• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Grande Mastere Dreade

just how bad do you have to be ?

Tecumseh, Kansas, near Topeka is home to perhaps the worst driver in the world. Known by many as “The CR-V Lady,” Patricia McDonald has garnered such a reputation from her poor driving that there’s actually a Facebook page called “CRV Lady Awareness Of Topeka” to warn citizens of her whereabouts.

Vancouver has the worst drivers I've ever seen and I've driven in lots of places.

They can't even drive in the rain FFS. An inch of snow will paralyze the city.

They have to be seen to be believed.

Yes, we need a repost of the Vancouver driver trying to get the Porsche Cayenne into the garage!

Vancouver has the worst drivers I've ever seen and I've driven in lots of places.

I beg your pardon, but you must have never driven in Korea. To paint a picture of driving in Korea, just imagine if the legal age to obtain a driver's license was 9 years old and none of the drivers were older than 14 except the ones that were older than 80. Then think what could possibly be worse than that. The answer is, Korean drivers. Part of the problem is, except in the big cities, many Koreans never drove or owned a car until the 1980s.

[...]Then think what could possibly be worse than that. The answer is, Korean drivers. [...]

Have you ever been to Chelyabinsk? Half of your 9 years old heavy alcohol intoxicated - the other half insurance scammers. Even rural Senegal was civilised compared to Chelyabinsk morning.

[...]Then think what could possibly be worse than that. The answer is, Korean drivers. [...]

Have you ever been to Chelyabinsk? Half of your 9 years old heavy alcohol intoxicated - the other half insurance scammers. Even rural Senegal was civilised compared to Chelyabinsk morning.

That's OK, I don't drive anywhere east of Poland, it's bad enough driving here. I do get to you part of Poland on occasion, I have some friends there. I live way to the west, on the Odra. I'll let you know the next time I am in the area, maybe we can have a drink or 2.

That's OK, I don't drive anywhere east of Poland, it's bad enough driving here. I do get to you part of Poland on occasion, I have some friends there. I live way to the west, on the Odra. I'll let you know the next time I am in the area, maybe we can have a drink or 2.

Sounds good, let me know necessarily!

Ha. A drink or two. In Poland. Like that's ever happened..

Not often. Usually it is a drink or 10, or 12, or... There is a rule here, once you open a bottle of vodka, you don't put the cap back on until the bottle is empty.

I beg your pardon, but you must have never driven in Korea. To paint a picture of driving in Korea, just imagine if the legal age to obtain a driver's license was 9 years old and none of the drivers were older than 14 except the ones that were older than 80. Then think what could possibly be worse than that. The answer is, Korean drivers. Part of the problem is, except in the big cities, many Koreans never drove or owned a car until the 1980s.
I'm in a taxi in Seoul at night, we're in a left turn lane and the light turns green.

The first five cars all turn left AT THE SAME TIME and I don't mean in a line one following the other I MEAN THEY ALL JUST TURNED LEFT!

The Saving Grace was we were on a wide Boulevard.

So, had a great view when I was in Rome (1983). Off the veranda, cool ruins with cats roaming about. 4 lane street running left to right (across the front), 4 lanes crossing and feeding into 1 lane with parking. In ANY other city in the world, this would have been 24-7-365 nightmare gridlock, accidents, shootings..... etc. In Rome? Light changes, motorcycles and vespas shot across followed by the cars and anything slower...... and they all just feed in like teeth in a well broken in zipper..... I watched that shit for hours in the morning (either I'm easily amused or not able to process things in the morning) over coffee and breakfast

Not often. Usually it is a drink or 10, or 12, or... There is a rule here, once you open a bottle of vodka, you don't put the cap back on until the bottle is empty.

On bottle of vodka isn't worth seating. Even alone.

PS Ed take some big bore guns to Warsaw, you know eastern Poland, summer White bears are hungry when there are no ice on the Vistula ;)

So many hot woman, so many drunk men. No wonder you live there....

PS Ed take some big bore guns to Warsaw, you know eastern Poland, summer White bears are hungry when there are no ice on the Vistula ;)

I don't own any guns and I only shoot at paper, cans and bottles. I hear the ice is usually gone on the Vistula by August. :)

For those who are wondering I believe Yigael means boars, not bears. Poland is full of wild pigs. Very tasty.

I'm in a taxi in Seoul at night, we're in a left turn lane and the light turns green.

The first five cars all turn left AT THE SAME TIME and I don't mean in a line one following the other I MEAN THEY ALL JUST TURNED LEFT!

The Saving Grace was we were on a wide Boulevard.

