• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
D.M.D.

Gregg Allman DTS

This one hurts. Not only a huge Allman Bros. fan but had the pleasure of sitting down in the tour bus twice with him and Dickie Betts 

RIP Gregg. Only the good die young

I just can't get used to this shit. Getting old sucks so bad.

Having said that, based on all the media reports over the years, it's surprising he lasted this long.

There's only one way out baby...

And lord knows he wasn't walkin' out that front door.

RIP

Always thought he had a great voice and musical talent. Then I learned he shacked up with 17 yo Savannah for 2 years in the late 80s...

400px-Savannah.jpg

Respect!

This is weird, I posted about Duane Allman in the what are you listening to thread this morning.

Damn this one does suck.

The guitar riff in Sweet Melissa is among my favorite. 

God is assembling one heck of a great band with all the recent deaths of tremendous talent. 

I just hope when I get there the tickets are free. 

38 minutes ago, PuffyJman said:

The guitar riff in Sweet Melissa is among my favorite. 

God is assembling one heck of a great band with all the recent deaths of tremendous talent. 

I just hope when I get there the tickets are free. 

Pretty soon, I'm going to have to go there to hear a good concert.

2 hours ago, bmiller said:

This is weird, I posted about Duane Allman in the what are you listening to thread this morning.

Damn this one does suck.

Could you post something about Justin Bieber.

Sad as hell to lose this one, great musician, great band, part of the soundtrack of my misspent youth. RIP Greg, say hi to Skydog from all of us.

"I said, other people can write songs, let's see if I can. So the first 400 or 500 wound up on the floor somewhere. Then I wrote one called Melissa."

RIP, Mr. Allman

Somewhere out there on the interwebz is an interview with Gregg describing how he gave Duane a bottle of coricidin after he fell and hurt his elbow. Duane didn't like the meds so he dumped them out and used the bottle as a slide. That's how he started playing slide guitar.

Your mission, find that interview.

28 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Can I borrow that?   I think there's a song in there somewhere. 

Absolutely, although truth be told.......

On 5/28/2017 at 9:02 AM, bmiller said:

Somewhere out there on the interwebz is an interview with Gregg describing how he gave Duane a bottle of coricidin after he fell and hurt his elbow. Duane didn't like the meds so he dumped them out and used the bottle as a slide. That's how he started playing slide guitar.

Your mission, find that interview.

...and all of a sudden, there was Southern Rock

RIP Brothers

had just watched the whole Muscle Shoal video on Netflix about two weeks ago.

2 hours ago, Bump-n-Grind said:

had just watched the whole Muscle Shoal video on Netflix about two weeks ago.

I saw the video a while back.  Great history or music from that time.  I was amazed how many great performances came out of Muscle Shoals.

Muscle Shoals has got the Swampers and they've been known to pick a song or two....

Lord, they get me off so much.... they pick me up when I'm feeling blue

Saw Gregg during his downturn in the mid-80s in a bar in Daytona, FL.   Could barely hear him... my buddy talked to one of the crew during the first break and told him to raise the volume level of Gregg's mic just a bit.   10 minutes later, Gregg cancelled the show....  20 minute show with no refunds.   Glad he got clean/sober cause that night ticked us off.

Still amazed their debut album (which I find one of their best) was recorded in 2 weeks..... something in the water back then :lol:

6 hours ago, BillDBastard said:

Gregg Allman, one of the founders of the band Bill Graham called the best band in America dies, and SA manages 32 posts? Pathetic!

Call me crazy, but you'll possibly find a larger outpouring of sadness on something other than a Sailing based website?

Rest assured, when you fall off the twig, you probably wont rate any more than 32 posts here either.