• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Enzedel92

Betting odds out....

18 posts in this topic

Wow ETNZ at $5.50 seems really good value. I think they are only paying $3.00 or so at the NZ bookies (TAB).

What's up with all these odds! Bookies read Ben Ainsley and fall over themselves. Crazy, so far, BAR look totally off the pace! WTF?

Wow ETNZ at $5.50 seems really good value. I think they are only paying $3.00 or so at the NZ bookies (TAB).

Great odds for ETNZ, which will lengthen out to 10's when they "scrape" in to the top-4 LV Qualifiers.

BAR's odds look comical.

Other than that, they look about right to me based on what we know.

Aside from BAR I think that is probably fair.
Oracle at this stage have to have the best odds- they are the only team guaranteed to be in the AC match. Where they will sit closer to the competition probably depends a bit on what happens in the challenger series. If one challenger is clearly better than the rest IMO their chances of beating Oracle is much higher than if its tight.

Looking at the BAR odds all I can think is that there are lots of Brits putting money on at that site. It will be interesting to see if there are options closer to the time of when a team leaves. If so BAR leaving first or at the Semi Final Stage may be some of the best sporting odds to have a wager on you will see all year..

The betting odds are already discussed in an earlier thread dedicated to the odds. Other bookmakers have TNZ as favourite of the challengers

Looking at the BAR odds all I can think is that there are lots of Brits putting money on at that site.

Fantasy. Why on earth would lots of Brits bet using an Australian bookie?

Where can one actually place a bet? Is this a reputable platform?

Looking at the BAR odds all I can think is that there are lots of Brits putting money on at that site.

You're right, they wouldn't.

But the odds for BAR are laughable.

I can only assume the bookie took a stab at it and got things wrong.

You're right, they wouldn't.

But the odds for BAR are laughable.

I can only assume the bookie took a stab at it and got things wrong.

The odds haven't changed/ been updated for 11 months, and this time last year those odds are probably right, but a lot has changed

^ Really?

I don't think BAR EVER displayed a damned thing that suggested these odds are appropriate.

If you assume ACWS results are a good indicator of AC performance, then sure the odds ARE appropriate.

And to be fair, it looks like that's what the bookie has done.

But anyone with the slightest idea of AC knows that it is largely a technology race and BAR has ZERO pedigree in this area.

^^ ACWS and budget I guess, even if you go back a year on this forum ETNZ are written off and BAR are favourites to race for the cup

They pulled the bet…. That website by longer carries the odds..

They pulled the bet. That website by longer carries the odds..

What a bunch of light weights!

What was the risk actually going to be?

The volume of betting on AC would be less than the spoont of a one nutted man.

They must have got word of illegal activities by OR in previous events. Bookies won't do numbers on proven cheats...

Tongue -> Cheek

^

|

Firmly

They must have got word of illegal activities by OR in previous events. Bookies won't do numbers on proven cheats...

Tongue -> Cheek

^

|

Firmly

Insufferable :D

^^ ACWS and budget I guess, even if you go back a year on this forum ETNZ are written off and BAR are favourites to race for the cup

Written off?

I was one who stated earlier that ETNZ were running on what appeared to be a low budget and were late - and that they would need to be smart or lucky with their design if they hoped to catch those with 2 or 3 iterations of surrogates already behind them...

Well whadda ya know! ;)