• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
zillafreak

Live Racing Thread

Just now, ~HHN92~ said:

4 days of starting practice for PB.

He nailed it today 

Should not have had that last race today in those fluky conditions, Not the fairest racetrack. It is what is but would have been better for the RC to have a better race track for race #7 considering the stakes.

Just now, WetHog said:

Better team won.

Even Ian Percy will agree with that.  :lol:

WetHog :ph34r:

Agreed but I guess we'll be seeing Bermuda as a host in the next AC in the coming years.

Just now, DevsNzL said:

Had KR all day here 

He's on the global feed.  Here in America we have the B team so have to look for a back-up broadcast

Well done, get in there TNZ.

Respect to AR. The only team to come close to us, and to not spout Larryvision all the time.

TNZ are in the AC match again. Only missed 1 match in 22 years and that we we're not allowed in then. 

Race director Ian Murray said after losing in 1987, what goes up, must come down. TNZ may be about to prove it.

What if ETNZ-AUS wins AC35 and KR gets a true American Challenger together from Newport?  An effort to bring the AC back to its rightful home.

Nice dream but it would never happen.

WetHog  :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, spectator said:

Agreed but I guess we'll be seeing Bermuda as a host in the next AC in the coming years.

Keep guessing...

1 minute ago, onedesignracing said:

Andrew Campbell so more informed and interesting!

But the play by play guy is a "stick and ball" cock.

2 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

Twice.

no difference from yesterday, except faster boat on reach

Just now, WetHog said:

But the play by play guy is a "stick and ball" cock.

Yeah it pretty painful and very dull for the most part.   Kenny may not get everything right, but at least he has some personality and seems to work well with the rugby guy

At least AR didn't lose it in nine races-- that'd leave NO and AR wondering what might have been if he hadn't fallen off the boat.

1 minute ago, Foyle said:

no difference from yesterday, except faster boat on reach

Exactly, PB actually won the last 4 starts, he just didn't have the setup to hold on to it yesterday. Maybe he's gonna get into it just in time:D.

13 minutes ago, Rennmaus said:

So sorry for NO and the Artemis guys, loveable team. But all in all they made too many mistakes.
Now ETNZ, go and kick Oracle's ass!

Well said. 

2 minutes ago, 167149 said:

know it's not relevant, but what was the finish delta ?

56 seconds, I think.

3 minutes ago, 167149 said:

know it's not relevant, but what was the finish delta ?

53 secs I think.

Just now, DevsNzL said:

But guys and gals, enjoy your sleep in, 

Sleep in?  Thats right its whatever tomorrow morning where you are.  Where I am just about to get off work, yesterday.  :lol:

LEG SWE NZL
1 62 secs 55.7 secs
2 140.9 secs 127.7 secs
3 257 secs 241.3 secs
4 149.9 secs 182.1 secs
5 277.1 secs 222.3 secs
6 169.4 secs 171 secs
7 36.2 secs 36 secs

2 minutes ago, maxmini said:

Well done NZ ! 

Welcome to the Big League :) 

Ha, ha. We're coming for you, Max. 

1 minute ago, Barnyb said:

19030715_10154499998771218_5936314805873345056_n.jpg

They couldn't have chosen a different picture?  One showing ETNZ-AUS out in front and ART just coming over the horizon?  :lol:

4 minutes ago, Indio said:

Keep guessing...

I think NZL should be the ones to keep guessing about their future. Granted NZL won this round but how well? They barely won there races and most were won because there competitor (ART) kept breaking down and had unforced errors. There was more than a good chance ART would have won if they didn't have so many break downs and losing a man. They killed ART in the last race but the race course was heavily skewed and ART lost.

ORCL already has one extra point because they already beaten everyone including NZL and I seriously doubt ORCL will have the same mechanical issues so yeah its a very solid chance you will be watching the next AC in the same time TV schedule.

Burling has no baggage with Jimmy Spithill, there will be no hangover from 2013, so it's game on with two races on Sunday morning. And you can watch it free-to-air with Prime announcing just moments ago that they'll show coverage from 6.30am each race day.

