Crossland

How to watch live races?

2 hours ago, Barnyb said:

where is the Tasker / Lester commentary? 

got this from Kaihoe over on the Team NZ thread..
Posted Friday at 09:16 PM · Report post

[    On 5/5/2017 at 8:29 PM, Jazz Freak said:

Will Radio Sport be doing audio commentary? I'm not sure I can stick more of Tucker T..]

"Toyota will have an alternate commentary team Tasker/Lester.......internet only."

can you check their .co.nz site and see if there are any links/info? I don't have access to an NZ ip right now...

11 minutes ago, Jazz Freak said:

Works well with a Valencia ip

Excellent. The next question is if their feed will have Spanish commentary or the AC feed, the announcement at AC.com doesn't say.

10 hours ago, ~Stingray~ said:

The Spanish TV channel signed up recently, there may be a way to proxy as 'Spain' and get the stream for free. ?

http://www.rtve.es/m/alacarta/tve/

I was coming to post this. It'll be broadcasted through their channel "Teledeporte", since there are many apps that let you watch the Spanish TDT emissions (TDT is the signal you get free all around Spain) maybe you can all install one of them and watch the races there.. 

3 hours ago, Nodrog said:

For NZ residents being dicked by Sky, don't forget the special deal from the telemarketers

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?forumid=106&topicid=160441&showanswer=yes

Results in only half a dicking, $50 per month for MySky, Sports, and Soho channel, or $40 for no Game of Thrones etc

If it looks too good to be true, you can be sure it is too good to be legit.

^ tis true KJ, its the telemarketing cmpny sky use, know plenty of people use it. Signed up today, install on Friday

You need to have been 'off' sky for at least 1 month, sign up for 6 month minimum term, and you get this pricing for a year.

If you're a real cheapskate disconnect after 11 months, 1 month notice, then 1 month without, then re-sign...

During the AC world series, I was able to buy a subscription on the official AC App that made it super easy to watch all the races live and via replay the next day.  But, with two weeks to go to the start of the Louis Vuitton qualifiers, the Android AC app doesn't allow me to purchase a subscription.  I've emailed their help desk and after 5 days waiting I got an email saying that there was a new release of the app that would allow me to subscribe using the 'Events' tab after I log in to my AC+ account.  I'm running the newest version (4.1.7 dated May 11, 2017) but it doesn't have an 'Events' option at all.

Hope they get it fixed before the racing starts!

Looks like we will not have race access through the app for the LV & AC. 

Thanks for your email.

NBC Sports are due to announce broadcast schedule in the United States. Please keep and eye on the NBC Sports website and app for further details. Due to our rights holder agreement with NBC, AC+ content will not be available in your location.

2 hours ago, Alinghi4ever said:

They have fixed it. If you want to buy the APP it costs rougly 10 $ for the entire Cup (ACQ, Playoffs and Match)

How do we get to that payment option via the app?

For those in Australia, Foxtel have finally added the America's cup qualifiers to the programming guide.  first race is is on channel 505HD starting Saturday the 27th at 6.00am till 8.00am.  Not sure why foxtel are keeping it quiet, you would think if they paid for the coverage they could at least market it a little bit. 

On 5/12/2017 at 1:23 PM, Spreader Boots said:

Thanks for your email.

NBC Sports are due to announce broadcast schedule in the United States. Please keep and eye on the NBC Sports website and app for further details. Due to our rights holder agreement with NBC, AC+ content will not be available in your location.

What!!!???  I thought the app would show EVERY race?

On 5/12/2017 at 1:23 PM, Spreader Boots said:

Thanks for your email.

Just to add... We are 12 days out and they don't know the broadcast schedule!!!!!!  Come on!!!

^

Moderator is Gerhard Leinauer.

Commentator will switch between Roman Hagara and Hans-Peter Steinacher. (the YAC organisers)

Racing will normally start at 19:00 local in Germany. In Austria they will not be live but start at 22:00.

A preview can be seen on...

ZDF zeigt am 21. Mai ab 17.10 Uhr in der Sportreportage einen ausführlichen Vorab-Bericht von Reporter Nils Kaben, der mit seinem Team auf Bermuda und im Great Sound gedreht hat.

