• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Rudder_NZ

Race Replays

885 posts in this topic

Here are some replays. Download and watch in VLC (Just tried in Windows Media player and it seems to work in there too). I will try upload and share in this thread each day. Unfortunately I missed the first and last race. 

Artemis vs Oracle Team AUS
https://s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/ac-recordings/29-5-2017-ArtemisvsUSA.ts

NZL vs BAR
https://s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/ac-recordings/29-5-2017-NZLvsBAR.ts

NZL vs Japan
https://s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/ac-recordings/29-5-2017-NZvsJPN.ts

USA vs BAR

https://s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/ac-recordings/29-5-2017-USAvsBAR.ts

anybody managed to figure out how to watch virtual eye of earlier round robin races? - In NZ and keeps coming up with GBR JPN race, with no option for anything else.

Doesn't work on a computer because you can't select the individual races. Must be a bug. The phone/ipad app does work however. But it doesn't work during the race, you have to select the "leaderboard" ffs

10 minutes ago, Foyle said:

anybody managed to figure out how to watch virtual eye of earlier round robin races? - In NZ and keeps coming up with GBR JPN race, with no option for anything else.

Yesterday it took 4 or 5 hours after the end of racing for the earlier matches to become available.

And even then, I'm not sure it's possible to select earlier races on the in-browser version. Try the AC app, if you have a device - match selection is pretty easy there (once they're online).

thanks

1 hour ago, Rudder_NZ said:

Here are some replays. Download and watch in VLC (Just tried in Windows Media player and it seems to work in there too). I will try upload and share in this thread each day. Unfortunately I missed the first and last race. 

NZL vs BAR

NZL vs Japan

USA vs BAR

Legend. Cheers.

@Rudder_NZ

Thank you.  Being so screwed by Sky in NZ it is good to finally be able to watch.  The NZ Bar one was very pixelate for me and maybe I will have to down load it again.

Watching Nathan deal to Jimmy again and again was good for this Kiwi Fan.

He did us a great favour in that race.

Once again thank you.

13 minutes ago, Kiwing said:

@Rudder_NZ

Thank you.  Being so screwed by Sky in NZ it is good to finally be able to watch.  The NZ Bar one was very pixelate for me and maybe I will have to down load it again.

Watching Nathan deal to Jimmy again and again was good for this Kiwi Fan.

He did us a great favour in that race.

Once again thank you.

Interesting. What were you using to play them? I didn't check the videos completely before I uploaded them (About a minute after each race), I just jumped to a few points and they looked fine in VLC. Do people prefer the lower quality 200MB files or the 500MB files? The video quality isn't hugely different but I figure download size matters for some people. 

Does anyone have a replay of OR / TNZ from Saturday?

2 hours ago, Rudder_NZ said:

NZL vs BAR

NZL vs Japan

USA vs BAR

Many, many thanks for those Rudder. I have no way of watching these races otherwise (living in NZ without a satellite dish in a caravan). You are indeed a legend :)

1 hour ago, Sundreamer said:

Doesn't work on a computer because you can't select the individual races. Must be a bug. The phone/ipad app does work however. But it doesn't work during the race, you have to select the "leaderboard" ffs

Hey SD, save link and then open - works fine on a Microsoft surface

28 minutes ago, Rudder_NZ said:

Interesting. What were you using to play them? I didn't check the videos completely before I uploaded them (About a minute after each race), I just jumped to a few points and they looked fine in VLC. Do people prefer the lower quality 200MB files or the 500MB files? The video quality isn't hugely different but I figure download size matters for some people. 

Your original download was great for me.

40 minutes ago, Rudder_NZ said:

Stay with 500mb its pretty fast from AWS regardless. Oh BIG thankyou :)

49 minutes ago, Rudder_NZ said:

lots of people in Oz with metered ADSL so 200MB for them would be nice for them. 500MB does look better

2 minutes ago, justsomeone said:

lots of people in Oz with metered ADSL so 200MB for them would be nice for them. 500MB does look better

I might stick to doing  ETNZ races at 500Mb as I keep them for myself. I will do all the others at the smaller size. 

Just downloaded ETNZ vs SBJ and it works perfect. Thanks. This made my day.

