• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
bgytr

j105 class health?

How's the 105 class been holding up? Was doing a quick scan of 105s on yachtworld and prices seem lower by quite a bit compared to 5 or so years ago.

Just curious, still a great boat for decent local one design if the class is still good..

Going great out here in SF Bay, 20+ boats on the line at any given regatta. Couple new owners in the fleet, and a couple more show up out of hiding for less competitive regattas like midwinters.

We will get 10+ for our NOOD regatta in June. Plenty more on the Great Lakes but many do not race. Has to be upwards of 20+ 105's on Lake MI.

Race to Mackinac 2017 20 boats and counting.

Black Diamond out of MI City? Why ORR section vs 1 design start?

21 registered for this weekend's event at the SFYC.

We see 3 or 4 boats turn over each year - which is healthy. I've been racing Fleet One since 2005. Of the 21 boats registered, 3 have been with the fleet longer than me. 13 of the boats have been regulars for longer than me.

So, we have about 80% owner and 40% boat turn-over in 15 years. There were 64 known J105s in and around the SF Bay in 2012 when we counted them, about 40% race in Fleet One at some point during the season. A few more like to do only PHRF or short-handed SSS races and about half are AWOL.

Where else can you participate in a +20 OD keelboat boat fleet 10 times a year? The fleet is very healthy and the biggest on the bay. Other smaller boats have excellent fleets with good racing: Knarr, Folkboat, Express27, I race SSS under PHRF from time to time and the Express drivers are really hard to beat. The Knarrs have a reputation for being spectacularly good tactical sailors, and the Folkboat fleet is really friendly. I still like my J105, though - it's been a great platform for fun with a crew and also with my kids when they were little - it's big enough not to be scary and has light enough loads that they could drive it when they were quite small.

Contrary to what most people do, I bought mine when I found out that my wife was pregnant (most people sell up when they get their kids). My happiest times with my boys have been on the boat teaching them thinking skills, being responsible for an important task and having patience, building confidence and working with them to a shared goal. Priceless.

Doing great in the Pacific NW.  3 just had a Division in the Oregon Offshore (with some good finishes in another downwind run), 7 are doing the Swiftsure Race, ~15 expected at Whidbey Island Race Week, and lots of events up in Seattle with 8-10+.  Four now in Stumptown (Portland) which is fun.

Very healthy j105 fleet in Naptown and the Chesapeake.

Had 22 for the naptown noods with teams from canada and bermuda. Looked pretty healthy to me. 

I just brought a great 105 up from Long Beach and am now busy bringing up the rear in SF Bay Fleet 1 races, a newb to OD racing. 20 boats on the Cityfront coming off the line? Love it and will be doing this for a long time. 

On 6/1/2017 at 9:59 PM, SF20kts+ said:

I just brought a great 105 up from Long Beach and am now busy bringing up the rear in SF Bay Fleet 1 races, a newb to OD racing. 20 boats on the Cityfront coming off the line? Love it and will be doing this for a long time. 

I'll be racing you for not last place this spring! The prices are coming down and that means young blood can begin thinking about buying in. That includes me. With my budget I don't expect to crack the top two thirds of the fleet but we're doing our part to drink the beer after the sailing is done for the day. We had 16 in November for midwinters in SF two weeks ago.

Phytoscience Double stemcell for proof physical condition of human as well as medical fields

Double Stem - cell- like cells that generate these 220 the most important stem cells at birth the placenta is found in the center of mother as well as child, who are create inside it intended for the protection currently available stem cell bank. If humans lose his cell for any disease and problem, double stem cell help to visit make cells back.

For more

Cancer Treatment