• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
tiz

Interesting boat in Mystic CT

Found this in Mystic CT next to Red 36 Restaurant at Seaport Marine.   Wondering if anyone knows what it is or any history of it?  Has a distinctive transom and helm cockpit, otherwise looks like a wood maxi boat.  Not really an ior stern.   

--Kevin

IMG_0581.JPG

Nice girl, looks like an IOR class ... But very strange to have a boom and a mast in wood ? Looks like Garry Mull design too.

Yep. Van Ki Pass - a Vic Carpenter design with beautiful wood. I saw that boat in Bermuda on a delivery to Noank.

Thanks Spike.   Great info.  Interesting for sure.   It's starting to deteriorate and will need some topside repair to the finish.   Hope someone takes it on.

--Kevin

32 minutes ago, SpikeOwen said:

Specs say it has a 170 HP Volvo engine?  Isn't that a huge overkill for an auxialiary?  Or, is it a mistake in the listing?

3 hours ago, SpikeOwen said:

I love a happy ending to a story, dated 2012.  When she gets out in 2020 she'll be 75 yo.

Attorney General Peter Kilmartin announced that Elizabeth Baldwin (DOB: 11-6-45), with a last known address of 34 Miller Road, Middletown, pled nolo contendere to 92 counts of obtaining money under false pretenses, computer fraud, embezzlement, misappropriation of funds, and bad checks in a Ponzi scheme in which Baldwin stole $7.9 million from 49 victims.

In accordance to the plea agreement, Baldwin received a sentence of 30 years, with eight to serve and the remainder suspended with probation and has been ordered to pay $7.9 million in restitution to the victims. Baldwin was remanded to the ACI immediately upon entering her plea.

That boat is the best looking Carpenter design I've seen. Most of his boats are kind of odd or lumpy but beautifully built - like ugly musical instruments.

Stinger was another beautiful  All wood Carpenter 1 toner. It's a stored in a nice shed boat for over 30 yrs now. Vic put 1ton in wood inlay top to bottom side to side 4x6" squares on the transom. But he couldn't get her to the rating. The owner garaged the boat.  It's been described as Like a fine piano no body plays...

5 minutes ago, DRIFTW00D said:

S.........

Driftwood, please will you get rid of that 2-screnful sig?  It's massively intrusive

6 minutes ago, TwoLegged said:

Driftwood, please will you get rid of that 2-screnful sig?  It's massively intrusive

You dointe haffe to wache them evreytime!                             :)

27 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:
34 minutes ago, TwoLegged said:

You dointe haffe to wache them evreytime!                             :)

My objection is not to do with watching them.  It's about the two screenfuls they occupy

Soooo it's not my falt, just a bug I guess.

I've tried to fix it  just can't seem to find the way into the signature change page. Care to join the DRIFTWOOD Ranks put two videos in your sig line.  It's a latent residual fuck up from the forum change and I got my own forum ranking......B)

8 hours ago, DRIFTW00D said:

Soooo it's not my falt, just a bug I guess.

It's a matter of including Youtube links in the sig. The software expands them to a full video frame.

There my be some way around that, but the simple solution is to just remove the links

8 hours ago, DRIFTW00D said:

I've tried to fix it  just can't seem to find the way into the signature change page.

Here's how you get there.

1. Go to the dropdown menu beside your username on the top right of the screen.  Select "Account settings", like this:

591592517297d_SailingAnarchydropdownmenu.png.612651ca62dd3a961fff3fa120180499.png

2. That takes you to the settings menu, where you select the bottom item: "Signature"

591592504f091_SailingAnarchysigsettings.png.1f230ae578754dec7943bd4816cb91ec.png