zillafreak

Live Racing Thread

14 minutes ago, NZL5 said:

On man, have fun guys. Gutted I won't be there but have one for me. 21:00 in the UK at the mo.

You might as well have a drink or 7 - heck you've only got 9 hours to sit up and wait for the Hurricanes to beat the Lions :D

Grant Dalton is kind of scary when he says "sailing is fragmented" we want to bring it all together with the America's cup, it must remain about yachting, stuff like that, a bit afraid about the format they will choose...

2 minutes ago, yl75 said:

Grant Dalton is kind of scary when he says "sailing is fragmented" we want to bring it all together with the America's cup, it must remain about yachting, stuff like that, a bit afraid about the format they will choose...

Sweet as then.

2 hours ago, Paddywackery said:

Oh my God that was fantastic!!!!

Well done ETNZ!!!!!!!!

Thank you !!!!!!!!

Enjoy this win Kiwi's everywhere. 

Thanks for your support Paddy. See you in Auckland for AC36 I hope.

5 minutes ago, yl75 said:

Err what? He was talking about bringing major sailing events closer together and working with IASF for the good of all sailing. LE/RC wanted to ignore the IASF.

Loved the bit when a phone went off and he said, 'That'll be Russell, tell him I'll call him back'.

Who was the actual crew aboard Artemis today and over the course of past weeks.

Was wondering who the hell they were and their nationalities. Thanks!

35 minutes ago, hargikas said:

'kin' excellent, top job.

52 minutes ago, Nutta said:

ETNZ will be getting back in town Wednesday next week...

Leaving Bermuda on Sunday. Sounds like a stop in Dubai on Monday to satisfy sponsorship commitments, and then land in Auckland on Wednesday morning. Parade Friday/Saturday? 

22 minutes ago, laser 173312 said:

Err what? He was talking about bringing major sailing events closer together and working with IASF for the good of all sailing. LE/RC wanted to ignore the IASF.

Loved the bit when a phone went off and he said, 'That'll be Russell, tell him I'll call him back'.

GD doesn't want AC to take up all the air in the room. Personally I believe him when he says he wants to be a good steward of the cup. Don't set it up to directly viciously compete with other events. 

Also so if one had any doubts re how little fuck LE gives about Bermuda, just compare San Francisco cup presentation and the amateur hour in Bermuda. 

Leaving the 35th AC in the history books, looking westward to Transpac 2017, and yes, Jimmy, is still on Commanche's crew list, she notes, without a shred of remorse of being sarcastic.

Yes, Jimmy is still on the crew list in spite of losing the America's Cup to Emirates Team New Zealand today, June 26, 2017.png

24 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

Thank you Sailbydate for your steady hand on the tiller. I'm looking forward to seeing you in Auckland and to seeing that magnificent flying machine so I can pay homage in person. 

26 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

Thank you Sailbydate for your steady hand on the tiller. I'm looking forward to seeing you in Auckland and to seeing that magnificent flying machine so I can pay homage in person. 

In any case GD said they will provide some info on the format in the next two weeks, we will see ...

43 minutes ago, Indio said:

You might as well have a drink or 7 - heck you've only got 9 hours to sit up and wait for the Hurricanes to beat the Lions :D

Steady Indio, steady!

Spithill sat up alone in the final Presser  and very graciously devoted a large slab of his time to praising ETNZ and saying they had the better of everything etc.

ETNZ on the other hand with 4 people on stage, and despite even a pointed question to GD about ORA, completely ignored them to the extent the words ORA, Spithill etc passed no one's lips.

What the fuck is that about??

17 minutes ago, buoy said:

Leaving Bermuda on Sunday. Sounds like a stop in Dubai on Monday to satisfy sponsorship commitments, and then land in Auckland on Wednesday morning. Parade Friday/Saturday? 

Every sponsor deserves their moment - without them we'd have remained in the rubble. I'm going to write to them. Seldom did sponsorship matter more or require belief. 

2 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Spithill sat up alone in the final Presser  and very graciously devoted a large slab of his time to praising ETNZ and saying they had the better of everything etc.

ETNZ on the other hand with 4 people on stage, and despite even a pointed question to GD about ORA, completely ignored them to the extent the words ORA, Spithill etc passed no one's lips.

Haven't watched the presser yet, but that's pretty shit.

I know the boys are happy, but still.

