• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
Point Break

Win an IPad Popup

I cleared all sites visited and cookies, shut down and restarted. It hasn't happened again.

Oops, just happened again.

Doesn't mean it's gone. Get that shit gone! Have you run search and destroy and malwarebytes?

Or a boot scan? I'm not even sure if you can do one of those on an iPad.

Safari on iPad, iOS 10.3.

what is your search engine set to? that is a config setting on the ipad.
Google

I use duck duck go on the ipad and have never had those type of popups , my iphone is using google and I have had a few popups on there.. Maybe that is what is causing them.

Safari on iPad, iOS 10.3.

what is your search engine set to? that is a config setting on the ipad.
Google

I use duck duck go on the ipad and have never had those type of popups , my iphone is using google and I have had a few popups on there.. Maybe that is what is causing them.

Thanks!

I've been getting popups today whenever I click into GA on my iphone, for a site called ingmatic, with an offer for walmart giftcards.  

I've been getting them on my iPhone using safari in private mode- I never use cookies and always surf in private mode which doesn't save history or cookies-

frustrating- been happening all week- logged in or not- 

this is one one instance when the pop up hasn't occurred but time will tell, I've seen in in sailing anarchy, gear anarchy and general anarchy. 

Editedto add i juct recieved it- I fucking hate these ads, if I wanted an iPad, I'd buy one- popup ads make me want bludgeon kittens....don't make me want to bludgeon kittens...

its very frustrating and honestly has kept me from even looking at SA recently... 

fucking ad popped up three times just in responding to this thread- 

Just now, USA190520 said:

its very frustrating and honestly has kept me from even looking at SA recently... 

fucking ad popped up three times just in responding to this thread- 

I'm serious...Ad Blocker was free, set it up in 30 seconds and it completely eliminated the problem. I was getting the exact same problem and only here on SA I might add.

I blame BJ- he left his post and now this... it's all his fault- there's kitten blood on your hands BJ!!

Hell, I've been getting $1000 Amazon Gift Card offers (only on the phone) but I'm not clicking on them

Amazons scare me. A guy could get crushed that way. :mellow:

1 minute ago, Dorado said:

Amazons scare me. A guy could get crushed that way. :mellow:

Yeah, but since they are pretty big you can see them coming a long way off...............

Posted in FAQ Anarchy. Keep getting the redirects on both Safari and Chrome on an iPad. 

Is there anything that'll work for Chrome on the iPad?

12 hours ago, USA190520 said:

I blame BJ- he left his post and now this... it's all his fault- there's kitten blood on your hands BJ!!

I've never had these problems.

Of course, I've been running AdBlock Plus for years...

Yup heres another endorsement for AdBlock. Works great so far.

On 6/25/2017 at 4:08 PM, Point Break said:

Same thing till I downloaded Ad Blocker as suggested to both my phone and iPad. None since.

Thanks!  Seems to have sorted things out on Safari for the iPad. 

12 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Think of all the helpless kittens....

1 minute ago, USA190520 said:
12 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Think of all the helpless kittens....

You all might want to PM the Editor about it.

Ad content was never in my purview anyway.

On 6/25/2017 at 3:55 PM, Sol Rosenberg said:

I've been getting popups today whenever I click into GA on my iphone, for a site called ingmatic, with an offer for walmart giftcards.  

Same here for a few days - I did nothing and it has gone away.

Like these... on chrome I thought ABP was on this machine...got to check now.

IMG_0429.PNG

WTF? We get hit with a stupid format change, then we have to put up with all the damn ads, and now the most annoying scam pop-up that's been going on for a while.

1 hour ago, DRIFTW00D said:

Like these... on chrome I thought ABP was on this machine...got to check now.

IMG_0429.PNG

WTF? We get hit with a stupid format change, then we have to put up with all the damn ads, and now the most annoying scam pop-up that's been going on for a while.

That's what I was getting. Ad Blocker stops it. I have not seen it since installing the app.