• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Crossland

How to watch live races?

11 hours ago, KiwiJoker said:

I was going to use Fan Pass in its old configuration and had a "live chat" exchange in which I was told I'd get a full 31 days from the limited subscription start date.  If the racing went the full distance that would leave the last two or three days shut out.  No problem I was going to use the one day or one week pass. 

UNTIL Sky moved the goal posts to one month only Fan Passes.  So $200 to watch.

Fuck 'em! That's highway robbery.  Not the price of a car perhaps but a 300 per cent increase.  They lost me as a viewer, now and in the future.

And in reply to your last question I don't think Sky NZ even knows what it's Game Plan is, other than gouging and trying to stay afloat.

I get for existing subscribers its a massive stitch up, particularly as the schedule rolls over 1 month so you gotta pay 2 hundy for 34 days odd...on top of your ongoing monthly fees if a subscriber.

But I really want reliable viewing...like I said the last AC cost me truckloads and I have not missed an AC for ...well forever I think?..

Live chat with Sky is dead chat, 24 hours now and have still not had a reply from them about the fan pass 1 month schedule on sky 1, all we know is that we will get the qualifiers. I will not give them a cent until they put something in writing.

58 minutes ago, **ONTOIT** said:

So is this actually any good? How reliable? What happens to your credit card details etc??

So i just took Rudder NZ advice and signed up for 1 day to see how it works, spent the last few hours pissing around with it. 

Was only a coupla quid to try 24 hour service, gave them my credit card and all going to plan I now have a Nigerian relative I never knew about using my card to free up his fortune.

I am streaming straight to Mac and have tried Safari, Chrome and Firefox browsers.

Safari works best and definition is good but for some reason I cannot loose the big fat "play triangle circle thingy " in centre of screen, Chrome I cannot get it to play at all, Firefox works well but seems to freeze up when connected to TV.

Many of the channels listed had dead url's, I tried about 20 channels and around a 3rd had url not found.

UK Sky 1 did work perfect so thats a bonus as I think thats the channel showing first 3 days of racing.

I will try again tomorrow when I am on fibre at work and see if i can get it functioning well but for now I may yet go with the streaming reaming Sky NZ is going to give me.

For those in NZ:

Sailing: How to watch and follow the America's Cup

• The race callers are Alastair Eykyn, the play-by-play commentator, and Ken Read, the expert analyst. Eykyn is a Brit who works for the BBC and BT Sport, with rugby and tennis his specialties. Sailing aficionados know little about him while Read is highly respected. He is a top sailor who helmed Dennis Conner's America's Cup boats in 2000 and 2003, skippered Ocean Race campaigns, and is a sailmaker/businessman. Read was a TV analyst for the last America's Cup in San Francisco.

• Sky TV claims customer surveys reveal New Zealand commentators are less important to viewers than "clear dictation and a good knowledge and enthusiasm for the sport".

• Radio Sport has the exclusive audio rights. All races will be called live by commentary icon Peter Montgomery and seven time America's Cup sailor Tony Rae. NZME/NZ Herald will carry live blogs of all the races, with former TNZ member Professor Mark Orams the key analyst alongside the Herald's yachting writer and chief sports journalist Dana Johannsen, who is in Bermuda. TV journalist Martin Tasker and ex-TNZ sailor Peter Lester will add to the blogs which will track all races with a special emphasis on Team New Zealand.

• Sky TV "reached out" to Team New Zealand, offering them the chance to provide an alternative commentary. The obvious candidates are the old firm of Tasker and Lester, who are in Bermuda and are providing NZME/NZ Herald with the Toyota-sponsored dockside reports. But there doesn't appear to be any progress on the Sky offer, and Lester was unaware of it. This is unusual, a rights-holder offering a commentary slot to one of the event competitors. But the America's Cup is no ordinary sporting contest, with the defender also running the regatta. It is understood BMW's backing of Oracle prevents rival carmaker Toyota - a TNZ sponsor - from being associated with the Sky coverage.

