• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
DA-WOODY

Bicycle Posers OUT-WANK Harley Biker Posers by a Fucking MILE !&#3

Rode me Harley to Bicycle Store in Shorts, tShirt and Leather Lofers

Wanted a 26" X 2.5" InnerTube and to GTF Out

Facking Posers everywhere with Tap shoes, spandex shoe covers, scarf under helmit

gloves, goggles, shit strapped on them and bike and water bottles

ALL WITH BRANDING to look like TDF podium ASS-Clowns

WTF Over, I thought the Harley Dress alike Posers were bad enough

BUTT NOOOOOO the Bicycle crowd puts Bikers to Shame

I thought there was going to be a parade

and the seats they all have that look like the buisness end of a shovel (some looked like the handle)

I got a used Mt Bike and I'm changing a few things the way I want it to be

Will be Easy to pic mine out of a pile

of note walking out I noticed the bathrooms were "Ladies" to the Right and "Whatever" to the Left

Ya All got sum Strangeness going on as a Group !!!!!!!!!!

no really even worse than this

fef8476327d557721060a41a32b0fe03_XL.jpg

MAMILs

Middle Aged Men In Lycra

Those cyclists who dress like they are racing in the Tour De France for every Sunday ride are about the dorkiest looking posers of any kind.

I live on a favourite cycling route and every weekend they are out looking like some sort of racing team - big clusters of them all dressed identically.

Christ they look silly.

Cycling is awesome. Nothing beats dressing up like a power ranger and getting those miles.

Those cyclists who dress like they are racing in the Tour De France for every Sunday ride are about the dorkiest looking posers of any kind.

I live on a favourite cycling route and every weekend they are out looking like some sort of racing team - big clusters of them all dressed identically.

Christ they look silly.

Except that in the same way that sailing is more fun with proper oiliness and boots/shoes rather than waxed cotton, cycling is more fun in cycling specific kit.

Christ they look silly.

Except that in the same way that sailing is more fun with proper oiliness and boots/shoes rather than waxed cotton, cycling is more fun in cycling specific kit.

I have to agree on the affluent cycling enthusiast with the expensive kit. Most of them are like me, middle aged, or nearly there. And I will be 62 in June, is that still middle aged? Or am I now considered elderly??

OTOH, many of the sailors are just as bad, with 40+ dollar leather sailing gloves etc, when the under 5 dollar poly-cloth with rubber palm gloves from anywhere, are far more effective at gripping anything than leather palms..

Not true, Woody

I never saw a bicycle guy wearing a Nazi helmet.

On a Harley ???????

I ain't gonna sugar coat it. Anybody wearing a Nazi helmet

wins the B.E.M. Retard Poser of the Day Award.

Christ they look silly.

There's a big difference between proper gear and the "outfits" everyone tarts themselves up in. This is a rare moment when Woody is right.

Christ they look silly.

There's a big difference between proper gear and the "outfits" everyone tarts themselves up in. This is a rare moment when Woody is right.

A very rare moment indeed, but I concur, wholeheartedly!

Christ they look silly.

I have to agree on the affluent cycling enthusiast with the expensive kit. Most of them are like me, middle aged, or nearly there. And I will be 62 in June, is that still middle aged? Or am I now considered elderly??

OTOH, many of the sailors are just as bad, with 40+ dollar leather sailing gloves etc, when the under 5 dollar poly-cloth with rubber palm gloves from anywhere, are far more effective at gripping anything than leather palms..

Unless you plan to live to 124, it's time to let go of "middle aged."

Christ they look silly.

Are you wearing a white vest in your avitar? Whoa, maybe you're fashion sense is right. I'll consider wearing jeans and a white fucking suede vest on my next four hour bike ride in the mountains. If it works for sailing. . .

Just kidding Sloop, you can hate on cyclists all you want. Let it out.

And talk about posers. What motorcyclists weat shorts, t-shirt and flip flops? The posers. They're indestructible.

And talk about posers. What motorcyclists weat shorts, t-shirt and flip flops? The posers. They're indestructible.

Verrey triue, theire licke crackeheades.

Those aren't posers. We call them organ donars.

Christ they look silly.

