Dog

Climate news

On 11/28/2018 at 3:18 PM, Left Shift said:

What he is actually arguing for is a globalist vision of environmental management.  For the purposes of measuring pollution, the oceans are not a particularly effective barrier.  "Their" pollution creates "our" environment.  

And, of course, we are at "record clean" due to policies he is explicitly trying to reverse.

He's just too stupid to understand what he is saying.  

We are at record clean because of a generation of standards. SCAQMD issued the first around 1958. Ofuckwadbama and his admimostration issued unrealistic standards aimed not at clean but at industry elimination.  The roll backs of. TRUMP will do nothing to worsen or existing enviroemt.

• Downvote 2

^^ fkg reich-wingers...smh   I can grudgingly 'accept' their social views, but not their environmental ones, the stakes are too high, the moral abominations too glaring.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dog said:

“I was extraordinarily proud of the Paris accords because — you know, I know we’re in oil country and we need American energy, and by the way, American energy production, you wouldn’t always know it but it went up every year I was president. That whole, suddenly America’s like the biggest oil producer and the biggest gas — that was me, people.” ...Barack Obama

He was, in a way, being racist. 

He was talking at Rice University, and was modifying his linguistic skill to “dumb it down” for the Republican stalwarts of that state. They don’t like folks talkin all “uppity.” 

/sarc

But please, point out more similarities between Obama’s oratory and Trump’s word salad. This will be fun!

2 hours ago, warbird said:

We are at record clean because of a generation of standards. SCAQMD issued the first around 1958. Ofuckwadbama and his admimostration issued unrealistic standards aimed not at clean but at industry elimination.  The roll backs of. TRUMP will do nothing to worsen or existing enviroemt.

Were you just a little tipsy when you typed that?   The news of the day getting you to dive into the bottle a little early?  Or maybe you live in a state where weed is legal.

17 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Were you just a little tipsy when you typed that?   The news of the day getting you to dive into the bottle a little early?  Or maybe you live in a state where weed is legal.

He types on a phone. With his nose.

11 hours ago, phillysailor said:

He was, in a way, being racist. 

He was talking at Rice University, and was modifying his linguistic skill to “dumb it down” for the Republican stalwarts of that state. They don’t like folks talkin all “uppity.” 

/sarc

But please, point out more similarities between Obama’s oratory and Trump’s word salad. This will be fun!

Did you miss the point? It had to do with content not form. Obama praised the Paris accords with its aim to limit the use of fossil fuels and went on to claim credit for making America the world's leader in production of fossil fuels.

47 minutes ago, Dog said:

Did you miss the point? It had to do with content not form. Obama praised the Paris accords with its aim to limit the use of fossil fuels and went on to claim credit for making America the world's leader in production of fossil fuels.

When Trump does that it counts as a lie.

1 hour ago, Dog said:

Imagine if we could not only increase our economic production but reduce our carbon footprint through efficiency! 

Its almost as if there are industries which profit off unnecessary gas guzzlers and consumer waste.

cough . cough .. Koch!

24 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

Imagine if we could not only increase our economic production but reduce our carbon footprint through efficiency! 

Its almost as if there are industries which profit off unnecessary gas guzzlers and consumer waste.

cough . cough .. Koch!

Is Koch forcing Americans to buy SUVs instead of coal fired electric cars?

34 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

cough . cough .. Koch!

More fossil fuel burned, more atmospheric CO2. 

So Clinton and Obama lobbied for clean energy, now Obama is being criticized because he didn't shut down oil/gas exploration when we are importing it?  For the umpteenth and yes last time i am mentioning "Back to Work' by William Jefferson Clinton and which Obama quoted from in several SOTU speeches.

this shit never ends.

1 hour ago, Dog said:

More fossil fuel burned, more atmospheric CO2. 

I prefer to think of America’s energy production as combatting Russian and ME influence on world politics 

1 hour ago, Saorsa said:

Yes, by lobbying against fuel economy standards

18 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

I prefer to think of America’s energy production as combatting Russian and ME influence on world politics 

We agree on that.

1 hour ago, d'ranger said:

So Clinton and Obama lobbied for clean energy, now Obama is being criticized because he didn't shut down oil/gas exploration when we are importing it?  For the umpteenth and yes last time i am mentioning "Back to Work' by William Jefferson Clinton and which Obama quoted from in several SOTU speeches.

this shit never ends.