57 minutes ago, Rudder_NZ said:

I might stick to doing  ETNZ races at 500Mb as I keep them for myself. I will do all the others at the smaller size. 

Rudder, are you based in UK?

@Rudder_NZ

I'm addicted please, please don't take it away I'll suffer withdrawal symptoms for a week.

That file of AR beating Jimmy is worth a lot to me,

I can't thank you enough.

20 minutes ago, rh2600 said:

Rudder, are you based in UK?

I'm in New Zealand. I was using FABIPTV for the stream and recording in VLC. I recommend FABIPTV if you want to watch live. I used the SD and HD streams for the 200MB/500MB files. They have a FHD stream which is beautiful but too large to record in any sane amount of space. 

Thank-you! More please!

I had tuned out from the AC with the lack of design content but now wanting to catch up.

This is excellent! Up quicker than the official channels that's for sure.

1 minute ago, harryproa said:

Thanks.  Hope you can keep it up until the end.

I should be watching all the races so its no biggie for me to record them and upload them. I might need to host it elsewhere as AWS might start getting pricey. Going to investigate a few options tonight. 

12 hours ago, enigmatically said:

Thanks Rudder

+1

Thanks guys for posting this great stuff up ... just saved me $99.99 to get Sky sports for 31 days 

15 hours ago, Rudder_NZ said:

NZL vs BAR

NZL vs Japan

USA vs BAR

Thanks so much for this. I have no other way of seeing the races. Please keep loading them up. Really appreciated.

Thank You very much RUDDER, You deserve free beer from the Anarchists community.

Cheers

Is there a replay of the win for France?

THANKS! (a really big one)

sky will replay races right after and then again at 11am (nz) on sky sport 3

Rudder_NZ, thank you so much for that. I have no other mean to watch the races and seeing the French beating the Brits is so sweeeeeet... :)

Rudder_NZ - thanks so much!!! 

Thank you. Google Drive worked much better for me than your other server, FWIW.

@Rudder_NZ

You are a hero.  Watching France beat Sir ben has made my day.

If Artemis had just done what Frank did and just gone around the outside they would have beaten ETNZ.

Jimmy did to they now they do it to someone else.  Jimmy bluffed them but I believe it was a good call by the umpires and Ar should have just gone a few metres wider and they would have been clear !!

29 minutes ago, Passinwind said:

Great to hear. It seems much better than S3 as you can view it in the browser at 720p or 360p if my source stream allows. S3 would have been super fast to download if you were the Asia Pacific region but it does require downloading rather than streaming. 

15 minutes ago, Kiwing said:

@Rudder_NZ

You are a hero.  Watching France beat Sir ben has made my day.

If Artemis had just done what Frank did and just gone around the outside they would have beaten ETNZ.

Jimmy did to they now they do it to someone else.  Jimmy bluffed them but I believe it was a good call by the umpires and Ar should have just gone a few metres wider and they would have been clear !!

Yeah. I thought it was a bad call from the umpires based on the Heli shot but watching from onboard Artemis I think in the end it was the right call. If Nathan had just gone a little wider and stayed out of the 3 boat length circle I think he would have won. I do feel really sorry for Nathan. He sailed really well for the rest of the race and their boat looks fast in the heavier breeze. 

21 minutes ago, Rudder_NZ said:

Yeah. I thought it was a bad call from the umpires based on the Heli shot but watching from onboard Artemis I think in the end it was the right call. If Nathan had just gone a little wider and stayed out of the 3 boat length circle I think he would have won. I do feel really sorry for Nathan. He sailed really well for the rest of the race and their boat looks fast in the heavier breeze. 

Yeah, clearly Artemis would have won even if they had gone 3 or 4 boat lengths further from the mark

Regardless of whether you agree with the penalty or not, IMO that makes the result a bit of a shame really.

24 minutes ago, Rudder_NZ said:

Great to hear. It seems much better than S3 as you can view it in the browser at 720p or 360p if my source stream allows. S3 would have been super fast to download if you were the Asia Pacific region but it does require downloading rather than streaming. 

