• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
DryArmour

Miami to Havana Sleigh Ride Thread

7 minutes ago, vtsail said:

Race is off.  Tracker sucks which is unfortunate but it looks like it will be a nice ride to Cuba for all!

Are you viewing the WindyTV tracker or the Google Map Player?  I find the GMP preferable for tracking boat position and with better zoom, and it's simple enough to switch over to the other for wind conditions/forecast. 

Very jelly of the racers on this one. Race looks like a blast.

26 minutes ago, NautiGirl said:

Are you viewing the WindyTV tracker or the Google Map Player?  I find the GMP preferable for tracking boat position and with better zoom, and it's simple enough to switch over to the other for wind conditions/forecast. 

Very jelly of the racers on this one. Race looks like a blast.

I've tried both.  I just think that the yellow brick is a much superior overall product.  And the fact that my normal ride's tracker isn't showing up is extra disappointing/frustration inducing.  I am super jealous of the racers for sure.  They will be sipping rum and smoking cubans sooner rather than later.

7 minutes ago, vtsail said:

I've tried both.  I just think that the yellow brick is a much superior overall product.  And the fact that my normal ride's tracker isn't showing up is extra disappointing/frustration inducing.  I am super jealous of the racers for sure.  They will be sipping rum and smoking cubans sooner rather than later.

That would be annoying AF. What is your usual ride?

Go The Privateer!

7 minutes ago, NautiGirl said:

Never underestimate a Dragon ;)

Considering this is Privateer's inaugural regatta, I'm gonna root for the underdawg (even if Dragon *is* from my home town) ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NautiGirl said:

That would be annoying AF. What is your usual ride?

Nanuq.  They finally popped up on the tracker.  All productivity lost for the remainder of the work day.

Not gonna lie. It' pretty sweet out here. Started on a shy solent reach, transitioned to Code, now into the big A2 kite. Crushing it, VMG running and getting swept a bit east of the rhum line. 

It’s been a pretty fun year in Havana. I’ll have reports later today when I get stateside, with a reliable WiFi signal. Reliable WiFi seems to be the only problem plaguing past events that remained for this year. Good Times indeed. 

Watch the tracker to follow Dragon on the 1200 mike qualifying sail and for the rest of the fleet’s return home. 

Cheers.