If that's professionally stored, I'd hate to see how some nitwit might have done it :blink:.  

• Like 1

It's not in great condition but I have a soft spot for T26's

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/nvn/boa/d/thunderbird-26/6670924330.html

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/d/1969-jensen-cal-40-sailboat/6696949226.html

Asking 12, 500

Good deal for someone wanting a bit of a project possibly, motor looks a little suspect though, a paint job like that always makes me nervous.    If the owner is losing the slip in 15 days, the pricing might be good. 

Anybody know this boat?

• Like 1

Saw this today:  Cal 40 for $3k down in the florida keys.

https://keys.craigslist.org/boa/d/project-1967-calforty-396/6683315783.html

Looks like it had a mountain of work done getting the paint done, probably needs a rudder.  Irma evidently sunk her and has a new sunk yanmar pickled engine...  Wouldn't be a bad blank slate hot-rod as she needs a rig.

You're looking at multiple 10's of boat bucks just for a new rig & sails.

That guy that did the ultra rebuild of a 40 (Owner of Schaefer?) spent upwards of a 1/4 Mil - and he probably got everything wholesale.

7 hours ago, Zach said:

Saw this today:  Cal 40 for $3k down in the florida keys.

https://keys.craigslist.org/boa/d/project-1967-calforty-396/6683315783.html

Looks like it had a mountain of work done getting the paint done, probably needs a rudder.  Irma evidently sunk her and has a new sunk yanmar pickled engine...  Wouldn't be a bad blank slate hot-rod as she needs a rig.

If it was free with a decent trailer...  Look at that hull deck joint, rudder looks shot, engine iffy, no hardware visible or listed, what happened to the rig?  If it was simply sold off with plans of new that's one thing, but if it got damaged in an impact, there's more damage(and $$).  Hard to see much from the photos, but with the toe rail and bolts removed for paint(and unknown condition before) It sure looks like the deck and hull edges are not quite even, and probably not bonded down in any meaningful way.  Not a big deal for the week or so after you split it to deal with it at the time, but left long term you can get some real fun trying to get it back into shape especially sitting on blocking or a trailer.  Took me days of tweaking to get a 18' back into shape where the owner split the joint and glassed in the floor 6 years later without checking if it still fit(it was off by 2").    Interior aft bulkhead looks like it might have already had the ply peeled off among other places.   Now factor in the actual new goodies you want to put on(bet on at least 100k with careful shopping and a wholesale account somewhere).   Could be done for less buying used slowly and carefully, but not much less, most used stuff seems to be close to wholesale at best, and now you're looking at years. 

I'd love to find someone's nearly done project(even the Roberts 38 over in mocking ads would be better, despite the forklift holes), this on the other hand...  Better off with the 12.5k OBO one(one of the last ones built I think too?) that is at least still watertight ish though I think it has been raced possibly from a bit of googling?

This showed up on my Facebook feed, looks like a good deal to me. https://www.facebook.com/groups/341181792745950/

41913898_10156347836545861_8040679609953

1970 Bluejacket 23

National Yacht Club
$1,500

Have to give up one of my artifacts. Nipisquia ( Cree for Lady of the Lake ) is a 1970 Bluejacket 23 designed by C&C, built in Mahone Bay. Like Cobblers children never have shoes, it seems I don’t have time to care for her properly or get out sailing regular enough. She needs love. Currently drysailing out of National Yacht Club in Toronto. Comes with trailer. Rigging not original to boat. $1500 or best offer.

The Bluejacket is a looker...the T22, not so much :unsure:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crash said:

The Bluejacket is a looker...the T22, not so much :unsure:

fat bottom girls are an acquired taste ;)

Tanzers that were designed by Tanzer are all butt ugly but pretty good boats otherwise.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Tanzers that were designed by Tanzer are all butt ugly but pretty good boats otherwise.

The T22 is the only Tanzer I would look at. It's not as ugly as the others, but that's not saying much.

when I first started sailing on the lake, there were probably more T22's than any other design...there is one left.

Tanzer 22s were built pretty much bullet proof - Johann was fanatical about solid glass. If the sails are serviceable, a quick scrub and its probably a decent boat for little money. The little Bluejacket is prettier and would be nicer to sail.