I seem to remember us being able to stream ACWS racing on ServusTV, somehow.

Downloaded their app (its in all-German) just now, but that won't stream it live and I can't tell why.

On 5/12/2017 at 7:34 PM, Alinghi4ever said:

I don't know. Someone told me it will be 10 $. I'm not going to use the App anyways. Waiting for HD-SportBits to upload BT Sports AC Content, should come during the Day on May 27. Takes awhile to re-encode after Racing finishes on Day 1 (May 26).

Finally figured this out.  My Android app updated for the 3rd time in 3 days or so.  

Click on the burger patty (3 horizontal lines) in the top left corner, and choose "Events".  I caved in and purchased a 2017 season pass (for roughly the equivalent of $10). 

The article also says that TV broadcasting on ServusTV will start with the playoffs. However both Round Robin will be streamed online without German commentary but in its original form. 

So that might be a solution for you guys. Hola should give you a German IP in case it is geoblocked. 

19 minutes ago, ~Stingray~ said:

I seem to remember us being able to stream ACWS racing on ServusTV, somehow.

Downloaded their app (its in all-German) just now, but that won't stream it live and I can't tell why.

I also only see the red circle spinning...
Is HD too much data to process for my old phone?

10 minutes ago, Rennmaus said:

I also only see the red circle spinning...
Is HD too much data to process for my old phone?

I think my problem with the app must be with location, unless the app is down for everyone right now? 

Nav's browser link does not stream for me either, so I probably need to take the Hola sugggestion.

Hola should give you a German IP in case it is geoblocked.

Tantalizing possibility anyway, along with the probably also-free Spanish feed.

I have an NBC SN app (and also cable TV with that channel in the USA) but am hoping to find a feed with fewer, or even no, commercials. The AC app would have done that, until the email posted above suggested it will instead be block in the US.

45 minutes ago, Rennmaus said:

I have a German IP, and the streaming site (Win7 laptop) works well. It's just the app that stalls

What my app looks like (black). The vids under Video do play.

IMG_1259.thumb.PNG.1e780a2aed1b94c45eab72ea16cc7e6d.PNG

11 hours ago, ~Stingray~ said:

What my app looks like (black). The vids under Video do play.

IMG_1259.thumb.PNG.1e780a2aed1b94c45eab72ea16cc7e6d.PNG

I can confirm that a VPN is required in order to access either the app or the livestreaming website on a PC.

^ You have mentioned that several times. It is not live is it? Hardly comparable with even the worst stream then, but still a great resource for later especially for those whose time zone means they wont watch live anyway.

Was just watching Servus online - nothing wrong with that ATM.

Canal + worked before as well. Was there a Swedish feed?

Cricfree.sc and other sports streaming sites will be there as well of course ;)

There was a Swedish feed but it was subsequently geo-blocked. Canal+ has indeed been a good way to catch up on full ACWS races (French commentary) and I hope they will similarly provide delayed AC coverage.

4 minutes ago, Alinghi4ever said:

Honestly, why it's so important for you to have it "Live". I take quality over a live broadcast any Day. I watched Servus online and it gets in and out.

If you care about the results, it's hard not to watch live - you spend the whole time between the event and the broadcast torn between wanting to know who won and not wanting to spoil the broadcast, having to avoid the media, etc. Not worth it if there are live offerings.

^Depends on what country you're in. From the website:

The America's Cup Mobile App (iOS & Android)
If there is no broadcast arrangement in your country, live coverage is available on mobile devices from the AC App.

*PLEASE NOTE: For the following countries there will be no live video coverage on the AC App, but virtual graphics with commentary only:
United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Monaco, Australia, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela

https://www.americascup.com/en/where-to-watch.html

The NBC schedule is on the link in the previous post, for those who want it. As far as I can see, everything is live except opening day, which will broadcast two hours late on NBC Sports. Not sure about the app, though - maybe that'll be live?