S3 was hopelessly slow last night but maybe I just need to try again later. I live pretty close to a massive Google data center as well. I have plenty of room to download whole races when I want to study them, like today's ART-NZL one for instance. But being able to stream is a very nice bonus in any case.

2 hours ago, Passinwind said:

Won't work for me.  East coast AUS.

12 minutes ago, random said:

Won't work for me.  East coast AUS.

Did you download or try stream it? Looks like it is still up and downloading works. Probably an issue at your end. 

It just hung for a bit.  One has completed download now.  thanks.

Thanks Rudder, I appreciate the links also. I hope you can continue to do it for those unable to watch live.

So I had to take down the day 2 race videos as it looks like over 400 people downloaded them and I got a $100 bill. I will try re-upload them to Google Drive tonight. 

Wow that is bad ... who billed you ?

2 minutes ago, TimBits said:

Wow that is bad ... who billed you ?

AWS. Storage is cheap but access is expensive and it looks like there was a lot of downloads. 

Is it possible to make a thread that only members can view?

23 minutes ago, Rudder_NZ said:

AWS. Storage is cheap but access is expensive and it looks like there was a lot of downloads. 

Sounds familiar ... "You can check in as much as you want, but it can never leave"

Rudder, you're a star! May I suggest torrenting them to save you the big bills? These Google drive ones got leeched so hard, they were down almost as soon as you upped them. You appear to be pretty much the only free source for full replays in the world right now, so any hosting platform you use is gonna get hit hard. If you went with Channel BT, you could easily stick with the 720p encodes at ~500MB/race and drop the 576p ones in the squeezed 1.25 AR.

You can probably get some hosting ideas too from Rojadirecta. Heaps of Rugby on there for the NZers!

Good work though champ, you're a legend for allowing us to see what the organisers don't.

2 hours ago, Rudder_NZ said:

Is it possible to make a thread that only members can view?

That's probably the wrong tack in trying to limit your hosting costs. Word is going to get out and be shared no matter how restricted you try to make it. Better off using BT to share and thereby getting the downloaders to help with the uploading as well. Sharing the load so to speak so you're not the only one doing the heavy lifting. Loving your work so far. Hope you can keep it going for the next month since it seems we're going to get no joy out of their youTube channel - that KeepVid Pro installation I organised to rip all the 1080p encodes I thought they were going to be putting up was a complete waste of time! :angry:

Thanks for thinking of us with no view of the racing but the links from s3 didnt work for me at all.

cheers

Torrenting them would be a great idea.

This is pretty much the only way a lot of us get to see the full races, the least we can do is keep them seeded for you.

Thanks Rudder_NZ - we appreciate seeing the racing!

To save using up your downloads (or if the file has had too many downloads) I did the following:

1. Logged into my google account

2. Clicked on your links

3. Pressed the "add to my drive" button on the top right (this just creates a link to the file)

4. Opened my google drive

5. Copy (duplicated) each of the files

6. Download the copies of the files

Another big thanks to Mr Rudder. May the wind be with you.

42 minutes ago, taylorb said:

To save using up your downloads (or if the file has had too many downloads) I did the following:

1. Clicked on your links

2. Pressed the "add to my drive" button on the top right (this just creates a link to the file)

3. Copy (duplicated) each of the files

4. Download the copies of the files

Good tip! Thanks for that, works a treat.

Can we maybe open a Give-a-little" page for you Rudder-NZ and if we chip in a few $ each you will be able to pay for all the downloads?

hate to see you being hit in the pocket for doing us all a good turn ... but Kiwi's are not going to give Sky a hundy to watch just one sport for a month 

Prime should be showing race reruns later each day ... no skin off Sky's nose and NZ'ers would then get behind our great team NZ 

On 5/29/2017 at 0:38 AM, Rudder_NZ said:

NZL vs BAR

NZL vs Japan

USA vs BAR

No worky for me on either a Mac, PC or iphone.  Any tips to get it to work properly?  All I get is some code and an error message like this:

Error>
<Code>NoSuchKey</Code>
<Message>The specified key does not exist.</Message>
<Key>29-5-2017-ArtemisvsUSA.ts</Key>
<RequestId>3545A391BE0D7392</RequestId>
<HostId>
QHWDBKcpA8Nr83c+PbxWfC2XfwRXK5n9GSpWhL5wszkWU47DqrpxOzhbAGlo05ZZsvVMfBbFCe0=
</HostId>
</Error>

