• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Crossland

How to watch live races?

If there were commercials would have been between races on NBCSHD. Coverage much better than I expected, 15 minutes in and no commericals into the 1st race. 

edit: There are commercials between races, was busy trying to get stuff done yesterday so didn't watch the betweens......

4 minutes ago, Tropical Madness said:

Cant get the app working. Its worked every day bar now. Fucking Oracle shit

same for me, total crash today after working flawless up til now

-On my Iphone it does not recognize my purchase. trying to restore purchases results in an indefinitely loading screen

-On my iPad it says that i have to update the app (there is no update available for it that i have not installed)

-On my computer when i try to log in with my username and pw i only get the race stats and no livestream or virtual eye

AAAARRRRRG

2 minutes ago, Tropical Madness said:

Same here. I want my money back fuckers! 

2 minutes ago, Tropical Madness said:

The same here, it keeps asking me to buy the same shit again and again, but even when you do, it's still not working ... great timing ..

app is fucked for me too... what a bunch of idiot cunts these people are. i fucking paid up... i went with the legit way they asked me to watch for my country (Canada) and they've fucked me over. 

2 minutes ago, AndreasE said:

Excuse in the App "High demand, not able to support all wanting to stream"

If you are in GER, you can watch Servus on TV

1 minute ago, AndreasE said:

Norway I am afraid, and my cable package does not have Swedish TV4 :(

Maybe this helps:

My usual info (getting longer and longer by the hour):

First of all: Make sure your antivir is up to date, and you have an adblocker running!

Choose one of the streams here: http://live.robinwidget.org/
A selection:
   http://live.robinwidget.org/static/freeplayer/47507908913020.html
   http://live.robinwidget.org/static/freeplayer/47507908913010.html
   http://live.robinwidget.org/static/freeplayer/47507908913210.html
   http://live.robinwidget.org/streamvideo8/sailing-vs-35th-americas-cup-2017-live-stream-1845137.html
   http://live.robinwidget.org/streamvideo8/sailing-vs-35th-americas-cup-2017-live-stream-2477928.html

If this doesn't work, you can try here:
   https://www.vipbox.nu/sports/water-sports.html
here
   http://www.stream2watch.cc/live-television/united-kingdom/bt-1-live-stream-2017
or here: 
    Look for BT1/scroll down: http://cricfree.sc/bt-sport-1-live-stream-1

The press conferences are streamed here: https://www.youtube.com/user/AmericasCup/videos

Replays of both round robins, although with German/Austrian common-tree (you may need to get a German IP address): http://www.servustv.com/de/Videos/America-s-Cup
Here the replays of the more recent races: http://www.servustv.com/de/Sendungen/America-s-Cup-2017

12 minutes ago, AndreasE said:

same for me, total crash today after working flawless up til now

-On my Iphone it does not recognize my purchase. trying to restore purchases results in an indefinitely loading screen

-On my iPad it says that i have to update the app (there is no update available for it that i have not installed)

-On my computer when i try to log in with my username and pw i only get the race stats and no livestream or virtual eye

AAAARRRRRG

Yes, there's a message displaying in the rolling PRO messages about it.

I guess having too much traffic is a good problem to have, but these days scaling can happen fast, so they should have been able to adjust.

Just now, nroose said:

I guess having too much traffic is a good problem to have, but these days scaling can happen fast, so they should have been able to adjust.

The app has a max of 25 viewers apparently :( 

On the plus side NBC is finally saving the commercials and running them between races , at least the first one was commercial free . 

Today I got the SkyGo on-board camera feed channels working as well as the main feed :)

Was nice because boat audio overrode bloody KR blather but bad because it was way behind the main feed :(

Its hard enough keeping VirtualEye in synch let alone trying to get two other channels to synch.

Also was mostly just the bow camera looking direct aft :mellow:

What's up with VirtualEye?!?  This damn thing never ever seems to work consistently.   Just like yesterday,  there was "NO CONNECTION" in the first race.  After refreshing a million times, it still did not work.  I can't remember a day where it worked 100%.  Anybody else?

5 minutes ago, hoom said:

Anyone managing to get into Virtualeye today?

Just stuck on No Connection for me :wacko:

It's frustrating! Hasn't worked all day.

Just announced by SKY NZ:

Following LIVE coverage on SKY Sport from 5am, the 35th America’s Cup will also be broadcast on Prime free-to-air from 6.30am each match day.