Not a fan of T22.  {shrug}

Here's a winner for the right person. An old guy has had this Vertue under cover in a shelter in my local boatyard for years - a decade at least. It's bone dry and AFAIK it's sound and complete but as you can see - "some assembly required".

Best of all, look at the price - just continue paying for the storage - probably about $400/month.

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/nvn/boa/d/wooden-sailboat-project/6708976982.html

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Here's a winner for the right person. An old guy has had this Vertue under cover in a shelter in my local boatyard for years - a decade at least. It's bone dry and AFAIK it's sound and complete but as you can see - "some assembly required".

Best of all, look at the price - just continue paying for the storage - probably about $400/month.

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/nvn/boa/d/wooden-sailboat-project/6708976982.html

Vertue 15 was Marguerite of Poole.

http://www.vertueyachts.com/boats-14-110/

A 55 HP diesel?

Is that some sort of cheater ballast thing?

I hope she’s gone to someone with enough money to finish her - the vendor is shy about the problems beyond saying the interior needs redoing. 

She’s a poppet though. 

• Like 2

A 3 cylinder diesel on an 18' boat? What are they going to do, tow things with it or something?

4 minutes ago, jgbrown said:

Beat me to it. I hear it's a nice sail back to Britain, just sail south and turn left.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

Beat me to it. I hear it's a nice sail back to Britain, just sail south and turn left.

A downvote Lasal? Whatever did I do wrong?

17 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

A downvote Lasal? Whatever did I do wrong?

This is not mocking. You mocked, so pay up. George might have been mocking might not, so that's a like. He's a nice guy so he gets the benefit.

And like Sloop says that Fisher is a gift. And it's a good boat if fixed. So I posted it and you mocked me. That hurts Ish. :) :( don't worry, clean up your act and you'll get your social media rewards. 

• Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, lasal said:

This is not mocking. You mocked, so pay up. George might have been mocking might not, so that's a like. He's a nice guy so he gets the benefit.

And like Sloop says that Fisher is a gift. And it's a good boat if fixed. So I posted it and you mocked me. That hurts Ish. :) :( don't worry, clean up your act and you'll get your social media rewards. 

I agree, you're absolutely correct in all respects.

• Like 5
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

No rig or sails from what I can see, and that interior looks moldy, the fact that the rudder and driveshaft both needed repairs at once... If it was in Seattle I'd be all over it as a potential restoration, but still a butt load of work there, and then finding a rig, and I'd be banking on using it to burn up/get value from a lot of used and needing minor fixes/bought and non-returnable parts to be able to turn a profit.  I'd pencil in a refit on that at  50k$ with paying a bit of retail labour and buying parts to turn it into a sailboat like the ones listed on YW...  Strip and refinishing interior, replace all the sagging hull liner, new cushions, new rig(masts x 2 plus rigging) and sails, probably a few structural or semi structural rot repairs inside, and a new electrical system, new stove and propane system, bet the plumbing is rough too. 

@lasal

Some people are hoping Dylan will come over this way and continue his wonderful series here!   Pretty sure Ishmael was just carrying on with that.  Half joking but maybe if I got this to the yard here it will be enough additional temptation, lol.

• Like 1

That is a cable-knit wool sweater and pipe-smoking skipper with a shaggy sea hound kinda vessel, to be sure.

• Like 1

@SloopJonB noticed another lesson in Tim Lackeys site.  Spending 10+ years fixing up 2-1/2 boats and thousands of hours of labour to get tired of the whole activity sell it and go to land.   :lol:

6 hours ago, jgbrown said:

I want the small one.... it is easier on the hands for adjusting sails, it is cheaper to keep in a marina, it is less likely to sustain damage when I hit stuff   rocks, trees, pontoons, 

It also does not have the all essential place to put the 6hp long shaft for when I get a crab pot around the prop. I love a canoe stern but they are not outboard friendly.

and I really, really like sailing.

At 62 I have too few sailing summers left to squander one rolling around in the toxic gravel of a boatyard wearing a boiler suit and a face mask.

D

I am half way to the total I need for a reliable warm one for scotland - slow progress on that front

• Like 1

I think this is a really cool boat, Stonehorse 24? 25?