He did on public lands.

And then he didn't.

https://www.desmogblog.com/2016/09/29/obama-admin-oil-gas-public-lands-waters-endangered-species-act

24 minutes ago, phillysailor said:
1 hour ago, Saorsa said:

Yes, by lobbying against fuel economy standards

But that's just intrusive regulation

If Americans want to buy huge gas-guzzling 4-wheel-drive SUVs (or just a jacked-up bloated re-styled station wagon) because advertising campaigns have made think think it's cool, then the gov't should not force them to drive more economical vehicles for their own good.

Just like the dadgum gubbermint has NO business forcing us to drive safer vehicles, when Americans obviously want to be killed and maimed by the tens of thousands in car wrecks.

-DSK

15 hours ago, Left Shift said:

What part is incorrect except typing?

20 hours ago, warbird said:

Warpedbird.png.a5a08354cc02501cef7e9cc9ebc34bb9.png

4 hours ago, warbird said:

Everything after "We".

5 hours ago, warbird said:

??morally retarded?? call 1 800 GET A BRAIN, act now and get two for one. 

7 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

But that's just intrusive regulation

If Americans want to buy huge gas-guzzling 4-wheel-drive SUVs (or just a jacked-up bloated re-styled station wagon) because advertising campaigns have made think think it's cool, then the gov't should not force them to drive more economical vehicles for their own good.

Just like the dadgum gubbermint has NO business forcing us to drive safer vehicles, when Americans obviously want to be killed and maimed by the tens of thousands in car wrecks.

-DSK

High gas taxes make the small cars more acceptable in Europe but you would be surprised at the number of SUVs and larger crossovers on the roads.

The Hyunday Tucson is the best selling car in Ireland.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/suvs-are-now-europes-bestselling-cars-–-but-which-are-most-popular/ss-BBp4DmZ

3 hours ago, random said:

Warpedbird.png.a5a08354cc02501cef7e9cc9ebc34bb9.png

I haven't looked at this thread in months. Anything new been added? I noticed that the sea level hasn't risen at all since I was last here.

8 hours ago, LB 15 said:

I haven't looked at this thread in months. Anything new been added? I noticed that the sea level hasn't risen at all since I was last here.

I think it's Randys GIF's that's doing the trick.
Could we have a graph that shows the relation between the number of GIF's and subsequent fall in global temperature? Please.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ModernViking said:

I think it's Randys GIF's that's doing the trick.

I totally agree.

It's made the fuckwits STFU.

4 hours ago, random said:

I totally agree.

It's made the fuckwits STFU.

Yes it does seem so, but what impact does it have on global warming?
I mean you are not just doing it to piss them off right? Don't tell me that you are not actually doing anything about global warming? That would make your entire effort seem so..  pointless.

14 hours ago, LB 15 said:

We've been given another 10 years.

2 hours ago, Dog said:

We've been given another 10 years.

I predict that in another ten years we will get another ten years.

7 hours ago, ModernViking said:

Yes it does seem so, but what impact does it have on global warming?
I mean you are not just doing it to piss them off right? Don't tell me that you are not actually doing anything about global warming? That would make your entire effort seem so..  pointless.

Whatever the reason is that the RW trolls are here for, and are trying to achieve ... I am doing opposite.

You work it out.

3 hours ago, random said:

Whatever the reason is that the RW trolls are here for, and are trying to achieve ... I am doing opposite.

You work it out.

I did - a long time ago mate.

4 minutes ago, ModernViking said:

I did - a long time ago mate.

I'm not convinced you are capable of rational thought, let alone working something out.

Your views expressed here prove my case.

9 hours ago, Laker said:

I don't know where you are located, but try this link to find out the amount of sea level rise since you have been away.

https://coast.noaa.gov/digitalcoast/tools/slr.html

I tried looking for my area at https://riskfinder.climatecentral.org/place/port-charlotte.fl.us?comparisonType=place&forecastType=NOAA2017_int_p50&level=5&unit=ft

and here is what I got for a result.

Surging_Seas_Risk_Finder.jpg

1 hour ago, Saorsa said:

Yep, you are probably right.  Port Charlotte doesn't have much of a tide change, so one would not expect "non total value flooding".  There are parts of the Gulf Coast in the same situation.  Not the same in a lot of other areas.