I lived in Korea for a year. I didn't find the driving too terrible except for Seoul. Seoul is in a whole nother category of hell. The ONE time I risked my life rode in a cab in downtown seoul, we were on a wide boulevard probably 8 lanes wide. The traffic was driving as if it was 20 lanes wide. I don't know why they even bother wasting the paint to paint the lines on the road. They weren't even slightly adhering to them.

My cab wanted to turn right and there were something like 5 lanes wide of cabs all trying to turn right on a single turn lane. Somehow, my guy made a 6th lane right in the middle of the bunch. If we had had an extra coat of paint on the side of the cab, it would have been totaled.

"Rines, what rines?"

I took this pic this week on the way to work. It is a daily occurrence. I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP!

DubaI%20Crash_zpswvekeja8.jpg

I keep saying I want to buy the company that supplies the metal guard rails to the gov't, because they must be making an absolute killing. In a 60 mile stretch, at a min there are at least 5-6 places where vehicles have gone through the railing. And then within a few days there is a shiny new section where they replace the wrecked bits.

I don't own any guns and I only shoot at paper, cans and bottles. I hear the ice is usually gone on the Vistula by August. :)

For those who are wondering I believe Yigael means boars, not bears. Poland is full of wild pigs. Very tasty.

The grass was white and shiny this morning. But yes, we've got plenty of wild pigs in Warsaw /You can interpret it as you wish ;) / They are very tasty and completely treif so my soul is lost probably ;)

Non-Kosher

But tasty ;) Especially roasted :D

Non-Kosher

Oh yeah. Dzik for the win! And kaszanka wrapped in foil and cooked in the coals of an outdoor fire, but only if dziadek makes the kaszanka, no store bought stuff in the plastic package. Smacznego!

Jestem amerykaninem i mówię tylko troche po polsku

Non-Kosher

Oh yeah. Dzik for the win! And kaszanka wrapped in foil and cooked in the coals of an outdoor fire, but only if dziadek makes the kaszanka, no store bought stuff in the plastic package. Smacznego!

Only trochę - that's superpower anyway, at least they say it is ;)

Non-Kosher

Probably all I will ever know. :blink:

Non-Kosher

Probably all I will ever know. :blink:

All my foreign friends say that polish is horrible to learn, but I'm native so what can I know about it ;)

I'm seeing waaay too many vowels there Ed.

Skądże! ;)

Sure, they slip them in there, but often they are followed by a string of 3 or 4 consonants and it all goes to hell.

szczęście, uszczęśliwienie are words meaning 'happiness'. How happy can you be trying to say those words! I won't even attempt to write a complete phonetic pronunciation. Szcz is pronounced something like shtuh. And that little tail on the bottom of 'e' and 'a'; ę and ą, gives an 'n' sound, with a 'w' in it. Stealth consonants! This ending; ność, is pronounced nosht, with a long 'o'. More hidden consonants! Then there is the impossible grammar, 7 cases, and almost everything in Polish has a gender...

Did you really need to use so many 'a's up there, such a waste!

Sure, they slip them in there, but often they are followed by a string of 3 or 4 consonants and it all goes to hell.

szczęście, uszczęśliwienie are words meaning 'happiness'. How happy can you be trying to say those words! I won't even attempt to write a complete phonetic pronunciation. Szcz is pronounced something like shtuh. And that little tail on the bottom of 'e' and 'a'; ę and ą, gives an 'n' sound, with a 'w' in it. Stealth consonants! This ending; ność, is pronounced nosht, with a long 'o'. More hidden consonants! Then there is the impossible grammar, 7 cases, and almost everything in Polish has a gender...

Plus digraphs, and some exceptions on top ;)

? H_w m_ny $

f_r h_nt_ng l_c_ns_

f_r sh__t_ng Wh_t_ B__rs _n P_l_nd ?

Good question. I can ask my hunter friend and find out. I think the answer is "A lot". Otherwise many more people would do it. They like pork a lot here and not many people hunt.

I have a theory about why the Polish language is so difficult. A long time ago they realized the country has few natural defensive features and would be subject to frequent invasions. So they made the language convoluted and difficult to speak. The idea was, you may take our land, but you will never take our country from our heart. When Poland was partitioned in the 18th century by Russia, Germany and Austria, the country ceased to exist for 125 years, but the Poles carried their nation in their hearts and their language. Poland became a nation again after WWI. Tough people, these Poles.

I have a theory about why the Polish language is so difficult. A long time ago they realized the country has few natural defensive features and would be subject to frequent invasions. So they made the language convoluted and difficult to speak. The idea was, you may take our land, but you will never take our country from our heart. When Poland was partitioned in the 18th century by Russia, Germany and Austria, the country ceased to exist for 125 years, but the Poles carried their nation in their hearts and their language. Poland became a nation again after WWI. Tough people, these Poles.