26 minutes ago, Sportboat Jeff said:

No worky for me on either a Mac, PC or iphone.  Any tips to get it to work properly?  All I get is some code and an error message like this:

Error>
<Code>NoSuchKey</Code>
<Message>The specified key does not exist.</Message>
<Key>29-5-2017-ArtemisvsUSA.ts</Key>
<RequestId>3545A391BE0D7392</RequestId>
<HostId>
QHWDBKcpA8Nr83c+PbxWfC2XfwRXK5n9GSpWhL5wszkWU47DqrpxOzhbAGlo05ZZsvVMfBbFCe0=
</HostId>
</Error>

I took down the S3 files as I had a $100 bill after 24 hours. I am uploading to google drive and putting a torrent on a seed box as we speak. Are the day 3 google drive files still working?

All are in google drive now. Torrents soon to follow. Please seed. Main seedbox is in the Netherlands so will be a little slow. I went through over half a terabyte hosting just day 2 racing so it was hard to find a seedbox that supports any decent amount of file transfer for a sane price. 

Day 2

Artemis vs USA
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxIm00ZuX5lXc3BPS0dhbXFFZW8

NZL vs BAR
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxIm00ZuX5lXeTRUQUV6cHZpaWM

NZL vs Japan
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxIm00ZuX5lXMGk3cE1lLVp5QWs

USA vs BAR
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxIm00ZuX5lXb3paSVFPN2ljSnM

Day 3

UK vs France
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxIm00ZuX5lXd3pPSXVNWUViR28

NZ vs Sweden part 1
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxIm00ZuX5lXczY2S0dHbkRTNlk
NZ vs Sweden part 2
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxIm00ZuX5lXRWd6dmRBdVFWV2M

France vs Japan
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxIm00ZuX5lXWDdtcDdNS01JaFE

17 minutes ago, Rudder_NZ said:

Are the day 3 google drive files still working?

They were Rudder as of a few hours ago this morning when I got them. The download bandwidth limit had been reached by then for the originals from your account, so I had to use taylorb's hack in copying them to my Google drive and then downloading the copies from my account to get them, but it worked, so all good.

Shoved them in Avidemux and remuxxed out into MP4 format and then adjusted the pixel ratio back to 64/45 using My MP4Box for the 200MB 576p encodes and the end result plays perfectly on a USB stick plugged into a PVR on my 55".

I don't mind the little bit of mess about having to remux and adjust the aspect ratio. It's not a problem. You just save them in whatever format is quickest and easiest for you and leave it up to the downloaders to clean them up as necessary for whatever device they want to play them on. :)

Any new stuff from day 4 ready for uploading? :unsure:

Will seed on a Gb link ones the torrents are up but can't promise ongoing support sorry.

53 minutes ago, Man Overboard said:

Will seed on a Gb link ones the torrents are up but can't promise ongoing support sorry.

Ok guys. Torrent for days 2 and 3 is here. I would be grateful if you could help me seed this. 

ACQualDay2&3.torrent

Ok guys. Torrent for days 2 and 3 is here. I would be grateful if you could help me seed this. 

ACQualDay2&3.torrent

Will help as long as I can. :)

Bought the $99 fanpass and then realised can't actually watch replays after work! Thanks for posting, would offer to have your children ... but that would be weird right?

You can replay anything that started in the last 24 hours with Fan Pass.

1 hour ago, jcow001 said:

Bought the $99 fanpass and then realised can't actually watch replays after work! Thanks for posting, would offer to have your children ... but that would be weird right?

Link to the fan pass please?  

Rudder, thanks so much for these vids!!!

2 hours ago, InnerVoid said:

Will help as long as I can. :)

Happy to help 

Cheers for the links. No paid subscription options for today's race  replay and no option online so what do you do...

cricfree BTSport2 link has been solid.  

Day 3 Torrent attached. Please use this in preference to the Google Drive files if you know how to torrent as we very quickly reach the google drive limit. Also seed if you can. 

