• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Crossland

How to watch live races?

I know this has been explained before somewhere, but I cannot find a comprehensive easy to understand explanation.

How do I watch live and replays of full races on my full screen TV, for qualifying, LV and AC finals in the US?

AC 35 website says that is available by APP, but only on iPhones and iTablets?

Also says Qualifying available on NBC Sports, but that is probably just highlights.

Also says Finals are on NBC National, Is that the regular NBC, or some special channel,and will it be full races?

I tried to get a response from the AC 35 website but got no response. Thanks for any explanation.

^ get a month of Smooth Streams for ~US$10 a month - it's the best sports streaming service you will find. They'll have NBCSN and many other feeds I'm sure.

Also on Android.

It is fuck all use to those of us in most of the world where Schiller sold exclusive broadcast rights to subscription-only broadcasters but I believe delivers live coverage in the USA.

I'm interesting in sorting a Kodi add-on for a stream that will be playing races...any ideas?

Google "BT Sport Kodi". BT is playing whack-a-mole on pirate sites. They close down one and another opens. If they'd allow a monthly subscription I'd pay it but I'm not paying for a year to watch a month of the AC.

I'd be surprised if there were not also Kodi streams of coverage from other countries.

Personally I expect to be watching on Canal+. Legal and full coverage of races with a French commentary but not live.

Also on Android.

It is fuck all use to those of us in most of the world where Schiller sold exclusive broadcast rights to subscription-only broadcasters but I believe delivers live coverage in the USA.

Does that include Italy, pls?

Remember there's the BBC doing their thing too! If you don't live in the UK, just get a VPN and watch it on the Iplayer. (https://www.streamvia.com/ ) is a nice n' secure one, it's not even that expensive. Just remember to get the UK vpn if you're serious about this ;)

BBC has done a summary programme a day after each ACWS has finished. Afaik BT Sport bought an exclusive UK deal on live coverage in AC35.

I don't know the position on the AC app in other specific countries but apparently VPN doesn't help to fake it as it checks GPS (and doesn't work if GPS is disabled).

I know this has been explained before somewhere, but I cannot find a comprehensive easy to understand explanation.

How do I watch live and replays of full races on my full screen TV, for qualifying, LV and AC finals in the US?

Also says Qualifying available on NBC Sports, but that is probably just highlights.

Also says Finals are on NBC National, Is that the regular NBC, or some special channel,and will it be full races?

I tried to get a response from the AC 35 website but got no response. Thanks for any explanation.

If you want to see all of the racing, the app is the only way to go in the US. If you have an Android device with HDMI out or casting (wired best) then you can watch everything on a regular - larger size TV.

The NBC family of OA, cable and streaming networks will not devote the time to broadcast a full sailing regatta, let alone races of "foreign" boats.

The LV final coverage will depend on the teams involved, but to see every race, again the app, coverage will be split between NBCSports on cable and the streaming service.

The entire AC (Finals) will be on NBC this year with poorly placed commercial breaks (like roundings, crossings or whenever something important happens) so the app again is the best for "raw coverage".

I'm interesting in sorting a Kodi add-on for a stream that will be playing races...any ideas?

Google "BT Sport Kodi". BT is playing whack-a-mole on pirate sites. They close down one and another opens. If they'd allow a monthly subscription I'd pay it but I'm not paying for a year to watch a month of the AC.

I'd be surprised if there were not also Kodi streams of coverage from other countries.

Personally I expect to be watching on Canal+. Legal and full coverage of races with a French commentary but not live.

they seem to be full up, i'm on a list to get aboard. maybe i need a referral? I'm really nice if you met me :)

One way to make sure the audience is tiny is to make certain it's really hard to figure out how to watch.

Audience was already going to be tiny. I think they are aiming for miniscule.

Bunch of morons.

If you have an Android device with HDMI out or casting (wired best) then you can watch everything on a regular - larger size TV.

Android device with a GPS, I believe, as the app won't work otherwise. That information from others who have attempted to use the app over VPN to access streams that would otherwise be geo-blocked. I haven't personally tried it. So the AC app would not allow streaming on an Android set-top box which don't in general have GPS. If you have reason to believe that statement is wrong, I'd be interested to hear.

One way to make sure the audience is tiny is to make certain it's really hard to figure out how to watch.

Audience was already going to be tiny. I think they are aiming for miniscule.

Bunch of morons.

It does seem like they have their head up their arse that they wouldn't really care!!

Is there a way to watch the races online? Even pay per view?

I will be between NZ, Aus and the UK during racing and don't want to miss out.

