• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
sailingk8

Chocolate Cake for breakfast proven healthy!

choccakke.jpg

Research Shows That Eating Chocolate Cake For Breakfast Is Good For The Brain And The Waistline

..."According to the study, it was important to eat chocolate before 9 o’clock in the morning. People who eat protein, carbohydrates and a 600 cal dessert tend to lose more weight than those who ate a 300 cal breakfast at a later time.

Why is chocolate so beneficial to the health? One of the reasons is because it contains flavonoids that are found in plant-based foods. They are available in high quantities in the cocoa beans. Incidentally, you will also find flavonoids in red wine. Coincidence? I think not!

When you get right down to it, there may be no reason to avoid that chocolate cake for breakfast. Life is too short to stress over those small things anyway."

http://tipsforhome.net/health-tips/science-shows-eating-chocolate-cake-breakfast-good-brain-waistline/

Cutting edge independent thinkers have known this for years.

In fact,  the health benefits of chocolate cake breakfast are only surpassed 

by that miracle of nutritional wonder, leftover pepperoni pizza from the night before.

Blackeberrey appelle hearre, mollto bene.

Cane we starte a SA Focuss Groupe?

Chocolatte cacke foure breakfaste June 1st to June 30th?  Anny volunteeres?

The waitte ist easey, howe do the braine eval?

Suggestiones?

1 hour ago, ease the sheet said:

Well, duh.

Another example of no one listening to a word I say.

Sorry, what?

I'm having a raspberry margarita for dessert. Not sure those translate well for breakfast.

4 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

Blackeberrey appelle hearre, mollto bene.

Cane we starte a SA Focuss Groupe?

Chocolatte cacke foure breakfaste June 1st to June 30th?  Anny volunteeres?

The waitte ist easey, howe do the braine eval?

Suggestiones?

I've already started.

June 1st.

Now that the truth is finally out about chocolate cake, how long will it be before we are finally told of the true health benefits of a rail of coke off a hooker's back?

8 hours ago, ease the sheet said:

I've already started.

June 1st.

And what is your conclusion?

Contrary to what my mother tried to tell me growing up I've known this little "new fact" from a very young age.  Why it's taken science so long to figure it out I don't know.  They seem to be slow on a number of discoveries.  

Loopy, my guess is they knew the increasing demand stats on chocolate and didn't want to exacerbate the supply issue. They can be selfish like that.

You have to eat the chocolate early so it doesn't interfere with the mid morning Rum!

WL

I'm thinking time zones are optional.

22 hours ago, sailingk8 said:

And what is your conclusion?

White chocolate is not chocolate, cream is suitable accompaniment and a fork is better than a spoon.

11 hours ago, Frers381 said:

You have to eat the chocolate early so it doesn't interfere with the mid morning Rum!

WL

Hmm good point. An early morning rum could be added to the cake as a substitute for icing.

3 hours ago, ease the sheet said:

White chocolate is not chocolate, cream is suitable accompaniment and a fork is better than a spoon.

I concur.

Heard on NPR the other day that a chocolate habit can help stave off heart disease??

38 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Heard on NPR the other day that a chocolate habit can help stave off heart disease??

It's more the Cocoa than the sugar and butter. It has a chemical in it which is also in red wine(Bonus!) that actually can also repair the brain and do other miraculous things according to the cocoa bean growers and wineries, I mean scientists.

On 5/27/2017 at 1:44 PM, sailingk8 said:

It's more the Cocoa than the sugar and butter. It has a chemical in it which is also in red wine(Bonus!) that actually can also repair the brain and do other miraculous things according to the cocoa bean growers and wineries, I mean scientists.

Chocolate with a fine red dessert wine?  Works for me!!!  :)

14 hours ago, billy backstay said:

Chocolate with a fine red dessert wine?  Works for me!!!  :)

Dark chocolate with a big borossa valley shiraz. Was last Friday night's after dinner treat....

I prefer a white wine for breakfast, a good red for a mid-morning break, pale ale for lunch, scotch before dinner, red or white wine for dinner, brandy for dessert.

Sometimes I'll have food with it.

7 hours ago, Ishmael said:

I prefer a white wine for breakfast, a good red for a mid-morning break, pale ale for lunch, scotch before dinner, red or white wine for dinner, brandy for dessert.

Some days you just have to "Drink Through It"!

10 hours ago, Ishmael said:

No afternoon martini? Lightweight.........

;)

I was thinking more along the line of a mini chocolate cupcake smoothered in chocolate mousse served with an Irish coffee, hold the whipped cream.