Day 4
ETNZ vs Artemis
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxIm00ZuX5lXMjBGOUJOemJDNDQ

FRANCE vs USA
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxIm00ZuX5lXTTY1Sk1EQW44SEU

Sweden vs UK
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxIm00ZuX5lXSkZfNHB4ZzdxeWc

ACQualDay4.torrent

My seedbox is is running well and truly at it upload bandwidth limit so torrenting will be slow because of high demand. Have uploaded about 50GB so far this morning. Please ensure that you seed so we can distribute this as fast as possible. 
Thanks all

Thanks heaps Rudder_NZ on my seedbox seeding fullon :) 

Day 3 Torrent attached. Please use this in preference to the Google Drive files if you know how to torrent as we very quickly reach the google drive limit. Also seed if you can. 

Day 4
ETNZ vs Artemis
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxIm00ZuX5lXMjBGOUJOemJDNDQ

FRANCE vs USA
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxIm00ZuX5lXTTY1Sk1EQW44SEU

Sweden vs UK
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxIm00ZuX5lXSkZfNHB4ZzdxeWc

ACQualDay4.torrent

Are you going to be doing this everyday? If you do I'll rent a seedbox to help everyone out

11 minutes ago, james3232 said:

Are you going to be doing this everyday? If you do I'll rent a seedbox to help everyone out

That's my plan. Uploading the torrent and Google drive file only take a minute and I'm recording the races anyway. I'll see if I can make an RSS feed to provide to those with seedboxes. Otherwise I might send the torrent out to a few people in advance of posting it on here. 

48 minutes ago, bruiserdor said:

Thanks heaps Rudder_NZ on my seedbox seeding fullon :) 

Many thanks. 

Just now, Rudder_NZ said:

That's my plan. Uploading the torrent and Google drive file only take a minute and I'm recording the races anyway. I'll see if I can make an RSS feed to provide to those with seedboxes. Otherwise I might send the torrent out to a few people in advance of posting it on here. 

yeah feel free to do that. no chance of a hd release? ;)

3 minutes ago, james3232 said:

yeah feel free to do that. no chance of a hd release? ;)

Unfortunately I as it is 5am when the racing is on I like to watch in bed so my laptop can only handle the quality you see in the ETNZ race (About 500MB for the 15-20 minutes). I will start recording all races at that higher quality. Previously I was only doing it for the ETNZ races as I want to keep those. 
Come the AC finals I will be watching on my PC which should be able to handle the 1080 stream but at 1GB per minute I will need to convert to an mp4 before I upload it which may take some time. 

1 minute ago, Rudder_NZ said:

Unfortunately I as it is 5am when the racing is on I like to watch in bed so my laptop can only handle the quality you see in the ETNZ race (About 500MB for the 15-20 minutes). I will start recording all races at that higher quality. Previously I was only doing it for the ETNZ races as I want to keep those. 
Come the AC finals I will be watching on my PC which should be able to handle the 1080 stream but at 1GB per minute I will need to convert to an mp4 before I upload it which may take some time. 

copy that. If you send me the torrent tomorrow i'll be seeding as quickly as possible

29 minutes ago, Rudder_NZ said:

cant seem to get your torrent to start downloading btw

Rudder_NZ Pm about torrent file seems to not want to d/l to the seedbox?

11 minutes ago, james3232 said:

cant seem to get your torrent to start downloading btw

Are you getting an error? There may not be many seeds at the moment so it may take some time for the download to start in your torrent client. 

Just now, Rudder_NZ said:

Are you getting an error? There may not be many seeds at the moment so it may take some time for the download to start in your torrent client. 

fine on pc, wont download on seedbox. very odd.

56 minutes ago, Rudder_NZ said:

Very, Very, grateful you are uploading to the Google Drive.  Spent way too much time trying to understand the viewing options, This is a huge help.

Thank you!!!

Google drive downloads are smooth and work great on a Mac.

Much appreciated!

8 minutes ago, ddwjr said:

Thank you!!!

Google drive downloads are smooth and work great on a Mac.

Much appreciated!

I very quickly hit the daily google drive limit so you have to get in early or use the torrent.
If you find you cannot download from google drive you can click the add to your drive in the top right then download or watch from your own google drive.