• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
multihuler

Biggest, baddest Offshore racing catamaran ALMOST FREE trailerable

38'x24' Crowther, Offshore racing catamaran "Nice Pair"
REDUCED TO $48k with $6k / $8k custom trailer.. ,
Rare opportunity to own/campaign a race boat of this caliber, and at a bargain price,
Run with the big boys, under 5000lbs with a PHRF of approx. -45
$65,000 55'Marstrom Carbon Mast
approx 1000sq ft upwind, 1600sq ft reaching, 2500 off the wind
2015 new tramp $2000 ,second tramp two years old,
2016 spectra shrouds, $2,000
2016 double diamond wires, $800.
2015 fresh powdercoated beams(massive). $2,000
2015 3 new Spectra halyards, 2 new wire halyards, $2000.
Newer epoxy paint, 2 coats epoxy primer
carbon reinforced chainplate backing plates, 2015
twin outboards, fenders ,dingy, GPS moving map, flares, vhf, racing head, twin roller furlers
2 Carbon screechers, 1 carbon code O's, carbon jib, carbon main, 2 huge spinakers, autopilot.
can easily sleep 4/5 with over 6" headroom.
Self launching .
See "Nice Pair catamaran" on you tube.
.$300k replacement....
Winner first leg r2ak, 2015, finished 10th 2016
*2000 Set East/West Trans Erie elapsed time record from Erie, PA to Grosse Ile, MI 17hrs and some change.
*2001 3rd in Mills race (Lake Erie), 2nd Trans Michigan/Tripp Trophy (Muskegon to Milwaukee), 1st to Finish/1st in Class/1st overall (if they gave to multis) and set elapsed time record Queen's Cup (Milwaukee to Muskegon) 5h 20 min 1st multi to finish/2nd in class Chicago Mac race, 1st in Bayview Mac race, 1st to finish and set record Dedication Day race North Cape YC to Port Clinton, OH (Lake Erie), 1st to finish/2nd in class Green Island Race (Lake Erie).
*2002 2nd Mills Race (Lake Erie), 1st to finish, 1st overall Trip Trophy Race (Muskegon to Milwaukee) only multi to win the trophy, 1st in class Queen's Cup, 3rd Bayview Mac race, 3rd Chicago Mac race, 3rd Trans Erie race, 1st to finish Dedication Day race, 3rd Green Island race.
*2003 Mills race 3rd, 1st to finish Trans Michigan/Tripp Trophy race, 1st Queen's Cup, 2nd Chicago Mackinac race, 2nd Bayview Mackinaw race
*2004 1st to finish Singlehanded Mac race, 1st to finish Trans Michigan/Tripp Trophy race, 1st to finish/1st in class Queen's Cup
*2005 Singlehanded Super Mac race finisher, 1st to finish/3rd in class Huron Doublehanded Challenge, 2nd Chicago Mackinac race, 1st Bayview Mackinaw race
*2006 3rd in class Mills race, 1st to finish/2nd in class Huron Doublehanded Challenge, 2nd Bayview Mackinaw race, 2nd Chicago Mackinac race.
*2007 1st to finish Singlehanded Mackinaw race, 1st to finish/1st in class Huron Doublehanded Challenge, 2nd Chicago Mackinac race, 3rd Bayview Mackinaw race.
*2008 1st to finish/1st in class Huron Doublehanded Challenge, 1st to finish/1st overall Bayview Mackinaw race, 1st in class/2nd overall Chicago Mackinac race, 1st to finish/1st overall Green Island Race.
*2009 3rd Mills Trophy race, 1st to finish/1st in class Huron Doublehanded Challenge, 1st in class/1st overall Chicago Mackinac race, 2nd Super Mackinac race (Chicago to Port Huron), 1st overall Bayview Mackinaw race.
*2010 1st to finish Singlehanded Mackinaw race, 1st overall Bayview Mackinaw race, 1st in class/2nd overall Chicago Mackinac race.
need time off in life and going cruising..

Priced right to buy another boat....

YES< I BOUGHT AN AD

Pictures on Facebook/look under photos r2akteamgoldenoldiespost-51040-0-08884500-1490824947_thumb.jpg

additional pictures on ebay

Any pix of what is inside the hulls. Also wonder about trailer and how street legal it is, specifically are permits needed for a wide load or can it be towed without a permit. I would need to get the boat to Florida and have trucking experience.

Tom,

The boat has to be taken apart to trailer. Still might be overwide. I saw it on the interstate just north of Stuart heading to the Ft Lauderdale-Key West race. It is a big impressive package on the highway. I've been talking with the owner and think that we can do some cool stuff with the boat if we can get it to Florida. I'm in Pensacola, lets put our heads together. It really is quite a deal. I'll help drive. I've got eventual plans for the boat in Aruba but would re-rig her in Fla and take her down on her own bottom.

She is not wide load and a uhaul is about $750 to Florida. there are lots of pictures on ebay, including the interior and on facebook r2akteamgoldenoldies

I trailered her from Detroit to Reno,Reno to Seattle back to Reno, she tows easily at 60 mph. the trailer is of high quality,custom built for Nice Pair, 6 brand new rims and tires,I don't believe the trailer has ever been in the water.

PS, If my new boat purchase falls out of escrow this reduced price will be retracted. the price is to get someone off their ----post-51040-0-02177800-1490850028_thumb.jpg

Tom,

The boat has to be taken apart to trailer. Still might be overwide. I saw it on the interstate just north of Stuart heading to the Ft Lauderdale-Key West race. It is a big impressive package on the highway. I've been talking with the owner and think that we can do some cool stuff with the boat if we can get it to Florida. I'm in Pensacola, lets put our heads together. It really is quite a deal. I'll help drive. I've got eventual plans for the boat in Aruba but would re-rig her in Fla and take her down on her own bottom.

PM sent

If this was in the southern hemisphere my wallet would fly open and it would be mine....... soooo cheap

If this was in the southern hemisphere my wallet would fly open and it would be mine....... soooo cheap

Would not cost much to get it here. Go for it Pil, give XL2 a competitor.

Talking those larger American dollars though, should have opened the wallet & used some smaller New Zealand dollars & bought Taeping PIL. Cheaper to ship (or sail home) end up with same cost landed in Oz.

I thought I remember reading a disclosure about the mast was sleeved to mend it. If it's not correct I apologize for bring it up. It belongs back on the Great Lakes... ;-)

I thought I remember reading a disclosure about the mast was sleeved to mend it. If it's not correct I apologize for bring it up. It belongs back on the Great Lakes... ;-)

Lock Crowther D#72 his best IMO.

It belongs on Australia's East Coast.

the mast appears to have a sleeve in the center, it looks like it was shipped in two pieces

three years she was for sale and I received 4 full price offers in 48 hours.

I may have lost $20k restoring her, but she is now ready to rumble, your welcome.

ps, Nice Pair now lives in Texas. r2akteamgoldenoldies on fbpost-51040-0-18624000-1491593990_thumb.jpg