• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Rudder_NZ

Race Replays

885 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, TeamLeader said:

A single video can't have two different PAR's & resolutions.

Sure it can.  A transport stream is a multiplex that can contain multiple video and audio streams.  If you live in the USA and get broadcast TV, those sub-channels like 7-1, 7-2, 7-3, where 7-1 is the main network and 7-2, 7-3, and so on are non-HD channels like GetTV or ThisTV, etc., are all being broadcast on a single transport stream.  That can be captured to a file, and it's got different different video streams at different resolutions.  A better player will let you select which stream to play.  A lesser player will just play whatever is first in the PAT.

Even a single video stream can be present in multiple resolutions at the same time.  See the Spatial scalability extension in section 7.7 of ISO13818-2 (MPEG2 video).  Of course that's not in the main profile and no one uses it.

As for a single program in a transport stream changing resolution, there's no rule that says it can't.  It's a streaming format so there is no single header that describes the resolution in one place.  When a digital TV changes channels, it starts decoding the transport stream at whatever frame happened to be getting broadcast at the time it went to that channel.  It's jumping into the middle of the stream without any access to what was broadcast before.  So how could the resolution of an earlier part of the video stream that the TV never sees make any difference?

Got any links to day 4???

Rudder - bloody well done mate. 

Thread drift to deride the AC organisation mess...

The AC app doesn't have enough reviews (for all versions) to yet give a rating...

The internet indicates an app requires 6 (six) ratings to generate this info. Is it possible that this has been such a success that fewer than six people on the planet have bothered to download and give it a rating despite being at this stage of the regatta?

IMG_0721.PNG

2 hours ago, HFC Hunter said:

Thread drift to deride the AC organisation mess...

The AC app doesn't have enough reviews (for all versions) to yet give a rating...

The internet indicates an app requires 6 (six) ratings to generate this info. Is it possible that this has been such a success that fewer than six people on the planet have bothered to download and give it a rating despite being at this stage of the regatta?

IMG_0721.PNG

Perhaps six of us should rate it now... I'll go first.

45 minutes ago, jjhplus9 said:

Perhaps six of us should rate it now... I'll go first.

I rated it and the entire coverage with 1 star. Completely awful. There were many ratings. Maybe they have a new version out. 

9 minutes ago, frostbit said:

I rated it and the entire coverage with 1 star. Completely awful. There were many ratings. Maybe they have a new version out. 

Yes there were 20 ratings when I submitted mine

On Android, the app just started charging users for using the live stream.. $5 for the QQ2 and the Challenger Series, no word on how much you're supposed to cough up for the Cup itself..

6 hours ago, Jim Caldwell said:

Got any links to day 4???

Try page 2 of this thread.

Freakin' awesome work Rudder, thank you muchly....

Thanks Rudder, enjoyed catching up on today's races.

1 hour ago, InnerVoid said:

As always thanks ;) and the seeds/peers are looking pretty good for all the torrents are the moment ;)

Running 4 seed-boxes myself now so it distributes much faster off the bat.  

Rudder you are a legend, google drive works great on mac. 

Cheers and keep it up !!!!

Great job Rudder NZ .. that British French race  was close ... so what do you drink? and where can we send it ?

50 minutes ago, TimBits said:

Great job Rudder NZ .. that British French race  was close ... so what do you drink? and where can we send it ?

Agreed - or funds? (Might be easier from Canada) Maple Syrup? :)

What does it mean if qtorrent shows 'Stalled' in the Status column?

Don't know how to 'unstall it', so I'm downloading the files from the google drive.

If anyone can help me use qtorrent, I would appreciate it.

qtorrent stalled.JPG

I haven't used that app but as a guess I'd right click on it and then 'resume' or any similar command.

43 minutes ago, JaySea said:

Don't know how to 'unstall it', so I'm downloading the files from the google drive.

qtorrent stalled.JPG

How long has it been stalled for? Perhaps close qtorrent and reopen.

Let me add my sincere appreciation too, really great to be able to see the races.  Good on ya mate!

Yeah, speaking as a lurker...thanks so much Rudder.

1 hour ago, JaySea said:

qtorrent stalled.JPG

A 'stall' means it has either run out of Seeds/Peers or it can't find any, very normal for new or starting a torrent for it to appear stalled, since we're 53/21 at the moment there are plenty.

Bloody brilliant.  Thanks so much!!!

8 hours ago, westdickerly said:

Thanks so much Rudder, you're a legend! Such a PITA with Sky coverage and no Prime TV replays... Works really nicely transferring to Google Drive :)

many thanks 

8 hours ago, Rudder_NZ said:

Running 4 seed-boxes myself now so it distributes much faster off the bat.  

Thanks mate.  First time I have had a good experience with torrents.  Awesome way to go.

8 hours ago, Axyl said:

Yeah, speaking as a lurker...thanks so much Rudder.

Welcome Axel... now if you've been lurking then you know what's expected...

Outstanding work Rudder_NZ. 

MVP of the Forums this year.

Rudder, thanks. We get no coverage here in this neck of the woods at all.

Onya.

thanks, rudder!

initially the torrent client couldn't find any peers as described by some above,
but when i added the following to the list of trackers it took off!

udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969
udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969

i'll keep seeding

1 hour ago, garpgarp said:

i'll keep seeding

Me too.