Florida seems to be having a few climate change issues

image.thumb.png.4f9d66d595a28096b0188d395004a713.png

11 minutes ago, Gissie said:

Wow, rain in Florida. Who would have guessed. 

what a stupid cunt you are ...

Florida's Sea Level Has Risen Only 8" Since 1950

But It's Already Costing $4 Billion

The sea level around Florida is 8 inches higher than it was in 1950.1 | 2 This increase is mostly due to ice melting into the ocean and, complicated by the porous limestone that the state sits on, it’s causing major issues. Many traditional methods to solve for sea level rise and flooding in Florida won’t work, because water can flow through the porous ground, up from below, and under sea walls. In Miami-Dade County, the groundwater levels in some places are not high enough relative to the rising sea levels, which has allowed saltwater to intrude into the drinking water and compromised sewage plants. There are already 120,000 properties at risk from frequent tidal flooding in Florida.3 The state is planning over $4 billion in sea level rise solutions, which include protecting sewage systems, raising roads, stormwater improvements, and seawalls.

Sea level rise is speeding up

9 hours ago, random said:

I'm not convinced you are capable of rational thought, let alone working something out.

Your views expressed here prove my case.

594309933_giphy(1).gif.1ed05471eb21b86fe858055e470279f8.gif

3 minutes ago, ModernViking said:

594309933_giphy(1).gif.1ed05471eb21b86fe858055e470279f8.gif

If you got nothing ... just do whatever random does.

Funni a s fuck.

I think that the big issue in Florida is that the salination line in the southern swamps has gone north to an alarming extent.  This is a better indication of sea level rise in that area of low tidal flow.  Sea water is mixing with the fresh water and changing the chemistry of the water in the swamps.  This is affecting the plant life.

9 minutes ago, Laker said:

I think that the big issue in Florida is that the salination line in the southern swamps has gone north to an alarming extent.  This is a better indication of sea level rise in that area of low tidal flow.  Sea water is mixing with the fresh water and changing the chemistry of the water in the swamps.  This is affecting the plant life.

What about it?  Is there something that you can do to control sea level rise? 

• Downvote 1

42 minutes ago, Laker said:

Yep, all that development needs to be accomodated.  We're down at the south end of all that and are getting a desalinization plant even though we have adequate water for the present.  That salinization is another reason that the red tide gets closer to the coast every year and reduced surface flow helps the blue-green algae stay established..

Feds and State are spending big bucks studying so they have some time before they have to break the news to folks.

51 minutes ago, jzk said:

What about it?  Is there something that you can do to control sea level rise? 

Repeal the 22 amendment?

• Downvote 1

Oh no you can't amend an amendment!!!!!!

The sea level around Florida is 8 inches higher than it was in 1950.1 | 2 This increase is mostly due to ice melting into the ocean and, complicated by the porous limestone that the state sits on, it’s causing major issues. Many traditional methods to solve for sea level rise and flooding in Florida won’t work, because water can flow through the porous ground, up from below, and under sea walls. In Miami-Dade County, the groundwater levels in some places are not high enough relative to the rising sea levels, which has allowed saltwater to intrude into the drinking water and compromised sewage plants. There are already 120,000 properties at risk from frequent tidal flooding in Florida.3 The state is planning over $4 billion in sea level rise solutions, which include protecting sewage systems, raising roads, stormwater improvements, and seawalls.

"Stupid building locations" should be the article title.  In 1950 they knew the sea level was rising. 

10 hours ago, random said:

You’re nothing but a shill. They pay much?

• Downvote 1

The BOM have been at it again. Their press realease states that the 105mils of rain that fell on one day in Sydney last week was a ‘November record’ and a ‘100 year event’. In fact the record highest daily rainfall for Sydney was on 9th November 1984 of 234 mils. 

But just like the 12 year old students that went on strike last week, Randumb and his elk don’t let the facts get in the way of a good  rant. You should stop believing everything the Government tell you mate...

2 hours ago, random said:

Oh no you can't amend an amendment!!!!!!

I said repeal.  You so missed the point.

But that doesn’t surprise me...

13 hours ago, random said:

If you got nothing ... just do whatever random does.

