• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zapata

A reply to dabnis2

25 posts in this topic

dabs it has been noted by management that you are back and up to your old tricks. let this be a friendly warning that our patience with you is wearing thin. knockoff the obvious racist trolling stuff, stop spamming the boards by creating new threads just to reply to someone from another thread, and especially stop posting political content in ga. im itching to bring the ban hammer down on you again so i would suggest you play nice for a while. we give people very wide latitude around here outside the two big no no rules. but sometimes you just know it when you see it when things cross a line. nothing would please me more than to deport your sorry ass back to wbf so i double dog dare you. and you can thank bj because he is the only reason you are even still here.

Two things I just don't get -

1. Sockpuppets

2. Taking pride in being booted from a Forum

send the other wbf exiles back with him

I'm not an exile, I'm on vacation and check in with my secretary at the WBF regularly. Sorry to disappoint you! NOT!

Does that mean you'll get to go home, soon? Good for you!

I'd like to ban the designated hitter rule.

Crash Davis would agree.

That and astroturf. In fact, there should be a constitutional amendment outlawing both.

That and astroturf. In fact, there should be a constitutional amendment outlawing both.

Oh great, as though we don't already have enough contentious topics to discuss here. Please, in the name of all that is decent, don't open the DH or Astro Turf cans o' worms. Please!!

Personally, I think corked bats ought to be legal.... As long as it's natural cork, not superballs, or the like...

Just because Troller Dabs has 2 strikes doesn't mean we have to segue to baseball.

Just because Troller Dabs has 2 strikes doesn't mean we have to segue to baseball.

Even if it's the bottom of the 9th?

sorry, I knew it was a bit outside of the base path.

I second both of the above!

Dabs needs another timeout (he keeps blaming me for the Russian hacking of his computers) and American football must be played on a natural surface in the elements. No domes. Snowflakes.

Since I noticed SA and PA almost 2 years ago Dabs has had a few interesting comments and we actually had a dialogue a couple times. The VORP (value over replacement player) is admittedly low, but I have a soft spot for anybody who works with wood. The gorilla BS before his time in the penalty box, and the recent posts are out there. Fucked up out there Dabs, if you read this. Calm down, breath some cherry scented shop air, whatever it takes.

Do people still play baseball?

Since I noticed SA and PA almost 2 years ago Dabs has had a few interesting comments and we actually had a dialogue a couple times. The VORP (value over replacement player) is admittedly low, but I have a soft spot for anybody who works with wood. The gorilla BS before his time in the penalty box, and the recent posts are out there. Fucked up out there Dabs, if you read this. Calm down, breath some cherry scented shop air, whatever it takes.

No, it's all androids now.

Yeah, they are trying to speed it up a bit this year, tinkering with pitch clocks, maybe. Cut down on all the messing around between pitches, and that includes the ability to just mosey out of the batters box to mess with a pitcher's timing. For some reason they are not messing with the biggie though...pitching changes. Perhaps because those provide an excuse for more commercials.

Pitchers are such a massive investment for the clubs, they pay top prospects large bucks, and it seldom pays off. Nevertheless they protect the shit out of these multi million dollar guys with guaranteed contracts. Pitch counts and rotating them out the moment they appear to have lost a bit of control to protect their investment. Lots of pitching changes, but there is no good reason to insist the game be completely stopped for ten minutes while they throw from the mound on the field. That is what the bullpen is for.

Pitching changes could obviously be accomplished in about two minutes...three maybe...he should be given a chance to throw a few from the mound to get used to its nuances, but that's it.

We're dealing with a lot of shit here.

Lesson number 1. Don't think. It just hurts the club.

We need a live rooster.

We need a live rooster.

We really don't care about your sexual predilections, thanks.

We need a live rooster.

Cuck

We need a live rooster.

For those who missed it, candlesticks always make a nice gift....

While we're on this forum topic, is there anyone else who is getting a "no new posts" window when you click "Next Unread Topic", even though there may be a dozen unread threads?

NT4qhHB.jpg