BBC has done a summary programme a day after each ACWS has finished. Afaik BT Sport bought an exclusive UK deal on live coverage in AC35.

I don't know the position on the AC app in other specific countries but apparently VPN doesn't help to fake it as it checks GPS (and doesn't work if GPS is disabled).

Someone invent a gps vpn, that would be well nice.

Can watch it on all of these sites. Free as well.

https://www.vipleague.se/

http://www.stream2watch.cc/

http://ifirstrowus.eu/

No ad breaks? all the races?

If you have an Android device with HDMI out or casting (wired best) then you can watch everything on a regular - larger size TV.

Android device with a GPS, I believe, as the app won't work otherwise. That information from others who have attempted to use the app over VPN to access streams that would otherwise be geo-blocked. I haven't personally tried it. So the AC app would not allow streaming on an Android set-top box which don't in general have GPS. If you have reason to believe that statement is wrong, I'd be interested to hear.

Set top box will not work. Location Services must have GPS sensor. I use a tablet with GPS built in. I tried 2 different set tops, the app didn't even show up in the Play Store. The app knows if your sevice has GPS or not. Sucks big time.

But using the tablet allows me a number of options when combined with a phone. I can connect to an 80 in and 40, then watch main race feed and 2 tech feeds, such as on board a boat and overview of course at the same time.

The one good (and probably only good) thing about the app is the availability of multiple feeds. In the case of the AC, to be on board each boat and have the regular race feed will be awesome.

^^ I've successfully used the Hola GPS app in the past on my Android device for geo-blocked content including the BBC, but I've admittedly never tried it with the AC app

Here's what it says when I select USA. It's possible that there will be some Challenger racing live on Facebook to everyone for the 4-team round.

--

NBC Sports will provide live coverage for the Louis Vuitton America's Cup Qualifiers. (May 26 - June 3)

America's Cup Facebook page and official App will provide live coverage of the Louis Vuitton America's Cup Challenger Playoffs. (June 6 - June 8)

NBC Sports will provide live coverage of the Louis Vuitton America's Cup Challenger Playoffs Final. (June 10 - June 11)

NBC National will provide live coverage for the America's Cup Match presented by Louis Vuitton. (June 17, 18, 24 & 25)

https://www.americascup.com/en/where-to-watch.html

Someone invent a gps vpn, that would be well nice.

Can watch it on all of these sites. Free as well.

https://www.vipleague.se/

http://www.stream2watch.cc/

http://ifirstrowus.eu/

No ad breaks? all the races?

These are illegal streams so it is just someone rebroadcasting whatever is broadcast. So if the original source has no breaks... I have watched some of the ACWS on it and they didn't have any breaks. I think it was the BBC broadcasts if I remember correctly. It was at least limey commentators.

Set top box will not work. Location Services must have GPS sensor. I use a tablet with GPS built in. I tried 2 different set tops, the app didn't even show up in the Play Store.

I can install the AC app from the Play Store onto a set top box. I can also install one of many apps that are supposed to allow you to spoof GPS location. Apparently Pokemon game players are keen to do this, I have no idea why! But Google Maps either doesn't know my location at all or knows the correct one, I have not succeeded in spoofing it. Possibly this is because the box hasn't a real GPS and the technique would work on a device that does have one.

Set top box will not work. Location Services must have GPS sensor. I use a tablet with GPS built in. I tried 2 different set tops, the app didn't even show up in the Play Store.

I can install the AC app from the Play Store onto a set top box. I can also install one of many apps that are supposed to allow you to spoof GPS location. Apparently Pokemon game players are keen to do this, I have no idea why! But Google Maps either doesn't know my location at all or knows the correct one, I have not succeeded in spoofing it. Possibly this is because the box hasn't a real GPS and the technique would work on a device that does have one.

I cannot get any of my Android boxes to even show the AC app as a download option. I had problems with my tablet in the beginning. It would not work until I actually turned on the GPS.

I think the app is looking for the sensor so spoofing the location will probably not work.

BT Sport will show every single Race of the ACQ, Playoffs and AC Match LIVE. I can't promise anything but I'm working with someone from a Torrent Tracker who has BT Sport in HD and may record each Day. As I said I can't promise. VIASAT in Sweden (ART) will also show every Day I believe.

any idea if this will be on a bundled channel or will they create some premium channel for it?

I cannot get any of my Android boxes to even show the AC app as a download option. I had problems with my tablet in the beginning. It would not work until I actually turned on the GPS.