Funni a s fuck.

Yes you are easy to entertain.
Oh hell, I'll throw in another one, but then be quiet for at least 6 hours.
randshit.jpg.a87e83515ca88bda7d92457989120380.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Randumb - Your mates at the BOM should stop lying to the countries school children. From Indigo Jones...

'More lies. The other day the BOM said it was the hottest day on record in Queensland, Lies, lies and more lies from government departments. At Rockhampton it shows here that hottest day going back only to 1940, which doesn't even complete any big cycles was 18th November 1990 when it was 45.3 , the other day it was only 41.5 Brisbane hottest day was in 1914.'

Lying cunts.

Bom lies..jpg

2 hours ago, ModernViking said:

Yes you are easy to entertain.
Oh hell, I'll throw in another one, but then be quiet for at least 6 hours.
randshit.jpg.a87e83515ca88bda7d92457989120380.jpg

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Gold!

6 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Hey Randumb - Your mates at the BOM should stop lying to the countries school children. From Indigo Jones...

'More lies. The other day the BOM said it was the hottest day on record in Queensland, Lies, lies and more lies from government departments. At Rockhampton it shows here that hottest day going back only to 1940, which doesn't even complete any big cycles was 18th November 1990 when it was 45.3 , the other day it was only 41.5 Brisbane hottest day was in 1914.'

Lying cunts.

Bom lies..jpg

That's fucking hilarious LB.  Are you sure you know what Port and Starboard are?

If they in fact did say "hottest day on record in Queensland", then they are correct.

You on the otherhand do a Jack and talk about the hottest day in Rockhampton!!!!!

YCMTSU.

Joe-Biden-Laughing-Shaking-his-Head.gif?

11 hours ago, warbird said:

"Stupid building locations" should be the article title.  In 1950 they knew the sea level was rising. 

Yeah?

Did they?

You are making shit up again.

Yaaaawwwnnnn.

1 hour ago, random said:

If they in fact did say "hottest day on record in Queensland", then they are correct.

Comprehension has never been your strong point. You have a lot in common with the schoolchildren who went on strike last week. Like them you don’t understand the science, you blindly believe and parrot  the left political message and you have a small dick. Sadly only 2 of these faults can be fixed. 

23 hours ago, random said:

Humour seems to have jumped the fence at your place. 

Along with intelligence judging by your posts. Can always try and cover it up with some witty meme and a shrill cry of shrill I suppose. Maybe it impresses your hand as it looks after you. 

14 minutes ago, Gissie said:

Humour seems to have jumped the fence at your place. 

Along with intelligence judging by your posts. Can always try and cover it up with some witty meme and a shrill cry of shrill I suppose. Maybe it impresses your hand as it looks after you. 

Fucking hell, the post worked a treat!

All the fuckwit shills were drawn to it like seagulls to a packet of hot chips!

LoathsomeCleverIcelandicsheepdog-small.g

40 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Comprehension has never been your strong point. You have a lot in common with the schoolchildren who went on strike last week. Like them you don’t understand the science, you blindly believe and parrot  the left political message and you have a small dick. Sadly only 2 of these faults can be fixed. 

You were bent over and fucked with facts LB.

You are a 'sore' loser.  Was it hot in Rockhampton today?

giphy.gif

49 minutes ago, random said:

You were bent over and fucked with facts LB.

You are a 'sore' loser.  Was it hot in Rockhampton today?

giphy.gif

You would think when someone is wrong as often as you are that they would shut the fuck up. But you just keep giving. 

1 hour ago, random said:

Fucking hell, the post worked a treat!

All the fuckwit shills were drawn to it like seagulls to a packet of hot chips!

LoathsomeCleverIcelandicsheepdog-small.g

Really not a good idea show footage from your chest cam just after you drop your pants. But then maybe you are proud you can elicit such a reaction. Each to their own I guess. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gissie said:

Really not a good idea show footage from your chest cam just after you drop your pants. But then maybe you are proud you can elicit such a reaction. Each to their own I guess. 

image.thumb.png.4236578ececf79e98298e1515be25968.png

29 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

You would think when someone is wrong as often as you are that they would shut the fuck up. But you just keep giving. 

How hot was it in Rockhampton today?

giphy.gif

I can see the GIF numbers are up again, should be reflected shortly in falling sea levels and cooler temps.
Great work Random, no one fights global warming like you do. They all say it.