I'm a Huge Dave Perry Fan

Dude shows up Race Ready driving his Car or Riding a Horse

Steps on the Boat and Grabz the Wheel

Kicking ASS in 501 Jeans, Work Boots and a none sailing related Hoodie

Same as he wore on the podium and getting back in the Car

11LBYCCCUP0042.JPG

Christ they look silly.

I'm a Huge Dave Perry Fan

Dude shows up Race Ready driving his Car or Riding a Horse

Steps on the Boat and Grabz the Wheel

Kicking ASS in 501 Jeans, Work Boots and a none sailing related Hoodie

Same as he wore on the podium and getting back in the Car

11LBYCCCUP0042.JPG

Ok, hese licke a hippstere poesere,

:)

Christ they look silly.

Are you wearing a white vest in your avitar? Whoa, maybe you're fashion sense is right. I'll consider wearing jeans and a white fucking suede vest on my next four hour bike ride in the mountains. If it works for sailing. . .

It's a cream down vest. :angry:

Those aren't posers. We call them organ donars.

Skin graft recipients at a minimum.

Christ they look silly.

creame is goode....

Christ they look silly.

Is it beige and creamy?

If anyone gets that reference please remind me of the Brit TV show it's from. I can't remember! Funny sitcom, I'd like to watch it again.

This approaches the cyclist but it's not as bad.

Barry_Walker-Racing_yacht_-_crew_all_in_

Not as bad? The spinnaker is in the water. I guess as if you can't ride a bike more than a few miles it's just as easy to mock cyclists as it is to HTFU.

I was referring to the matched clothing, not the crew work.

I had to wear a uniform to grammar school in England and again in Militia - I'm not a big fan.

Thing is..... You don't see a lot of cyclists with 200Lb. beer bellies, and oxygen tanks strapped to their saddlebags, and the "old ladies" ride their own bikes, and look like a lot more fun in the rack than the ones that straddle the saddle on a fatboy.

Personally I don't take either type seriously. I'd never want to be a member of a club that would take someone like me as a member.

I had to wear a uniform to grammar school in England and again in Militia - I'm not a big fan.

Royal Perth boats are easy to spot on the water... Every crew on every boat is wearing WHITE!

This approaches the cyclist but it's not as bad.

Barry_Walker-Racing_yacht_-_crew_all_in_

No way...they are color cowardanated = Kool

Look at the Clown show on the AC boats heading to bermuda

Spandex clad billboards with every silly thing "They" wear because of sponsor contracts

Looks kinda .......... Homo :-O

I loved wearing a uniform in the Army. You just go to the closet, pick out a fresh pair of BDUs, get dressed and go to work. None of that shit about deciding what to wear to the office every day. The other advantage is the cammo pattern hides dirt really well.

ER_zpst0lkmzvv.jpg

Your assertion is not possible in this universe. Harley people as a group buy and modify their equipment and wear shit or not that is so far removed from any utilitarian function aliens would immediately classify the entire group as brain damaged. The cycling gear is silly but it works. I remeber thinking when I started playing raquetball that the gear was silly. Within 2 weeks I had a glove, wristbands, a head band and brought two shirts and two pairs of socks. Serious cycling is the same. Serious mc riders who tour continents generally dont ride harleys, they dont dont wear black dead animal skins, wear silly helmets, make their bikes loud on purpose, or pretend they are criminals. Under posers in the dictionary is a picture of biker gang wannabe. People who base their look on a group of criminal rapists and drug dealers are beyond pathetic. Its like guys dressing like luke skywalker to fly light airplanes. Silly.

bicycles good

Harley Faggot-Tractors - bad

the fact that Harley patented the 'sound' of their big gay tractors says everything you need to know about poseurs...

Christ they look silly.

Yes we do. But who cares? It's comfortable and functional clothing on a bike, even if the most you do is a hour or two on a sunny day.

Loud derailurs save lives

Sash weight boy would be in a tizzy!

bicycles good

the fact that Harley patented the 'sound' of their big gay tractors says everything you need to know about poseurs...

Your opinion == ?????

