Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nettles

Nautos vangs?

Anyone familiar with the Nautos line of equipment in general and maybe even the line of vangs, in specific the #0, part number 91192? It looks like the Hall quickvang, right down to the mast and boom lugs, but the cost is so much less I'm a little wary.

I'm trying to set up a customer with a solid vang and I missed the boat with Hall by a matter of days. I was hoping they could resolve their problems and get a quickvang made and to me in time for my guy but it looks like that might not happen.

I looked and looked for reviews and thoughts on the quality of Nautos hardware, I ended buying close to $400 of their gear now and I've been pleasantly surprised by the quality.

It is indeed the same product numbers and looks as Hall stuff, I suspect it is the same manufacturer (in Brazil) selling under a different name.

I've been buying their dinghy stuff. Some of it is labeled 'HOLT' it has all been fine. I think they are a Brazilian subsidiarity of HOLT-ALLEN.

Purchased one two years ago from marine outfitters in Ontario, quite pleased with operation. The quality of finish does not seem to be as good as some of the more well know units on the market, decals are just stick on letters. Based on price can't be beat. Only issue but probably common to other rigid vangs is the annoying whistling noise of wind blowing through the holes used for adjusting length.