In NZ : Another option (to a full Sky subscription, or FanPass) to prevent total reaming by Sky : get a friend who has Sky to organise an additional Sky decoder (I think it's called MultiRoom) through Sky. It's legit, and Sky knows that people take this extra decoder to their bach, boat etc - but they turn a blind eye. My "friend" has her main decoder (for which she pays full price) and two extra decoders which are each charged at $25/month - they have access to the same package the main decoder does. Obviously requires that the extra decoders are plugged into a satellite dish pointing at the Sky satellite. In my case, I used to be a Sky customer but ceased using them - but the dish and cabling was left in place....handy! 

Racing Starts at 2PM EST but coverage doesn't begin until 6PM EST?????

Louis Vuitton America's Cup Qualifiers
Day Date Air Time (ET) * Channel
Friday 5/26/2017 6:00-8:00P NBC Sports Network & App
Saturday 5/27/2017 1:00-3:00P NBC Sports Network & App
Sunday 5/28/2017 1:00-3:00P NBC Sports Network & App
Monday 5/29/2017 1:00-2:30P NBC Sports Network & App
Tuesday 5/30//2017 1:00-2.30P NBC Sports Network & App
Wednesday 5/31/2017 1:00-3:00P NBC Sports Network & App
Friday 6/2/2017 1:00-3:00P NBC Sports Network & App
Saturday 6/3/2017 1:00-3:00P NBC Sports Network & App

I was looking at sky tv NZ website.. Being the only broadcaster, You would think it would be advertised.. There is little to nothing on the skytv.co.nz website about the americas cup. Its in the tv guide - as of today you can go as far forward as day one.

But if you look at the sport section on the website, it is only really rugby information

There was a full schedule printed in this months Skywatch magazine. You won't have seen it if you bin it like I usually do...

[edit] But did find it here...

https://skytv.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3674/~/louis-vuitton-america’s-cup-qualifiers

54 minutes ago, starlyte said:

I was looking at sky tv NZ website.. Being the only broadcaster, You would think it would be advertised.. There is little to nothing on the skytv.co.nz website about the americas cup. Its in the tv guide - as of today you can go as far forward as day one.

But if you look at the sport section on the website, it is only really rugby information

And that's the problem with monopolies.  Sky NZ info and programming is all but impenetrable.  All about selling and marketing and sweet FA about best ways to use it.  However you can take it that they will cover every minute of AC competition in Bermuda.

What we don't know with just eight days remaining to the first gun is Sky's plan for how they'll show it -- the lack of info you cite raises fears that we'll get the raw ACTV feed from Bermuda.  In other words, the "company line."  Say it ain't so!  You'd think they would "sweeten" their replay with dedicated Kiwi hosts and commentators assigned to Bermuda, or at the very least some local talking heads stuck in a studio in Auckland and watching the same stuff as their viewers.  Same problem with Sky Australia I'd guess.  But so far, nada!  It's all piss poor.

Presumably you're aware that for you the best deal from Sky is Fan Pass.  It's 100 clams for a full month for the digital device viewing App that shows the four primary Sky sports channels.   It was only 50 bucks a month ago but then they doubled the price. I call that gouging and exploitation which is why I won't be signing up.  I had trouble finding mention of Fan Pass on the Sky website.  It's in small white print on the black panel at the bottom for the home page.  And it still talks about daily and weekly passes which are ending next week.  On the eve of Cup racing they are switching to monthly passes only.   

See: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11850847

Fuck 'em, and the horse they rode in on!

4 hours ago, KiwiJoker said:

And that's the problem with monopolies.  Sky NZ info and programming is all but impenetrable.  All about selling and marketing and sweet FA about best ways to use it.  However you can take it that they will cover every minute of AC competition in Bermuda.

What we don't know with just eight days remaining to the first gun is Sky's plan for how they'll show it -- the lack of info you cite raises fears that we'll get the raw ACTV feed from Bermuda.  In other words, the "company line."  Say it ain't so!  You'd think they would "sweeten" their replay with dedicated Kiwi hosts and commentators assigned to Bermuda, or at the very least some local talking heads stuck in a studio in Auckland and watching the same stuff as their viewers.  Same problem with Sky Australia I'd guess.  But so far, nada!  It's all piss poor.

