Thinkng of possibly selling my Figaro 1 and buying a Bravura 29

Thoughts?

I like this boat, but I understand it is hard to sail to it's rating. very few made makes it an easy PHRF hit if you do well.

That. Many years ago I crewed on a 30' that went from 162 to 150 rating within 2 years, were only a dozen or so made. The committee determined that there was one at 150 that was competitive. Don't remember the owners name but he also was the starter on an AC boat. The others that were racing were 159 to 162. Owner wound up donating it. You win fleet a couple of times and it's game over.

Isn't that the boat that someone once called "A Great Value" ? - and the mocking that followed that review helped make a name for a certain website....

Why? Assymetric?

Actually have a prod on my Figaro so have both symmetrical and ash

Just have a wandering eye lol

Have had the Figaro for 10 years

Love the cockpit and I pimped it out but may want something faster

get the 34.7 and put a C0 on it

rates 84 where you are

never look back

Despite some previous disagreements between well know parties, I've heard that they actually are pretty good boats, just not that many of them. FWIW, I always get a chuckle when someone mentions the Bravuras on this site... B)

I always get a nervous tick when B-boats are mentioned, thinking back to all the worrying we did over Vapor ( the B-25) after they broke both rudders and went radio silent during Transpac. If you've ever wondered why the size limit is what it is for that race - that's the reason.

rates 84 where you are

never look back

I do like them but a little pricey

At that price I was considering an A31 also

Have beat 10R's a few times with the Figaro though

Nice being able to run deep in 20+ knots true with the symmetrical

rates 84 where you are

never look back

You are very well smart enough to know that things cost what they do for a reason.

Unless it's a J.

rates 84 where you are

never look back

You are very well smart enough to know that things cost what they do for a reason.

Unless it's a J.

lol You are good!

Scot mabey nose moirre detailles, hime and Leiffe our juste licke thisse.......

STLB_zps4c1ilnq0.jpg

:)

lmao

I just bought a B29 (a red one that was laying in Redondo Beach). I come from years of racing offshore singlehanded. I am hoping this boat will do a little more than this as I also want to use it as pocket cruiser with the wife and the kids.

This being said, I had the boat out of the water for 4 weeks and went through a major review of the keel, mast, standing rigging, inboard, chainplates,....list goes on. Leif, the architect has been great and super easy to talk to. I have also installed a sofomarin scoop as I am planning to build water ballast tanks down below. This will take a little of the room down below but will be worth it for shorthanded sailing and comfortable cruising.

Boat super well built - I used to build boats for a living so trust my judgment on that - and fun to sail. Also very spacious for its size.

Jerome

Sailed that particular boat (#1) when it first launched. Despite all the BS about the boat on this forum, it was quick in the light and yes, it was well built.

No Aso on the boat back then, and it still had an aluminum mast but it went fine and we sailed well against H33's. Nice interior too.

On 3/24/2017 at 1:28 PM, Snaggletooth said:

Scot mabey nose moirre detailles, hime and Leiffe our juste licke thisse.......

STLB_zps4c1ilnq0.jpg

:)

Comparing dick lengths?

11 minutes ago, Irrational 14 said:

Sailed that particular boat (#1) when it first launched. Despite all the BS about the boat on this forum, it was quick in the light and yes, it was well built.

No Aso on the boat back then, and it still had an aluminum mast but it went fine and we sailed well against H33's. Nice interior too.

Hi Leife!                                     :)

Hobot - He had his own shop - made locally in Costa Mesa, USA. Sad to see no more boat builders in the area.

Personally, I've always thought they looked like a great boat for offshore, shorthanded.  Better than the Figaro II, though?  I dunno about that.

It was sad to see a great boat get so totally trashed on this website all those years ago.  Leif made what...four of them? Five? Sad..shoulda been 60+

• Like 1

There was a B29 in Mass Bay for a number of years. They had a pretty good crew on that boat but it never seemed to quite get up to speed. I don't know how the rating compared, and this one was an asym boat but the pole seemed a bit too short. It was a good looking boat, though.

There's one that's been for sale for a while now, in Grand Haven, MI...name of Tsunami.  It's still out of my budget range but if it wasn't, I'd be tempted.  It ticks pretty much all of my boxes.

2 hours ago, Alan H said:

There's one that's been for sale for a while now, in Grand Haven, MI...name of Tsunami.  It's still out of my budget range but if it wasn't, I'd be tempted.  It ticks pretty much all of my boxes.

that's the one that used to be in Mass Bay. it needs a longer sprit. otherwise it's a pretty well sorted boat.