You probably never banged thru shifts on a 4-spd muscle car, chirping tires in each gear, and as such can't possible understand the allure of the visceral feedback that an old hotrod machine provides. Go wax your Prius you judgemental milquetoast latte' sippin' watercress munchin mommy's boy. :D

Besides - ALL my motorcycle gear is functional - the leather in my jacket is thick enough to block the wind and act as a sacrificial layer in a get off, the armor/padding is protective, sleeves long enough to cover my wrists while holding the handlebars, boots have armor/padding and are waterproof, sunglasses are formed to keep the wind outta my eyes (and let me see clearly at 70MPH w/out eyes watering). Are there HD posers? yeah - you can usually tell because they've got newer bikes that are spotless with no miles, and their riding gear looks the same, adorned with all kinds of patches/pins from events they never attended, purchased from the vendor set up on the sidewalk at the HD Boutique, no sweat stains or oil spots on their bandannas, and shiny scuff free boots.

No sweat off my brow if somebody wants to pose in any way they choose - it's just funny watching someone emulate rather than understand.

bicycles good

Your opinion == ?????

You probably never banged thru shifts on a 4-spd muscle car, chirping tires in each gear, and as such can't possible understand the allure of the visceral feedback that an old hotrod machine provides. Go wax your Prius you judgemental milquetoast latte' sippin' watercress munchin mommy's boy. :D

:lol::lol:

I was thinking the same when I read his tripe.

Haters gonna hate.

Love the horn lead toward the end of the video. :lol:

This thread has been a sucess if only by creating another opportunity to post this Vid once again

Yeah, that driver is really brave behind the wheel inside his steel shell. I wonder if he's half as bold standing on the ground.

Dumbfuck bullies are all the same - and just like Eric Hoffer said: Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.

You have to be a serious asshole to think that dousing someone with toxic soot is funny. Congratulations you are a douchebag coward.

Your assertion is not possible in this universe. Harley people as a group buy and modify their equipment and wear shit or not that is so far removed from any utilitarian function aliens would immediately classify the entire group as brain damaged. The cycling gear is silly but it works. I remeber thinking when I started playing raquetball that the gear was silly. Within 2 weeks I had a glove, wristbands, a head band and brought two shirts and two pairs of socks. Serious cycling is the same. Serious mc riders who tour continents generally dont ride harleys, they dont dont wear black dead animal skins, wear silly helmets, make their bikes loud on purpose, or pretend they are criminals. Under posers in the dictionary is a picture of biker gang wannabe. People who base their look on a group of criminal rapists and drug dealers are beyond pathetic. Its like guys dressing like luke skywalker to fly light airplanes. Silly.

I once rode a century in regular shorts, t-shirt and a messenger bag on my back with my pump, energy bars and water. The back rim was a little taco too.

It was fun to blow by some of the credit card riders, but my ass felt like it needed a transplant by Mile 60. The bag chafed and the t-shirt kept getting bunched under the strap. I did well on that ride, but the reality is that cycling shorts have a specific purpose with that padding, cycling shirts handle the sweat well and those pockets on the shirt are in an unobtrusive place. Cycling wear does look dumb sometimes, but it works, so people wear it. Same thing with body armor for bikes. When I drive inside of my sheet steel machine I can dress however I want, it just doesn't work as well for bikes and cycles.

I love the Dave Perry story, I didn't know much about him, he sounds like a legend-in-process.

Bicycling gear for road bikes, is indeed practical. All the insignia and team emblems one doesn't belong to, not so much.

Motorcycles, I never could afford leather and it woulda looked goofy on a rice banger anyway. though as a kid, I had an Indian Chief and was dumb enough to wear Toppies with the sticky boat soles, but got away with it..

dfa10f0ab3f9a5e04cc02673a5cdc671.jpg

and 8 year old boys with baseball cards stuck in their spokes (back in the day).

I live near a major Sunday destination for the Harley poseurs.

Their mantra is "Live To Ride, Ride To Brunch".

Christ I have come to hate shotgun pipes!

The morning of a regatta with everybody wearing the same "oh so imposing" black Gill, Musto, HLloyd, Zike, and what ever overpriced brand you choose is no different. What is the same is the conversations at every post race/ride party. Cycling, sailing or what ever floats your boat... blah blah blah I'm so great, i did this, we did that. remember when...