IDK what the popular opinion on it is, but the way it is setup seems like a fantastic cruising boat for one (0r two?)

https://bellingham.craigslist.org/boa/d/classic-cruising-sailboat/6717169005.html

00P0P_cRnto5dq2bQ_600x450.jpg

51 minutes ago, Vaeredil said:

IDK what the popular opinion on it is, but the way it is setup seems like a fantastic cruising boat for one (0r two?)

https://bellingham.craigslist.org/boa/d/classic-cruising-sailboat/6717169005.html

I think they are 23'. Slow and small, but very capable cruisers. Kind of the American Contessa 26. Few have drowned, but some have starved. Many came with a cute tiny tot stove. I believe the hull is cored with the usual caveats. 

• Like 1

I like the looks of the above boat. But what do I know? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vaeredil said:

Quite a moment on that Bruce... I'd say you could remove and stow it while underway but I'm not sure how.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lasal said:

Wow.   All Ish said was that Dylan should get the boat.

Where's the mocking?

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

17 hours ago, jgbrown said:

That looks suspiciously like the Fischer 30 I got to ride on from LA to Catalina decades ago.

As I recall, it rolled from rail to rail while motoring and a little less so at anchor. Not exactly

comfortable. Had much nicer rides back and forth to the island on my Cal 25... but no standing

headroom or hanging lockers for knit raw wool sweaters.

From SA where else:

Does anybody know anything about a Chicago guy in the wrecking business that bought Aquarius, an S&S 45 sister to Obsession in 1981 or thereabouts, and renamed the boat Wreckless and was supposed to be rejigging the boat to sail around the world ??? Be nice to know what happened to the boat. Anyone?

1 hour ago, Mr. Ed said:

From SA where else:

Does anybody know anything about a Chicago guy in the wrecking business that bought Aquarius, an S&S 45 sister to Obsession in 1981 or thereabouts, and renamed the boat Wreckless and was supposed to be rejigging the boat to sail around the world ??? Be nice to know what happened to the boat. Anyone?

SNAP!  This is indeed ex-Aquarius, Wiggers' first build and I believe a near sistership to Obsession.

Here's a period shot of Andy standing on the bow at Whitby Yacht Club:

andy-wiggers-and-aquarius-wiggers-stands

The unfortunate part of this story is it'll probably drag david probable's latest sock puppet out from under a rock to wax poetic and pompous about the good old days...

Cheers!

2 hours ago, EvaOdland said:

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/boa/d/1980-wiggers-custom-yacht/6723599481.html

A lost IOR boat...looking for a home...?

Is this a Doug Peterson design?  

00303_e1JFU64gU5c_1200x900.jpg

01010_km0YT1YNRVy_1200x900.jpg

00x0x_8DUlUvYV3OB_1200x900.jpg

Cool boat!  Would it be a hard boat to sail shorthanded?(1-2 people).

Though far away, it kind of looks like what I eventually want, something capable and safe in cold weather/around ice, preferably in metal, more modern but tough (seems like most of the boats that fit what I want in terms of layout and space are full keel with a barn door rudder).   Lots of space for tools and materials(would want to have everything on hand for fiberglass, paint, metal work, plumbing, electrical and basic engine work) and deck space for solar etc without hanging crap all over the rails.   I don't need a ton of living space, don't really like the idea of cruising areas packed with boats but do want to be able to keep working wherever I stop for a bit. 

And you’d have a boat with some history, which would give extra meaning to your heroic efforts. 

But it’s going to be pretty cave-like downstairs - no windows or lights. 

How austere are you? 

3 hours ago, oysterhead said:

That looks suspiciously like the Fischer 30 I got to ride on from LA to Catalina decades ago.

As I recall, it rolled from rail to rail while motoring and a little less so at anchor. Not exactly

comfortable. Had much nicer rides back and forth to the island on my Cal 25... but no standing

headroom or hanging lockers for knit raw wool sweaters.

I assume the 25 will roll like a bastard downwind

D

Put the main up to steady it.