I think the app is looking for the sensor so spoofing the location will probably not work.

I think that might be a USA/UK difference. You can download the app here and even subscribe. What you won't get is the streaming content. I am 100% certain the app can be downloaded and runs on a set top box here as I've tried it and fwiw it works.

^

I've still got to find a way to watch the races.

There is not way I'm going to pay for Sky, they are fleecing scumbags.

Last time I could watch using Sky at work, but I'm not going to work between 10pm and 3am to watch the cup on Sky!

Following this with interest.

I am NZ based too, I disconnected SkyTV last year, and am loathed to go back unless I have to.

VPN access to something like the BBC sounds an option, the problem is we won't know if NZ's crap internet delivery is up to the job until its too late to organise an alternative.

Sky's 'fan-pass' or 'fan gouge', might be an option, unless they do their normal trick of putting the AC on a pop-up channel and it not being available there....

Grr....

What does Sky cost?

I subscribe to these guys (https://mystreams.tv) for all the random sports we can't get here in the US. I pay $10 a month, but you are allowed 3 external IPs connected at any one time so myself and two friends each pay the $120 sub every third year. They also have monthly plans for $13 - so find two friends and you'll have full access to the entire regatta for less than lunch. Most major events are streamed in both 540p (SD) and 720p (HD) and if you don't see a feed you can request it and they almost always find a source. They have BT, NBCSN and several other networks that will likely carry live coverage. I access it via an Android box on my TV, but they have IOS and Android apps plus a web option too.

^ it will be on SKY 1 for those unsure. I usually get the 1 week fan pass as it's reasonable ($20) for what I want it for. Best deal would be $55 for the one month package, that should cover most of the LV and AC and pretty good value if you ask me as a one off.

Sky costs about $80 NZ per month for a fairly basic package I think.

To add AC on top would be another $20 I would guess.

Plus you need to sign up for 6 months minimum.

^ not fanpass...and the good news it's being televised on Sky Sport 1 not some shit fuck pop up channel...Jaysper, I'd run with the $55 package mate...ok Sky are a bunch of fuckwits, but to be honest it's the best option....and the added benefit is you can watch the other sports as well...

I'm hoping to get together with Old Stumpy and few other TNZ fans in the Bay of Islands and watch in one of the places, Swordfish Club or the like, to watch might cost more in booze but at least the locals get it mostly not SHY.

Jesus, and I thought Time Warner Cable was expensive!

They have a monopoly down here and they treat us that way too!!

I've posted this a few times.

SKY in NZ has a service called SkyGo that allows users to login and stream from anywhere. It doesn't cost extra and doesn't effect the traditional sky broadcast. Ring up a friend, grandparent, brother or anyone you know who has sky and get them to register for the service - you can reassure them that it doesn't affect their own viewing or cost a cent. Then you get their login and piggy-back on their account. I watched the whole ACWS like that and it was perfect hi-def viewing.

Yes, in NZ SKY would be basic ~NZ$50 + Sport ~NZ$30 and you probably want to add HD Ticket ~NZ$10 - you can negotiate both the HD ticket and the minimum service period if you already have a satellite dish. FanPass will probably get you the entire event streaming for <NZ$80 (TBC) and as stated above, if you have a friend with a SKY account (with Sports) and they have have a spare SKY Go device/connection you could use that but you want to get that sorted now as there's a 30 day restriction on device changes. FanPass and SKY Go don't support native casting (to a big screen) but if your (Android) phone does screen mirroring that will work fine.

I think you'll need a VPN with an NZ endpoint to subscribe to or watch SKY (NZ) content if out-of-country but stand to be corrected on that.

Alternatively (any country), if you have a PC (or Mac?) you can install Bluestacks or any other Android emulator and run the official AC app in that. You can emulate a GPS sensor and give it whatever data you want (an example here). You'll still need to use a VPN with an endpoint in a country that has the content available to mask your computer's IP address.

..... fanpass...and the good news it's being televised on Sky Sport 1 not some shit fuck pop up channel...Jaysper, I'd run with the $55 package mate...ok Sky are a bunch of fuckwits, but to be honest it's the best option....and the added benefit is you can watch the other sports as well...

Hallelujah! Thank you mate!

That solves my viewing problem. Can watch Sky Sports with friends but this way can view at time of my choosing at home. And all for 50 bucks.

For questions there is a long and excellent FAQ page https://fanpass.co.nz/faq

Not made clear in the FAQ but a chat with Sky confirmed the month deal is 31 days from date of sign-in and not for calendar month. If Bermuda goes over 31 days I'll cheerfully go for second month.