Everybody needs a vice and the gear that fits.

This thread has been a sucess if only by creating another opportunity to post this Vid once again

You're starting to sound a lot like Dabs with that post.

Should one day I be his age

I'll be happy to sound like him :)

You'll be happy to sound like a racist old fart right wing nutter?

You're easily satisfied.

You'll be happy to sound like a racist old fart right wing nutter?

You're easily satisfied.

No I guess I just miss the jest of his posts (PA ??)

Bicycling gear for road bikes, is indeed practical. All the insignia and team emblems one doesn't belong to, not so much.

+1

Amazing how a big truck, capable of hauling dozens of tons up a steep grade sounds just like a Harley, capable of lugging two over-weight arseholes to a gay bar!

Both groups are happy sheep consumers of pricey stuff that builds an image that the consumer thinks will make him more interesting, tough and sexy.

Instead of spending big bucks on a really stupid means of getting around, and all the fashion and accessories you have to have,it would be cheaper to buy a hat with a big neon sign saying "I'm boring and I'm stupid, but I have money to waste."

I keep having horrible visions of fat guys in bicyclist's skin-tight bright lycra shorts and shaved legs tooling along at 20 mph in the middle of the road on Harleys fully customized with bolt-on bits purchased on Ebay.

.......and carbon fibre helmets, obviously.

Both groups are happy sheep consumers of pricey stuff that builds an image that the consumer thinks will make him more interesting, tough and sexy.

Tosh. I can assure you that I don't think wearing lycra makes me look any of interesting, tough or sexy. It does however make me comfortable when riding a bike.

Instead of spending big bucks on a really stupid means of getting around, and all the fashion and accessories you have to have,it would be cheaper to buy a hat with a big neon sign saying "I'm boring and I'm stupid, but I have money to waste."

I keep having horrible visions of fat guys in bicyclist's skin-tight bright lycra shorts and shaved legs tooling along at 20 mph in the middle of the road on Harleys fully customized with bolt-on bits purchased on Ebay.

.......and carbon fibre helmets, obviously.

The same can be said about sailors especially one design. We wear Gil padded hiking shorts and spray top, with overly large watches, and Mt Gay hats. We argue what's faster North or Quantum. My non sailing friends think I'm gay because they don't understand the enjoyment we get from this sport.

Their opinions mean nothing to me I'm happy sailing and riding my Harley.

Amazing how a big truck, capable of hauling dozens of tons up a steep grade sounds just like a Harley, capable of lugging two over-weight arseholes to a gay bar!

DG - don't sugarcoat it. Tell us what you really think. :lol:

I once rode a century in regular shorts, t-shirt and a messenger bag on my back with my pump, energy bars and water. The back rim was a little taco too.

It was fun to blow by some of the credit card riders, but my ass felt like it needed a transplant by Mile 60. The bag chafed and the t-shirt kept getting bunched under the strap. I did well on that ride, but the reality is that cycling shorts have a specific purpose with that padding, cycling shirts handle the sweat well and those pockets on the shirt are in an unobtrusive place. Cycling wear does look dumb sometimes, but it works, so people wear it. Same thing with body armor for bikes. When I drive inside of my sheet steel machine I can dress however I want, it just doesn't work as well for bikes and cycles.

I love the Dave Perry story, I didn't know much about him, he sounds like a legend-in-process.

As for Dave Perry

Can't beat a guy who gives a Racing Rules Seminar

and gets a Black Flag in the Congressional Cup

Who knows Better than B)

As for Ass Comfort

6103kl0lz-L._SL1000_.jpg

If I'm goin 60 miles on a Bike,

it's gunna be @ 75+ mph in 6th gear all the way ^_^

Maybe this should go on the motorcycle thread but I shouldn't post there anymore until I actually have a motorcycle. That said, if anybody sees a clean 250 enduro for sale anywhere west of vegas, please let me know. I've decided that's on my 'by 50' list. Anyway, observe as this asshole driver videos an asshole biker get taken out by an asshole other driver.

