• Announcements

    • Zapata

      Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

      Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
B.J. Porter

New Version - Official Issues/Comment Thread

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

In the old version, opening the "reply with quote" link in a new tab would open, well, a "reply with quote" link in a new tab.

Now it just opens the same thread in a new tab.

I liked it better before.

The way Quote handling has been substantially changed. I do not think we can do much about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, d'ranger said:
1 hour ago, B.J. Porter said:

Check out the lower left hand corner of a user profile now - Display Name History is back!

You rock. Scot should double your salary at a minimum.  (jk, I know you volunteer for this gig).

So I had to turn it off for the time being.

The reason why is that a LOT of people had their Display Names reverted back to their original Login Names by a...feature...in the upgrade process. These were names they never used publicly and were not supposed to be, but were perhaps reflective of (or the same as...) their real world names. So people are getting outed by the system with this.

These folks are the reason the Display Name free for all is open right now, so they can fix them. But that means the change from their "Real" name to their "Display Name" they always used on SA is logged in the name change history, exposing their real name.

So while we're looking for a way to delete that particular name change record for these people from the database, we need to shut off the Display Name History.

Once we've locked the name changes back down and we can delete those change records, I can turn the name history back on for the general public.

Sorry...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ~HHN92~ said:

Why am I getting a notice that SA forums wants to send me notifications and that I need to turn this on in my computer? I don't want to turn this on and want to get rid of this notice popping up every time I make a move.

If you accept the notifications, all it seems to do is pop up a note saying something like "xxxx has posted in this thread, show? yes/no"

If you say yes, the new posts are at the end of the thread. Saves you from replying if someone has said what you want to say already or if you want to change what you would have said. 

My initial reaction was "hell no!" but glad I said yes now that I see it is rather  benign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

The way Quote handling has been substantially changed. I do not think we can do much about that.

I figured that would be the answer but if there's a workaround that makes it work like the old one it would be nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Check out the lower left hand corner of a user profile now - Display Name History is back!

Brilliant! Now how about html editing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, back in post #7 I asked if we could have the "first post/first unread post/last post preview".  I see now that by hovering over the thread title we get the first post and the last post.  Can "first unread post" be added?  Also very useful was knowing how many unread posts there are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok, so I skipped page 2, ignore if covered, but DAMN the forums list is long on a mobile. Do we really have to see the full description of each forum and, really, who gives 2 shits about archived OnTheWater Anarchy or whatever it's called? The list of regattas from 10 years ago takes the full screen.  

 

Rant off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing I really liked in the old old old forum was the ability to click on a thread icon and see thumbnails of all the images posted in that thread. I'd be thrilled for that to come back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

One thing I really liked in the old old old forum was the ability to click on a thread icon and see thumbnails of all the images posted in that thread. I'd be thrilled for that to come back.

Wow, had no idea about that one ^.

Experience so far has been positive.  In the first few minutes of connecting I had a look at the Custom Streams but found the standard set along with the ability to sort the columns to be about all I need.  The new treatment of images is a big improvement although I have had a couple of performance issues with the embedded youtube windows.  May have been temporary hopefully.  Paragraph formatting and new nesting function is a vast improvement.

Need to resist making it more like the old one for the sake of it though, until we know the limits of this one.

I'm sure that most of the benefits of moving to the new software have little to do with the interface.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, groundhog said:

Ok, back in post #7 I asked if we could have the "first post/first unread post/last post preview".  I see now that by hovering over the thread title we get the first post and the last post.  Can "first unread post" be added?  Also very useful was knowing how many unread posts there are.

We don't have a ton of control over that stuff, but you can create your own feed streams on the Activity tab that may do what you want to do.

Keep in mind - this is canned software, we didn't write it. We can only customize it to the extent that the software supports it, or install some plugins and extensions unless we write them ourselves (we don't do that).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, random said:

Wow, had no idea about that one ^.

Experience so far has been positive.  In the first few minutes of connecting I had a look at the Custom Streams but found the standard set along with the ability to sort the columns to be about all I need.  The new treatment of images is a big improvement although I have had a couple of performance issues with the embedded youtube windows.  May have been temporary hopefully.  Paragraph formatting and new nesting function is a vast improvement.

Need to resist making it more like the old one for the sake of it though, until we know the limits of this one.

I'm sure that most of the benefits of moving to the new software have little to do with the interface.

Biggest benefit from were I sit is I can look in the "Spam Activity Summary" and see dozens of assholes that got cordoned off there that I didn't have to manually review...

But a lot of the UI changes are pretty nice, though I don't like how they just wantonly removed some functions with no way to put them back in easily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you buy the plugin that makes all the avatars rotate through random internet images?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ishmael said:

Can you buy the plugin that makes all the avatars rotate through random internet images?