5 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

They dont like them?  Why be insincere about it? So not to rustle someones jimmies? lol.

Was a bit scary sounding, was thinking it sounded like he was suggesting some kind of team merger with ACWS being the in-port regattas or something.

Hope thats not at all what he was suggesting.

Doing whatever they do explicitly in conjunction with ISAF sounds good (notwithstanding ISAF management)

Sounds like a stop in Dubai on Monday to satisfy sponsorship commitments, and then land in Auckland on Wednesday morning.

GD explicitly said that & fair enough, Emirates have fronted a bunch of $$$ over the years, can't begrudge them a photo-op with the Cup :)

Meh, enough nice words were said in the after-race & at the award ceremony.

That shit is the past of the AC now.

Classic by PB in the Presser: "I was sailing a boat" :D:D

8 minutes ago, loryda said:

They dont like them?  Why be insincere about it? So not to rustle someones jimmies? lol.

Your a real funny little cunt. BTW GD was very gracious towards Russell.

Thanks for the awesome racing and congrats to ETNZ. Here in the Netherlands the races started at 7 pm so watched it with my kids. We rooted for ETNZ. Finally they finished what should have been finished in San Fran. 

Respect for JS who is super competitive and a gentleman when losing (see last presser). Interesting contrast to his bravado in San Fran.  

They have never bagged OR during the campaign, always respectful and no "trash talking" which is way of all good sportsman. Nice to see Jimmy yet again defy his detractors by being a great competitor in every respect including losing.

22 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Plenty said outside stage - given the range of tactics employed by ACEA and Oracle that GD regards as outright dirty I don' think he wants to start sharing his feelings on them.

JS was gracious in his loss, it's a shame he has to be beaten down so utterly in order to treat ETNZ with any respect. We only have to go back a couple of weeks to see him scoffing and dissing them every chance he got. He'd be a better person for also being a gracious winner.

GD's comments about measurers during AC34 was as much an admission they still think Oracle got away with something illegal as we're ever likely to hear.

18 minutes ago, loryda said:

On the other hand, GD offered two olive branches to RC in that Presser. More than the fucker deserved, IMO.

Just now, rh2600 said:

Plenty said outside stage - given the range of tactics employed by ACEA and Oracle that GD regards as outright dirty I don' think he wants to start sharing his feelings on them.

JS was gracious in his loss, it's a shame he has to be beaten down so utterly in order to treat ETNZ with any respect. We only have to go back a couple of weeks to see him scoffing and dissing them every chance he got. He'd be a better person for also being a gracious winner.

GD's comments about measurers during AC34 was as much an admission they still think Oracle got away with something illegal as we're ever likely to hear.

great press conference and you can see why the team love Dalton.

2 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

On the other hand, GD offered two olive branches to RC in that Presser. More than the fucker deserved, IMO.

I think he knows they will have some sort of a relationship over the next few years and is trying to bridge some gaps early on to smooth the way.

3 hours ago, laser 173312 said:

I'd like to say the same. 

+1

4 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

Yes. Two more than deserved.

10 minutes ago, hoom said:

Meh, enough nice words were said in the after-race & at the award ceremony.

That shit is the past of the AC now.

Nice words also said by Spithill post race and awards, but he had the good grace to repeat his acknowledgement of ETNZ in front of the world press. You you may not have noticed but press conferences are a means  used by the press to report shit, not something for your amusement.

The fact that Dalton chose not to acknowledge the competition, let deliberately skirting the question asked of him about ORTUSA is fuckin appalling by any measure.

1 minute ago, jack_sparrow said:

Nice words also said by Spithill post race and awards, but he had the good grace to repeat his acknowledgement of ETNZ in front of the world press. You you may not have noticed but press conferences are a means  used by the press to report shit, not something for your amusement.

The fact that Dalton chose not to acknowledge the competition, let deliberately skirting the question asked of him about ORTUSA is fuckin appalling by any measure.

Grant Dalton holds grudges. I think it's clear he tried to thank a Bermuda, lay olive branch to Coutts. But if he was drunk and asked about LE and Oracle, he'll probably have a rage outburst. 