We call Germans: Niemcy. Etymologists say its from "niemy" which means unable to speak so our ancestors were apparently mean guys who didn't give a fuck if somebody can understand them ;)

We call Germans: Niemcy. Etymologists say its from "niemy" which means unable to speak so our ancestors were apparently mean guys who didn't give a fuck if somebody can understand them ;)

Living on the German border, the folks in the shops often, understandably mistake me for a German when I speak to them in my terrible Polish. I reply indignantly; "Nie jestem Niemcen, jestem Amerykaninem! I have my pride! I am the only American in the area. The locals here like all of the euro the Germans spend in town, they don't much care for the Germans otherwise. With a few exceptions, the Germans just expect everyone her to speak German to them. Most of them can't even manage a simple dzien dobry or dziękuje.

Living on the German border, the folks in the shops often, understandably mistake me for a German when I speak to them in my terrible Polish. I reply indignantly; "Nie jestem Niemcen, jestem Amerykaninem! I have my pride! I am the only American in the area. The locals here like all of the euro the Germans spend in town, they don't much care for the Germans otherwise. With a few exceptions, the Germans just expect everyone her to speak German to them. Most of them can't even manage a simple dzien dobry or dziękuje.

My impression is, that Germans from the west are far more civilised than that from the former DDR on the east, apart from german pensioners on vacation which are class of their own. Polish people on group vacation are also monsters ;)

My impression is, that Germans from the west are far more civilised than that from the former DDR on the east, apart from german pensioners on vacation which are class of their own. Polish people on group vacation are also monsters ;)

I lived a total of 11 years in the former West Germany and I have lived in Poland for almost 9 years. In my opinion, Germany in many ways is still separated by a psychological wall, now that the physical one is gone. It has been more than 20 years since reunification but there is much work yet t be done to reunify the country.

I can usually spot the Polish tourists in other countries. The good thing is the number of Polish people working service jobs in many tourist destinations. They are usually very friendly, pleasant and helpful, especially the female ones. :D

I lived a total of 11 years in the former West Germany and I have lived in Poland for almost 9 years. In my opinion, Germany in many ways is still separated by a psychological wall, now that the physical one is gone. It has been more than 20 years since reunification but there is much work yet t be done to reunify the country.

I can usually spot the Polish tourists in other countries. The good thing is the number of Polish people working service jobs in many tourist destinations. They are usually very friendly, pleasant and helpful, especially the female ones. :D

That drink or two seems even more interesting :D

That drink or two seems even more interesting :D

I'll be honest, I am addicted to Polish women. I have stories!

? H_w m_ny $

f_r h_nt_ng l_c_ns_

f_r sh__t_ng Wh_t_ B__rs _n P_l_nd ?

Good question. I can ask my hunter friend and find out. I think the answer is "A lot". Otherwise many more people would do it. They like pork a lot here and not many people hunt.

Over here, they are considered "feral pests" in most places, with no bag limits.

There was a thread here 2 or 3 years ago that actually relates to your area.

I quicky search brought up another news bit about radioactive hogs.

http://www.theverge.com/2017/2/24/14733094/radioactive-pigs-boars-czech-republic-central-europe-germany-chernobyl ;) ,, th_nk _'ll p_ss r_d___ct_v_ b_c_n

? do game dep't in that area have access to Geiger counters to check for that ?

Not 1 or 2 drinks, 2x0,7litre and some cucumbers ;)

Over here, they are considered "feral pests" in most places, with no bag limits.

There was a thread here 2 or 3 years ago that actually relates to your area.

I quicky search brought up another news bit about radioactive hogs.

http://www.theverge.com/2017/2/24/14733094/radioactive-pigs-boars-czech-republic-central-europe-germany-chernobyl ;) ,, th_nk _'ll p_ss r_d___ct_v_ b_c_n

? do game dep't in that area have access to Geiger counters to check for that ?

I live on the far west side of Poland on the Oder river, which is the border with Germany, about 55 miles due east of Berlin. I think that is a bigger problem in the southern and eastern parts of Poland. Also the prevailing winds here are from the west, not to far away the weather comes from the east. Consequently, we have the best weather in all of Poland. I haven't heard anything about radioactive pigs, my former house was right next to a forest chock full of wild boars, they would root on the empty land next to my house all night and I never saw any glowing in the dark! :) Also many people here pick wild mushrooms frequently and nobody has mentioned anything about radioactivity that I know of.