Presumably you're aware that for you the best deal from Sky is Fan Pass.  It's 100 clams for a full month for the digital device viewing App that shows the four primary Sky sports channels.   It was only 50 bucks a month ago but then they doubled the price. I call that gouging and exploitation which is why I won't be signing up.  I had trouble finding mention of Fan Pass on the Sky website.  It's in small white print on the black panel at the bottom for the home page.  And it still talks about daily and weekly passes which are ending next week.  On the eve of Cup racing they are switching to monthly passes only.   

See: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11850847

Fuck 'em, and the horse they rode in on!

Fuck 'em is right. Bunch of arseholes. 

I'm going to use sky go.... but I'm concerned it won't hold up and will end up being a buffering stuttering mess. 

I may need an alternative. I do have Kodi with exodus, but I don't know how to use it!

19 hours ago, Enzedel92 said:

Racing Starts at 2PM EST but coverage doesn't begin until 6PM EST?????

Louis Vuitton America's Cup Qualifiers
Day Date Air Time (ET) * Channel
Friday 5/26/2017 6:00-8:00P NBC Sports Network & App
Saturday 5/27/2017 1:00-3:00P NBC Sports Network & App
Sunday 5/28/2017 1:00-3:00P NBC Sports Network & App
Monday 5/29/2017 1:00-2:30P NBC Sports Network & App
Tuesday 5/30//2017 1:00-2.30P NBC Sports Network & App
Wednesday 5/31/2017 1:00-3:00P NBC Sports Network & App
Friday 6/2/2017 1:00-3:00P NBC Sports Network & App
Saturday 6/3/2017 1:00-3:00P NBC Sports Network & App

Anybody???? Wha gives??? So I guess the races won't be live in the USA?

There's no American team?

38 minutes ago, Enzedel92 said:

Anybody???? Wha gives??? So I guess the races won't be live in the USA?

That's day 1 - they're starting the races later presumably so that they are after work our time so the potential audience size goes up.  All of the races are live on NBCSN (NBC's dedicated cable sports channel, not the OTA network)

I just downloaded the app, very disappointed that it doesn't have ChromeCast as part of it! Watching sailboat racing on a 9" screen is silly.

^Couldn't you just download Google Home (or whatever it is called these days) and cast your entire device to the larger screen?  I've done that with other apps and while it's annoying to see the home and back buttons on screen, it's much better than watching it on a puny device

I don't think you can mirror an apple device to the big screen unless the app is ChromeCast enabled, which the AC app is not...

31 minutes ago, Trevor B said:

I don't think you can mirror an apple device to the big screen unless the app is ChromeCast enabled, which the AC app is not...

Yeah/nah!  

It's a little black box called Apple TV that's been around since Sept 12, 2006.  Still could be better but with 11 years to refine it the latest iteration works rather well.

9 hours ago, Trevor B said:

Oh, I didn't realize that!  I guess if you make bad decisions in life you deserve the consequences :D

In Italy, not so bad after all: on pay-TV, looks like all races live (plus replay of previous day), 80€ reader + fixed costs, 24€/month for the two months I'll be using it. Done

On 5/19/2017 at 10:25 PM, starlyte said:

I'm going to use sky go.... but I'm concerned it won't hold up and will end up being a buffering stuttering mess. 

I may need an alternative. I do have Kodi with exodus, but I don't know how to use it!

Why would it not hold up and end up being a buffering stuttering mess?

I piggy-back off my daughter's Sky account and use Sky Go to watch important sporting fixtures and have never experienced this. Given that live broadcasts of LV and AC racing will be on in NZ mostly at quite inconvenient times (5:00AM), the viewership of these races will never match numbers watching an All Blacks test game in the evening and I've often watched tests on Sky Go with no evidence of buffering or breakdowns in streaming.

Surely everyone in NZ without their own Sky subscription knows someone who does have one? Just let them sign up and use their account. It costs nobody anything extra and the quality of broadcast (in my experience) is excellent.

On 19/05/2017 at 9:48 PM, barfy said:

^ do tell. what add on are you looking at?

:)

I don't have a specific recommendation I'm afraid but you won't find a suitable add on in the official repo so you'll need to install an alternative one. Start here:

https://addonhq.com/best-kodi-repositories-2017/

What you'll ideally want to find is an add on that streams a legit broadcasters feed, I suspect you'll find multiple NBC ones. The alternative is a generic sports streaming add on but this may be more difficult to get a good feed from.