32 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Because guys like Dalton have long memories. You can't really expect after all the shit slinging both Coutts and Spithill both threw at Team NZ and GD at the very beginning of this cycle, for them to just say "Oh well, thanks for the great competition guys, you were great, and we really respect you" do you? Spithill publicly accused Team NZ management of being incompetent and called for Grant Dalton to step down in favor of Brad Butterworth. Then when they let Barker go, again Spithill again said they disrespected Barker by letting him go and implied Team NZ basically didn't know what they were doing. Fuck them, they made that bed, now they have to lie in it. Oracle, Spithill and Coutts tried their hardest to break Dalton and his team, and Dalton overcame and demolished Oracle. What ever Dalton says is fully deserved. The guy endured roadblock after roadblock, and obstacle after obstacle from Oracle and he beat them where it matters most...on the water.

7 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Again, it's a little strange how you equate silence and holding one's tongue as being worse than the tirades from JS and the likes of #flaggate from Oracle.

As far as I'm concerned GDs silence is as much a mark of respect as anything you'll get from a man they personally tried to destroy

Use all the weasel words you like to defend Dalton that is plain rude. And this is a bloke with a vision for defragmenting world sailing.  WTF. You think I'm the only person who noticed his behaviour. You can't attract non-partisan support from people with far bigger dicks than you and act like that on the world stage.

And by the way there are people on that boat and in the support team that have had nothing to do with shit he may have experienced. Yet he affords not one of them an ounce of respect.The guy is a grub.

11 minutes ago, Miffy said:

Grant Dalton holds grudges. I think it's clear he tried to thank a Bermuda, lay olive branch to Coutts. But if he was drunk and asked about LE and Oracle, he'll probably have a rage outburst. 

Pretty sure I would too. Hell, I wouldn't even need to be drunk.

Use all the weasel words you like to defend Dalton that is plain rude. And this is a bloke with a vision for defragmenting world sailing.  WTF. You think I'm the only person who noticed his behaviour. You can't attract non-partisan support from people with far bigger dicks than you and act like that on the world stage.

My my, how the worm has turned. 

"Rude" think back, right when public support for ETNZ was hanging by a thread, Spithill put the boot into ETNZ, and did an interview on NZ television saying Dalton was incompetent, had failed twice, and should step down as CEO and let someone who knows how to win lead the team. Now everyone wants us to forgive and forget and be nice to him just because the event is over? Fuck that.

25 minutes ago, rh2600 said:

Yes! That AC34 comment was the most interesting thing he said the whole presser. Can someone please shed some light on what actually went down???

21 minutes ago, loryda said:

I think he knows they will have some sort of a relationship over the next few years and is trying to bridge some gaps early on to smooth the way.

I think RC may be finished now with the AC.

He will have no role on the NZ side next regatta, so his role can only be as a challenger. I do not think he has that passion and energy to do another one

7 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Grant kept TNZ afloat. He won. He can say what the fuck he wants. To the victor belongs the spoils.

and if you want to talk about shite behaviour? Just go look at Oracle-NSW over the last 7 years.

1 minute ago, Barnyb said:

Capture Hug.JPG

I know. That still is a microcosm of the entire campaign and our affair with the cup.

4 minutes ago, Barnyb said:

He will have no role on the NZ side next regatta, so his role can only be as a challenger. 

Im not so sure about that, if he wanted to come home this is his best opportunity to do so and get a gig (on the event side rather than the sailing side) so hes not bored sitting around Whangaparaoa, he has a lot of event management experiance to draw from now, mistakes learned etc to provide a good contribution.  It would also provide an open for Oracle to have a connection and perhaps entice them back again next time around, which despite what everyone seems to think i believe would be good for the sport.

Just now, loryda said:

Im not so sure about that, if he wanted to come home this is his best opportunity to do so and get a gig (on the event side rather than the sailing side) so hes not bored sitting around Whangaparaoa, he has a lot of event management experiance to draw from now, mistakes learned etc to provide a good contribution.  It would also provide an open for Oracle to have a connection and perhaps entice them back again next time around, which despite what everyone seems to think i believe would be good for the sport.

There is no trust in Russel within ETNZ. Bruno Trouble will come back to organise it. And TNZ DGAF if Russel has nothing to do sitting in his mansion.

Certainly don't care if Oracle want to dome back or not.

20 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

And by the way there are people on that boat and in the support team that have had nothing to do with shit he may have experienced. Yet he affords not one of them an ounce of respect.The guy is a grub.