Maybe, so long as it randomly changes Display Names along with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

I can look in the "Spam Activity Summary" and see dozens of assholes that got cordoned off there that I didn't have to manually review...

Don't need names of course but were there any surprises in that list?  Like posters that have been here a while?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, random said:

Don't need names of course but were there any surprises in that list?  Like posters that have been here a while?

It doesn't work that way.

Basically, when you try to create a new account the software checks you for a bunch of criteria against a database of known spammers. If you match any one of them you get sidelined for manual review, more than one and your account doesn't get in.

Once you are in, it never looks at you again.

It's only function is as an automated gatekeeper to keep spammers out. We still have to play whack-a-mole manually if one gets through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a shame.  I was hoping it might have been retrospective ... ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, B.J. Porter said:
1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

Can you buy the plugin that makes all the avatars rotate through random internet images?

Maybe, so long as it randomly changes Display Names along with it.

I could live with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Happie Jack said:

Question being lazy my mouse stays out of the way as i scroll a thread with keys, the hover mouse brings up member profile java pop up. Does that annoyance to me, show up as a "profile visit" to that account?

I have absolutely no idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Brass said:

What's happened to the 'past screennames' in anarchists profiles?

read posts #205, 206 and 210. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a bit aggravating to have the threads display the top of the most recent page when you click on them, rather than the first unread post. Other than that it seems to work ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, RKoch said:

It's a bit aggravating to have the threads display the top of the most recent page when you click on them, rather than the first unread post. Other than that it seems to work ok.

If you click the dot to the left of the topic (or star, if you've posted in it) it takes you directly to the first unread post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

If you click the dot to the left of the topic (or star, if you've posted in it) it takes you directly to the first unread post.

More or less. Short text pages load correctly, but video and image-heavy threads dump me way back in the thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

If you click the dot to the left of the topic (or star, if you've posted in it) it takes you directly to the first unread post.

Ok, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

More or less. Short text pages load correctly, but video and image-heavy threads dump me way back in the thread.

Patience, grasshopper. It can't scroll you to the first unread post until it loads the thread!

If you wait a moment before you start scrolling, it should take you there. And your "Read to" point now has that handy blue line, which I've become quite fond of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:
9 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

More or less. Short text pages load correctly, but video and image-heavy threads dump me way back in the thread.

Patience, grasshopper. It can't scroll you to the first unread post until it loads the thread!

If you wait a moment before you start scrolling, it should take you there. And your "Read to" point now has that handy blue line, which I've become quite fond of.

Yours may load like that, but mine doesn't. I don't try and go anywhere before the loading is finished, I know that's pointless.

When I go into the "Something Different for CA" thread in CA, it loads up at #1126, when the first unread post is actually #1138.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Yours may load like that, but mine doesn't. I don't try and go anywhere before the loading is finished, I know that's pointless.

When I go into the "Something Different for CA" thread in CA, it loads up at #1126, when the first unread post is actually #1138.

Does that happen on any other threads?

I know for a fact that I haven't looked that thread since the first page, yet it took me to the 1100s too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Does that happen on any other threads?

I know for a fact that I haven't looked that thread since the first page, yet it took me to the 1100s too.

Happens all the time with long threads with lots of images/videos. This thread loads fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, d'ranger said:
18 hours ago, Brass said:

What's happened to the 'past screennames' in anarchists profiles?

read posts #205, 206 and 210. 

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Brass said:

What's happened to the Display as Posts (rather than Display as Topics) option in Search?

Bump

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2017 at 8:06 PM, B.J. Porter said:

Look in the upper right hand

too faint; look at the color for the active post, that's how they all should show, otherwise it's hard to use them to scan back.

Wizzy editors are OK, but being able to break up a quote means loss of function over source editing.

Background still too white.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I have noticed that if I type a response and decide not to submit it when I go back later  to type a response when I open it my old unposted response is still there.  I haven't noticed a cancel function. I write a lot of stuff that I never post, so anyone that thinks I am an asshole/jerk if you could see all the deleted stuff you would think, oh, well, it would take the guess work out.

 

It does seem odd that it requires manually deleting it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

So I have noticed that if I type a response and decide not to submit it when I go back later  to type a response when I open it my old unposted response is still there.  I haven't noticed a cancel function. I write a lot of stuff that I never post, so anyone that thinks I am an asshole/jerk if you could see all the deleted stuff you would think, oh, well, it would take the guess work out.