• Sky's New Zealand-based analysis will be crammed into a show hosted by Bernadine Oliver-Kirby every race night at 8.30 (on Sport 4, Channel 54). The experts include Orams, while other panelists are world ranked match racer Chris Steele, highly successful Olympic head coach and former Team New Zealand weather strategist Grant Beck, national youth sailor representative Micah Wilkinson, and Rio Olympic silver medallists Molly Meech and Alex Maloney. Sky says there are "more names to come" including former TNZ sailors.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11863082&ref=NZH_fb

14 minutes ago, Barnyb said:

For those in NZ:

Sailing: How to watch and follow the America's Cup

• The race callers are Alastair Eykyn, the play-by-play commentator, and Ken Read, the expert analyst. Eykyn is a Brit who works for the BBC and BT Sport, with rugby and tennis his specialties. Sailing aficionados know little about him while Read is highly respected. He is a top sailor who helmed Dennis Conner's America's Cup boats in 2000 and 2003, skippered Ocean Race campaigns, and is a sailmaker/businessman. Read was a TV analyst for the last America's Cup in San Francisco.

• Sky's New Zealand-based analysis will be crammed into a show hosted by Bernadine Oliver-Kirby every race night at 8.30 (on Sport 4, Channel 54). The experts include Orams, while other panelists are world ranked match racer Chris Steele, highly successful Olympic head coach and former Team New Zealand weather strategist Grant Beck, national youth sailor representative Micah Wilkinson, and Rio Olympic silver medallists Molly Meech and Alex Maloney. Sky says there are "more names to come" including former TNZ saarnilors.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11863082&ref=NZH_fb

Thanks Barney.  At last good info in a plain vanilla story about the coverage we can expect out of Bermuda. No Rattue biullshit in this one.

Kenny Read is a good operator.  World class skipper and helmsman, knows all the people and the plays, has a nice relaxed style and is no stranger to sailing commentary despite his primary role as president of North Sails Group.  I only hope his Brit anchor Eyken gives him plenty of opportunity to spell out what's going on. 

1 hour ago, Dreamwakes said:

I get for existing subscribers its a massive stitch up, particularly as the schedule rolls over 1 month so you gotta pay 2 hundy for 34 days odd...on top of your ongoing monthly fees if a subscriber.

But I really want reliable viewing...like I said the last AC cost me truckloads and I have not missed an AC for ...well forever I think?..

Live chat with Sky is dead chat, 24 hours now and have still not had a reply from them about the fan pass 1 month schedule on sky 1, all we know is that we will get the qualifiers. I will not give them a cent until they put something in writing.

Good luck with your "free" viewing!

I don't like Sky pricing and won't be subscribing, tho I'll visit with a friend who can record all coverage.

FYI, for Fan Pass questions Sky NZ has is a long and excellent FAQ page https://fanpass.co.nz/faq

As others have mentioned you get four SkySports channels with all their 24/7 content 

It is not made clear in the FAQ but I succeeded in a  chat with Sky that confirmed the month deal is 31 days from date of sign-in and not for calendar month.  The Cup could be over within that period if the result is 7-1.  If it goes to the full 12 races, or there is a weather delay, you'd need to buy a second month.

Yes, I saw the calendar and saw that it was designed to ensure the second month subscription.

If you needed evidence that it's a corporate product, you have it now.  So it's come to this ...

3 minutes ago, random said:

Yes, I saw the calendar and saw that it was designed to ensure the second month subscription.

If you needed evidence that it's a corporate product, you have it now.  So it's come to this ...

Ah! You see the big picture. Russell Coutts is conspiring with Sky NZ to double their take, and he probably gets at least 50 per cent. I wonder how that works in other countries.

1 hour ago, Dreamwakes said:

UK Sky 1 did work perfect so thats a bonus as I think thats the channel showing first 3 days of racing.

I think it's actually on BT Sport in the UK, but with Fab you should also have access to the NBCSN and Canal streams

11 hours ago, TurmoilJ said:

I don't think this is a repeat: if you are in the US and don't have a cable subscription that includes NBC sports, the best option I have found so far is Sling TV

It's included in the 'Blue package' which is $25/month, no minimum:), and with the 7 days free they look to be currently offering, that might be all you need. And it says you can stream on up to 3 devices...

I haven't taken the plunge, so cannot comment on how well it works; and I may have missed a gotcha in the fine print!

I have SlingTV and switched my subscription to the Blue package last night, which has NBC Sports. I looked at the schedule and confirmed that the races are on starting tomorrow. It is $25/month and you can cancel anytime, so it can be a cost-effective way to get NBC Sports without having to get an expensive cable package. Moreover, the quality of SlingTV currently is good. It had some buffering issues about a year ago but is rock solid now. You'll need a box of some kind (AppleTV, Roku, Xbox, etc.) to watch it on your television, but you can also download the SlingTV app on your phone or computer and watch everything there. For an extra $5/month, you can add a DVR function if you cannot watch the races live (and they may be available on demand anyway after the airing live -- the NBC Sport channel on SlingTV has a couple of races from AC34 available to watch on demand).

tl;dr: SlingTV should be a good option for watching in the US.

