• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

15 hours ago, Alinghi4ever said:

Haven't you seen the AC Qualifiers Day 1 Thread?

From November of 2016?  Hey whatever works man, as long as we can follow the racing on one thread. 

But I dont know that we need a thread for day 1, day 2 , etc as I see posted. Gonna get redundant after a while. Day 8 thread? Day 9? How many days are we going to have to sift through? How about "here's all the shit about the races" in one place. Sign me up.

9 hours ago, Happie Jack said:

so at dawn tomorow ( Saturday) will i be seeing the day 1 racing on day 2 or is that the missing day one and i have to wait till Sunday dawn?

Sailing now starts at 2pm Saturday, Bermuda time. Convert that to whatever your local timezone is and that's when you should get up. If you're in NZ, it's Sunday morning.

Wow, Oracle's speed advantage on that first reach was more than I was expecting. On the downwind, too - they're clearly faster!

On 5/26/2017 at 2:41 AM, Alinghi4ever said:

Haven't you seen the AC Qualifiers Day 1 Thread?

Don't be so precious about a thread you've started....there can be a live thread as well champ!!

3 minutes ago, ezyb said:

Ha, Slingsby's training wheel bike is for real!

Looks pretty fucked!! They've buttoned off though!! 

Feel sorry for the FRench....4 races in two days....campaign all but fucked after two days!!

Just now, MalahideGreener said:

Anyone get that chat on Oracle around that last mark. Talked about an "eagle"?

Birdie is when you win with a leg to spare (i.e. the other team aren't on the final reach yet).

Eagle is when you win with two legs to spare (i.e. the other team are still headed upwind).

(I'm making this up - Ken was probably closer to the truth - but it would be funny if that's what he meant).

Just now, ezyb said:

Ok, I'll be the first to say it: these races are too long, this is fucking boring :D

Fucking boring lol

1 minute ago, **ONTOIT** said:

Feel sorry for the FRench....4 races in two days....campaign all but fucked after two days!!

Possibly a shame for both BAR and GTF that they don't face each other until Monday. Those two races could be like their quarterfinals!

Well done OR, winning a race in the challengers series...fucking joke....I really hope ETNZ fuck them over!!

17 minutes ago, jawjaw said:

Wow, Oracle's speed advantage on that first reach was more than I was expecting. On the downwind, too - they're clearly faster!

Reports of orifices demise have been wildly exaggerated. 

Japan to breat Artemis is my pick for the next race.

3 minutes ago, **ONTOIT** said:

Well done OR, winning a race in the challengers series...fucking joke....I really hope ETNZ fuck them over!!

total ingrates oracle racing in the challenger series-it is something trump would do,

2 minutes ago, **ONTOIT** said:

Me too  but unsurprisingly they look ominous. I know we always expected them to thump France but 2 fucking minutes over a 3 minute race?

1 minute ago, jaysper said:

Me too  but unsurprisingly they look ominous. I know we always expected them to thump France but 2 fucking minutes over a 3 minute race?

there will be bigger margins of victory---today

Fucking love the whistle coming off the boats.

Oh wait. I don't have sky so can't watch it.

#RipOffSkyCanFuckOff

2 minutes ago, jaysper said:

How????

just look back to the ac 45 races, you get behind and the lead grows and grows by minutes.  The french did not do too bad.  can not wait to the french race bar-what a battle royal.

Just now, jaysper said:

Fucking love the whistle coming off the boats.

Oh wait. I don't have sky so can't watch it.

#RipOffSkyCanFuckOff

I'm out at a bar watching today's racing, but PM me if you want me to set you up on my Slingbox account. The coverage in the U.S. is pretty good. 

Ha ha Doug Lord....wonder if he's switched off after the bit of commentary??!!

1 minute ago, Monkey said:

I'm out at a bar watching today's racing, but PM me if you want me to set you up on my Slingbox account. The coverage in the U.S. is pretty good. 

Nah was teasing. I'm watching a Web stream and having a kick at sky douches. Thanks for the kind offer though. 

3 minutes ago, Monkey said:

Try this link or this

So Doug, there you have it - JOEY FUCKING NEWTON just confirmed that all of the teams will have two sets of foils optimized for different conditions

Just now, ezyb said:

So Doug, there you have it - JOEY FUCKING NEWTON just confirmed that all of the teams will have two sets of foils optimized for different conditions

What the fuck would Joey know? Or maybe he's sandbagging?  :))

It's only the second race and we're seeing the best LV race in a decade! Says more about the past decade than this race, but still.

1 minute ago, jaysper said:

So difference between Artemis and Japan seems to be purely skills right now. 

And foil choice, by the sound of things.

1 minute ago, ezyb said:

WTF NBC?! Ads during the racing!  Thank god for the BT Sport feed

Seriously. Think NBC just moved from my primary to my backup.

Sweden did a number on OR-Xerox...... 2 small errors on the JPN boat & they got gapped

6 minutes ago, jawjaw said:

It's only the second race and we're seeing the best LV race in a decade! Says more about the past decade than this race, but still.

Sadly you are right about best race in a decade.

Calm it a wind shift, call it AR better sailing...to me Barker just doesn't have the balls in the big moments!!

Morning all.

Good race. Thought Jap had the speed but the race changed ona  couple of errors. One being DB not covering the split tack of art

16 sec at the reach for home mark - then the feed cut..... AR were bloody impressive - awesome race

11 minutes ago, jawjaw said:

Still too short though, imagine 40 minutes of that.

4 minutes ago, ezyb said:

I was just about to comment how Artemis looked weak in the lighter stuff .... and then :ph34r:

The commentators had just finished talking about how the foil choices were making all the difference when Artemis overtook JPN

Once again Japan lose a light air race on their light air foils against a team using their AP(all-purpose) foils! Just move evidence of the dominance of UptiP foils in all weather!...

Doesn't mean anything if the wind has changed, but NZ hitting the same 40kt+ speeds over that first reach as OR.

1 minute ago, ezyb said:

I agree with Ken, the aero on the Kiwis looks slick

ken read is doing a great job talking---