Maybe this should go on the motorcycle thread but I shouldn't post there anymore until I actually have a motorcycle. That said, if anybody sees a clean 250 enduro for sale anywhere west of vegas, please let me know. I've decided that's on my 'by 50' list. Anyway, observe as this asshole driver videos an asshole biker get taken out by an asshole other driver.

At least he had on all the gear. His head bounced pretty hard off the pavement when he went down. I live in a helmet-law state and I'm always surprised when I go to FL or TX where there is none and see dudes wearing nothing but do-rags. You gotta be nuts to ride without a helmet...

Riding without a lid is prime Darwinism.

I'd have been dead 2 or 3 times before my mid 20's if I rode without one.

When you wake up to find your helmet cracked 1/2 way across you know it saved you.

Woody. This is the shit that goes. I saw a deadhead sticker on a Cadillac.( Boys of summer Don henely 1984)

Same BS different decade.

You know your old when you think the same bullshit is something new.

Cane we chaninge name of threade to "Woodeye's Viewe" It coud be licke Mickey Rooney sedgemente on 60 minittes.

You spelled it wrong, it is 60 Mittens

Riding without a lid is prime Darwinism.

I'd have been dead 2 or 3 times before my mid 20's if I rode without one.

When you wake up to find your helmet cracked 1/2 way across you know it saved you.

Yep, same here. Had a crotch rocket back in the 90s in College and took a bad fall once (idiot old lady!) and had it not been for the helmet, I'd be dead or a vegetable now.

Having said that however, I don't think helmet laws should be mandatory. If you want to go kill yourself, kill yourself. I think we take Darwinism out of the picture too often. We'd have a much cleaner gene pool that we do know if we could let stupid people self-cull.

And FTR, I feel the same way about seatbelt laws. Aside from mandatory for children under 18, I think it should be a choice. I don't move my shift from park before clicking the seatbelt in. But for others, given we have decades of evidence that seatbelts save lives - if you're so stupid to drive without one, hopefully you kill yourself before you can breed.

The small "L" libertarian streak in me generally agrees with you. But if you're going to crash and knock your head, make sure you actually die and you also indemnify me from your heirs suing me for your wrongful death in the event I was involved in the accident in any way.

The small "L" libertarian streak in me generally agrees with you. But if you're going to crash and knock your head, make sure you actually die and you also indemnify me from your heirs suing me for your wrongful death in the event I was involved in the accident in any way.

You certainly shouldn't get a free pass if you caused the accident. But one of the arguments to force seatbelt and helmet laws on society is the issue of who pays for the treatment should they live? If the guy without a helmet crashes his bike, the injuries are more serious and that drives the cost of insurance up for all of us. Its a fair point, but I would get around this stipulating in the insurance policy that you waive any and all claims to medical care paid for by the insurance company AND by society as a whole should you choose to NOT wear your seatbelt or helmet. IOW, we get to pull the plug on you if you were stupid enough to ride a bike without a helmet and now you're in a brain-dead coma. It's all about informed choices..... You pays your money, you takes your chances.

I had a dirt sub who bought a huge Honda motorcycle and had a Harley emblem put on the gas tank. He said chicks would like it.

THAT was some serious posing.

We never really got along.

I have a 60-year-old buddy who took up cycling five years ago after a heart attack.

He has a bike that has flat bars, no signwriting, old canvas bag on back for water and tyre fixing stuff, does more than 20 kms most days at a stiff pace.

He wears the cheapest legal helmet, board shorts, baggy T-shirt, dirty old running shoes.

He's very seldom on the road, zipping through parks and sidewalks, but every so often he joins the Sunday morning Lycra-clad mob with their $6,000 carbon bikes, and embarrasses many of 'em.

I have a 60-year-old buddy who took up cycling five years ago after a heart attack.

He has a bike that has flat bars, no signwriting, old canvas bag on back for water and tyre fixing stuff, does more than 20 kms most days at a stiff pace.

He wears the cheapest legal helmet, board shorts, baggy T-shirt, dirty old running shoes.

He's very seldom on the road, zipping through parks and sidewalks, but every so often he joins the Sunday morning Lycra-clad mob with their $6,000 carbon bikes, and embarrasses many of 'em.

Yeah, and???