5 hours ago, Elegua said:

I think they are 23'. Slow and small, but very capable cruisers. Kind of the American Contessa 26. Few have drowned, but some have starved. Many came with a cute tiny tot stove. I believe the hull is cored with the usual caveats. 

Peter Duff of the builders Edy & Duff said there were more hours of woodwork than hours of fiberglass work in the Stonehorse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Ed said:

And you’d have a boat with some history, which would give extra meaning to your heroic efforts. 

But it’s going to be pretty cave-like downstairs - no windows or lights. 

How austere are you? 

I'm fairly austere, and comfortable with it. More room in there than I live in now.

With something like that, I'd be gutting the inside and refitting anyways, so less stuff to remove isn't a bad thing.  Easier to my mind to fit out an interior than to retrofit things like waterproof bulkheads. 

It's a fair bit bigger than I want, which means a significant amount of extra size everywhere(and a lot of extra time to finish it, plus a lot of extra material costs) but there just don't seem to be boats with a similar concept in the 36-39' range, what I really want is a metal hulled S&S 34 made  20% bigger...

9 hours ago, Vaeredil said:

That double roller thingy would look great on a boat about twice that size.

I liked the chain tiller tamer. Kinda tough on varnish though I'd think..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SemiSalt said:

Peter Duff of the builders Edy & Duff said there were more hours of woodwork than hours of fiberglass work in the Stonehorse.

I'd believe that. A person I used to sail with waaay back, Emily Forbes, used to single hand one.

Worst cook I ever sailed with.  Ever. You remember things like that. Could ruin fresh Newfoundland cod. Best meal was, "garbagio soup". Yesterday's left overs put into todays soup for an ever evolving meal. With her husband, together they drank the better part of several cases - not bottles, no a couple of - of screetch - over a several week cruise. 

Very good sailors of the very olde skoole. As a fragile gen X, it was hard to adjust. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Elegua said:

Very good sailors of the very olde skoole. As a fragile gen X, it was hard to adjust. 

My mental image of you was a long way from snowflake.  I will have to readjust

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SemiSalt said:

I would have thought that would be the case for most GRP boats with most stick-built wood interiors.  It's why the contemporary mass market builders use interior mouldings so much and CNC-cut wood for the rest — to avoid the huge amount of labour involved in handbuilding an interior in wood 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TwoLegged said:

Where's the mocking?

Ask a question, get a downvote.

V odd

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, dogballs Tom said:
20 hours ago, Vaeredil said:

That double roller thingy would look great on a boat about twice that size.

I liked the chain tiller tamer. Kinda tough on varnish though I'd think..

The Stone Horse is one of the few boats I know that approach perfection. This one looks like it has not been appreciated. That anchor way out on the bowsprit is just stupid.

On a coast with big hills and thermals, the two jibs on rollers make sense. The inner self tacking jib is for short-tacking between rocks or among lobster pots. The staysail is for longer legs off-wind in lighter air, but in gusty conditions you can get rid of it almost instantly. The mainsail is big and also shoves the boat right along..... they'd benefit from updated reefing gear although I have not seen one like this. Stone Horse owners tend to be tradionalists.

Decades ago I shocked the hell out of a couple of J24s with a Stone Horse, swapping tacks with them thru a channel and mooring field. I was a lot more comfortable than them, too. It's a good-sailing boat. Cabin is on the dinky side though (still better than a J-24s).

-DSK

• Like 3

23 hours ago, TwoLegged said:

Where's the mocking?

I thought it quite clever to incorporate the "turning left". Some folks just need to feel insulted, I guess.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

36 minutes ago, Ishmael said:
23 hours ago, TwoLegged said:

Where's the mocking?

I thought it quite clever to incorporate the "turning left". Some folks just need to feel insulted, I guess.

I see now that you were just in a rush to throw out a stray comment that was unrelated to the Fisher itself, or the fact that I bothered to mention it. Thanks for the polite clarity.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lasal said:

I see now that you were just in a rush to throw out a stray comment that was unrelated to the Fisher itself, or the fact that I bothered to mention it. Thanks for the polite clarity.

WTF? I took up on that boat because I knew Dylan was interested in a Fisher pilothouse. Thanks for posting the boat.

