Crossland

How to watch live races?

Yes, sounds like the trick works with non-GPS devices, to pretend it is GPS-enabled, but can't override one that is.

Can you manually turn off GPS somehow? Perhaps that would enable the trick.

Not sure on that one, I tried disabling location on my phone but to no avail. Guess it's not a complete winner.

7 minutes ago, ~Stingray~ said:

Yes, sounds like the trick works with non-GPS devices, to pretend it is GPS-enabled, but can't override one that is.

Can you manually turn off GPS somehow? 

Tried a few things, but couldn't find a solution. If locations is turned off, the app wants to turn it on, and when it does, it's back to the same problem. Also tried to run the phone in airplane mode with only wifi on for location with VPN, but somehow the app still figured out I'm in the US...

ive just managed to get the AC+ website working on my pc. it has all the same content as the app.

same principle, use chrome. download a VPN blocker from the google web store (i used Hola again) set the VPN to Denmark this time. (wouldn't work in Austria) then you will also have to install 'location guard' from the chrome web store (the extension has tutorials of how to set it up). it works the same way as hola fake GPS. once again this may only work on certain computers but mine is relatively new has all the bells and whistles. 

go to www.americascup.com (after you have set up your VPN and location guard) then go to top right tab "how to watch" at bottom of the dropdown list click AC+ profile.

if you havent registered then go through the registration process and it should be working. once you're in youll have to purchace the qualifiers and semi finals for about $4 (you will require a google play account or app store account too)

4 hours ago, erdb said:

I tried this, but didn't work. The AC app told me to turn off mock location.

Me too but still let me watch the races live

7 minutes ago, ~Stingray~ said:

That's pretty damn cool, can you please prove it with an AC+ content screenshot?

here. is that proof?

Screenshot (3)1.jpg

26 minutes ago, ~Stingray~ said:

Dang. Can anyone else pull that off?

This content Tomhealey is showing is from the AC App - in other words, from the basic phone and tablet App

Now we want him to show us the AC+ content, in other words the paid tracking content, if I understand the game correctly correctly.  This part includes full race Virtualeye live tracking and fixed views from up to four different boats plus onboard sound. I believe it also offers replays but I haven't made that work.

For legit use it differs country by country. Here in NZ the AC+ section is greyed out.

The boxes showing in the TH post are all short clips.  No full length races with starts, commentaries etc. In other words, G&G -- glitz and glitch.

4 minutes ago, KiwiJoker said:

This content Tomhealey is showing is from the AC App - in other words, from the basic phone and tablet App

Now we want him to show us the AC+ content, in other words the paid tracking content, if I understand the game correctly correctly.  This part includes full race Virtualeye live tracking and fixed views from up to four different boats plus onboard sound. I believe it also offers replays but I haven't made that work.

For legit use it differs country by country. Here in NZ the AC+ section is greyed out.

The boxes showing in the TH post are all short clips.  No full length races with starts, commentaries etc. In other words, G&G -- glitz and glitch.

that is a 2 hr replay of the final day of the qualifiers. you can see its a screenshot taken from a PC....

Screenshot (5).png

Nice going, except that I don't want to employ workarounds.  

Just curious, but next step -- show us the AC+ content, in other words the paid tracking stuff.  This part includes full race Virtualeye live tracking and fixed views from up to four different boats plus onboard sound. I believe it also offers replays..

9 minutes ago, KiwiJoker said:

Nice going, except that I don't want to employ workarounds.  

Just curious, but next step -- show us the AC+ content, in other words the paid tracking stuff.  This part includes full race Virtualeye live tracking and fixed views from up to four different boats plus onboard sound. I believe it also offers replays..

this is the 'paid tracking stuff'....as there is no live racing right now its not available. if you'd like i can post another screen shot when its on.

just trying to help. (for those that don't mind bending the rules a little, this does work)

Thanks. I'd be curious to see a couple of screen grabs.  I'm sure Stingray would too.