I will access through Apple TV to get big screen view. Have fibre service so hopefully HD viewing.

Note: FP requires Flash Player which my IT support guy hates and has wiped from my laptop. We'll restore it for a month.

If Bermuda goes over 31 days I'll cheerfully go for second month.

You can also top it up a week or a day at a time if you don't need a full second month!

That's the one 👍

You can also top it up a week or a day at a time if you don't need a full second month!

That's the one 👍

Duh! Of course. Thanks. Was so bloody pleased to get the 31 day option I forgot about the one-day and one-week choices.

Ditched Sky a year ago for Freeview, Apple TV and Netflix. Only downside is lack of sports but Fan Pass in small doses solves that and we still save over $1k annually.

Any ideas who will be broadcasting in Sweden?

VIASAT will show every Race Day as far as I know so you'll get plenty of Artemis Coverage :)

On the viewing guide / where to watch page on the americascup.com site, if you select Sweden on the drop-down, the official broadcaster is TV4. There is an iOS app for TV4, and if you have a Chromecast, you can cast from your iOS device to your Chromecast device.

TV4 (in Sweden) replied nicely to my question. Even provided a (preliminary) broadcasting schedule

Can you please share that schedule with us here? Chances are high that I'll be watching the LVC (and hopefully AC) on the TV4 iOS app.

^ it will be on SKY 1 for those unsure. I usually get the 1 week fan pass as it's reasonable ($20) for what I want it for. Best deal would be $55 for the one month package, that should cover most of the LV and AC and pretty good value if you ask me as a one off.

i don't see a one month fan pass offered on the website?

You talking 'bout Sky NZ, right?

See my post #53 here a couple of days ago with help from other members here.

Essentially, you can subscribe to Fan Pass for a day, a week or 31 days to access Sky Sports channels 1 - 4

I will access through Apple TV to get big screen view. Have fibre service so hopefully HD viewing.

Note: FP requires Flash Player

TV4 (in Sweden) replied nicely to my question. Even provided a (preliminary) broadcasting schedule

Some bad news, I'm afraid. I've just confirmed with TV4 that a subscription to their pay service, CMore, is required.

Some bad news, I'm afraid. I've just confirmed with TV4 that a subscription to their pay service, CMore, is required.

Sure, but you can cancel it after 1 month and the cost is $10 per month.. Not too bad. Unfortunately it is region blocked - so no reason to buy for non-Swedes.

You talking 'bout Sky NZ, right?

See my post #53 here a couple of days ago with help from other members here.

Essentially, you can subscribe to Fan Pass for a day, a week or 31 days to access Sky Sports channels 1 - 4

Note: FP requires Flash Player

https://fanpass.co.nz/packages?type=0

shows day or week packages. Seems to me that after reading all the faq's the month pass is only available to chromecast buyers.

No matter, only $60 buck for 4 week.

UK:

http://www.yachtingworld.com/americas-cup/how-to-follow-the-americas-cup-on-tv-online-and-the-radio-66311

How to watch on TV

The UK and Ireland Live Host Broadcaster for the 2015-2017 America’s Cup will be BT Sport. Broadcast times will be updated on the America’s Cup website (www.americascup.com/en/home.html) when scheduling details are confirmed.

The BBC will be broadcasting race highlights.

At London On-Water:

If you are visiting London On-Water 2017, on 8-11 June, don’t miss the chance to follow the race.
The event will host the ‘America’s Cup LIVE’, where you can watch the teams battling it out on a big outdoor screen on Marble Quay at St Katharine Docks.

Can someone explain to me in the year 2017, why we can't have ONE website that anyone in any location in the world with internet access can browse to and watch the races!!!??????

Why does it always have to be so difficult????

Sure, but you can cancel it after 1 month and the cost is $10 per month.. Not too bad. Unfortunately it is region blocked - so no reason to buy for non-Swedes.

It's like the Eurosport Player, about 6-7 €, that's pretty cheap I must say.

But is America's cup send on Eurosport ? Just a lot of uninteresting (i.e. non-sailing) sports from what I can see.

Can someone explain to me in the year 2017, why we can't have ONE website that anyone in any location in the world with internet access can browse to and watch the races!!!??????

Money - it's all about the dollar

UK:

http://www.yachtingworld.com/americas-cup/how-to-follow-the-americas-cup-on-tv-online-and-the-radio-66311

How to watch on TV

The UK and Ireland Live Host Broadcaster for the 2015-2017 America’s Cup will be BT Sport. Broadcast times will be updated on the America’s Cup website (www.americascup.com/en/home.html) when scheduling details are confirmed.

