Sign in to follow this  
sail69

Karma is a Bitch...

So I read and watch unfortunate incidents occurring while people do their thing on the water.

I have tried really hard not judge anyone anymore after the followed happened to me about 5 years ago;

At a mooring in Vineyard Haven one morning I was having coffee and watching a newish Sabre being bounced around amongst other moored boats in the mooring field by its "handler" as it was leaving.

I comment to my Bride "Geez...I would never do that...".

• Within 10 minutes I fall back into the dinghy from a not-secured transom ladder narrowly missing my head on the engine cowling.
  • Within 15 minutes close a knife on my thumb
  • And within 20 minutes the propane stove spit at me.

Never piss off the Karma Bitch.

That's not karma....that's being a clutz

What'd your bride do prior to your meeting?

That's the real question here...

A few weeks ago, many of us were proclaiming our happiness, that winter was probably over!! Then we got clobbered by two more dumpings of snowfall, fortunately not much for us in the southern latitudes of the state near Long Island Sound and the CT River. We had March weather in February and February's in March. Yes, karma is a bitch!! Dare I say that now it is almost time to take the patio table umbrella out of storage??

Karma is my apprentices sister............all those bad deeds you think you got away with...they come back ten fold

yes speakin from experience.

on to good deeds from now on,no matter what.

Karma is my apprentices sister............all those bad deeds you think you got away with...they come back ten fold

Ime am unfamillere with thet, howe do you 'good deedes' herre?

If dirty deeds can be done dirt cheap, are good deeds expensive?

Don't know about here,but with people and things(pat a dog sometime) in the real world,..........I can always offer good advice.....oops better take some myself.

Less is more

They run between $50 and $5000 depending on what she charges...

We all know that's an extra expense......then try marriage,same as a boat(Bring On Another Thousand).

Good deeds should be free of commission :blink: ....

Don't know about here,but with people and things(pat a dog sometime) in the real world,..........I can always offer good advice.....oops better take some myself.

Less is more

OK, I gette it, notte the sistere. I thouht you talkling abote a niew possitione or somthinge.

:)

We all know that's an extra expense......then try marriage,same as a boat(Bring On Another Thousand).

Marriage is THE most expensive way to have your laundry done for free..

I don't know, I have been married 3 times, I never had a lot of money, you can't get blood from a turnip. Now the emotional price, that's a different story.

Wood Boat (Wads Of Outrageous Dough)!!!!

Less is more

OK, I gette it, notte the sistere. I thouht you talkling abote a niew possitione or somthinge.

:)

Funny guy........really my apprentices sister name is Karma,she is a bitch....I use it as term of endearment...the lessons learned

Be nice,no matter what,be grateful....and pay your bills :rolleyes::o

So I read and watch unfortunate incidents occurring while people do their thing on the water.

I have tried really hard not judge anyone anymore after the followed happened to me about 5 years ago;

At a mooring in Vineyard Haven one morning I was having coffee and watching a newish Sabre being bounced around amongst other moored boats in the mooring field by its "handler" as it was leaving.

• Within 10 minutes I fall back into the dinghy from a not-secured transom ladder narrowly missing my head on the engine cowling.

Your problem is really one of luck and judgement. You'll be ok, so long as you don't sign on to the wrong boat for an ocean race. That bit of poor judgement could turn out really badly for someone with luck like yours.

Your problem is really one of luck and judgement. You'll be ok, so long as you don't sign on to the wrong boat for an ocean race. That bit of poor judgement could turn out really badly for someone with luck like yours.

Ah damn...your right. Better make a phone call quick...

• Like 1

I think that's an attempt at redemption or atonement.

Coming out of Friday Harbor Marina yesterday and a 45' power boat is coming down the wrong side of the way, directly at us. At the last second spins the boat to the right and into his slip. Requiring and aggressive pivot and near miss from us. 

Idiot then hits forward instead of reverse and punches it into the dock. 

I love Karma!!

WL

• Like 1

Especially instant Karma like that. :D

On 4/3/2017 at 8:54 AM, sail69 said:

Sounds like an east coast thing.

Out west we worry about tacos.

• Like 2

After work sail before Saturday’s date, on my home reservoir.  Light wind, warm, usual collection of jet skis and pontoons,    A pontoon drifting nearby decides to head in too, and motors up to cross my bow.   Since I’m going so slow, it’s not really a big deal.    

Que sound of revving engine, loud clanking, and the engine powering down.    

Man’s voice “Go Go Go!”

Repeat sound of revving engine, loud clanking, engine powering down.

Man’s voice “Don’t stop in front of the damn sailboat,   Go!    Move it!”

Slow gybe collapsing the sail and coming to a standstill in the light air.

”Woman’s voice, quietly:  “You need to pull up the anchor,”

A small dog that spent a decade tormenting a crocodile on her owner's property in Australia has been eaten by the animal she taunted for so long. Owner Kai Hansen, who often had guests and even television crews at his house south of Darwin to watch Pippa the terrier chase the crocodile into the water, watched in horror as she tested the reptile's patience too far and was dragged into the water.

• Like 2