Going the VPN route is about the only option aside from signing your life away for pay tv or moving to Antarctica. Great way to win over fans America's Cup. I'd happily fork out some dollars to watch it live via the AC website or APP but I can't. I have no interest at all in signing up to Foxtel in Australia for shit I don't need or want.

And once we start talking about VPN and location blockers and all that shit, to be honest I start to lose interest in the America's Cup and no longer care.

I managed to follow the Volvo Ocean Race around the fucking globe from the comfort of my desk chair for free, yet I'm struggling to find a way to watch a couple of races around an island for a month...

In the last few weeks I've gone from "cool the cup is starting" to "it's all to hard and I don't give a fuck anymore"

AC Capture.JPG

AC Capture 1.JPG

22 minutes ago, Oscar Whitbread said:

Going the VPN route is about the only option aside from signing your life away for pay tv or moving to Antarctica. Great way to win over fans America's Cup. I'd happily fork out some dollars to watch it live via the AC website or APP but I can't. I have no interest at all in signing up to Foxtel in Australia for shit I don't need or want.

And once we start talking about VPN and location blockers and all that shit, to be honest I start to lose interest in the America's Cup and no longer care.

I managed to follow the Volvo Ocean Race around the fucking globe from the comfort of my desk chair for free, yet I'm struggling to find a way to watch a couple of races around an island for a month...

In the last few weeks I've gone from "cool the cup is starting" to "it's all to hard and I don't give a fuck anymore"

AC Capture.JPG

AC Capture 1.JPG

I'm using the AC app in nz and can see the live races and replays.

Don't know if I'm supposed to be able to but I can.

Today's event isn't showing up on the NBCSports app schedule.

This was originally a lay day, so those of us depending on the app may be out of luck.

11 hours ago, KiwiJoker said:

Thanks. I'd be curious to see a couple of screen grabs.  I'm sure Stingray would too.

Yes, am curious how the heck the app content can be displayed in a browser, had no idea that was possible. 

You aren't running the app code in a Droid container under Windows, are you?

I have the App running on iPhone and iPad and am very happy but this trick could be super-cool for people who want access but (due to location restrictions) can't pay the $4  to get on board even if they wanted to.

11 hours ago, Tomhealey said:

this is the 'paid tracking stuff'....as there is no live racing right now its not available. if you'd like i can post another screen shot when its on.

just trying to help. (for those that don't mind bending the rules a little, this does work)

Tom, thanks for the workaround.  

Not sure why a couple of guys keep asking you to prove that you are not lying unless they are trying to get you in trouble or something.  Ignore them.

14 minutes ago, VladTheImpaler said:

Today's event isn't showing up on the NBCSports app schedule.

This was originally a lay day, so those of us depending on the app may be out of luck.

Nuts! I didn't think about that - been looking forward to watching while working.  :-(

Hopefully Virtual Eye will at least be working - together with play-by-play updates on the SA thread for real time racing.

Is anyone streaming a live audio?

Ironically, there are now multiple race replays up on Youtube with zero restrictions.  Apparently, with something of as little value as AC races, there's no financial reason for the owners of the TV rights to actually police non-licensed uploaders and pirates...

Every race is now on Youtube uploaded by a bunch of randoms, some with more views than the number of AC app downloads in a year....

1 minute ago, TN_Kiwi said:

Nuts! I didn't think about that - been looking forward to watching while working.  :-(

Hopefully Virtual Eye will at least be working - together with play-by-play updates on the SA thread for real time racing.

The pirate streams won't work for you?

12 minutes ago, TN_Kiwi said:

i just installed the roku nbc sports app and the screen now says "coverage has concluded for the day"

2 minutes ago, us7070 said:

i just installed the roku nbc sports app and the screen now says "coverage has concluded for the day"

I think that's a default display after an event ends. Click the small white 'Sports' rectangle near top right to go to the scheduled coverage for today - no AC coverage ... I'm hopeful they might add it at last minute (?)