10 hours ago, Cassidy said:

Why would it not hold up and end up being a buffering stuttering mess?

SKY Go was a steaming pile of failure about this time last year during pretty much any popular event. They've made substantial improvements since then so I'd expect streaming to be okay for the AC.

In case this is useful for UK viewers

http://sport-onthebox.com/bt-sport-showcase-hd-watch-live-sport-freeview-channel-115/

BT Sport Showcase is a free-to-air channel available on Freeview which offers a selection of live events and programming to non-BT Sport subscribers.

FRIDAY 26th MAY

Sailing: America’s Cup Qualifiers
Day 1: Bermuda
LIVE  9.00pm-11.00pm

BT Sport Showcase HD is available on FREEVIEW channel 115

CLICK HERE to watch a FREE ONLINE STREAM of BT Sport Showcase events

Did anyone figure out whether the app will show all the races live in the US or not? AC website and the app "where to watch" page do not list US as restricted, but the disclaimer that popped up during installation said there will only be 2nd screen or something like that. 

3 hours ago, erdb said:

Did anyone figure out whether the app will show all the races live in the US or not? AC website and the app "where to watch" page do not list US as restricted, but the disclaimer that popped up during installation said there will only be 2nd screen or something like that. 

Am still curious too ^

More about NBC (USA), my fallback

http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2017/05/22/nbc-sports-group-to-present-more-than-40-hours-of-coverage-of-2017-americas-cup-from-bermuda-beginning-this-friday-may-26-on-nbcsn/

3 minutes ago, ~Stingray~ said:

As am I.  What's the answer?  Live races or not on the App in the USA?

23 hours ago, ~Stingray~ said:

BT Sport Showcase HD is available on FREEVIEW channel 115

Which is apparently available to 75% of UK households. Not however this one.

Could Schiller have tried any harder to stop me watching the AC?

does that stupid AC app give replays?  I'll be able to watch live so looking into options on replays.  replaying the whole race rather than 5 minute highlights

I got an a reply to my inquiry:

Thanks for your email.

Due to our 2017 rights holder agreement with NBC Sports, access to the LIVE BROADCAST features of AC+ are not available in your region.

Please see our "where to watch" page for more information including the NBC Sports schedule: https://www.americascup.com/en/where-to-watch.html

Kind regards,
John

BTW, that link still doesn't list the US as restricted... I don't have NBC Sports and I would have paid for watching it on the app, but now I'll have to watch it free somewhere. Idiots.

18 hours ago, ~Stingray~ said:

From that link, Alastair Eykin (must be British?)

Alastair Eykyn (play-by-play) and former America’s Cup Helmsman and Volvo Ocean Race skipper Ken Read (analyst) will provide race commentary throughout the 2017 America’s Cup. Veteran announcer Todd Harris will anchor NBC Sports Group’s pre-race and post-race studio coverage on-site from Bermuda’s Great Sound during the Louis Vuitton America’s Cup Challenger Playoffs and the America’s Cup Match, presented by Louis Vuitton.

Not sure if this is the right place to post but another thread made me think of this. I am in New Zealand but the price increase in Fan Pass has made it too expensive. I have been giving fabiptv.com a try and it is cheap((£2 for 1 day, £6.5 for one month) and you can choose from several streams on multiple platforms. Means you can pick and choose from BT/Sky sport etc. 

Here is the video that convinced me to get it (Uses Amazon firestick but I have been using the chrome browser on my PC and Chromecast to get it on my TV).

24 minutes ago, Rudder_NZ said:

Not sure if this is the right place to post but another thread made me think of this. I am in New Zealand but the price increase in Fan Pass has made it too expensive. I have been giving fabiptv.com a try and it is cheap((£2 for 1 day, £6.5 for one month) and you can choose from several streams on multiple platforms. Means you can pick and choose from BT/Sky sport etc. 

Which raises the interesting question of whether various Sky feeds like Britain, Australia, NZ etc will all feature the same commentary team regardless of country?

4 minutes ago, KiwiJoker said:

Which raises the interesting question of whether various Sky feeds like Britain, Australia, NZ etc will all feature the same commentary team regardless of country?