Anyone know if any of the on-line mags Sail World etc. or even SA are going to be giving a text ticker like you get on Cricinfo. So at least we can keep up to date as it happens. 

Watching replays and highlights do nothing for me, I want to know what's happening live.

13 hours ago, react said:

NBC lists Friday starting at 4:00 pm "digital only"

http://www.nbcsports.com/live/2017-05-26

This is what shows up when I search NBCSNHD.  Time shown is Eastern in the US.  My DVR is showing 5 to 7 pm Central time.

Sailing: America's Cup: Fleet Racing

NEW

From Great Sound in Hamilton, Bermuda.

All Upcoming Times for America's Cup: Fleet Racing

1. Fri
  2. 5/26
  3. 6:00-8:00pm
  4. 314 
  5. NBCSN
    • NEW

I will not pay to see an advertising show. Never did for F1, and certainly won't for the AC.
If "Servus" doesn't work, and there's no way to pirate stream, ACEA and the other fuckers don't deserve my eyeballs. Simple as that.

Try the Mobdro app in 'droid.

They are currently streaming the press conference on YouTube, if you compare it to the VOR announcement the other day it is looking really average. Video not embedded, music not slick, anybody could do this...

22 minutes ago, Rennmaus said:

I will not pay to see an advertising show. Never did for F1, and certainly won't for the AC.
If "Servus" doesn't work, and there's no way to pirate stream, ACEA and the other fuckers don't deserve my eyeballs. Simple as that.

Where has the AC gone?  Through the toilet

7 minutes ago, Potter said:

They are currently streaming the press conference on YouTube, if you compare it to the VOR announcement the other day it is looking really average. Video not embedded, music not slick, anybody could do this...

Yeah Mobdro is great if you need a quick-and-dirty solution that you can cast to your TV.  It won't be HD, but it will a lot better than most free browser-based illegal streams and doesn't come with the annoying pop-up ads

I just checked the Mobdro app and both NBCSN and BT Sport streams are rock solid, so should make a great option for anyone using Android looking for a free stream

48 minutes ago, Potter said:

Thanks a lot! I will try it in a couple of days, as I'm traveling ATM and have other things in mind.

6 hours ago, laser 173312 said:

Anyone know if any of the on-line mags Sail World etc. or even SA are going to be giving a text ticker like you get on Cricinfo. So at least we can keep up to date as it happens. 

Watching replays and highlights do nothing for me, I want to know what's happening live.

If we get some interest we can set up a live stream text ticker tape commentary thread here on SA.

Of course this will tap into those on SA that are smarter than any of the actual commentators and also those that think they are smarter than the actual commentators (which captures pretty much all here) 

2 minutes ago, Barnyb said:

If we get some interest we can set up a live stream text ticker tape commentary thread here on SA.

Of course this will tap into those on SA that are smarter than any of the actual commentators and also those that think they are smarter than the actual commentators (which captures pretty much all here) 

I guessed there would be plenty of comments on SA once things kicked off, just trying to prompt the idea. Not worried about commentary as such, but a digest of facts is what I want, How far ahead are ETNZ at each mark, who BAR have hit in the last 5 minutes, the penalties applied to OTU for rule infringements, and of course I need to know each time JS decides to abandon ship and go for a swim.

:D

21 hours ago, TurmoilJ said:

I don't think this is a repeat: if you are in the US and don't have a cable subscription that includes NBC sports, the best option I have found so far is Sling TV

It's included in the 'Blue package' which is $25/month, no minimum:), and with the 7 days free they look to be currently offering, that might be all you need. And it says you can stream on up to 3 devices...

I haven't taken the plunge, so cannot comment on how well it works; and I may have missed a gotcha in the fine print!

10 hours ago, porthos said:

I have SlingTV and switched my subscription to the Blue package last night, which has NBC Sports. I looked at the schedule and confirmed that the races are on starting tomorrow. It is $25/month and you can cancel anytime, so it can be a cost-effective way to get NBC Sports without having to get an expensive cable package. Moreover, the quality of SlingTV currently is good. It had some buffering issues about a year ago but is rock solid now. You'll need a box of some kind (AppleTV, Roku, Xbox, etc.) to watch it on your television, but you can also download the SlingTV app on your phone or computer and watch everything there. For an extra $5/month, you can add a DVR function if you cannot watch the races live (and they may be available on demand anyway after the airing live -- the NBC Sport channel on SlingTV has a couple of races from AC34 available to watch on demand).

tl;dr: SlingTV should be a good option for watching in the US.