It shows AC coverage on Tues and Wed this week.

USA Based;

Ahh, I had no idea about the Roku App! Just added and selected AC from the featured streams. Says "Coverage to begin shortly"

Was using the free 30 day trial of youtube-TV to get 'NBCSN' up until then. 

x2 on 'how bad are the TV rights'

It's so nice to know how hard they worked on the app to make it difficult to get an unauthorized viewing, while not bothering to design the content so that users could get the info they want. 

Yeah, same here. Went to NBCSports to download app for online viewing and Roku not on provider listing. Locked out?

This series is online broadcast only. 

Just now, Guitar said:

Yeah, same here. Went to NBCSports to download app for online viewing and Roku not on provider listing. Locked out?

I downloaded it in the Roku itself - search NBC under 'Streaming Channels'

5 minutes ago, Guitar said:

i had to activate the app by going t the nbc web site on my laptop, entering the code from the tv, being re-directed to my cable tv company, and logging in.

sorry - didn't understand the question...

i did it as actualdave says - in the roku unit attached to my tv

roku is not the provider - your cable or satellite tv company is

7070, yep have had it up and running watching the previous racing. This series is not broadcasted via Roku / Sling / NBCSN from what I read somewhere.

NBC Sports via Amazon Fire TV stick now says "Coverage to begin shortly" for AC Semis Day 1.

17 minutes ago, TN_Kiwi said:

I think that's a default display after an event ends. Click the small white 'Sports' rectangle near top right to go to the scheduled coverage for today - no AC coverage ... I'm hopeful they might add it at last minute (?)

It shows AC coverage on Tues and Wed this week.

Yeee-Ha!  NBCSN just this minute added stream AC coverage to today's schedule ...

Screen Shot 2017-06-05 at 12.23.43 PM.png

Roku still on Mecum Auto Auction, still not showing in line up.

4 minutes ago, Guitar said:

That's what's usually on before coverage starts. The show also starts right on 10AM PDT. First race is usually at 7 minutes past the hour.

3 minutes ago, Guitar said:

ROKU...left side scroll down to "streaming" the type in NBC then select sports...I just did that and now have a screen say NBC SPORTS "coverage to begin shortly"....so it seems @ 1 PM it begin

56 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Not sure why a couple of guys keep asking you to prove that you are not lying unless they are trying to get you in trouble or something.  Ignore them.

Already explained my curiousity and it has  f*ck-all to do with trying to get anyone in trouble; by contrast it is about trying to ~help~ people.

Ignore Clean, he's being a complete douchebag as usual.

Just now, ~Stingray~ said:

Already explained my curiousity and it has  f*ck-all to do with trying to get anyone in trouble; by contrast it is about trying to ~help~ people.

Ignore Clean, he's being a complete douchebag as usual.

Why is Clean not reporting live from Bermuda ?

20 minutes ago, dent said:

BT sports 1 has it on their sched as well.  hoping to be able to watch via http://live.robinwidget.org/streamvideo8/sailing-vs-35th-americas-cup-2017-live-stream-1845137.html

If you are in the UK you can watch the racing live from BT's website, legally for free. It's sd rather than hd, but I've not seen a stable hd feed lately. If you don't have ad block then this maybe the best place. Same quality as above feed.

http://sport.bt.com/free-to-air-01364057726206?s_intcid=con_HTW_AmericasCup

Cheers Renn.

I couldnt get anything up until I tried yours.

This is thelast race I can see as heading into never never land in Fii with no wifi ... :(

Bloody bad luck. Problems in BAR

7 hours ago, Tomhealey said:

Screenshot (6).png

Thanks th.  Glad it works for you.

I'm watching on a friend's Sky TV.  Have also now got the AC+ App working on iPad. (long story - won't mention how) It's very good and informative and from past iterations of the software we know it could be so much better if Animation Research weren't constrained by Coutts contortions to wring more income from broadcast rights.  What a bloody pity.

