zillafreak

Live Racing Thread

2 hours ago, jaysper said:

I hope all the rest of the races are just like that. ETNZ out in front and Orifice safely tucked in second. Fuckers! 

might be like the last one, TNZ quickest out of the box then USA slowly overtakes, just depends on home many days that takes?

13 hours ago, TurboDiesel said:

"Flying Kiwis"? The kiwis got exctinct just because they didn't fly. Good intelligent work there... 

The big hairy Moa became extinct as were eaten all up; a bit like Oracle will be next week...

5 minutes ago, Sailabout said:

Love to see a piccy of a flying moa

this close enough

22 hours ago, kenergy said:

I had to leave for work this morning just when they announced 10 mins to start. First time I missed a tv race but I thought it would be ok to listen on the old wireless, after all pJ montcommertary was on so it would be good.

Fuck me, never again, pj has lost the fucking plot,  he spent a whole leg bleating on about the kiwi history in the cup.

For ourselves I was yelling at my radio in the car "what the fuck is going on with the race you stupid old cunt?"

Arrr.

I'm going to watch it now and calm down with a beer.

Great result though! 

LOL .....

I had to catch a plane. Left it beyond last minute. Wind died, race abandoned. Fuck ....had to run. No way of finding out what was going on. Frustrated beyond belief. Last clown to board the plane, door shut, couldn't find out anything. Then the driver announces we're stuck for an hour because some fucking idiot rammed a cargo container into the plane the wrong way round and they couldn't shut the door. Fit to kill ...... but thrilled beyond words that ETNZ romped home. I'd do it again and more if it could deliver the same result next weekend. 

26 minutes ago, sparkiwi said:

Heartbreaking stories in London fire

Haven't read about it. Has the religion of piece claimed responsibility? (You know: piece of you here, piece of you there)

Just now, jaysper said:

Haven't read about it. Has the religion of piece claimed responsibility? (You know: piece of you here, piece of you there)

dunno looks a bit sus - terrible tho people left for hours to die

hey guys and gals been told the the maritime museum in Auckland will be screening the races live. limit 300 peeps first come best dressed

Has anyone noticed how much room they leave at the top mark(s)?  For all this talk of winning starts etc. they seem to be happy to waste 2-3 boat lengths getting close to the mark?

Its not a joke but nor is the wests refusal to accept that Islam is as much a problem now as Christianity was in the crusades.

This really shouldn't be in AC anarchy.

But the problem is not 'Islam', the problem is Wahabi/Salafism.

The vast majority of Muslims see them as laughable as Westboro Baptist church nutters.

But it has been intentionally spread from Saudi with the aid & abettance of Western Govts/spy agencies for use in illegal political revolutionary wars.

1 hour ago, mezaire said:

Has anyone noticed how much room they leave at the top mark(s)?  For all this talk of winning starts etc. they seem to be happy to waste 2-3 boat lengths getting close to the mark?

Am I correct in assuming those marks are not tethered to anything but rather are just autonomous powered vehicles? 

If so, probably don't want to risk hitting it if it drifts. Not just due to penalty but also boat damage that could end the campaign or at least put you off off the water for 2 precious races.

7 hours ago, hoom said:

This really shouldn't be in AC anarchy.

But the problem is not 'Islam', the problem is Wahabi/Salafism.

The vast majority of Muslims see them as laughable as Westboro Baptist church nutters.

But it has been intentionally spread from Saudi with the aid & abettance of Western Govts/spy agencies for use in illegal political revolutionary wars.

with all the oil money

6 hours ago, jaysper said:

Am I correct in assuming those marks are not tethered to anything but rather are just autonomous powered vehicles? 

If so, probably don't want to risk hitting it if it drifts. Not just due to penalty but also boat damage that could end the campaign or at least put you off off the water for 2 precious races.

They're not powered - there are mark setting boats. I'm also pretty sure I saw language about anchoring lines somewhere. I looked it up maybe a month ago when a team caught one. I think it was said that BAR caught the line at the same time they hit ETNZ in that practice race. I think (although it's hard to really tell) that's also what ETNZ caught in New York:

20 hours ago, Earl Boebert said:

Wrong Koch. Bill is reportedly estranged from Charles and David.

Cheers,

Earl

Reportedly?  Bill has been estranged from Charles since Bill was born.  I just got finished reading the below linked article because I was curious about the Koch brothers relationship myself.  Holy crap, Bill is a nut.  Not sure Charles and David are any better, but it would be a cold day in hell before Charles and Bill agreed on anything.  Also, the article briefly touches on the lengths Bill took to win in '92:

Spy games became a way of life for Bill, and he used them prodigiously during his 1992 bid for the America’s Cup. Though the race has long had a reputation for a certain amount of espionage, Bill took things to another level. “This is more than the gentlemanly sport it used to be,” he said at the time. “This is war.” He sent a 30-foot Bayliner speedboat with blackout curtains and a full complement of electronics gear out to cruise the waters around San Diego, shadowing rival boats as crew members of his racing syndicate, America3, pointed handheld lasers at their quarry to record speed and telemetry data. A deckhand, in a cheeky display of America3‘s surveillance powers, once trained his long-range binoculars on a group of rival sailors playing poker and radioed over to advise: “Keep the king. Discard the jack.”

Bill’s team was ultimately said to have spent more than $2 million on intelligence activities. He dispatched helicopters to track competitors and deployed divers (using rebreathers so the telltale bubbles wouldn’t arouse suspicion) to study the keels of rival yachts.

“That’s been his whole life—private investigators with his brothers and trying to get an edge in all kinds of nefarious ways,” said Gary Jobson, a member of the America3crew who ended up having his own brush with Bill’s surveillance campaign. A decorated sailor who had won the America’s Cup aboard Ted Turner’s Courageous in 1977, Jobson had once been close with Bill, even convincing him to make a bid for the Cup. But when he quit the team in 1991, to join ESPN, Bill was incensed. “People don’t leave Bill Koch,” Jobson told me.

Bill, Jobson says, became convinced that he was leaking technical secrets to his opponents. “I had a bad vibe,” Jobson remembered. “I’d put the garbage out, and the garbage can would be on the other side of the driveway the next morning. And you would hear funny clicking noises when I talked on the phone.” Then Jobson arrived home one day to find a thick envelope on his doorstep. It contained a 150-page surveillance report from the detective agency Bill had hired to track him—leaked, he surmised, by a member of the America3 organization who had taken pity on him. “Holy Christ,” Jobson thought as he paged through the report, “these guys have been following me around for months.”

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/05/koch-brothers-family-history-sons-of-wichita/

WetHog  :ph34r:

I seem to recall someone posting around here about being the driver of the above mentioned blacked out Bayliner, saying they had all sorts of bits of black painted junk stuck on it but nothing more than a pair of binocs for actual spying.

On 13/06/2017 at 9:56 AM, Paddywackery said:

A class act. 

Yeah a decent show in the press conf and his comments about the future of the Cup were thoughtful and respectful of ETNZ. However he does get some demerits

- think he should have had some more visible scolding re his ump abuse. It's a sorry precedent

- couldn't bring himself to say anything nice about Burling & Tuke, singled out Ashby

- going on about how NO dominated the starts. Which races was he watching exactly?

1 hour ago, eurochild said:

Yeah a decent show in the press conf and his comments about the future of the Cup were thoughtful and respectful of ETNZ. However he does get some demerits

- think he should have had some more visible scolding re his ump abuse. It's a sorry precedent

- couldn't bring himself to say anything nice about Burling & Tuke, singled out Ashby

- going on about how NO dominated the starts. Which races was he watching exactly?

I agree completely. A touch of graciousness would not have gone amiss.  

9 hours ago, jawjaw said:

They're not powered - there are mark setting boats. I'm also pretty sure I saw language about anchoring lines somewhere. I looked it up maybe a month ago when a team caught one. I think it was said that BAR caught the line at the same time they hit ETNZ in that practice race. I think (although it's hard to really tell) that's also what ETNZ caught in New York:

Jesus! So with only 3 minutes per leg, how does the race committee manage to move these marks so quickly?

4 hours ago, jaysper said:

Jesus! So with only 3 minutes per leg, how does the race committee manage to move these marks so quickly?

They have a small fleet (3 or 4?) boats pretty much just for the purpose. Probably a fun gig, I reckon.

Still no Race 7 on Virtualeye.

Top notch fucking Event Management Russ :wub:

On 28/05/2017 at 2:07 PM, Sailbydate said:

Thanks Nic.

Welcome :)

23 hours ago, generative.design said:

Nice to know..

God I love these guys, first to foil in SF, David vs Goliath... so want them to take it away!  Pleeez God let the Kiwis win!

On 2017-06-14 at 0:33 AM, raging rash said:

fuck even I know that the Kiwi isn't extinct, who's the intelligent one then blown Turbo?

Ha, ha.. not me perhaps. Guess I'll have to get my NZ birds cleared out then, but I'm pretty sure they all will stay on the ground after this AC anyhow.

Will there be streaming links to follow today races ?

The coverage of this race is such a mess, not even a way to pay a streaming fee for the event, i for sure don't want to subscribe to canal plus for a year, and i'm not even sure the races will be live on it looking at their scdule in fact think they will not.

Are there alreay some links facebook pages or whatever ?

8-12 which means the light air boards, which is a bit of a benefit to etnz, assuming that otusa haven't got a complete copy of their boards done by now.  Will be interesting to see how the boats are moded.

i think staying on the foils in the start box will be a key, so interested if Pete can runaway and hide enough to get a clean shot at the first mark.

been waiting a long time for this!

5 hours ago, TurboDiesel said:

Ha, ha.. not me perhaps. Guess I'll have to get my NZ birds cleared out then, but I'm pretty sure they all will stay on the ground after this AC anyhow.

(Has to get the traditional SA greeting for that.)

Fuck off Newbie and show us your tits.

16 minutes ago, yl75 said:

The coverage of this race is such a mess, not even a way to pay a streaming fee for the event, i for sure don't want to subscribe to canal plus for a year, and i'm not even sure the races will be live on it looking at their scdule in fact think they will not.

Slightly wrong thread, but WTF.

(BTW, my virus scan didn't show any anomalies, but you use the pirate stream services at your own peril!)

For ourselves, here some hopefully useful links:

First of all: Make sure your antivir is up to date, and you have an adblocker running!
You won't need to register or open an account! If you are asked to do so, select another stream/link.

Choose one of the streams here: http://live.robinwidget.org/
A selection:
   http://live.robinwidget.org/static/freeplayer/47507908913020.html
   http://live.robinwidget.org/static/freeplayer/47507908913010.html
   http://live.robinwidget.org/static/freeplayer/47507908913210.html
   http://live.robinwidget.org/streamvideo8/sailing-vs-35th-americas-cup-2017-live-stream-1845137.html
   http://live.robinwidget.org/streamvideo8/sailing-vs-35th-americas-cup-2017-live-stream-2477928.html

If this doesn't work, you can try here:
   https://www.vipbox.nu/sports/water-sports.html
here
   http://www.stream2watch.cc/live-television/united-kingdom/bt-1-live-stream-2017
here
   https://www.batmanstream.com/other-live-streaming-video-8.html
or here 
    Look for BT1/scroll down: http://cricfree.sc/bt-sport-1-live-stream-1

Play-by-play blog: http://www.yachtsandyachting.co.uk/americas-cup/live-americas-cup-blog/

The press conferences are streamed here: https://www.youtube.com/user/AmericasCup/videos

Replays of both round robins, although with German/Austrian common-tree (you may need to get a German IP address): http://www.servustv.com/de/Videos/America-s-Cup
Here the replays of the more recent races: http://www.servustv.com/de/Sendungen/America-s-Cup-2017

19 minutes ago, yl75 said:

works here.  http://cricfree.sc/bt-sport-1-live-stream-ing

don't click on the wrong links

Just now, Rasputin22 said:

And which ones are the wrong ones?

Use an adblocker, and if you see little "x"s, hit them directly. Target shooting.
Or try these, if they are live, they usually have no ads or x if you have an adblocker:

http://live.robinwidget.org/streamvideo8/sailing-vs-35th-americas-cup-2017-live-stream-1845137.html
http://live.robinwidget.org/streamvideo8/sailing-vs-35th-americas-cup-2017-live-stream-2477928.html

Thanks Ren,

I've had no issues with those robin sites you post but the cricket ones are like tip toeing through a mine field, and I have an ad-blocker.

13 minutes ago, Rasputin22 said:

And which ones are the wrong ones?

All the little ads in the screen. Just expand to full screen to skip the ads

So I'm up watching NZ vs Russia Soccer & decided to see if Virtualeye was up & it let me in.

Was interesting as they left base, ETNZ lined up behind OR going upwind at 25kt, ETNZ 22ish.

So much so not great.

Until OR bore off toward the bottom gate...  ETNZ popped up to 25kt at a slightly higher angle :)

Since everything's just about to finally kick off...  Best of luck to you Kiwis. Let's hope for some great, clean racing. May the best team win. 

Sincerely, an Oracle fan. 

6 minutes ago, zillafreak said:

NZL just hit 34 knots on virtual eye

On a beam reach though.

Haven't seen OR run a reach.

2-0 to Russia.

OR pulled 31 top on test reach but quite a bit of it below 30, ETNZ did one just after, sat at 30 most of it.

Oh well here we go, it's butt fucking time.

Just need to find out now who is the fucker and who is the fuckee. 

14 minutes ago, Monkey said:

Since everything's just about to finally kick off...  Best of luck to you Kiwis. Let's hope for some great, clean racing. May the best team win. 

Sincerely, an Oracle fan. 

And best of luck to your team as well.

Good morning, day, afternoon everyone. May the best team win, and we have a good time. For ourselves!

Go Oracle Team USA!!!

So we have to

listen to Joey Newton crap on...he should be partial I'm sure!!

Commentary is painful, again. 15 mins of not telling you anything leading up to the start. What foils? Nope. Nothing... bastards!

Just now, minimumfuss said:

fucking owned

More like piss weak attempt. Seems entirely unforced.

Just now, us7070 said:

pretty sure i could have started the boat better than that...

and, they look slow too!

Too early to tell.

Just now, Alpinefolk said:

Jimmy dominating the start.

Lol.  Love it.  That will be the message he want to send 

Just now, webdeveloper said:

Why? Why did they let that happen?

What, the start? JS misjudged time/distance

2 knots faster for the kiwis