Sling TV (and youtube tv if you're in the right area) will work but only for stuff that's broadcast on NBCSN. But that won't include the LV semifinals (which seem to be NBC app only) and possibly anything that's outside their broadcast windows if there are changes and they aren't willing to extend them.

It's probably worth someone (Clean?) pinning a few options at the top of the thread as given ACEA's history this is going to be a clusterfuck.

To get things started:

Free

Mobdro - only for Android but a great service with both NBCSN and BT Sport streams available. Probably the best free service I've encountered: https://www.mobdro.com/

Cric4Free - web-based and comes with nasty pop-ups so make sure you have a good blocker, but should have multiple free streams: http://cricfree.sc/

First Row - same as the above http://xn--frstrowsports-pjb.eu/

Stream2Watch - ditto: http://www.stream2watch.eu/

Paid

Sling TV - US-only (I think?) internet TV service that carries NBCSN.  Cost is $25 a month (only Blue has NBCSN) but they have a 7 day free trial.  I used this a year or so ago and was disappointed with the quality (buffering was a big issue), but apparently things have improved: https://www.sling.com

Fab IPTV - about US$8.50 for a month and crazy extensive channel list (someone mentioned SKY NZ feed would be available, but I don't see it here: https://pastebin.com/qcf6CrH5). Will work via web, VLC, Android and Firestick devices. Sign-up for service here: https://fabiptv.com/cart.php

Smooth Streams/MyStreams - sports-focused internet service with a more limited range of 24/7 entertainment channels than a traditional IPTV service. They accept Bitcoin and Paypal, and a month one plan costs about $13-15 depending on whether you use BC or PP. Have a Kodi repo as well as Plex and Android. This is now my preferred service as they focus on providing HD sport streams rather than being a full entertainment service and they've been pretty solid in my experience.  https://mystreams.tv/ 

Sports Access - I don't have personal experience with this service, but it's generally presented as a back-up for Smooth Streams.  General consensus is SS is more reliable, but it's possible these guys might have alternative feeds: http://sportsaccess.se/

Ahhh....  usin Apowermirror, able to stream my phone on PC screen...   already better, as the AC35 app dont accept tablets!

here the link to app (android) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apowersoft.mirror&hl=en&rdid=com.apowersoft.mirror

Working well with recorded video. I just hope the AC stream will be OK :-)

For real fullscreen, you will have to take the paying version of the app, but like this, free and convinient

phone on PC.jpg

From the ETNZ website: 

"Follow Emirates Team New Zealand’s campaign to bring home the America’s Cup through through Emirates Team New Zealand Facebook Live in association with Toyota and Vodafone"

Does that mean they are streaming the races? 

4 hours ago, ~Stingray~ said:

'More idiots at the side there. From some former British colony it seems. Don't know from where exactly but they look annoying.'

The Aussies are a foot, cant see them..You'd hear them before you could see them"

12 hours ago, laser 173312 said:

Tune in to NZ's Radio Sport Live and you can submit yourself to the unique experience of Kiwi Cup veteran broadcaster Pete Montgomery agonising or cheering through every tack and gybe. http://www.radiosport.co.nz  Montgomery's unique style might need occasional translation or explanation.  We're here to help.  For example "liquid Himalayas" are bloody big waves, not that they'll be likely on the Great Sound millpond.

1 hour ago, Robsi524 said:

From the ETNZ website: 

"Follow Emirates Team New Zealand’s campaign to bring home the America’s Cup through through Emirates Team New Zealand Facebook Live in association with Toyota and Vodafone"

Does that mean they are streaming the races? 

They can't stream races.  Sky NZ has the exclusive here.

Not exactly sure what this is but appears to be digital commentary from Pete Lester and Martin Tasker, both veterans at the game. Perhaps someone here has promo info for the show, the App or whatever.

So i see Vodafone has Peter Lester and Martin Tasker, not Toyota. This must be available anywhere? Probably the best commentators I've seen pop up so far. Being Facebook it's probably not just audio. Animated coverage?