“Congratulations to the outstanding Emirates Team New Zealand for navigating their way through the round robin and now winning the Louis Vuitton Challenger Series.  Plenty of SKY Sport customers nationwide have loved the thrill of the, at times, heart-stopping racing over the past couple of weeks,” says Richard Last, Director of Sport.

“As we all now know, Emirates Team New Zealand was this morning confirmed as the contender to face Team Oracle in the 35th America’s Cup.  This is an incredible achievement.  As excitement builds across the country, we are pleased to let New Zealanders know this event will be available to watch not only LIVE on SKY Sport from 5am but also on Prime free-to-air from 6.30am each match day.  We are in for an exciting few days.”

Wow, giving something back...

1 hour ago, Man Overboard said:

Just announced by SKY NZ:

Following LIVE coverage on SKY Sport from 5am, the 35th America’s Cup will also be broadcast on Prime free-to-air from 6.30am each match day.

“Congratulations to the outstanding Emirates Team New Zealand for navigating their way through the round robin and now winning the Louis Vuitton Challenger Series.  Plenty of SKY Sport customers nationwide have loved the thrill of the, at times, heart-stopping racing over the past couple of weeks,” says Richard Last, Director of Sport.

“As we all now know, Emirates Team New Zealand was this morning confirmed as the contender to face Team Oracle in the 35th America’s Cup.  This is an incredible achievement.  As excitement builds across the country, we are pleased to let New Zealanders know this event will be available to watch not only LIVE on SKY Sport from 5am but also on Prime free-to-air from 6.30am each match day.  We are in for an exciting few days.”

Wow, giving something back...

1.5 hour difference, so it's not live.

11 minutes ago, jshear said:

1.5 hour difference, so it's not live.

Yeah, but that early in the morning I think people will manage to avoid hearing the results elsewhere.

I think it's pretty good. Sky is a private company whose business model is getting subscriber fees, so they've gotta keep something for the paying customers.

More like the bad press has caught up with them, so now they feel the need to show their "generosity".

But better late than never.

I still won't buy their fucking overpriced product!

12 hours ago, Sailbydate said:

More like the bad press has caught up with them, so now they feel the need to show their "generosity".

But better late than never.

I still won't buy their fucking overpriced product!

Amen to that.

2 hours ago, xyz10000 said:

Trying to watch the Youth Americas Cup live but it seems to be blocked on everything. WTF. Dont the sponsors want us to see their product.

No matter. Those boats are a bloody snooze fest. You haven't missed much. Why force the young talent to sail dinosaurs? There are a few up-to-the-minute foilers which would make a much better choice, than AC45T's. 

Even I'm starting to doubt we could ever go back to monohulls, after seeing the ACC50 going at full tit. 

Virtualeye guys taking a bit of a holiday it seems, still no Finals Race 7 up in the Historical section

It was there in the app - I watched it from that. Did notice it wasn't on the website version...

Just checked and R7 is available from the app right now.

On 3/5/2017 at 9:19 AM, Enzedel92 said:

Can someone explain to me in the year 2017, why we can't have ONE website that anyone in any location in the world with internet access can browse to and watch the races!!!??????

Why does it always have to be so difficult????

Because they're all a bunch of greedy fucks and that's why they do everything possible to make it difficult. That said, we're very soon to see someone smash the cartel and disrupt the model. Anything you want, any time you want it, anywhere. 

i have it on the roku nbc sports app - the picture quality is pretty poor..., terrible actually

i have pretty fast internet - speedtest just said 150mbps down over my wifi to my laptop...

i googled and it seems a lot of people complain about the nbc sports streaming.

is it on regular tv?

i tried nbc sports channel, but it looks like they have t he auto auction

4 minutes ago, us7070 said:

i have it on the roku nbc sports app - the picture quality is pretty poor..., terrible actually

i have pretty fast internet - speedtest just said 150mbps down over my wifi to my laptop...

i googled and it seems a lot of people complain about the nbc sports streaming.

is it on regular tv?

i tried nbc sports channel, but it looks like they have t he auto auction

Try one of the pirate streams, robinwidget etc.

15 minutes ago, Rennmaus said:

Try one of the pirate streams, robinwidget etc.

The NBC Sports app is complete and total shit.  Better rated than the AC+ app though.

The live feed on big NBC (free to air) is gorgeous, and bringing in Outerridge and Draper for the national feed was really good considering how crap Kenny and the other guy have been.  They're actually talking about the shit that matters rather than some irrelevant crap.