Yeah?

Did they?

You are making shit up again.

Yaaaawwwnnnn.

ranDumberthanwormshit No, some established benchmarks were recorded in the 1880s or 1890s.

How else would we have data going back that far? 

On 12/1/2018 at 11:54 PM, Laker said:

Yep, you are probably right.  Port Charlotte doesn't have much of a tide change, so one would not expect "non total value flooding".  There are parts of the Gulf Coast in the same situation.  Not the same in a lot of other areas.

I'm pretty sure if the sea level was rising that the Gulf would too.  I think that might  from St. Petersburg though but may just have been derived from St. Pete data.

Our tides run about 2 feet.

http://tides.mobilegeographics.com/graphs/5256.png

3 hours ago, warbird said:

ranDumberthanwormshit No, some established benchmarks were recorded in the 1880s or 1890s.

How else would we have data going back that far? 

Yeah, the stupid cunts should not have done what humans all over the planet do, and build near the coast!  YCMTSU.

Nothing to do with burning billions of tonnes of black stuff and changing the air we breath.  But the people of florida have nothing to look forward to.

image.thumb.png.8ddd137434f101c7fdea7f4a7f2237ac.png

26 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

I'm pretty sure if the sea level was rising that the Gulf would too.  I think that might  from St. Petersburg though but may just have been derived from St. Pete data.

Our tides run about 2 feet.

http://tides.mobilegeographics.com/graphs/5256.png

I believe they are worked from the St. Pete tide station.  I am certainly not an expert at this, however, from some work I did on the ancient shoreline of West Florida, I remember that the current that sets up the Gulf Stream in your area does some strange things.  Apparently the concentration of shells in the Sanibel Island area is an indication of this.

23 minutes ago, Laker said:

I believe they are worked from the St. Pete tide station.  I am certainly not an expert at this, however, from some work I did on the ancient shoreline of West Florida, I remember that the current that sets up the Gulf Stream in your area does some strange things.  Apparently the concentration of shells in the Sanibel Island area is an indication of this.

It does indeed.  Our tidal curve is a bit odd.  But sea level and tides are two different things.  Record highest tides should reflect sea level rise over time.

4 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

It does indeed.  Our tidal curve is a bit odd.  But sea level and tides are two different things.  Record highest tides should reflect sea level rise over time.

All the melting ice should mean a higher sea rise in the Western Arctic than what they have.  The Davis Strait is turning into a river these days.  The difference in x-elevation of the different GPS datum which you select with the higher end GPS machines is a good indication of this.

23 minutes ago, Laker said:

All the melting ice should mean a higher sea rise in the Western Arctic than what they have.  The Davis Strait is turning into a river these days.  The difference in x-elevation of the different GPS datum which you select with the higher end GPS machines is a good indication of this.

Here is an interesting NOAA site.

https://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/sltrends/sltrends_us.html

2 hours ago, random said:

Yeah, the stupid cunts should not have done what humans all over the planet do, and build near the coast!  YCMTSU.

Nothing to do with burning billions of tonnes of black stuff and changing the air we breath.  But the people of florida have nothing to look forward to.

image.thumb.png.8ddd137434f101c7fdea7f4a7f2237ac.png

Well that graphic is certainly definitive science. That is all the 'proof' that Randumb and that handful of brainwashed school children who do the bidding of the ALP need to continue their hypocrisy. This sums up you fuckwits perfectly. 

”To all the school kids going on "strike" for climate change..
You are the first generation who have required air-conditioning in every classroom. You want TV in every room and your classes are all computerised. You spend all day and night on electronic devices. More than ever, you don't walk or ride bikes to school but arrive in caravans of private cars that choke suburban roads and worsen rush hour traffic.

You are the biggest consumers of manufactured goods ever and replace perfectly good expensive luxury items to stay trendy. Your scooters and skateboards are increasingly... electric requiring more intensive manufacturing!

Furthermore, the people driving your protests are the same people who insist on artificially inflating the population growth through immigration which increases the need for energy, manufacturing and transport.

The more people we have, the more forest and bushland we clear and more of the environment is destroyed.