Not 1 or 2 drinks, 2x0,7litre and some cucumbers ;)

And maybe some dark chleb with smalec!

,,, I haven't heard anything about radioactive pigs ,,, mushrooms ,,,

Yigael; ? news or talk in your area ?

B) , just goes ta show ,,

damn near anything worth knowing can be found in these hallowed halls ,,

:rolleyes:

, OH! one more thing,,

;) you guys should probably use subsonic ammo

, OH! one more thing,,

I don't hunt, I don't like to kill things. Well, not animals anyway. There are a few people... ;)

, OH! one more thing,,

I don't hunt, I don't like to kill things. Well, not animals anyway. There are a few people... ;)

+1 For the animal part & +1 for the other ;)

Bout what? Radioactive boars and mushrooms? Pripyat is some 400 miles straight line from Warsaw! You just ask me if it is safe to hunt wild pigs in south Oregon, Tennesee and north of Quebec. You know Three Mile Island Power Plant and surface atomic tests field in Nevada...

I was in Pripyat 5 years ago, in the ghost town and power plant, radiation apart of only couple places was safe to live there, not so to grow food for people or livestock - thera are safe spots and some over contaminated to this day. Wildlife is not only unaffected /no five leg wolfs and so on ;) / but "the zone" is, wild animals sanctuary a kind because of almost total absence of people activity. Only in some places you can see dead forest but it was contaminated by rain in the days of fire in the Block 4 and the didn't cover all dead trees with caterpillars. But we are talking of Chernobyl power plant closest proximity.

Wild mushroom and wild pigs are perfectly safe to eat in Poland and natural background radiation is higher in some part of France or Iran for example than it was in Poland just after the explosion. ;)

OK, Thanks, Yigael, clears my mind about relative locations.

Like you say left coast long way from TMI, and upwind of Nevada.

I hunt.

I don't like to kill animals.

, and "so far" ,, :D

Then why do you hunt? There's always lots of meat in the stores and when all is said and done it's cheaper than hunting.

Koreans all know the rules. Tank traps still scare the shit out of me, though.

Sounds like you were there in the eighties, since that was when your history seems to begin. I was there before that, and they all knew the rules then. The problem you're having is merely that you don't know their rules. The rest is fear.

OK, Thanks, Yigael, clears my mind about relative locations.

Like you say left coast long way from TMI, and upwind of Nevada.

I hunt.

I don't like to kill animals.

, and "so far" ,, :D

As for the hunting license and such things i won't be very helpful - I don't hunt and don't like it so don't know any precise rules, but it's for sure possible for foreign citizen to hunt legally in Poland but you must contact these guys https://www.pzlow.pl/palio/html.run?_Instance=www&_PageID=1&_Lang=en&_C=C_INDEX&_rC=&_CheckSum=-1092197033 not me, I'm afraid ;)

Then why do you hunt? There's always lots of meat in the stores and when all is said and done it's cheaper than hunting.

Some people feel irresponsible having others take a life so they can eat when they are perfectly capable themselves. Then there's the opposition to factory farming practices, and the dosages of hormones and antibiotics.

I'm too fucking lazy to hunt for food, could care less about others having to do the killing, and I like my meat hormone'd up, but not sick.

I have a 100% success rate when I go hunting at the grocery store or D&D Meats.

No lawn chairs.

No twitchiness.

I have a 100% success rate when I go hunting at the grocery store or D&D Meats.

No lawn chairs.

No twitchiness.

Golf clap

There's always lots of meat in the stores,,,

:) Point granted.

and when all is said and done it's cheaper than hunting.

Hatin' touched on some key stuff with honesty.

? why do others _not_ hunt ?

There's always lots of meat in the stores,,,

and when all is said and done it's cheaper than hunting.

Hatin' touched on some key stuff with honesty.

"All things both great and small; For the dear God who loveth us, He made and loveth all."

hunting was to survive at one time..

but, I'll make exceptions for the wood rats (deer) and every fucking mallard around..

Because killing animals makes me feel bad.

Buying it in the store creates a nice comfortable distance from the brutality of it.

Think of it kind of like the difference between sewage treatment plants and shiny clean toilets.

Buying it in the store creates a nice comfortable distance from the brutality of it.

Think of it kind of like the difference between sewage treatment plants and shiny clean toilets.

Wonderful analogy! :)

Wonderful analogy! :)

Indeed.

imho it might only happen when all the generation that lived with the physical wall i gone.

Good stuff Sloop.

Field dressing does bring the brutality of existence into sharp focus,

, and it does smell bad.

The acknowledgment of those helps one maintain perspective.