Mate. Now is the time to step back and look at the shit he has taken for years.  He has done more than any man to win the cup for New Zealand. Go whine a bit more, but I'm going to enjoy the win.  We all saw the shit talk from Russell and jimmy when they were winning, dalton owes these people who tried to get him fired nothing. Nothing at all.

4 minutes ago, NZL5 said:

Certainly don't care if Oracle want to dome back or not.

It would be a shame to lose any strong competitors imo, the more the better.

13 minutes ago, Barnyb said:

Good to see LE there offering congratulations to GD. Well done, Sir.

18 minutes ago, NZL5 said:

Yes! That AC34 comment was the most interesting thing he said the whole presser. Can someone please shed some light on what actually went down???

Talk to, Indio.

GA Is a classy thoughtful guy. His appearance and reference to bloody cup after winning almost seems like he was conflicted or thinking about something and not quite in the moment. Wonder if he was feeling for Jimmy or perhaps the old mates in the last cycle who didn't win but came close together. 

40 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

My my, how the worm has turned. 

Sail you you know I had no dog in this fight so not sure what that means.

I will leave you with this though. I find it amusing that many supporting Dalton's actions here include many who moaned and groaned when the presser representation was changed from skipper to helmsman and it was Couta being Couta.

Collectively not one of you thought that hey having an Australian up there at the presser representing NZ was probably not a good look, particularly for fans back home so he changed the format to correct that. That's called sportsmanship.

This is sport after all and post game you go through the obligations attached to that privilege, and in this case representing your country, regardless of what you think of the other mob or what may be in the background, pure and simple.

That is why Keiran Read and for every AB captain before him, the first thing they do when the mike is put in front of them is they acknowledge their competitor. Do a quick poll of Keiren, Ritchie and there predecessors on their thoughts on GD's actions today as team leader if they were to observe them. You know the answer to that, so stop deluding yourself.thinking it was warranted or immaterial.

It wasn't and if I was a NZer I would be pissed off that I was being represented in that manner.

37 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Is this piece about LE? If so, well written.

@jack_sparrow I know what you are saying but don't forget GD was personally gagged during the AC, I guess he figured he might as well maintain his silence...

We can't have it both ways - if we're so keen to hear him sing the praises now, maybe we should have let him talk freely during the regatta too...

50 minutes ago, aucklander said:

Mate. Now is the time to step back and look at the shit he has taken for years.  He has done more than any man to win the cup for New Zealand. Go whine a bit more, but I'm going to enjoy the win.  We all saw the shit talk from Russell and jimmy when they were winning, dalton owes these people who tried to get him fired nothing. Nothing at all.

GD got out on the race course today his payback plus some. He has a defence where he can stick the boot in again both in formulation and eventually in competition. He can carry on all he likes and good on him, I'm not begrudging him that.

But today for a few minutes in the leadership position he has at the presser was the place to park that shit.  If Spithill had sat there at that presser today and done the same thing you would be livid. 

Enjoy the win NZ you deserve it and fans like me of this sport of ours bask in your glory. Unfortunately for this fan, and no doubt others, GD by his actions has taken the edge of your success for us. Anyway enough said. Well done.

1 hour ago, sclarke said:

Because guys like Dalton have long memories. You can't really expect after all the shit slinging both Coutts and Spithill both threw at Team NZ and GD at the very beginning of this cycle, for them to just say "Oh well, thanks for the great competition guys, you were great, and we really respect you" do you? Spithill publicly accused Team NZ management of being incompetent and called for Grant Dalton to step down in favor of Brad Butterworth. Then when they let Barker go, again Spithill again said they disrespected Barker by letting him go and implied Team NZ basically didn't know what they were doing. Fuck them, they made that bed, now they have to lie in it. Oracle, Spithill and Coutts tried their hardest to break Dalton and his team, and Dalton overcame and demolished Oracle. What ever Dalton says is fully deserved. The guy endured roadblock after roadblock, and obstacle after obstacle from Oracle and he beat them where it matters most...on the water.

Very fair summation. I do think JS showed graciousness and admire him for it. That said, I can't forget the other stuff and I'm sure it will all come out in due course. 

1 hour ago, sclarke said:

"Rude" think back, right when public support for ETNZ was hanging by a thread, Spithill put the boot into ETNZ, and did an interview on NZ television saying Dalton was incompetent, had failed twice, and should step down as CEO and let someone who knows how to win lead the team. Now everyone wants us to forgive and forget and be nice to him just because the event is over? Fuck that.