Edited by Ishmael
Removed disparaging remark. This is CA, after all.
  • Downvote 1

On 10/19/2018 at 10:55 AM, Vaeredil said:

This boat was for sale in Seattle on Popyachts.com for $18,999 a while ago. The listing is still up. Some things like solar

panels have changed in the new versus old pictures and the boat has moved from the ship canal to Point Roberts.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

WTF? I took up on that boat because I knew Dylan was interested in a Fisher pilothouse. Thanks for posting the boat.

I simply posted an interesting listing, I wasn't aware of Dylan's interests or (what George was nice enough to explain) that you guys have been encouraging Dylan to sail the PNW. Looked like a "oh yea, sail 'er 'round the horn" comment without that context.

You might watch Portland listings, Dylan, if you're actively looking for a boat for the PNW. I'm there on work occasionally and one of my kids goes to school there. Some interesting boats end up moored in the area and can be a bit less expensive because there aren't as many buyers as in Seattle or Vancouver. Plus, if you found something, you get to sail the graveyard of the Pacific. That would make a good video.

Rich history in those parts. I was just in Astoria a few weeks ago and had two days to check it out. You would love it, if you haven't already been. Don't miss the maritime museum or the smaller museum out on the Pier 39 Fisherman Suites/ Rogue Brewery. It's a great free museum about the fishing industry with a couple of old bow pickers and a bunch of canning machinery in a creaky old building on pilings above the water.

And, "Astoria" by Peter Stark is a good read on the colonization of the area. Good luck, I hope you make it over.

@dylan winter

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, oysterhead said:

This boat was for sale in Seattle on Popyachts.com for $18,999 a while ago. The listing is still up. Some things like solar

panels have changed in the new versus old pictures and the boat has moved from the ship canal to Point Roberts.

I've heard they fetch around that on the east coast, where they're more popular/common? 

I honestly just love the look of that boat. Really Really wish I was about $10,000 richer right now.

I ran across one in the islands a few years ago - very likely that one as they are uncommon here on the left coast.

It was gorgeous - a real little ship. PHRF is 246 which is pretty respectable for that type of boat. About the same as a fin keel 26' Haida for example.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

I ran across one in the islands a few years ago - very likely that one as they are uncommon here on the left coast.

It was gorgeous - a real little ship. PHRF is 246 which is pretty respectable for that type of boat. About the same as a fin keel 26' Haida for example.

I think I saw one listed by S.A.L.T.S. locally a year or two ago. They have had some interesting boats donated over the years. https://www.salts.ca/site/buy-a-boat.html

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lasal said:
4 hours ago, Ishmael said:
On 10/19/2018 at 7:00 PM, TwoLegged said:

Where's the mocking?

Thread drift is one of Cruising Anarchy tradition's, dating back at least to the year 537 AD when a discussion about St Brenan's planned trip to America meandered through a heated debate about the fishing techniques he might use to keep fed, into a whimsical set of fantasies about whether Norsemen would ever make open sea crossings, before morphing via various byways into a theological debate about whether a good stash of onboard whiskey mitigated or exacerbated any sinfulness in Brendan's habit of playing trash country music loudly through his iPhone's bluetooth speakers while on night watch.  The six pages of banter about the suitability of "They Ain't Makin' Jews Like Jesus Anymore" as a shanty whilst rowing through the tiderace in the Blasket Sound is believed to be one of the motivating factors in propelling Irish scholars to establish the university at Glendalough.

If you have an aversion to thread drift, there are many places on the interwebs which ruthlessly suppress it.  But CA's place in history is as one big drift-zone.

And in my view, "this boat might suit X" barely even qualifies as thread drift.  Especially with the witty use of "turning left".

• Like 7
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Vaeredil said:

I've heard they fetch around that on the east coast, where they're more popular/common? 

I honestly just love the look of that boat. Really Really wish I was about $10,000 richer right now.

It's gone from ~$19k to $4,500 in the months it has been sitting around. Doesn't look like you need $10k

to get it before it gets donated somewhere. Moving it east may cost more than you'd end up paying for it.