 

It does seem odd that it requires manually deleting it. 

on mobile version, there is a pop-up that says it has restored your earlier content and has an X to delete it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

good news: on a computer hitting tab goes to the submit reply box 

better news: CRTL+W opens some really cool views in the new software 

Bad news: mobile site still fucking blows chunks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mustang__1 said:

good news: on a computer hitting tab goes to the submit reply box 

better news: CRTL+W opens some really cool views in the new software 

Bad news: mobile site still fucking blows chunks

Tab just acts like Page Down for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mustang__1 said:

good news: on a computer hitting tab goes to the submit reply box 

better news: CRTL+W opens some really cool views in the new software 

Bad news: mobile site still fucking blows chunks

iPhone or Android?

I'm not having too many issues on the Android, but the menu takes a long time to load of I touch it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Suggestions 

-Don't provide notifications for nested posts (you quoted someone who quoted me, I was notified)

- Don't provide any notifications for Political Anarchy.

If you post in PA you will get notified like anywhere else. We can't really change that.

It also appears that "Quoted" applies anytime you are quoted, which makes sense since even if you are nested you are still being quoted. Again, we can't really change that, but you can turn your own notifications off.

Keep in mind that the forum software is NOT a custom developed home grown program, it's a package that someone else wrote. Our ability to tweak it is restricted to the limitations of the options provided in the software, and any extensions/add-ons we can install and configure.

So doing something like disabling a specific forum function like notifications for one specific forum is near impossible. And if we did make modifications like that, there's a good chance they'd get over written in the next batch of updates/service packs we installed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I do really like is the ignore feature - super simple to put someone on and while the posts are still there they are grayed out so you have to actually look to see them.  Huge upgrade and most appreciated since our spring crop of assholes has come in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Go to first unread post" still doesn't work very well.

Can't seem to attach links anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know how I can exclude PA from 'unread content'?  Far too much politics to get through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, B.J. Porter said:

If you post in PA you will get notified like anywhere else. We can't really change that.

It also appears that "Quoted" applies anytime you are quoted, which makes sense since even if you are nested you are still being quoted. Again, we can't really change that, but you can turn your own notifications off.

Keep in mind that the forum software is NOT a custom developed home grown program, it's a package that someone else wrote. Our ability to tweak it is restricted to the limitations of the options provided in the software, and any extensions/add-ons we can install and configure.

So doing something like disabling a specific forum function like notifications for one specific forum is near impossible. And if we did make modifications like that, there's a good chance they'd get over written in the next batch of updates/service packs we installed.

I don't know the limitations. was just suggesting things that would further the aim of a functioning site, fool that I am.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:
1 hour ago, B.J. Porter said:

If you post in PA you will get notified like anywhere else. We can't really change that.

It also appears that "Quoted" applies anytime you are quoted, which makes sense since even if you are nested you are still being quoted. Again, we can't really change that, but you can turn your own notifications off.

Keep in mind that the forum software is NOT a custom developed home grown program, it's a package that someone else wrote. Our ability to tweak it is restricted to the limitations of the options provided in the software, and any extensions/add-ons we can install and configure.

So doing something like disabling a specific forum function like notifications for one specific forum is near impossible. And if we did make modifications like that, there's a good chance they'd get over written in the next batch of updates/service packs we installed.

I don't know the limitations. was just suggesting things that would further the aim of a functioning site, fool that I am.

Not a problem, which is why I explained the limitations.

Feedback is good, but we can't do some things with such granularity. That's all I'm saying - it's not just for your benefit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, By the lee said:

Yeah I can't delete vid to replace with another. Very annoying.

A little more context - is this within a post you've already saved and are going back to edit?

I'll try on this video. Of course, SA may hork it up like a hairball without me.

---

OK, I made it go away...but NOT with any tools you guys have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, By the lee said:

Yeah I can't delete vid to replace with another. Very annoying.

That is annoying as hell. I don't know what the fix is, other than to turn auto-embedding off so you just get links. But the embed in place is a nice feature.

Another reason to see about getting a BBCode editor. I got rid of the video in post 259 by using my Admin's "Source" button that let me delete the HTML. You guys can't do that right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Anyone know how I can exclude PA from 'unread content'?  Far too much politics to get through.

Check the pinned post in FAQ Anarchy. In short, you can create a custom "Stream" of whatever new/unread stuff you want, and pin it in for your Default "View New Content" link.

Check out the Activity tag.

On an unrelated note, apparently you can mention people in posts @MR.CLEAN, just put in an AT sign followed by a name, like @Editor and you will be prompted to fill the username in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

That is annoying as hell. I don't know what the fix is, other than to turn auto-embedding off so you just get links. But the embed in place is a nice feature.