And fuck that again! Much has been forgotten in the thrill of victory but when the dust has settled, much will be learned. 

I can't and won't forget some of the stuff Jimmy said and did from the comfort of the winners enclosure. 

47 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

I will leave you with this though. I find it amusing that many supporting Dalton's actions here include many who moaned and groaned when the presser representation was changed from skipper to helmsman and it was Couta being Couta.

Collectively not one of you thought that hey having an Australian up there at the presser representing NZ was probably not a good look, particularly for fans back home so he changed the format to correct that. That's called sportsmanship.

This is sport after all and post game you go through the obligations attached to that privilege, and in this case representing your country, regardless of what you think of the other mob or what may be in the background, pure and simple.

That is why Keiran Read and for every AB captain before him, the first thing they do when the mike is put in front of them is they acknowledge their competitor. Do a quick poll of Keiren, Ritchie and there predecessors on their thoughts on GD's actions today as team leader if they were to observe them. You know the answer to that, so stop deluding yourself.thinking it was warranted or immaterial.

It wasn't and if I was a NZer I would be pissed off that I was being represented in that manner.

Sensitive much? 

48 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

You're right - you have no dog in this fight, so why should we bother with what you say?? You're the grub here - go whine to someone who gives a fuck!!

2 minutes ago, Indio said:

You're right - you have no dog in this fight, so why should we bother with what you say?? You're the grub here - go whine to someone who gives a fuck!!

Gee that was unexpected. And as for whining listening to yours for years was enough for anybody, and guess what many of your own didn't care for it or gave fuck after a while. You should write a book on alienation. 

It's a lovely day on Auckland. Lions supporters roaming around, drunken guys in sailboats in the viaduct. People milling about taking pictures. All unaware of what's coming in a few years. Mayhem. 

Golden day. 

If you can't say anything nice about someone, say nothing. ETNZ managed it well.

Anyone got a link to Ted Turner's press conference?  Or Dennis Connor to Bruce Farr?

2 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

GD/Matteo - no expectations. In the 2013 press conference, Larry didn't make any comment for example.

Correction. Sorry, he (LE) did, and was generous.

JS made a clear statement in the 2013 press conference about ETNZ being a champion team. Looking at it again now, I think it was sincere, but at the time it was hard to see it this way in the context of all the other stuff said in the preceding press conferences.

Yes, I'd like to have heard GA or PB make a similar comment. PB's young, probably thought afterwards shit I should have mentioned that.That said, every other press conference PB has noted their respect for the OR crew and team. This time, the press conference was about ETNZ. ORTUSA has been breathing down their necks every step of the way, and ORTUSA/ACEA made it extremely hard for ETNZ to compete at all let alone on an even footing.

The reality is that ETNZ don't owe ORTUSA a damn thing.

25 minutes ago, Barnacle Bill said:

It's a lovely day on Auckland. Lions supporters roaming around, drunken guys in sailboats in the viaduct. People milling about taking pictures. All unaware of what's coming in a few years. Mayhem. 

Golden day. 

Hopefully you guys managed to meet up and celebrate in style .... wish I was there! Will save myself for the fireworks tonight.

1 minute ago, weta27 said:

Hopefully you guys managed to meet up and celebrate in style .... wish I was there! Will save myself for the fireworks tonight.

Fireworks? Will it be worth dropping the lines for? 

38 minutes ago, ianz said:

Yes, I'd like to have heard GA or PB make a similar comment. 

Gashby was pretty generous with his praise on the podium.  To be honest, this feels like a beat-up for beat-ups sake.  They congratulated the other team as you would expect them to in a much more public setting than a press conference where the cadence is largely determined by the media.

Just now, ezyb said:

Gashby was pretty generous with his praise on the podium.  To be honest, this feels like a beat-up for beat-ups sake.  They congratulated the other team as you would expect them to in a much more public setting than a press conference where the cadence is largely determined by the media.

Yes he was. But the coverage here is focussing on the 'attacks' made by ETNZ. I guess it's all just part of the America's Cup, but I'd kinda like to see at least tacit acknowledgement in the press conference, that's what gets reported.

But hey - not that big of a deal, and OR haven't exactly made life easy for ETNZ, who have had to overcome huge obstacles to get to this point.