I haven't found a way to watch the AC+App other than when it is Live.  Getting up at 0500 is not my schtick. Anyone know any way to capture this content at civilised hours?

Here in Switzerland, Germany and Austria (don't forget Liechtenstein!) we can watch all the races of the Semis and Final on Servus TV (yes, this is free TV in HD, 1080i and it's really good). No screwing around with Apps, location twisting, paying fees etc. The only disadvantage for some people might be, the comment is in German. Don't know if Servus TV is blocked in other countries but it might be worth a try. Times are central European summer time. Enjoy!

http://www.servustv.com/de/Sendungen/America-s-Cup-2017

Zum Livestream >>

Datum

ServusTV Deutschland

ServusTV Österreich

Rennen

Di, 6.6.2017

18:55 - 21:00

im Livestream

Louis Vuitton America's Cup Challenger PlayOffs

Mi, 7.6.2017

im Livestream

Do, 8.6.2017

im Livestream

Sa, 10.6.2017

22:50 - 00:55

Louis Vuitton America's Cup Challenger PlayOffs - Final

So, 11.6.2017

22:15 - 00:20

Mo, 12.6.2017

22:40 - 00:45

Sa, 17.6.2017

18:55 - 20:30

22:40 - 00:15

America's Cup Match presented by Louis Vuitton

So, 18.6.2017

22:15 - 23:50

Di, 20.6.2017

22:10 - 23:45

Red Bull Youth America's Cup - Finals

Mi, 21.6.2017

Sa, 24.6.2016

22:25 - 00:00

So, 25.6.2017

Mo, 26.6.2017

Di, 27.6.2017

22:00 - 00:05

3 hours ago, lungcathai said:

Here in Switzerland, Germany and Austria (don't forget Liechtenstein!) we can watch all the races of the Semis and Final on Servus TV (yes, this is free TV in HD, 1080i and it's really good). No screwing around with Apps, location twisting, paying fees etc. The only disadvantage for some people might be, the comment is in German. Don't know if Servus TV is blocked in other countries but it might be worth a try. Times are central European summer time. Enjoy!

Zum Livestream >>

Datum

ServusTV Deutschland

ServusTV Österreich

Rennen

Di, 6.6.2017

im Livestream

Mi, 7.6.2017

im Livestream

Do, 8.6.2017

im Livestream

Sa, 10.6.2017

So, 11.6.2017

Mo, 12.6.2017

Sa, 17.6.2017

So, 18.6.2017

Di, 20.6.2017

Mi, 21.6.2017

Sa, 24.6.2016

So, 25.6.2017

Mo, 26.6.2017

Di, 27.6.2017

Thank you!!

I was looking for somewhere, found only late night italian TV. This is cool. 

21 hours ago, Guitar said:

Never did broadcast yesterday and not on the schedule today. WTF?

Alternate?

15 minutes ago, lamorak said:

No north american coverage on NBCSN until OTUSA is back on the water.

Not strictly true. No NBCSN TV broadcast coverage - you're right there. But there is an NBCSN lifestream coverage:

http://www.nbcsports.com/live/2017-06-06

I used it yesterday for Day 1 of the Challeger playoffs 

The trick is that you have to refresh the link just before the scheduled time (or maybe a minute after it) to make it start, or else it sometimes runs old coverage instead of the new feed. Yesterday I forgot to get to my computer for a couple minutes, so my feed was running 1-2 min behind the Virtual Eye coverage - kinda ruined the suspense of the video feed.

Thanks TN. I'll give it a try.

7 hours ago, lungcathai said:

Zum Livestream >>

Datum

ServusTV Deutschland

ServusTV Österreich

Rennen

Di, 6.6.2017

im Livestream

Mi, 7.6.2017

im Livestream

Do, 8.6.2017

im Livestream

Sa, 10.6.2017

So, 11.6.2017

Mo, 12.6.2017

Sa, 17.6.2017

So, 18.6.2017

Di, 20.6.2017

Mi, 21.6.2017

Sa, 24.6.2016

So, 25.6.2017

Mo, 26.6.2017

Di, 27.6.2017

The comment is in Austrian ;).

