ryley

B&G Zeus2 screen problem

I have a 9" Zeus2 that's only a few years old. I put it in the boat the other day and noticed that I can see what I think is the touchscreen sensors very clearly - so clearly that you can't read the screen in broad daylight. There is a section in the middle of the screen where the sensors aren't visible, and I can see that part of the chart no problem - just curious if anyone else has seen anything like this and if so how they got it cleared up. Thanks for any help or advice.

Here's a picture of what I'm talking about:

20170511_082809.jpg

The whole screen should be a touch screen.

(Not seeing any artifacts on my 12" Zeus 2.) 

send an email to bg.tech@navico.com 

Yeah, the whole screen still touches fine - I can zoom and scroll where you can't see anything in the middle there, I'm just surprised that I can see the man behind the curtain so clearly. I did write to navico as well, but... I haven't had great luck with them actually *supporting* their products, just selling them.

I see some on my displays. Maybe not as prominent as yours, and whole screen is uniform with that pattern.

Does the screen look "normal" when on and displaying something

Ask Navico. B&G EMEA support and my local reps are great. Not that I need them very often but when I do, the service is fast. Maybe not so good that side of the bond?

Just found a small bug few days ago, Navico confirmed that they can replicate on another unit and informed that it will be fixed in new update.

I'd contact about a warranty replacement. That's not at all what you should be seeing. 

Any news from Navico?  A friend just reported the same issue with his deck mounted Zeus2.  His below deck Zeus2 is fine.

Yeah,  I called them yesterday and they want me to send it in for repair/ replace. 2 week turnaround,  unfortunately. 

On 5/12/2017 at 5:38 PM, ryley said:

I have a 9" Zeus2 that's only a few years old. I put it in the boat the other day and noticed that I can see what I think is the touchscreen sensors very clearly - so clearly that you can't read the screen in broad daylight. There is a section in the middle of the screen where the sensors aren't visible, and I can see that part of the chart no problem - just curious if anyone else has seen anything like this and if so how they got it cleared up. Thanks for any help or advice.

Here's a picture of what I'm talking about:

20170511_082809.jpg

I have the same problem on my Zeus 2 9". Installed by Beneteau on an Oceanis 31 bought on may 2015. How Navicom manage this failure?  What is the cost of this kind of repair if it is not under garantee?

20180701_164429.jpg

ymld, it will be under warranty, almost guaranteed. Navico recognize that they had a batch of touch screens where the glue they used was not satisfactory. Call B&G support directly and have the serial number of the unit. They generally replace these with no cost and with no question.

Thanks for your prompt answer.

What is the email address for the support. I have an error when I use bg.tech@navico.com.

4 minutes ago, ymld said:

Thanks for your prompt answer.

What is the email address for the support. I have an error when I use bg.tech@navico.com.

that's the same email I used. I assume you're not in the US but I used the following number to give them the serial number and get an RMA number:  800 628 4487