2 hours ago, Barnyb said:

Some good explanations in here around the early foil issues

The "No look gybe". How fucking awesome. Legend.

1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:

Gee that was unexpected. And as for whining listening to yours for years was enough for anybody, and guess what many of your own didn't care for it or gave fuck after a while. You should write a book on alienation. 

Mate, I presented verifiable information about OR's cheating in 2013. So what if the apologist post-padding fuckwit from Wellington didn't agree with it? He's like you - a whiner full of BS with nothing to offer except negative criticism of Dalton and the ETNZ team.

Now fuck off and whinge somewhere else wanker!

Dalton in the presser, sailing needs to be sailing, needs to be relevant not hydraulics, yet foiling is great but too rough in NZ.

are we getting a foiling mono for the next cup?

He's (GD) going to Spa-Francorchamps? For what?

Did I say well done to the kiwi's, Well Done

out started a starter

out technology'd a technology company and 

underspent them to boot I'm sure

used the youngest helm ever

sailed the boat without anyone touching any rope

With PLC control you could have a computer assisting in making decisions? ( I think thats where Dalts saying its getting away from sailors sailing not that he said that exactly but the press too dumb to ask)

Where are we headed, that's heading to RC yacht land and then VR simulation, no yachts needed, yuk?

Well played NZ. Just watched Presser, no harm no foul. Green Flag there if you ask me. Love how he praised Bermuda and will consider an event there in the future. Interesting enough Bermuda was not Oracle's Home team. Chicago was next as confirmed by Dalts. Nice to see Russell Coutts given some respect from Dalts. 

1 hour ago, Sailbydate said:

The "No look gybe". How fucking awesome. Legend.

Re the video, did you hear the bit about how the gull wing/bat foils were slowly breaking over the course of racing?? They were worried they were about to give up at any moment! Amazing

9 minutes ago, rusto said:

Re the video, did you hear the bit about how the gull wing/bat foils were slowly breaking over the course of racing?? They were worried they were about to give up at any moment! Amazing

Yep. Picked that up, Rusto. Talk about on the edge. Amazing.

No wonder the lads were keen to get that last race safely under their foils, eh? :D

5 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Fuck off knob nuts, OR wanted to get rid of GD and ETNZ, they did everything in their power to stack the cards against us and lift other syndicates to another level....they saw ETNZ as a threat that needed to be extinguished! Well fuck them and their stupid framework (some of which was good), fuck their stupid beach regattas. OR got a pasting and were the defenders, what was GD meant to say, congratulations for being fucking hopeless and well done on winning one race. The saying goes, it's better to say nothing if you haven't got anything good to say and that's how it rolled!

JS had no option to be graceful to ETNZ based on the way he gave us shit for the last 4 years....he's going to be unemployed soon so needs to show some tact for when he heads an Aussie challenge in 4 years time!

9 hours ago, Indio said:

Dan Bernasconi has just confirmed his commitment to ETNZ and his design team. Great news for AC36!!

Agree totally. Hard to imagine being able to replace his open coordination of the design team.

Oracle boys came over for some post match beers. Not everything needs to be said or seen at press conferences.

8 minutes ago, PJB said:

Oracle boys came over for some post match beers. Not everything needs to be said or seen at press conferences.

I would suggest they came over after TNZ invited them.

5 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

That is why Keiran Read and for every AB captain before him, the first thing they do when the mike is put in front of them is they acknowledge their competitor.

Absolute rubbish. In fact they get bagged for not doing so, much as you are doing here.

5 hours ago, NZL5 said:

I think it refers to protest about a feedback control mechanism being refused by the measurers because it fell outside some time limit.

The bigger question now is; What will Team NZL do with the AX now?  I know much has been said and agreements made, but will they honor those or go in a different direction?  While San Francisco was a surprisingly great event and venue, I haven't liked the Bermuda series that much except that Team NZL won the Cup.

Good Job NZ. I was impressed from the start with their Managment and Process off and on the boat.

38 minutes ago, DayTripper said:

I think it refers to protest about a feedback control mechanism being refused by the measurers because it fell outside some time limit.

It's not the first time someone with skin in AC has commented on 2013. The venerable Bruno Trouble of Louis Vuitton fame was quite savage about it, not mincing words when he said Oracle Racing cheated in AC34.

The impression I had was that maybe proprietary info was leaked in the measurement process?  No direct reference to Herbie but I might be wrong...