4 hours ago, TN_Kiwi said:

Not strictly true. No NBCSN TV broadcast coverage - you're right there. But there is an NBCSN lifestream coverage:

http://www.nbcsports.com/live/2017-06-06

I used it yesterday for Day 1 of the Challeger playoffs 

The trick is that you have to refresh the link just before the scheduled time (or maybe a minute after it) to make it start, or else it sometimes runs old coverage instead of the new feed. Yesterday I forgot to get to my computer for a couple minutes, so my feed was running 1-2 min behind the Virtual Eye coverage - kinda ruined the suspense of the video feed.

I saw this post copied link needed IE and allowed new Java once and I was "IN"

just in time to see TNZ & BAR head into the Box early

AND THEN >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  Oh SHIT ~~~~

but I did get to see the start ................ the END !!!

5 hours ago, lamorak said:

No north american coverage on NBCSN until OTUSA is back on the water.

Download the NBCSN App, which is also available for AppleTV.  You will need to prove you (or a friend) have NBCSN on your (their) cable/etc.  Because the semi-finals are not being broadcasted, the live and replays are commercial free.

On 6/5/2017 at 10:39 AM, ~Stingray~ said:

I have the App running on iPhone and iPad.

What tricks for the AC app are you using because of the USA restrictions?  I tried several tricks but at the most got the replays of RR1, which are no longer available.  I may be blacklisted at this point.

I have the NBCSN app, but annoyed by the occasional commercial that takes out a leg.  On the positive, at least NBCSN offers an app for my hardwired AppleTV which seams to stream cleaner than an Iphone with the HDMI adapter.

Edited by Codybear
Clarification

6 hours ago, Codybear said:

Download the NBCSN App, which is also available for AppleTV.  You will need to prove you (or a friend) have NBCSN on your (their) cable/etc.  Because the semi-finals are not being broadcasted, the live and replays are commercial free.

with my own Ayez I watched today from DAGO-USA

On 6/3/2017 at 6:27 PM, jshear said:

Peter Lester and Martin Tasker's live commentary.  

https://www.youtube.com/user/VodafoneNewZealand

Playlist of old commentaries:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwXTOn3gkbnOPyb58whfjvQG09sLZHRZP

I really enjoy listening to them over the TV guys.

I might have missed a post in the last few days. But it seems that the commentary is no longer being made available (live or history). I can't find any commentary online, and the playlist is marked 'private'. Was working a few days ago.

I guess Sky's insistence that they not broadcast has won. Bugger ... I was enjoying it (even if the production quality was terrible, on one it sounded like Peter Lester was sitting on the can!)

On 6/6/2017 at 0:19 PM, Codybear said:

What tricks for the AC app are you using because of the USA restrictions?  I tried several tricks but at the most got the replays of RR1, which are no longer available.  I may be blacklisted at this point.

I have the NBCSN app, but annoyed by the occasional commercial that takes out a leg.  On the positive, at least NBCSN offers an app for my hardwired AppleTV which seams to stream cleaner than an Iphone with the HDMI adapter.

I have an account that is apparently free of location restrictions, dating back a couple years to when they set it that way so I could help them debug several issues during the ACWS. It does still have a device-connection limit, of 3.

14 hours ago, ~Stingray~ said:

I have an account that is apparently free of location restrictions, dating back a couple years to when they set it that way so I could help them debug several issues during the ACWS.