1 minute ago, Sailbydate said:

Ha, ha. We're coming for you, Max. 

errr that's a 3rd appearance for OTUSA ....... ETNZ has been there since 95 bud (ok minus the dog race)

Just now, WetHog said:

They couldn't have chosen a different picture?  One showing ETNZ-AUS out in front and ART just coming over the horizon?  :lol:

No. That's ART still going downhill while we're on the next beat. ;)

Well played Artemis. A very likeable team (minus Percy trashing us as junior sailors). Outteridge and Burling are the current and future stars of the cup.

Congratulations boys! Well done and well deserved! If we get the right conditions, we'll ream Oracle.

Ominously, Burling has started showing some swagger in the pre-starts and around the course. He's come out of his shell.

i'm feeling good at this very moment!

3 minutes ago, spectator said:

I think NZL should be the ones to keep guessing about their future. Granted NZL won this round but how well? They barely won there races and most were won because there competitor (ART) kept breaking down and had unforced errors. There was more than a good chance ART would have won if they didn't have so many break downs and losing a man. They killed ART in the last race but the race course was heavily skewed and ART lost.

ORCL already has one extra point because they already beaten everyone including NZL and I seriously doubt ORCL will have the same mechanical issues so yeah its a very solid chance you will be watching the next AC in the same time TV schedule.

Oh just fuckoff. You actually don't know shit.

6 minutes ago, HP2 said:

Quickly get this over with so I can congratulate TNZ. So happy for them!

sail.anarchy.jpg

Kleinfelters?

3 minutes ago, spectator said:

5-2 is the only score that counts. Today's race was a statement of intent - I'm picking ETNZ to be 1-up after Day-1 of the Match.

5 minutes ago, weta27 said:

Fucking power cut, unbelievable, grind, mumble, #@!%#!!, eff'ing mumble ...

You're Kidding? I'd be demanding my last 10 years power bills refunded for shit like that.

1 minute ago, jaysper said:

You're Kidding? I'd be demanding my last 10 years power bills refunded for shit like that.

Jaysper, a chance for vengeance. I remember both of us losing our shit last time round as things went sour.

I wonder if ETNZ 'dialled it up to 7/10' again between races :D

Several days to bump max setting to 11 ;)

Just now, NZL5 said:

Jaysper, a chance for vengeance. I remember both of us losing our shit last time round as things went sour.

I hope we do this.

I blame Spithill myself ...

2 minutes ago, jaysper said:

What kind of changes can teams reasonably make to foils or wing setup in between races that they cannot make with their onboard controls? I assume a lot of the messing around with ETNZ's wing was about configuring it better for the conditions.

13 minutes ago, HP2 said:

Quickly get this over with so I can congratulate TNZ. So happy for them!

sail.anarchy.jpg

This looks like my ex wife 

24 minutes ago, NZL5 said:

Kleinfelters?

No, just a super athletic girl. Tends to shrink them a bit. Her butt is truly amazing. 

Anyway, congratulations ETNZ!  Just a fantastic performance. I beg you to thrash OR.

33 minutes ago, NZL5 said:

29 minutes ago, NZL5 said:

Me too!

42 minutes ago, spectator said:

39 minutes ago, NZL5 said:

Ok, If I don't know shit then tell me how many starts & 1st mark roundings did NZL win against ART in this round? How many breakdowns and unforced errors did ART have in this round?

You better hope ORCL has the same speed as Soft Bank.

Yes NZL won 5-2 and now in the AC but that does not show how close it really was when ART was actually competitive without failures and unforced errors. Cant realistically think a series against ORCL will give NZL the same chances of winning, no way. Then add ORCL's extra win point in the next round gives heavy odds that kiwi's will be watching the next cup in the same red eye tv time schedules. Sorry you muppets, but no sleep for you.

one clueless cigar munching oicke.............is that it ?????............ where are all the haters/ trolls we're so used to ???