The BBC will be broadcasting race highlights.

At London On-Water:

If you are visiting London On-Water 2017, on 8-11 June, don’t miss the chance to follow the race.

The event will host the ‘America’s Cup LIVE’, where you can watch the teams battling it out on a big outdoor screen on Marble Quay at St Katharine Docks.

So the only way to watch in the UK (if not already with BT) is to pay a £35 activation fee followed by £23 a month or part thereof. Hmmm, pity but that's too much for me on top of a Sky subscription - there isn't even any football at that time of year to make the cost more bearable.

its not like they are getting ready for half the country to watch the Match, and not get away with paying for only a week.

bastards, they must be killed

I'm gonna screen record the bbc programs via the iplayer, if you ask nicely I might send you guys an unlisted YT link :D. If you're interested send a PM, 2 gold bars and an unlimited supply of cookies ;). No seriously, just send a PM with an email address, any gold bars/cookies are still appreciated though. 

5 hours ago, barfy said:

its not like they are getting ready for half the country to watch the Match, and not get away with paying for only a week.

bastards, they must be killed

Fuckers. Sky has a terminally ill product, but they're determined to kill it off by other than natural causes. 

Fucking wankers Sky are...make sure if you getting Fan pass get it for a month on the 23rd May....at least you'll get a month for $55.

We wanted to let you know about some changes we’re making to the passes available on Fan Pass.  

We wanted Fan Pass to give Kiwis the freedom to dip in and out of sport by offering short-term flexible passes. However, sports rights aren’t cheap and it’s just not stacking up for us as much as we’ve tried to make it work. So we’ve had to make the following changes which will affect you:

-  From 24th May, you’ll no longer be able to get a Day or Week pass on Fan Pass.

- The cost of the Month pass will increase from $55.99 per month to $99.99 per month from 24th May. 

- We’ll be introducing a 6 Month pass which will be a one-off payment of $329.99. It’s a big payment upfront but it still works out as less than $2 a day which is pretty good value. That could give you the entire All Blacks Season from kick off to the final whistle.  

If none of these changes are your cup of tea, SKY have got an offer where you can join SKY with no joining fee and get a $150 account credit on a 6 month Basic contract. If you want further information, call SKY on 0800 800 759

The team at Fan Pass will still be working hard on the side line to make sure you’ve got a great sport streaming service to watch SKY Sport 1-4 and Pay-Per-View Events. 

Thanks

20 hours ago, Alinghi4ever said:

Clicked on your link.  Tried to register.  Got a message that says registration is not possible now due to it being a private community.

http://www.sailweb.co.uk/

And . . . London On-Water 2017 will be THE place to watch America's Cup Races in London!

With a big screen positioned on Marble Quay, the event will be a fabulous place for workers and residents in London to gather for some great on-water action, live from Bermuda!

Located in Central London at St. Katharine Docks, London’s premier marina, with newly upgraded pontoons, and a great new time to coincide with The America's Cup.

On 5/6/2017 at 9:14 AM, **ONTOIT** said:

Fucking wankers Sky are...make sure if you getting Fan pass get it for a month on the 23rd May....at least you'll get a month for $55.

We wanted to let you know about some changes we’re making to the passes available on Fan Pass.  

We wanted Fan Pass to give Kiwis the freedom to dip in and out of sport by offering short-term flexible passes. However, sports rights aren’t cheap and it’s just not stacking up for us as much as we’ve tried to make it work. So we’ve had to make the following changes which will affect you:

-  From 24th May, you’ll no longer be able to get a Day or Week pass on Fan Pass.

- The cost of the Month pass will increase from $55.99 per month to $99.99 per month from 24th May. 

- We’ll be introducing a 6 Month pass which will be a one-off payment of $329.99. It’s a big payment upfront but it still works out as less than $2 a day which is pretty good value. That could give you the entire All Blacks Season from kick off to the final whistle.  

If none of these changes are your cup of tea, SKY have got an offer where you can join SKY with no joining fee and get a $150 account credit on a 6 month Basic contract. If you want further information, call SKY on 0800 800 759

The team at Fan Pass will still be working hard on the side line to make sure you’ve got a great sport streaming service to watch SKY Sport 1-4 and Pay-Per-View Events. 

Thanks

i still can't find the option to purchase a months pass on the site. Can you share a linky please?

On 5/6/2017 at 9:14 AM, **ONTOIT** said:

Thanks