Following Rudders lead I signed up for FABIPTV for the month - true pure 1080p HD streams including BT Sport straight to my TV, or phone, tablet or PC and it appears rock solid.

Not the most obvious to get going, but actually turned out to be quite a breeze.

I've just seen a Youtube of NBC's coverage. The commentary is much better than that provided by the BT production. Now looking for a way to stream NBC.

On 18/06/2017 at 5:35 AM, MR.CLEAN said:

The live feed on big NBC (free to air) is gorgeous, and bringing in Outerridge and Draper for the national feed was really good

Agree completely. The two competitors make all the difference.

Well I have watched Races 3 and 4 twice, and as I type I have an urgent need to watch them again.  It's just too much fun.

I really hope so.

Its a perfect opportunity to get some epic full race footage.

But we'll probably just get to see a few more 2min long Youtubes instead <_<

Who would have thought the NBC coverage would be better.  What I like is that  we get to hear the experts Outerridge and Draper talk more than the host.

7 hours ago, Marcjsmith said:

Anyone know if there is going to be any video of the J Class races....

From a spectacle point of view, is anyone else disappointed the J Class boats don't have white sails. Somehow, they just don't look as visually striking with all that smudge, IMO. 

You'll no doubt want to tell me they're contemporary replicas and therefore use the latest technology, Right? But why the hell build something that's a slow as a pig, dragging half the ocean around with it? Shouldn't the latest technology go along with advances in yacht architecture?

3 hours ago, jshear said:

Who would have thought the NBC coverage would be better.  What I like is that  we get to hear the experts Outerridge and Draper talk more than the host.

Draper and Outteridge commentary.  That should be excellent value. I'm a Kenny Read fan but his commentary on the ACTV Sky feed here in NZ is flat and uninspired.  I blame a direction team that is urging him to dumb it down.

So does anyone have ideas how I can view the NBC feed here in NZ without jumping through all kinds of hoops. Doesn't even have to be live

I'm working from home today and just remembered the Red Bull series was on.  Downloaded the Red Bull TV app on my Android box and had HD coverage up and running in under a minute with Alastair and Nathan commentating.   Red Bull showing ACEA how it should have been done.

4 minutes ago, ezyb said:

I'm working from home today and just remembered the Red Bull series was on.  Downloaded the Red Bull TV app on my Android box and had HD coverage up and running in under a minute with Alastair and Nathan commentating.   Red Bull showing ACEA how it should have been done.

19 hours ago, ezyb said:

I downloaded the Red Bull app onto my AppleTV, but all I get is what they are currently showing, ie. skateboarding.  Is there anyway to replay the Youth America's Cup?

13 minutes ago, Codybear said:

I downloaded the Red Bull app onto my AppleTV, but all I get is what they are currently showing, ie. skateboarding.  Is there anyway to replay the Youth America's Cup?

Played around and found today's YAC icon and by selecting it, I could find yesterday's.  Not sure how I'll find them tomorrow, but hopefully it shouldn't be a problem.  Now another set of races I'll have to go on a news blackout so I don't know the results before watching.

^ Not sure if it's the same, but in Android TV you just go back to the main menu and there will be an option to watch the live action in the top left panel.  At the moment it just has RBYAC with "watch live today" and a countdown timer showing 2h 19m until it switches to live

Because I am way too lazy to read the whole thread...

What is the best shot to watch live from Japan on an Android phone?

10 hours ago, Boybland said:

Because I am way too lazy to read the whole thread...

What is the best shot to watch live from Japan on an Android phone?

The AC app may be blocked in Japan because it is being televised on SportsNavi Live.  But Japan is not on the exclusion list:

The America's Cup Mobile App (iOS & Android) and Online
If there is no broadcast arrangement in your country, live coverage is available to subscribers ONLINE and via the America's Cup App. (subject to territorial restrictions).

*PLEASE NOTE: For the following countries there will be no live video coverage on the AC App
United States, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Monaco, Australia, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Mexico, Netherlands, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela

Looks like you will need someone to chime in from Japan or you'll need to experiment.

6 minutes ago, Mariner said:

Looks like NBC will be airing the Match again saturday, as opposed to NBC SN.

Hmmm ... I wonder if they'll have bozo's doing the NBC network commentary, or if they can again use NO and CD like the NBCSN coverage did (hope so!)

Some NBC networks are airing it.  I think NY, RI, SF, SD, and some others at last check.  They could air it all - the only thing Americans like better than winning is watching a billionaire get his ass kicked.