IMG_9910.PNG

11 hours ago, ~Stingray~ said:

'More idiots at the side there. From some former British colony it seems. Don't know from where exactly but they look annoying.'

That's hilarious... Shouldn't have watched it at the office though, lots of strange looks around.

11 hours ago, ezyb said:

It's probably worth someone (Clean?) pinning a few options at the top of the thread as given ACEA's history this is going to be a clusterfuck.

To get things started:..........

Useful, thanks for putting that together.

3 hours ago, terrafirma said:

They all look suss to me. One link takes you to a Virus removal site. Yeah right

So don't watch it then assface or learn how to use a computer.

7 hours ago, Icebreaker said:

Day one racing was going to start later than the subsequent race days. Do we know what the start time will be for the "new" day 1?

I am seeing it at 2000 gmt.

8 hours ago, Icebreaker said:

Day one racing was going to start later than the subsequent race days. Do we know what the start time will be for the "new" day 1?

They are adding 1 hr of racing to Saturday and Sunday to compensate for losing Friday May 26.
Times are now 2 to 5 PM Atlantic or 1-4 EDT.

On 2017-5-25 at 9:21 PM, **ONTOIT** said:

So is this actually any good? How reliable? What happens to your credit card details etc??

It is a popular service with users on Reddit. I have heard no complaints. Channels occasionally go down but with sports you can normally choose between sky sports, BT sports and the US sports channel so there is normally at least one up. I used a prezzy card but I have heard no complaints from people who used their actual credit cards. 

Incredible init?

Tens of thousands of posts in SA about AC35 and then oh, wait a minute, HTF do we watch it?

On 5/24/2017 at 6:19 PM, maxmini said:

Shure will be great to watch all the FLEET RACING ?

I can't believe there wasn't one barely knowledgeable person in the loop that didn't speak up and mention that the AC is a match racing event . 

Just a brief glimpse as to how accurate the coverage will be . 

I was going thru the cable guide, and just as you saw, on the NBC Sports Channel: "Sailing: Live from The Great Sound, Hamilton, Bermuda".

"America's Cup Fleet Racing"

Brought to you by NBC Sports Interns and other non-paid employees because who watches this stuff anyway (NBC probably got paid more than standard infomercial rates for the air time).

I watched the canned show today on NBCSN, it included a few moments from today in Bermuda but was mostly well-chosen AC SF highlights.

Race 19 was closer than what I'd remembered, Barker could be hard to beat again.

Those of us stuck in NZ, know that the only legit TV viewing will be on Sky NZ -- regular subscription or FanPass.

There appeared to be a glimmer of hope that the AC+ App might at least deliver Liveline tracking on phones or tablets.. 

That's wishful thinking.  You may be able to see the App on your phone or tablet but all features will be greyed out.  While some countries with official TV broadcasts can apparently still see some portions of AC+ here in NZ it has been choked off.

Thank you Russell.

11 hours ago, remenich said:

Another way to "see it live": http://excelobscura.blogspot.ch/2017/04/americas-cup-realtime-viewer.html (Copyright Mike Drummond)

Source remenich... 

Mike is working  on it, some issues on some clients, he is tring to resolve. We will check an older version which is working. If not we'll try to stream it live, for those cannot see app or broadcast/stream.

2 hours ago, KiwiJoker said:

Those of us stuck in NZ, know that the only legit TV viewing will be on Sky NZ -- regular subscription or FanPass.

There appeared to be a glimmer of hope that the AC+ App might at least deliver Liveline tracking on phones or tablets.. 

That's wishful thinking.  You may be able to see the App on your phone or tablet but all features will be greyed out.  While some countries with official TV broadcasts can apparently still see some portions of AC+ here in NZ it has been choked off.

Thank you Russell.

Same here in Aus, Fox sport or nothing, App doesn't cover Aus.

Flintstone or Facebook? 

1 hour ago, k2mav said:

Source remenich... 

Mike is working  on it, some issues on some clients, he is tring to resolve. We will check an older version which is working. If not we'll try to stream it live, for those cannot see app or broadcast/stream.

Mike sent me an pretty easy workaround for the error I saw, and it's working great on the test data.... 

1 minute ago, TurmoilJ said:

Mike sent me an pretty easy workaround for the error I saw, and it's working great on the test data.... 

Can you share the work around? 

I have downloaded it but have yet to get it going.