How about this... tell your teachers to switch off the air-con. Walk or ride to school. Switch off your devices and read a book. Make a sandwich instead of buying manufactured goods wrapped in plastic. Use a tap rather than bottled water

No, none of this will happen because you are uneducated in reality, selfish, narcissistic little turds inspired by the adults around you who crave a feeling of having a "noble cause" while they indulge themselves in Western luxury and unprecedented quality of life.”

Just like Randumb the urban activist of the interwebs. You and Meli should hook up on tinder. Or better still for the planet, write her a letter.

• Like 2

On the upside, the world gets to come together and actually present a plan, not just pie-in-the-sky talking points.

https://www.npr.org/2018/12/03/671243911/high-stakes-as-international-climate-conference-begins

"This meeting in Poland is going to be focused heavily on implementation rules for the Paris Agreement," explains Alden Meyer, the director of strategy and policy for the Union of Concerned Scientists. "Exactly how do countries have to report on actions they're taking? What information do they have to provide on the commitments they've made under the agreement? How will the finance flows work? What kind of mechanisms are there to increase ambition of commitments over time?" The guidelines they come up with are informally called the "rule book."

I hope they come up with something real instead of feel-good-isms.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cmilliken said:

On the upside, the world gets to come together and actually present a plan, not just pie-in-the-sky talking points.

https://www.npr.org/2018/12/03/671243911/high-stakes-as-international-climate-conference-begins

"This meeting in Poland is going to be focused heavily on implementation rules for the Paris Agreement," explains Alden Meyer, the director of strategy and policy for the Union of Concerned Scientists. "Exactly how do countries have to report on actions they're taking? What information do they have to provide on the commitments they've made under the agreement? How will the finance flows work? What kind of mechanisms are there to increase ambition of commitments over time?" The guidelines they come up with are informally called the "rule book."

I hope they come up with something real instead of feel-good-isms.

https://dailycaller.com/2018/12/03/un-climate-summit-carbon-footprint/

• Downvote 1

Nice self exposure you shill cunt ...

"The Daily Caller is a conservative/Republican news spin organization founded by conservative reporter Tucker Carlson and former Dick Cheney aide Neil Patel.[1] The Daily Caller's announced objective is to be a "content" response tool to articles on The Huffington Post. The Daily Caller intends to "challenge mainstream and other liberal news-media outlets." A "representative screenshot" of their "actual news reporting and not just opinion-writing" includes articles with headlines such as "Obama's Credit Card Rejected By NY Resturant" and "Chris Matthews: It's More Complicated To Be A Liberal." [1]

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, jzk said:

Very good.  I'm gratified you acknowledge the need to worry about carbon footprint, and force those guilty of gluttony to respect the planet.   Huzzah.   Now we can discuss introducing consequences for actions.   

The forest I planted traps tens of tonnes of C a year.

How about you fuckers?

• Like 1

Sir David Attenborough issues dire warning about climate change

Sir David Attenborough has warned that climate change is the greatest threat to humanity and could lead to the collapse of civilisations.

The stark message was issued to world leaders at United Nations climate talks in Katowice, Poland, who were urged to take action to drive down greenhouse gas emissions.

Sir David said the world was facing its "greatest threat in thousands of years” and that time was running out.

He warned: “If we don't take action, the collapse of our civilisations and the extinction of much of the natural world is on the horizon.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/sir-david-attenborough-issues-dire-warning-about-climate-change/ar-BBQrXa9?li=AAgfYrC&ocid=mailsignout

Hope I'm dead before our children understand the legacy we are leaving them .

have we as a species shit the Nest? yes

do we quibble about it far too much? yes

will this obscenity be our species greatest legacy? yes

at it's core, is it a political issue? no

are 'reich-wingers' fkg assholes, simpletons and oxygen thieves? yes

talk < action  

:((

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, random said:

How about you fuckers?

that's commendable.

50 minutes ago, random said:

How about you fuckers?

The fucking deer eat everything I plant.    They bit a tulip poplar in half that was the diameter of my thumb.  They even plucked a (poisenous) buckeye from the ground, but wisely left it laying nearby.   Meanwhile the mature trees die of various blights.    

8 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Well that graphic is certainly definitive science. That is all the 'proof' that Randumb and that handful of brainwashed school children who do the bidding of the ALP need to continue their hypocrisy. This sums up you fuckwits perfectly. 