Surprised they didn't do the same for me as I was in contact with support as well for at least a year.  Even went through the trouble to send them sample code (which they didn't use) to support Ipad to external 16:9 display.  The CDN feed resolved that problem, until they outdated my Ipad 3.  On the positive side, I don't appear to be blacklisted anymore.  This gave me a chance to compare streaming quality of AppleTV against Iphone's lightning to HDMI and AppleTV is the clear winner, literally.  Airplay was the worst of my three viewing options.  It's too bad AC refuses to release the AppleTV version of the app because that would be ideal.  I offered to beta test it, but that never happened.

On 6/6/2017 at 11:03 PM, Codybear said:

Dumb question, but if you have Apple TV and an account where you can verify you have a cable subscription..... you can watch all the semi-finals for free?  Was thinking about getting Apple TV but is this is the case, I will get off the fence.

5 minutes ago, Sportboat Jeff said:

Dumb question, but if you have Apple TV and an account where you can verify you have a cable subscription..... you can watch all the semi-finals for free?  Was thinking about getting Apple TV but is this is the case, I will get off the fence.

As pointed out elsewhere, so far the Roku NBCSN app doesn't require verification...

26 minutes ago, Sportboat Jeff said:

Yes, but you have to watch the NBCSN app, which means shit tons of commercials at the dumbest possible time.   It's fucking insane how bad these guys are at the basics.  

Just watch the CricFree links, you get the BT format which means no ads til between racing, and that's free too.  I'm not saying I do that, or I learned it from trying to watch Formula 1 on the NBCSN app between the commercials...

The NBCSN app doesn't allow for replay or even long pauses of real time play.  During the pitch-pole race, I got behind and the app turned itself off.

I've been watch via ROKU/NBCSports...no commercials....however I have not figured out how to record... 

1 hour ago, Sportboat Jeff said:

No, I don't have an account but I do have friends.  Sent you a PM with instructions.  All the replays are available as well as live.

46 minutes ago, Speedskater said:

The NBCSN app doesn't allow for replay or even long pauses of real time play.  During the pitch-pole race, I got behind and the app turned itself off.

Could understand problems with long pauses in real time, but I've watched all of the races except for three days as being replayed.  Works well.  Had some problems fast forwarding as it wants to jump back to the last pause or ff.  But AppleTV 4 remote scrolls ff fairly well, but granted I've only tried the AppleTV remote with the commercial free semi's.  I'll have a better sense of what happens when commercials return on Saturday.

1 hour ago, Codybear said:

Could understand problems with long pauses in real time, but I've watched all of the races except for three days as being replayed.  Works well.  Had some problems fast forwarding as it wants to jump back to the last pause or ff.  But AppleTV 4 remote scrolls ff fairly well, but granted I've only tried the AppleTV remote with the commercial free semi's.  I'll have a better sense of what happens when commercials return on Saturday.

Don't use the App - Just go to the interwebs ->  http://www.nbcsports.com/live

2 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Yes, but you have to watch the NBCSN app, which means shit tons of commercials at the dumbest possible time.   It's fucking insane how bad these guys are at the basics.  

Just watch the CricFree links, you get the BT format which means no ads til between racing, and that's free too.  I'm not saying I do that, or I learned it from trying to watch Formula 1 on the NBCSN app between the commercials...

Only the fucking App You Don't need No Stinking App

3 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Thanks Woody, 

Additionally they have all the replays commercialess & Free 

That link is this events YouTube link

no idea if it's Geo Blocked or not  BUT The Best Viewing by Far & FREE !!!!!!

Watching on Chromebook and agree - awesome. Ist day I have been able to watch live and most impressed.  Should be there on the 17th and planned to go on a spectator boat, thinking I should just take this and go see the boats after the races.  

1 hour ago, DA-WOODY said:

Don't use the App - Just go to the interwebs ->  http://www.nbcsports.com/live

How do I benefit?  I will need a login to cable with NBCSN to do that and then have to get my computer hooked up to a TV.  The app does the same thing and is meant to play on a TV.

I am on  wifi and just typed it in and watched on an inexpensive chromebook - terrific video quality.  No login, no commercials.