It looks the bees knees so big shout out to Mike

3 hours ago, KiwiJoker said:

Thank you Russell.

is this true? no live virtual eye on the app for NZ?

37 minutes ago, Barnyb said:

Can you share the work around? 

I have downloaded it but have yet to get it going.

It looks the bees knees so big shout out to Mike

If you have the error I saw this will make sense: click on the debug button on the error window; then delete the highlighted line of code. At this point you can click the green arrow at the top of the VBA window and all should be good. Or for a more permanent fix so you don't have to do that each time you open the file, click the square (stop) to end the program and then save. 

Mike has uploaded a new file that fixes the problem I had.It's on the same link. You have it if the file name is Tactical Seagull C.

On 5/24/2017 at 5:18 PM, TurmoilJ said:

I just signed up for the YouTubeTV trial. One month.

Again, just a reminder to Sling and YoutubeTV people - NBC's current schedule is to show the LV semifinals on the app only, not on NBCSN, so you won't have access to those races unless you have a backup plan.

8 hours ago, blackman said:

Should be OK here:

http://www.sky.de/sky-sport-news/livestream-120317

But you have to use a VPN, simulating germany. But in german. May be you can follow te speaker on FB and use this for pics...

Thanks for this link , works great with VPN, but looks like they are not covering all the races on day 1. 

4 hours ago, starlyte said:

is this true? no live virtual eye on the app for NZ?

Yes, you can take that as gospel.

I'm far from comfortable using all the dubious maverick sites offering a solution.  Don't want my computer compromised.   However there is a recent workaround mentioned here authored by Mike Drummond, sailor/designer/engineer starting with TNZ in Perth, then eventually on to Alinghi and finally Oracle before retiring from direct involvement. Anything he does should be both legit and good.

See post #266 here:  

Another way to "see it live": http://excelobscura.blogspot.ch/2017/04/americas-cup-realtime-viewer.html (Copyright Mike Drummond)

•  

Wouldn't Smart DNS be a better, cheaper and easier option than VPN or dubious sites?

https://smartdns.com/

I have not tried it yet but the concept seems logical at least.

And yes, thank you Russell for dissing Kiwis and Ozzies out of viewing options, you are a real mate. Perhaps you should stand for PM in Fiji.

Cheers

3 hours ago, KiwiJoker said:

I'm far from comfortable using all the dubious maverick sites offering a solution.  Don't want my computer compromised.

Buy an Android set top box and an air-mouse. Cheap as chips and you can install pretty much any app that works on an Android mobile. Other posts here have detailed non geoblocked apps that look like they are going to give access to live coverage,

And in the unlikely event anyone from ACEA is reading this, this is fucking ridiculous. If I had a legitimate way to access live racing without tying me into a minimum 1 year contract for sports content I don't otherwise want, I'd pay for it.

59 minutes ago, dogwatch said:

And in the unlikely event anyone from ACEA is reading this, this is fucking ridiculous. If I had a legitimate way to access live racing without tying me into a minimum 1 year contract for sports content I don't otherwise want, I'd pay for it.

Well said that man

1 hour ago, dogwatch said:

This is an issue for all sports. Sports broadcasters and sports teams are run by old white guys. They are used to making monopolistic deals with each other.

^

Yes. The reason Android set-top boxes are selling by the million in the UK is primarily that football (soccer) fans aren't prepared to pay for both Sky and BT Sports subscriptions. The music business is finally recovering because it has worked out that if you allow people to buy one streaming subscription for (more or less) anything they want, most people are prepared to pay for it.

7 hours ago, KiwiJoker said:

Yes, you can take that as gospel.

I'm far from comfortable using all the dubious maverick sites offering a solution.  Don't want my computer compromised.   However there is a recent workaround mentioned here authored by Mike Drummond, sailor/designer/engineer starting with TNZ in Perth, then eventually on to Alinghi and finally Oracle before retiring from direct involvement. Anything he does should be both legit and good.

See post #266 here:  

•  

It appears livedata.americascup.com is down right now and freezes Excel.   If anybody wants to try it with Excel 64bit, you need to add PtrSafe to all of the Win32 API function declarations.  eg. Declare PtrSafe Function ....

So if you push the + button on Sky NZ you can turn the commentary off but it keeps the other sound.

Anyone got better audio to tune into?

Awesome.  As expected, the coverage disappeared for 5 minutes of ads and the race was entirely turned around.  Go NBCSN.

Yeah the BT Sport producers have the good sense to stay the fuck out of the way