Another reason to see about getting a BBCode editor. I got rid of the video in post 259 by using my Admin's "Source" button that let me delete the HTML. You guys can't do that right now.

I made it work, but I don't know how. I made another link and that allowed me to delete the first one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ishmael said:

I made it work, but I don't know how. I made another link and that allowed me to delete the first one.

I found the MEANS to enable the HTML Editor for the masses. We are now discussing the wisdom and safety of doing so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Happie Jack said:
5 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

I found the MEANS to enable the HTML Editor for the masses. We are now discussing the wisdom and safety of doing so.

Considering the many issues with folks just posting werds from there pea brain heads... i vote NO!

Looking at how it is implemented, it is recommended as an Admin only function. Apparently it would be quite easy to inject some malevolent code into a post if it was enabled, at at that point it is not checked to see if it should be blocked or not.

I'm leaning towards not implementing it, and looking for a replacement BB Code plugin for the editor for those that feel the need for it.

99% of what I did with the BB Code Editor was un-fuck nested quotes anyway, and that seems to be sorted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you should release it to people who are prepared to swear on or at the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

That is annoying as hell. I don't know what the fix is, other than to turn auto-embedding off so you just get links. But the embed in place is a nice feature.

Another reason to see about getting a BBCode editor. I got rid of the video in post 259 by using my Admin's "Source" button that let me delete the HTML. You guys can't do that right now.

 

Well I guess I'll just have to count to ten before I hit post..........:mellow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Looking at how it is implemented, it is recommended as an Admin only function. Apparently it would be quite easy to inject some malevolent code into a post if it was enabled, at at that point it is not checked to see if it should be blocked or not.

I'm leaning towards not implementing it, and looking for a replacement BB Code plugin for the editor for those that feel the need for it.

99% of what I did with the BB Code Editor was un-fuck nested quotes anyway, and that seems to be sorted.

The WYSIWYG editor is handy when it's doing what you want. Sometimes it is wrong about what I want.

I'd like it if you let the masses use HTML because then at least I'd have something that doesn't have a mind of its own about my intentions, but it sounds like a terrible idea if there's no way to regulate what people are doing with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

The WYSIWYG editor is handy when it's doing what you want. Sometimes it is wrong about what I want.

I'd like it if you let the masses use HTML because then at least I'd have something that doesn't have a mind of its own about my intentions, but it sounds like a terrible idea if there's no way to regulate what people are doing with it.

 

There's the problem right there. There IS a "Code" button in the toolbar next to the Emoticons, but it is my understanding that that code is checked before posting for ill intent and dangerous content. The <Source> editor that I have is not.

Given what some of our loopy users have pretended to so, I shudder at the thought of opening up actual code hooks in posts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 pages to wade through here......has it been determined how to figure out who's in what page looking at what like it used to be at the bottom of the page on the old setup? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hobot said:

3 pages to wade through here......has it been determined how to figure out who's in what page looking at what like it used to be at the bottom of the page on the old setup? 

No-one has answered that yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Point Break said:
7 hours ago, hobot said:

3 pages to wade through here......has it been determined how to figure out who's in what page looking at what like it used to be at the bottom of the page on the old setup? 

No-one has answered that yet.

First time I've seen it asked, but yeah, the removal of that feature sucks.

Even more for me, because as an admin I could see all the hidden users too.

There may be a plugin...<sigh>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any one else notice that the banner ads are two pages wide on the mobile version? I'm using android with chrome. 

 

Means there is a lot of empty real estate on the right hand side so notifications aren't completely visible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

First time I've seen it asked, but yeah, the removal of that feature sucks.

Even more for me, because as an admin I could see all the hidden users too.

There may be a plugin...<sigh>

Get Scott to spend more money and get the XLT version, not just the XL version

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

First time I've seen it asked, but yeah, the removal of that feature sucks.

Even more for me, because as an admin I could see all the hidden users too.

There may be a plugin...<sigh>

I asked in one if the "new format" threads but it would be easy to miss with all you got going on. Bummer it's gone. Thanks for the answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ability to go to a page is gone

There were buttons for each post in the new content list that would take you to a page.  Very handy for when the post count >50, lots of videos or photos on the page which causes my piece of crap iPad to reload the page, over and over again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I may have changed this with the new format but I can't find where it is now....

In the list of unread, when I click on the circle/star to the left of the topic it would jump to the first unread post... Good

The speak icon at the right hand side, near the last post by, used to jump to the last post but I think I changed it to go to the last unread post

So I have two ways of achieving the same result.... Page that I can't see with lots of videos/photos reloading!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2017 at 7:36 PM, B.J. Porter said:

iPhone or Android?