• Like 1

One of these might make a good double handed entry to R2AK. This one is priced well, but it looks like it's in the current ballpark price wise. Hard to believe the U20 is about to turn 25!

https://westslope.craigslist.org/boa/d/u20-sailboat-20/6726104707.html

image.png.ed5af2f267d67b185a6326fa10db9a22.png

• Downvote 1

@lasal, I have just had another wee flurry of downvotes from you.

I don't know what this is all about, because I haven't attacked you or mocked you or insulted you, and as far as I can recall I haven't downvoted anything of yours.

You also seem to have been busy downvoting others.

Please could you take a moment to explain what I have done to offend you?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, TwoLegged said:

@lasal, I have just had another wee flurry of downvotes from you.

I don't know what this is all about, because I haven't attacked you or mocked you or insulted you, and as far as I can recall I haven't downvoted anything of yours.

You also seem to have been busy downvoting others.

Please could you take a moment to explain what I have done to offend you?

I've noticed the same thing so a lot of the time, when I see his downvote, I upvote to cancel it out.

From what he said he's trying to 'improve' the place. Good luck with that.

FKT

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

I've noticed the same thing so a lot of the time, when I see his downvote, I upvote to cancel it out.

From what he said he's trying to 'improve' the place. Good luck with that.

Cancelling out the downvotes is a good idea. I'll do the same, and if a few of us take the same approach Lasal will find that their actions have the reverse effect of what was intended.

But I do hope that Lasal takes a minute or so to explain their approach.  So far, it comes across as grumpy-hostile and makes Lasal a candidate for the ignore button, but I hope that I have misunderstood them.  I don't like using the ignore button.

• Like 1

Not my boat, don't know anything about it.  Has not been through a hurricane a new engine, yes wet hull a bit tender, interesting.

30ft Pearson flyer - $1 (Annapolis)

01111_alaiJIrnL9_600x450.jpg

30ft Pearson flyer sailboat, new Yanmar 2 GM 
Boat is in Chesapeake Beach
As is 
Free Free Free 
Must move soon or I am cutting it up 

https://annapolis.craigslist.org/boa/d/30ft-pearson-flyer/6735370810.html

2 hours ago, dew said:

Not my boat, don't know anything about it.  Has not been through a hurricane a new engine, yes wet hull a bit tender, interesting.

30ft Pearson flyer - $1 (Annapolis)

01111_alaiJIrnL9_600x450.jpg

30ft Pearson flyer sailboat, new Yanmar 2 GM 
Boat is in Chesapeake Beach
As is 
Free Free Free 
Must move soon or I am cutting it up 

https://annapolis.craigslist.org/boa/d/30ft-pearson-flyer/6735370810.html

Maybe they pissed off the land dwellers nearby and this is one of them? Lol. 

2 hours ago, AnotherSailor said:

Here is another beautiful wood boat, not to drool over, but to actually finish:

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/boa/d/classic-wooden-atkins/6733647903.html

image.png.563ff791859b93511e5c6d80ede27dd8.png

wtf is that doing in SF craigslist.  Been for sale for ages with the price going up and down around here, was down to 7500 can for a bit, now 14k?  A friend looked at it, it's cute but very small inside(26-28 LOD IIRC)

EDIT: Wonder how the engine picked up 145 hours?  One listing had it at 10. 

Also 4'8" standing headroom might have something to do with it...

There was a nice glass over ply one with amazing detail work for sale last year, asking 7500$, 1800 hours and 20k invested.  A pity, but not much demand for a non-standing headroom pocket cruiser here.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/boa/d/1974-westsail-32/6722134396.html

Could be a good deal for someone...

Fresh paint, new Beta 35 repower with 30 hours. This boat was loaded for world cruising when I bought it with dual roller furling, new sails, Maxprop, full canvas, Aries windvane, watermaker, stainless steel bowsprit, etc. My plan was to refit it so I tore it apart and repainted it but lost interest. I want to sell for cheap so I can move on. It is sitting in a warehouse and arrangements can me made to keep it there for a nominal monthly fee while you finish it out. I can also arrange to have it transported within the Bay Area for a reasonable price. This is a project boat that just needs to be put back together. This is a great project for someone willing to put in the sweat equity and could be finished out indoors at your leisure. Boat is Coast Gaurd Documented and located in Castroville. Call me for more details. $20K OBO