that people feel they need to be anonymous on here is a sign that they either have a fear of retaliation by an omnipotent board or that they’re showing enough restraint   to allow the discussion to progress abstractly and without Resorting to Ad Honinem attacks out of the gate. This is the only public sailing forum out there, and an otherwise good means of putting an issue in front of many people’s eyeballs and creating accountability. 

In the same way that volunteer race committees should not be upset by commentary about improving their race management, volunteer rating authorities should accept that part of their responsibility is accepting public comment about how they can better operate transparently.  

Finally, for those of you who take the opinion that one must be a member of the YRA to have an unimpeachable public opinion of their decisions and conduct...why? Boat owners need a membership to obtain their certificate - that’s justified. Beyond owners... Industry professionals and crews are impacted by the YRAs decisions as much as owners are but they receive ZERO benefit from paying a fee to the association. In some cases, those professionals and crews may have an even more objective opinion about matters than owners because it’s not their $100,000 toy having its rating (and resale value) changed by a board that doesn’t like people peering into the process. 

The March minutes were posted on March 27th on the front page. Then again on 4-22 on the PHRF page where they should have been from the start. April minutes posted in April on the PHRF  page  

where is  the beef?

all  boat ratings and  updated certificates are always available on the website 

if you don’t have business in front of the PHRF committee, what is the hand wringing about?  I don’t get it. Friggin season hasnt even started yet 

Robyn, take your fucking  tinfoil hat off and go sailing 

Only Trump can make PHRF Great again, but the Democrats  won't let him! 

• Like 1

I'm retired.

1 hour ago, Snaggletooth said:

You no JT juste wantes stir thignes up, and hese gonig pointe figners.                           :)

I'm not sure the aforementioned has a dang thing to do with any stirring of the pot.

10 minutes ago, jesposito said:

We neede gette embroideired hatts, and shirttes with youre face on them!  Thatell do it!                         :)

32 minutes ago, Robyn Banxx said:

If you were told that then you were being misled. The time stamps of these minutes submissions are about 24 hours after CR bumped the thread. 

Misled? Oh gosh no. Haven't been led one way or another.

BTW, I think you would make a great addition to the PHRF committee, Minister of Information would be the perfect role.

4 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

We neede gette embroideired hats, and shirttes with youre face on them!  Thatell do it!                         :)

He'd buy them all and say it was a great success.

10 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

I'm not sure the aforementioned has a dang thing to do with any stirring of the pot.

Just referring to and replying to the Alias in the post before me

46 minutes ago, Robyn Banxx said:

muyf89.jpg

We actually just learned that the PHRF meeting minutes were only posted hours after Mrs. Ramrod shook the tree. 

We’re about to learn that over the winter, board members said that you need to be invited to meetings. 

Finally, the fact that people feel they need to be anonymous on here is a sign that they either have a fear of retaliation by an omnipotent board or that they’re showing enough restraint   to allow the discussion to progress abstractly and without Resorting to Ad Honinem attacks out of the gate. This is the only public sailing forum out there, and an otherwise good means of putting an issue in front of many people’s eyeballs and creating accountability. 

In the same way that volunteer race committees should not be upset by commentary about improving their race management, volunteer rating authorities should accept that part of their responsibility is accepting public comment about how they can better operate transparently.  

Finally, for those of you who take the opinion that one must be a member of the YRA to have an unimpeachable public opinion of their decisions and conduct...why? Boat owners need a membership to obtain their certificate - that’s justified. Beyond owners... Industry professionals and crews are impacted by the YRAs decisions as much as owners are but they receive ZERO benefit from paying a fee to the association. In some cases, those professionals and crews may have an even more objective opinion about matters than owners because it’s not their $100,000 toy having its rating (and resale value) changed by a board that doesn’t like people peering into the process. 

25 minutes ago, jesposito said:

DT sails a BigMac26 ;-)

12 minutes ago, dacapo said:

DT sails a BigMac26 ;-)

Could be worse, he could sail a S2 9.1

2 minutes ago, jesposito said:
14 minutes ago, dacapo said:

DT sails a BigMac26 ;-)

He coude bea jette skiere!                                    :)

3 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

or a has been...........

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jesposito said:

Well,  that is a step up from an  Oday. 

4 minutes ago, MakePHRFGreatAgain said:

Well,  that is a step up from an  Oday. 

ODay ist a verrey technicalle boatte.                          :)

58 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

or spend his weekends wearing Spandex.

On 4/25/2019 at 7:30 AM, MakePHRFGreatAgain said:

On 4/24/2019 at 3:22 PM, BillDBastard said:

On 4/25/2019 at 8:52 AM, jesposito said:

So someone is lying?

1 hour ago, Meat Wad said:

So someone is lying?

Alltenatove factes.                                  :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Meat Wad said:

So someone is lying?

Maybe.  Or maybe they are a half retard 

• Like 1

On 4/25/2019 at 2:55 PM, Snaggletooth said:

ODay ist a verrey technicalle boatte.                          :)

it was technically a floating  weekend retreat ;-)

16 hours ago, MakePHRFGreatAgain said:

Maybe.  Or maybe they are a half retard 

Hey, we don't do ANYTHING half way around here.

(BTW, implying some are mentally  handicapped is  not PC and well passé, just sayin')

• Like 1

On 4/26/2019 at 12:07 PM, Meat Wad said:

So someone is lying?

Most likely 

57 minutes ago, Car Ramrod said:

Bump. Waiting on the May minutes. 

Are you fucking serious ? The chairs the committee were sitting  on are still warm fuck nut 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dacapo said:

Are you fucking serious ? The chairs the committee were sitting  on are still warm fuck nut 

1 hour ago, Car Ramrod said:

Bump. Waiting on the May minutes. 

If you have any questions regarding this process, please contact:

Andrea Watson
YRALIS SECRETARY
455 Main Street
Port Washington, NY 11050

Phone Number 516-767-9240

email: office@yralis.org

4 hours ago, dacapo said:

Then maybe don't fart so much

On 5/10/2019 at 2:06 PM, Car Ramrod said:

Then maybe don't fart so much

Still crickets. 

Congrats to Thin Man in the Edlu who managed to still take second place while performing the rarely seen Reverse Vanderbilt Finish manouver  by sailing away from the finish line.  Ballsy move dude!   :) 

3B2420AA-F420-4F52-AC62-7F44CFC6C961.jpeg

Yeah saw that, and still amazed! 

The thin man rules!!!

You can do things like that when your boat is misrated by 9 seconds a mile or so;) 

I notte siurre SC ist a hack, hack wase oune of the ugliestte poesteres we evere hade hearer.  SC ist no hack.

• Like 1