I'm not having too many issues on the Android, but the menu takes a long time to load of I touch it.

Android Chrome browser. 

There is space to the right of the screen which makes scrolling annoying (sometimes you need to move back to the left... which sort of defeats the purpose of a mobile friendly site....). The navigation buttons at the top only go up one level, ie: Non-Sailing\GA,.... not route\nonsailing\GA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, mustang__1 said:

Android Chrome browser. 

There is space to the right of the screen which makes scrolling annoying (sometimes you need to move back to the left... which sort of defeats the purpose of a mobile friendly site....). The navigation buttons at the top only go up one level, ie: Non-Sailing\GA,.... not route\nonsailing\GA. 

The extra space is because of the banner ad at top or bottom of the page. A bit of a PIA for scrolling and activating notifications.  Also hides the menu when you activate it unless you  know to scroll right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, with u-tube vids if it playing when posted the posted vid starts where original left off, and currently if one makes this mistake there ain't no way to fix so that vid starts at the start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2017 at 5:17 PM, By the lee said:

So, with u-tube vids if it playing when posted the posted vid starts where original left off, and currently if one makes this mistake there ain't no way to fix so that vid starts at the start.

That sounds like an issue with picking the link - Youtube has a way to start a video at a certain point, and if you pick the link from there it will do just that.

But the second part, yeah, there seems to be some trouble editing videos once you embed them. Not sure what the fix is for that still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey BJ, 

 

any chance of looking at the width of the banner ads to remove the extra space on the right? .  It seems to only happen on some sub forums. 

 

Cheers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bowman81 said:

Hey BJ, 

 

any chance of looking at the width of the banner ads to remove the extra space on the right? .  It seems to only happen on some sub forums. 

 

Cheers 

I can poke around, but I think that's a canned feature. It may be an issue with the size of the ad images.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having trouble editing posts after I post them. I can open the editor and make my edits just fine but it's not obvious to me how to close the editing session. I did it once by accident. I'm not even 50 years old yet, can anyone help out a moron?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2017 at 8:15 PM, Dex Sawash said:

If you accept the notifications, all it seems to do is pop up a note saying something like "xxxx has posted in this thread, show? yes/no"

If you say yes, the new posts are at the end of the thread. Saves you from replying if someone has said what you want to say already or if you want to change what you would have said. 

My initial reaction was "hell no!" but glad I said yes now that I see it is rather  benign.

Is there a way to neuter then annoying behavior?  How many times do I have to tell it that Q: "No, I don't want notifications" A: every fucking time I load a page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

That sounds like an issue with picking the link - Youtube has a way to start a video at a certain point, and if you pick the link from there it will do just that.

Indicating these new forums are more sohphisticated than I'm used to!

Quote

But the second part, yeah, there seems to be some trouble editing videos once you embed them. Not sure what the fix is for that still.

Whatever. I can't even remember what the old forums looked like. lol....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FoolOnTheHill said:

Is there a way to neuter then annoying behavior?  How many times do I have to tell it that Q: "No, I don't want notifications" A: every fucking time I load a page.

Go up to your avatar (top right), click and select "Account Settings". There is a notifications section where you can turn everything off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What can be done here so I can snap a photo with my IPhone and upload it like most other forums. Kinda stinks having to crop everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Cape_taco12 said:

What can be done here so I can snap a photo with my IPhone and upload it like most other forums. Kinda stinks having to crop everything.

Shoot it small enough to get by the 1 Mb limit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Shoot it small enough to get by the 1 Mb limit.

Yea but it's 2017. I should be able to post tit pics full sized.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cape_taco12 said:

Yea but it's 2017. I should be able to post tit pics full sized.

You can't upload tits into GA anyway.

There may be an image handling extension for the boards, but we've not really looked into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

You can't upload tits into GA anyway.

There may be an image handling extension for the boards, but we've not really looked into it.

cda38225dfa3b087451c75ac1b561794.jpg

Wache me nowe.......

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

cda38225dfa3b087451c75ac1b561794.jpg

Wache me nowe.......

:)

I halve no exprinence withe suche thiges, I wase meareley testind the poesteillitey of the immages discusted.

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Snaggletooth said:

cda38225dfa3b087451c75ac1b561794.jpg

Wache me nowe.......

:)

That's a LINK, not an Upload.

We don't care about links, since they don't consume SA disk space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude, give a guy a warning! The lady sitting next to me in the dentist waiting room has a whole different impression of me now.............

 

:o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Point Break said:

Dude, give a guy a warning! The lady sitting next to me in the dentist waiting room has a whole different impression of me now.............

 

:o

Pervert.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites