Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zillafreak

Live Racing Thread

13 minutes ago, TN_Kiwi said:

I let it slide - she's just an entertainer - not an actual (objective) journalist. 

Wrong. Dead wrong.

1 minute ago, Lartitude36S said:

She's not there for her sailing nouse that's for sure.....

then what?

3 minutes ago, Lartitude36S said:

I don't know what nouse means, but you should check out her sailing credentials on her web page. It's impressive. She probably forgotten more about racing than I will ever know.

But that was a shitty bit of video journalism.

16 minutes ago, rustylaru said:

I don't know what nouse means, but you should check out her sailing credentials on her web page. It's impressive. She probably forgotten more about racing than I will ever know.

But that was a shitty bit of video journalism.

I don't doubt her sailing cred for a minute - just her journalism. She's asked pretty softball questions in interviewing PB and JS, and, despite all her sailing experience, her pieces don't seem to offer much in-depth analysis. But, she's far from the worst - Kenny Reed is meant to be a subject matter expert - you wouldn't know it hearing his live action dribble commentaries.

15 minutes ago, Onehanger said:

She's got the same 'American' accent as team USA so give the girl a break.

ha - good ear  ;-)

For goodness sake she is trying to appeal to the wider non sailing audience as well as the fanatics and has just a few minutes to fill.

And if you think for a second that Pete or Jimmy would answer in any detail then you need to get out more.

It wasn't a remotely one sided piece unless you are really insecure in your insecurities - and the veiled jibes re her as a female are pathetic. Most of us have a sister, wife, daughter, niece hell even a mother. Man up.

If for no other reason consider this - if it wasn't for her we wouldn't have seen Pete photo-bombing Jimmy :)

Hurry up Saturday, this place falls apart with no sailing.

8 minutes ago, PJB said:

For goodness sake she is trying to appeal to the wider non sailing audience as well as the fanatics and has just a few minutes to fill.

And if you think for a second that Pete or Jimmy would answer in any detail then you need to get out more.

It wasn't a remotely one sided piece unless you are really insecure in your insecurities - and the veiled jibes re her as a female are pathetic. Most of us have a sister, wife, daughter, niece hell even a mother. Man up.

If for no other reason consider this - if it wasn't for her we wouldn't have seen Pete photo-bombing Jimmy :)

Hurry up Saturday, this place falls apart with no sailing.

I don't think anyone's even slightly hinted at her gender having anything at all to do with anything - it totally doesn't.  I understand that she's trying to cater to a fairly wide audience - at least those who are interested in sailing - but that shouldn't stop her asking hard questions, even if she knows she's not going to get a response (good political journo's do it all the time - the non-response body language can be revealing): for example - as a knowledgable sailor, she should have asked JS why he let ETNZ completely off the hook (pun not intended) in that pre-start, and she should ask PB what ETNZ are doing to mitigate the risk of a major collision with Oracle, given that Oracle have a spare boat and they don't.

The lull in the action has caused the idiots to come out of the woodwork... more stupid, redundant new threads poping up every day!  Saturday can't come fast enough.

It's been great sailing weather here, as usual. But mix in some brutal winds, current, and boat breaking chop - as well. 

It's very impressive how the AC50's go on lake Bermuda. Very pretty flying.

16 hours ago, Lartitude36S said:

Nic is a world champion, and having done dozens of hours of commentary with her, she's a great analyst too.  I think her interviews are typically one of her weaker points, because she really wants to be liked by everyone and that makes a poor interview sometimes.  

Nautical channel is mostly jet skiing and stuff, so she's talking to a lot of nonsailors.

15 hours ago, TN_Kiwi said:

I don't doubt her sailing cred for a minute - just her journalism. She's asked pretty softball questions in interviewing PB and JS, and, despite all her sailing experience, her pieces don't seem to offer much in-depth analysis. But, she's far from the worst - Kenny Reed is meant to be a subject matter expert - you wouldn't know it hearing his live action dribble commentaries.

BTW a couple weeks ago I got my first denial of a press credential  since 2010 when Alinghi did the same thing.  I didn't ask ACEA for media room, press boat, or anything except to be at the press conferences, and it got kicked up to the top and denied.  I sent over our analytics showing 1.4M users in the USA alone last year, and their only answer was 'you can watch from the public viewing areas".

I hadn't even decided then whether to go or not when I asked (weeks ago), but when the denial came through I bought my ticket.  And then after this weekend I realized I might actually be allowed in the victory party!  Unfortunately I am not allowed to make the dismal press conferences any more lively.

5 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

BTW a couple weeks ago I got my first denial of a press credential  since 2010 when Alinghi did the same thing.  I didn't ask ACEA for media room, press boat, or anything except to be at the press conferences, and it got kicked up to the top and denied.  I sent over our analytics showing 1.4M users in the USA alone last year, and their only answer was 'you can watch from the public viewing areas".

I hadn't even decided then whether to go or not when I asked (weeks ago), but when the denial came through I bought my ticket.  And then after this weekend I realized I might actually be allowed in the victory party!  Unfortunately I am not allowed to make the dismal press conferences any more lively.

Haha, too funny. Even Alinghi (ACM) gave me the accreditation in 2010, while in 2017 ACEA refused to give press credentials to another contributor to SailingAnarchy.de. In my eyes ACEA is worse than ACM

16 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

If all goes well Clean, there'll be more than a couple of cold Steinies ready for you....

3 hours ago, Mariner said:

The lull in the action has caused the idiots to come out of the woodwork... more stupid, redundant new threads poping up every day!  Saturday can't come fast enough.

Ha ha lol

13 minutes ago, AKL wino said:

If all goes well Clean, there'll be more than a couple of cold Steinies ready for you....

Hear hear!

On 6/20/2017 at 2:34 PM, TN_Kiwi said:

I don't think anyone's even slightly hinted at her gender having anything at all to do with anything - it totally doesn't.  I understand that she's trying to cater to a fairly wide audience - at least those who are interested in sailing - but that shouldn't stop her asking hard questions, even if she knows she's not going to get a response (good political journo's do it all the time - the non-response body language can be revealing): for example - as a knowledgable sailor, she should have asked JS why he let ETNZ completely off the hook (pun not intended) in that pre-start, and she should ask PB what ETNZ are doing to mitigate the risk of a major collision with Oracle, given that Oracle have a spare boat and they don't.

TH_Kiwi - You'd make a great MSM journalist yourself, mate. Both your "hard questions" are based on fake news. You'd do well.

19 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Maybe wanting to attend Pressers nude got them worried???

4 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Maybe wanting to attend Pressers nude got them worried???

That's funny., but it is quite true that I always make press conferences interesting, which is why the sponsor and business-oriented PR people invite me to every press conference at every event I've ever been to.  Hell sometimes they send me a ticket solely so I go to the press conferences.! Any Comms Director whose job it is to make sure the fans and the media are fired up would of course be desperate to improve the piece of shit PCs they are running.  Anyone concerned about fan base and sustainability would probably do the same.

Have these guys never watched an NFL post-game press conference or UFC or boxing PC?  I've seen better run PCs at golf events and even fucking equestrian events!

11 hours ago, Sailbydate said:

TH_Kiwi - You'd make a great MSM journalist yourself, mate. Both your "hard questions" are based on fake news. You'd do well.

Dunno what you're taking about SBD, I gave a couple examples of the type of provocative edgy question I'd expect a journalist to ask the designated team reps.

It's not 'fake news' to suggest that Jimmy let ETNZ wallow defenseless in the water too long before thinking about going over to have a poke at them, and my suggestion for PP is not based on any 'news' (fake or otherwise) - just a probe to see if ETNZ is thinking about collision avoidance as a strategy. Whether or not Oracle have a ready-to-go new second boat, or could re-skin SBTJ (it already has been measured in many configurations) to get back on the water is conjecture, but not beyond the realm of 'possible', and perhaps even heading toward 'likely', given the resources that campaign has.

39 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

That's funny., but it is quite true that I always make press conferences interesting, which is why the sponsor and business-oriented PR people invite me to every press conference at every event I've ever been to.  Hell sometimes they send me a ticket solely so I go to the press conferences.! Any Comms Director whose job it is to make sure the fans and the media are fired up would of course be desperate to improve the piece of shit PCs they are running.  Anyone concerned about fan base and sustainability would probably do the same.

Have these guys never watched an NFL post-game press conference or UFC or boxing PC?  I've seen better run PCs at golf events and even fucking equestrian events!

Has the whiff of arrogance and ignorance combined. Hard the shake the shackles of 'the boys club' sigh. 

Absolutely insane finish to the RBYAC.  Sweden foul Germany at the final mark who then hit the mark and park it allowing BAR to come from nowhere and claim the title.  

On 21/06/2017 at 5:11 AM, MR.CLEAN said:

I think her interviews are typically one of her weaker points, because she really wants to be liked by everyone and that makes a poor interview sometimes.  

The funny thing is her technique gets very interesting/useful information from her guests in her daily reviews from what I've seen. I imagine that might not qualify as good press.

1 hour ago, ezyb said:

Absolutely insane finish to the RBYAC.  Sweden foul Germany at the final mark who then hit the mark and park it allowing BAR to come from nowhere and claim the title.  

Wow that was a shocker!  Thanks for the tip.

2 hours ago, generative.design said:

Three days out, the forecast is converging around a very similar picture, 9-11kt, this time from the S or SW. Far from ideal for OR, great news for ETNZ..

https://www.windguru.cz/664542

Hopefully Whomper Stomper time! :D

Wouldn't it be wonderful if ETNZ could bail Orifice out of their own regatta 8-zip?

20 minutes ago, jaysper said:

Wouldn't it be wonderful if ETNZ could bail Orifice out of their own regatta 8-zip?

Not unusually for AC cup matches to be so one-sided. 

All to do with boatspeed. 

37 minutes ago, jaysper said:

Epic.

1 hour ago, DayTripper said:

The funny thing is her technique gets very interesting/useful information from her guests in her daily reviews from what I've seen. I imagine that might not qualify as good press.

I'm not saying nic is a bad interviewer at all.  I'm just saying she really lights up when she starts talking boatspeed and tactics.

42 minutes ago, jaysper said:

Would be unbelievable!

9 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

I'm not saying nic is a bad interviewer at all.  I'm just saying she really lights up when she starts talking boatspeed and tactics.

Genny and Nic are pretty damn good at getting the interesting people (the folks being interviewed) talking well. And they don't try make it about themselves, which is also admirable.

After incessantly disrespecting and insulting everything AC for so many years, why on earth are you even going? Just to try add more shit? Seriously: Who needs or wants your input? Nobody that I can think of, especially in you new-favorite forum to post in. 

You should stick to where you might add some kind of value, Charleston or whatever.

14 minutes ago, ~Stingray~ said:

After incessantly disrespecting and insulting everything AC for so many years, why on earth are you even going? Just to try add more shit? Seriously: Who needs or wants your input? Nobody that I can think of, especially in you new-favorite forum to post in.

This.

3 hours ago, ~Stingray~ said:

why on earth are you even going?

Duh. For the victory party, of course. And to dig up the stuff that no one else bothers to.  And because I was invited by a team...

14 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Duh. For the victory party, of course. And to dig up the stuff that no one else bothers to.  And because I was invited by a team...

After years of trashing anything and everything AC, why care about any of that? Parties, teams, digging, anything?

It simply looks two-faced, for suddenly self-serving reasons that are highly unlikely to pay any dividends to you - let alone to us hardy SAAC followers.

Stick to your 'ideals' and show you've had any 'moral standing.' Continue to mock it by flinging feces from outside the fence you built.

3 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

I enjoy watching Nic and IM, I have not figured-out if he is just tolerating her, messing with her, or just looks funny having to give his report every morning.

13 minutes ago, ~Stingray~ said:

After years of trashing anything and everything AC, why care about any of that? Parties, teams, digging, anything?

It simply looks two-faced, for suddenly self-serving reasons that are highly unlikely to pay any dividends to you - let alone to us hardy SAAC followers.

Stick to your 'ideals' and show you've had any 'moral standing.' Continue to mock it by flinging feces from outside the fence you built.

#fakenews stingray

Here's the reality:

I have been 'trashing' the AC since about 2010 when I learned what just how petty and vindictive the guy running the show is.  Before that I was Oracle's biggest supporter and one of the loudest voices to maintain a multihull AC.  I have also been a staunch NZ supporter since 2011 and speak regularly to members of the team.  I am also close friends with the media people, design people, and several sailors on most of the teams.  Many of them are regular sources of information, too.

And as much as I have trashed the management decisions and vision of the current AC holder regarding the Bermuda choise, lack of nationality, and an exclusionary attitude that permeates this AC,  I have consistently praised them when they do things well, as rare as that is.  

I wrote here long before you turned into a forum junkie that if Larry screwed it up, we'd be just as hard on his as we were on Ernesto, and unlike pretty much everyone else in the media, we have lived up to that commitment.   And wonder of wonders, my criticism has once again been borne out.

You, on the other hand, have no problem spewing the exact same lines that Alinghi fans spun right here in 2008 to defend their own billionaire hero, and you don't even see it.

8 minutes ago, ~HHN92~ said:

I enjoy watching Nic and IM, I have not figured-out if he is just tolerating her, messing with her, or just looks funny having to give his report every morning.

Nic and the Big Fella go way back.  Their dads even further.

34 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Well have a good trip, a good time, and pass my regards on to GD, and tell him he and his team have to attend the SA celebratory beers here in the RNZYS!

For ourselves 8-1 has a certain ring to it :)

You, on the other hand, have no problem spewing the exact same lines that Alinghi fans spun right here in 2008 to defend their own billionaire hero, and you don't even see it.

That.

6 hours ago, Barnyb said:

Well have a good trip, a good time, and pass my regards on to GD, and tell him he and his team have to attend the SA celebratory beers here in the RNZYS!

thanks barny!

12 hours ago, ezyb said:

A shocker. But the ETNZ boys did very well. Pete may have some home-grown competition in the not-too-distant future. Hopefully we can keep a bit of this up and coming talent in NZL

6 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

#fakenews stingray

Here's the reality:

I have been 'trashing' the AC since about 2010 when I learned what just how petty and vindictive the guy running the show is.  Before that I was Oracle's biggest supporter and one of the loudest voices to maintain a multihull AC.  I have also been a staunch NZ supporter since 2011 and speak regularly to members of the team.  I am also close friends with the media people, design people, and several sailors on most of the teams.  Many of them are regular sources of information, too.

And as much as I have trashed the management decisions and vision of the current AC holder regarding the Bermuda choise, lack of nationality, and an exclusionary attitude that permeates this AC,  I have consistently praised them when they do things well, as rare as that is.  

I wrote here long before you turned into a forum junkie that if Larry screwed it up, we'd be just as hard on his as we were on Ernesto, and unlike pretty much everyone else in the media, we have lived up to that commitment.   And wonder of wonders, my criticism has once again been borne out.

Mate, don't let spinbot bother you...he's just a little depressed at the moment. Enjoy the trip - and the drinking !! B)

13 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

#fakenews stingray

Here's the reality:

As much as Mr Clean's AC bashing pisses me off, because I know he really actually thinks its cool and knows its still the pinnacle of his websites focus, he HAS to be there and I want him there because I want the SA side of things to read here. (Why this kept him from SF in 2013 I'll never know... stupid dick move IMHO)

I think Clean is a "sailing curmudgeon" loving the sport and hating the billionaire aspects of the sports pinnacle event, and it makes him do what he does and us loyal SA readers just have to put up with him.

Party on Clean. We love GD and go TNZ... bring it "home"  

7 hours ago, Mariner said:

As much as Mr Clean's AC bashing pisses me off, because I know he really actually thinks its cool and knows its still the pinnacle of his websites focus, he HAS to be there and I want him there because I want the SA side of things to read here. (Why this kept him from SF in 2013 I'll never know... stupid dick move IMHO)

I think Clean is a "sailing curmudgeon" loving the sport and hating the billionaire aspects of the sports pinnacle event, and it makes him do what he does and us loyal SA readers just have to put up with him.

Party on Clean. We love GD and go TNZ... bring it "home"  

2013 I was producing all the media for the Little AC and running a crew of 7. Live video, highlights, commentary, press releases, photo.   All the C-Class skippers watched into the wee hours on a pull down screen in the Restronguet Sailing Club in Falmouth.

Got some good intel already, amazing how much you can get just hanging about. Got offered a job from an ACEA rep doing commentary for a VIP spectator boat.  The irony!  

I have mostly confirmed that Alinghi will be signed and sealed as long as its in foiling cats.  Others are saying that big monohulls are still a possibility, but I just don't see it happening.

Took the scooter up to the dockyard, all shut down but I did do a scooter-tour on video.  It's loading on SA Facebook now, I'll be doing a pile of interviews tomorrow as well as a live show on Saturday morning from the ETNZ base.  Make sure you follow either me or SA on Facebook to get notified when I go live.  

^ Lol Clean, you two-faced little self-serving bitch.

You've spent the last 7 years trashing anything and everything AC but you're suddenly trying to capitalize on it despite all that? Why? Some big ego trip?

I won't be watching any of it, there are plenty of decent people with good interview subjects already reporting out of there.

14 minutes ago, Sailabout said:

you guys meeting up whilst you are on the same island?

I think that would be some pretty rough sex! :P

On 6/20/2017 at 11:31 AM, TN_Kiwi said:

Nic the Sailor Girl (seriously?) has some serious sailing cred, no doubt about that, but as a 'would-be' sailing journalist her biggest problem is that she desperately wants to be a part of the story she is reporting. Its a common situation in many sports when participants try to become reporters/journalists that they try to give validity to what they do by over-emphasising who they know or where they stand in the game and the resulting reports / interviews come across as trivial puff-pieces. She needs to separate herself from the story, stop making it about her and just report it or ask solid interview questions utilising the real sailing knowledge she has. Far too much ego thinly disguised as a bubbly personality for my liking.

8 minutes ago, Flatbag said:

Nic the sailor girl has some serious sailing cred, no doubt about that, but as a sailing journalist her biggest problem is that she desperately wants to be part of the story she is reporting. Its a common situation in many sports when participants try to become reporters/journalists is that they try to give validity to what they do by over-emphasising who they know or where they stand in the game. She needs to separate herself from the story, stop making it about her and just report it. Way too much ego thinly disguised as a bubbly personality for my liking.

I disagree with that interpretation. I don't see why Nic has to a typical journalist? She is being accepted because of her personality and her sailing credentials. She is a bubbly personality and that's why she works well as a sailing journo imo. 

8 minutes ago, terrafirma said:

I disagree with that interpretation. I don't see why Nic has to a typical journalist? She is being accepted because of her personality and her sailing credentials. She is a bubbly personality and that's why she works well as a sailing journo imo. 

I respect your right to disagree however the proof is in her output, trivial puff pieces and shallow questions when her sailing knowledge could provide so much more. Journalism is a profession that takes years to refine and demands a long hard route to achieve good standards. She has taken but a few steps on that journey and it shows.

3 hours ago, ~Stingray~ said:

You've spent the last 7 years trashing anything and everything AC but you're suddenly trying to capitalize on it despite all that? Why? Some big ego trip?

I won't be watching any of it, there are plenty of decent people with good interview subjects already reporting out of there.

God Stingray lighten the hell up. Anyone whos been here knows Cleans issues on this subject and between us we give him a ration of shit about it and I don't care for the talking out of both sides either, but whoa man, take it easy. Its just the Americas Cup.

2 hours ago, Flatbag said:

I respect your right to disagree however the proof is in her output, trivial puff pieces and shallow questions when her sailing knowledge could provide so much more. Journalism is a profession that takes years to refine and demands a long hard route to achieve good standards. She has taken but a few steps on that journey and it shows.

Flat she is openly not trying to be another journalist in what already is a crowded and talented market for freelancers and talking heads...as her tag line says she is simply providing people with the means to imagine they are there having fun like her.  Maybe she might go mega serious down the track..who knows?

5 hours ago, terrafirma said:

+1 Nic is good at her craft.

So 30 odd hours out pleased to have made it through the week. Good to go now,tomorrow flat out with kids sports, then off to Eden park to watch the footy and before I know it, Sunday will be here. 

Yeehaa!!

9 hours ago, Flatbag said:

Nic the Sailor Girl (seriously?) has some serious sailing cred, no doubt about that, but as a 'would-be' sailing journalist her biggest problem is that she desperately wants to be a part of the story she is reporting. Its a common situation in many sports when participants try to become reporters/journalists that they try to give validity to what they do by over-emphasising who they know or where they stand in the game and the resulting reports / interviews come across as trivial puff-pieces. She needs to separate herself from the story, stop making it about her and just report it or ask solid interview questions utilising the real sailing knowledge she has. Far too much ego thinly disguised as a bubbly personality for my liking.

There is no such thing is journalism. 

Especially these days where social media and live 'real' video are what makes things work, and where providing entertainment is a prerequisite to covering sports that struggle for an audience.

Nic's reports do well, the Nauti Channel is growing, and I'm quite proud of her.  Please feel free to point out the 'real journalism' in sailing that Nic should aspire to, or anyone under 40 that gives a flying fuck what a journalist is or does.

9 hours ago, Flatbag said:

i quite like her, personably, knows the sailors and knows what she is talking about.    

beats the rubbish that NZ herald and others are producing in video interviews. 

17 minutes ago, Qman said:

i quite like her, personably, knows the sailors and knows what she is talking about.    

beats the rubbish that NZ herald and others are producing in video interviews. 

+1000

13 hours ago, ~Stingray~ said:

Why are you so angry?

Oh, nevermind now I remember.  You have a crush on a bunch of egomaniacal cheaters, who are hated even by the hometown fans, and are perhaps losing their grip on the only thing dear to them other than their paycheck.

Who will you spin for if you cheaters actually do lose the cup?

On 6/21/2017 at 11:29 PM, hoom said:

For ourselves 8-1 has a certain ring to it :)

That.

That, and that more.

15 hours ago, Flatbag said:

However I have to disagree with you. Journalism is the art of talking nonsense about something you know nothing about, but at the same time making sure that the viewers must listen to your deranged opinion. As personified by the BT sport presenters.

Sailor girl may of taken a few steps in, lets hope she takes no more and asks the questions you would naturally ask if you ran in to these sailors on a Sunday morning before the 1st race.

Hopefully the days of self serving Journalism are on the wane as are the corrupt media companies that employ the scum.

10 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

anyone under 40 that gives a flying fuck

Could have just said this...:ph34r:

1 hour ago, zillafreak said:

Yes very interesting. Core composites on the chopping block with a NZ win.

That's not what he said. They were created solely to build bits for Oracle. If ETNZ win, and if they require boats to be built in country of challenger, Core will just move to the US - big deal - companies relocate all the time. 

Sufficient Wine Intake - Check

Spare Bed Made up - Check

Alarm Set - Check

Red Socks Washed - Check

Bermuda Weather - Checked

Bring it ON

Fire alarm just triggered in the hotel where ETNZ and OTUSA crews and staff are staying.  Nobody has left the breakfast room, the alarm just keeps buzzing.  

Breeze is not buzzing.

All Blacks deal with the Lions with superior fitness and form. 

Good luck to ETNZ today - may it be a legendary weekend for NZ sports. 

7-9 knots, Oracle has shaved down quite a bit off its AP foils, not much else to report.  Hot and sticky here, and fairly empty in the village as of 1200 local time.

Averaging 9-10kts now.  Should be a straightforward win for ETNZ, 

found this somewhere a few minutes ago. interesting observation about Oracle in light wind.

Emirates Team New Zealand and Oracle Team USA went out for a practice sail this morning to feel out the light breeze.

The Kiwis looked to be foiling. The slight surprise was that Oracle Team USA seemed to be able to foil as well downwind and upwind - indicating that they may have wrung some more potential out of their AC50 in the five-day break.

Just watched your piece Clean, as I said a few days ago a creditable challenger is key IMO so if Luna Rossa don't want it BAR would be better.

Guess you'll be stalking Steve Mair to see whose near him tomorrow.

I hear Ernie is in town as well?

14 minutes ago, laser 173312 said:

Just watched your piece Clean, as I said a few days ago a creditable challenger is key IMO so if Luna Rossa don't want it BAR would be better.

Guess you'll be stalking Steve Mair to see whose near him tomorrow.

I hear Ernie is in town as well?

If it stays in cats, I'd expect the following to be part of the process helping develop the next event and rule.

Ernie B (SUI)

Dona B (FRA)

Patricio B arrives tonight I hear (ITA)

John B (AUS)

BAR (UK)

Groupama (FR)

A Chinese entry (CHI)

Japan?  No idea.  Sweden? No idea.

4 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

John B (AUS)

John B being John Bertrand right? That would be cool.

Just in case someone has spent the last weeks under a rock...

For ourselves, here some hopefully useful links:

First of all: Make sure your antivir is up to date, and you have an adblocker running!
(BTW, my virus scan didn't show any anomalies, but you use the pirate stream services at your own peril!)
You won't need to register or open an account! If you are asked to do so, select another stream/link.

Some pirate streams:
http://live.robinwidget.org/ (my fav)
direct links:   http://live.robinwidget.org/streamvideo8/sailing-vs-35th-americas-cup-2017-live-stream-1845137.html
http://live.robinwidget.org/streamvideo8/sailing-vs-35th-americas-cup-2017-live-stream-2477928.html

https://www.vipbox.nu/sports/water-sports.html
http://www.stream2watch.cc/live-television/united-kingdom/bt-1-live-stream-2017
https://www.batmanstream.com/other-live-streaming-video-8.html
http://cricfree.sc/bt-sport-1-live-stream-1

Play-by-play blog: http://www.yachtsandyachting.co.uk/americas-cup/live-americas-cup-blog/

The press conferences are streamed here: https://www.youtube.com/user/AmericasCup/videos

Replays of both round robins, although with German/Austrian common-tree (you may need to get a German IP
address): http://www.servustv.com/de/Videos/America-s-Cup
Here the replays of the more recent races: http://www.servustv.com/de/Sendungen/America-s-Cup-2017

Good morning Kiwistan!!!

No bike on the OR boat today...

Commentary team keep saying "for ourselves"...  8-)

1 minute ago, Nutta said:

No bike on the OR boat today...

An JS almost overboard during training, hurt his arm a bit.