”To all the school kids going on "strike" for climate change..
You are the first generation who have required air-conditioning in every classroom. You want TV in every room and your classes are all computerised. You spend all day and night on electronic devices. More than ever, you don't walk or ride bikes to school but arrive in caravans of private cars that choke suburban roads and worsen rush hour traffic.

You are the biggest consumers of manufactured goods ever and replace perfectly good expensive luxury items to stay trendy. Your scooters and skateboards are increasingly... electric requiring more intensive manufacturing!

Furthermore, the people driving your protests are the same people who insist on artificially inflating the population growth through immigration which increases the need for energy, manufacturing and transport.

The more people we have, the more forest and bushland we clear and more of the environment is destroyed.

How about this... tell your teachers to switch off the air-con. Walk or ride to school. Switch off your devices and read a book. Make a sandwich instead of buying manufactured goods wrapped in plastic. Use a tap rather than bottled water

No, none of this will happen because you are uneducated in reality, selfish, narcissistic little turds inspired by the adults around you who crave a feeling of having a "noble cause" while they indulge themselves in Western luxury and unprecedented quality of life.”

Just like Randumb the urban activist of the interwebs. You and Meli should hook up on tinder. Or better still for the planet, write her a letter.

that quote is spot on, but if I'm not mistaken, it sounds like just another tool pointing fingers. who wrote it?

edit: never mind, apparently it's a 'baby boomer' who's probably butthurt about his own eco guilt.

probably would be able to switch off the aircon IF ( remember if , it's the BIGGEST word in the English Language ) IF the mean temps were the same as we enjoyed during our school years ...................

1 hour ago, random said:

How about you fuckers?

Well let me see, my son does not have a driver's license, rides to work on a bike, currently unemployed at the moment myself (due to change soon!) that entails a near 60 mile round trip to my union hall, all by bike & public transportation, we get by with a single auto (94 Ford Escort wagon, still under 100K!), so in my neighborhood I'm #2 in the "who buys the least gasoline sweepstakes" the winner by default is the old guy who is even more eccentric than me who retired his last car decades ago.

That's the positive, on the negative is my furnace, gas unit that replaced the forced air electric that my wife drowned by flooding an upstairs toilet, perhaps when I really seriously retire I'll do something about that, how swinging would it be to have 1st solar panels in my cul-de-sac?

On 12/3/2018 at 6:09 AM, LB 15 said:

The BOM have been at it again. Their press realease states that the 105mils of rain that fell on one day in Sydney last week was a ‘November record’ and a ‘100 year event’. In fact the record highest daily rainfall for Sydney was on 9th November 1984 of 234 mils. 

But just like the 12 year old students that went on strike last week, Randumb and his elk don’t let the facts get in the way of a good  rant. You should stop believing everything the Government tell you mate...

Random has an elk? Who knew?

Yes I have a forest that I planted nearly 20 years ago.  I am harvesting now with the help of volunteers.  Some of it goes into shade structures, some of it will be turned into bio-char, 85 - 90% carbon to be used as fertiliser.

I do not have any elk, but the kangaroos like it on a hot day.

I have never understood the "elk" thing is it some kind of inside joke, we have them here so maybe I don't get it, or maybe a lot of keyboards with a broken "i" key?

1 hour ago, 3to1 said:

that quote is spot on, but if I'm not mistaken, it sounds like just another tool pointing fingers. who wrote it?

edit: never mind, apparently it's a 'baby boomer' who's probably butthurt about his own eco guilt.

Spot on yet butthurt? 

15 minutes ago, random said:

Yes I have a forest that I planted nearly 20 years ago.  I am harvesting now with the help of volunteers.  Some of it goes into shade structures, some of it will be turned into bio-char, 85 - 90% carbon to be used as fertiliser.

I do not have any elk, but the kangaroos like it on a hot day.

Sure you do. It didn’t get burned while you were being ‘evacuated’ the other day then

1 hour ago, Mid said:

probably would be able to switch off the aircon IF ( remember if , it's the BIGGEST word in the English Language ) IF the mean temps were the same as we enjoyed during our school years ...................

And exactly how much have the mean temperature risen since you left school? Can you answer that without googling? Surly you guys know what you are talking about. You could ask a 14 year old school child.they have all the answers.