I think BT Sport is broadcasting the AC in the UK. From memory they normally have a panel that talk between races but during the race they use the commentary from AC. New Zealand Sky normally have an alternative commentary. Closer to race time I will try post a link in this thread so people can stream in VLC. 

44 minutes ago, Rudder_NZ said:

I think BT Sport is broadcasting the AC in the UK. From memory they normally have a panel that talk between races but during the race they use the commentary from AC. New Zealand Sky normally have an alternative commentary. Closer to race time I will try post a link in this thread so people can stream in VLC. 

Yer right of course.  My error BT is the Brit licensee,

So in France no way to watch the races even if you were willing to pay for it :you have to subscribe to canal+

And I understand similar situation in many countries. 

This is so utterly ridiculous... 

So I've decided to suck it up and fork out a $100 for 31 days of sky 1 which will get me nearly all races qualifiers through to the Cup Match at June end.

I don't have sky at all but the fan pass means I can stream through my mac and send to big screen.

Thats all good, I figure that that AC34 cost me a truck load of fun tickets so whats a hundy for guaranteed AC35 viewing with good def.

But is it guaranteed?, the fan pass website TV schedule only lists viewing schedules up to the 30th May, the final day of qualifiers.

What happens after the 30th?, does Sky move the goalposts and demand more cash to pay per view for the challenger and cup races.

No amount of searching the sky website can give me this answer, i'm in the cue to get an answer on this via their live chat service.

Not sure when or if they will reply.

Anyone know what Sky's game plan is?

8 hours ago, Rudder_NZ said:

Here is the video that convinced me to get it (Uses Amazon firestick but I have been using the chrome browser on my PC and Chromecast to get it on my TV).

You should try out Smooth Streams too if you primarily use it for sports.  I used to have Fab but moved to SS due to less buffering and generally higher quality, more reliable streams (they also allow you to share the sub among 3 friends so it's dirt cheap).  This was a year or so back, so I'd be interested to know if their service has improved. 

After following this thread and reading all replies (but not understanding some....), In the US; 

The NBC Sports programs are only 2 hours long, so they do not have full live or replay, but a combination of live and highlights. Is that correct? 

If I want to watch all of the action, I can buy the AC App and watch it live or replay on my IPad. Is that correct?

AND, if I want to shell out $150 or so, I can buy the Apple TV Gen 4 and watch what is on the AC App on my TV. Is that correct?

1 minute ago, Crossland said:

After following this thread and reading all replies (but not understanding some....), In the US; 

The NBC Sports programs are only 2 hours long, so they do not have full live or replay, but a combination of live and highlights. Is that correct? 

If I want to watch all of the action, I can buy the AC App and watch it live or replay on my IPad. Is that correct?

AND, if I want to shell out $150 or so, I can buy the Apple TV Gen 4 and watch what is on the AC App on my TV. Is that correct?

i dont believe the AC app has live coverage in the US.

This is sooo bullshit that ACEA cant give clear guidance on what the fuck is going to be shown.

2 minutes ago, Enzedel92 said:

full race replays or highlights?

The NBC and NBCSN shows will include the racing live.

The times shown are Eastern but if you toy around with that site you can enter a zip code to get local times, and local channel numbers depending your cable broadcast provider. 

I seem to recall that some of the early racing was going to also be shown live on the AC's FB page.

Thanks Alinghi (never thought I'd say that). Question is when BAR (Ben Ainslie Ramming) get sent home after the Semi's will BT put the LV and AC matches on freeview, or just drop the entire thing?

14 minutes ago, Alinghi4ever said:

The LV Finals & the AC Matches will not be on Freeview but register on HD-SportBits and you will get every Race Recording from BT incl. Challenger Final and AC Match.

Yer I know that's the plan at the moment, just speculating on what might change. BT sport don't work on my PCs as I've not bought an Oracle licence, and I'm certainly not giving LE any money. That's why as a Brit I'm not supporting BAR, but ETNZ. LE, RC, BA et al. are determined to move the AC away from the DOG, but without the DOG the AC is just another shiny trophy. History is very important for the AC and sailing, ETNZ are the only team to openly oppose LE, although I'm not sure AR are that keen.