I cannot thank RudderNZ enough for posting the races!  I have found no other way for me to get the complete coverage of the races than the GoogleDrive links.  They work perfectly in all ways. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

20 minutes ago, james3232 said:

Any chance of encoding as avi or something? If not, I could?

ffmpeg -i input.ts -acodec copy -vcodec copy out.mp4

if you know what youre doing

Don't have time to as generally I'm rushing out the door to work so upload as quick as possible

3 hours ago, nav said:

Looks like someone is re-hosting my recordings on youtube. I was excited because I thought they may have the prestart penalty I missed

2 minutes ago, daan62 said:

was able to watch live on: https://www.vipleague.me/sports/water-sports.html

LESSON FROM THE PAST: DO NOT INSTALL THEIR APPLICATION!!!!!

JUST WATCH ONLINE, CLOSE ALL THE POPPUPS AND TRUST YOUR ANTI VIRUSSOFTWARE

If you want to watch live pay the small amount and get FABIPTV. That is the source I am using for the recordings

Fantastic Rudder! 

Anyone have issues playing USA v Artemis race? 

Myself & a friend on a different device were unable to play it, but NZ race played fine.. 

Maybe the Google Drive .ts download file gets overloaded (if thats possible). 

Excellent!  Waiting each day to grab and seed these.  Many thanks!

9 hours ago, garpgarp said:

thanks, rudder!

initially the torrent client couldn't find any peers as described by some above,
but when i added the following to the list of trackers it took off!

udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969
udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969

i'll keep seeding

That worked for me!  Thanks for the fix.  I was thinking the lack of a tracker was the issue, but didn't know how to fix it.  Just have to add those to each torrent and then they download quite well.

Will Keep seeding for at least the next few months.  Thanks Rudder!

Thanks Rudder_NZ for the posts!

Do you mind posting up the correct google drive link to SWEDEN vs JAPAN?

The posted link is a repeat of ARTEMIS vs USA

1 hour ago, waterboy42 said:

Fantastic Rudder! 

Anyone have issues playing USA v Artemis race? 

Myself & a friend on a different device were unable to play it, but NZ race played fine.. 

Maybe the Google Drive .ts download file gets overloaded (if thats possible). 

Same here.

NZL races all good.

Cheers Rudder.

31 minutes ago, taylorb said:

Thanks Rudder_NZ for the posts!

Do you mind posting up the correct google drive link to SWEDEN vs JAPAN?

The posted link is a repeat of ARTEMIS vs USA

Same for me Rudder-NZ, dying to see the ART Barker replay.

So appreciative of your sharing and if your'e ever in the BOI i will shout you beer or three.

3 hours ago, Rudder_NZ said:

If you want to watch live pay the small amount and get FABIPTV. That is the source I am using for the recordings

Rudder_NZ - I've checked out FABIPTV, do you just sign up and stream there? I'm happy to pay what seems to be a small amount... 

So for the Semifinals June 6-8, the racing is not broadcast on NBC SN. Only the app is available.

What is the best way to record and get the coverage like we've been seeing? 

Are we supposed to watch this on our phones?

June 6 Louis Vuitton America’s Cup Challenger Playoff Semifinals: NBC Sports App 1 p.m.

June 7 Louis Vuitton America’s Cup Challenger Playoff Semifinals: NBC Sports App 1 p.m.

June 8 Louis Vuitton America’s Cup Challenger Playoff Semifinals: NBC Sports App 1 p.m

Based in Bay Area

Rudder_NZ,  can you provide the correct the link for the Sweden vs Japan race.  Currently, it's a repeat of the  Sweden Vs US race.   Thanks and you are doing a great job!

23 minutes ago, jshear said:

Rudder_NZ,  can you provide the correct the link for the Sweden vs Japan race.  Currently, it's a repeat of the  Sweden Vs US race.   Thanks and you are doing a great job!

It's correct in the torrent if you can just download that. You should be able to select individual races from within the torrent too if you just need the one.

37 minutes ago, johnmoon said:

So for the Semifinals June 6-8, the racing is not broadcast on NBC SN. Only the app is available.

What is the best way to record and get the coverage like we've been seeing? 

Are we supposed to watch this on our phones?

June 6 Louis Vuitton America’s Cup Challenger Playoff Semifinals: NBC Sports App 1 p.m.

June 7 Louis Vuitton America’s Cup Challenger Playoff Semifinals: NBC Sports App 1 p.m.

June 8 Louis Vuitton America’s Cup Challenger Playoff Semifinals: NBC Sports App 1 p.m

Based in Bay Area

I use FABIPTV and the BT Sports 1 HD stream. I assume BT Sport will still broadcast or we may be in some trouble. 

1 hour ago, naturalhighNZ said:

Rudder_NZ - I've checked out FABIPTV, do you just sign up and stream there? I'm happy to pay what seems to be a small amount... 

Yup. They email you a browser link or you can set it up on Kodi, VLC or Plex etc. 

I got this far!

What happens next?

Should it play from that location?

Screenshot_20170603-112125.png

A 50min summary vid of yesterday…

The Parker Hannifin commercial kicks in at just after 12mins - is a swift overview of what’s included to control the USA flying boats – then  a blonde does foils with Groupama after that segment, then skip to the comedy at the post racing skipper debrief,  supplied by Deano and Pete…

All eyes on Oracle v ETNZ later today…  for a good idea of which team needs to develop more, course conditions being more wind equal/stable.

If you can link to that play-off RudderNZ  your leaching acolytes will be best pleased.

19 hours ago, Rudder_NZ said:

thanks! i'll have a look at it.

^ the web browser works great, but if you're serious about it long-term pick up an Android box or even a MAG 254 (they're dirt cheap) which will get you closer to a native set-top cable experience.  We cut the cable a couple of years back and with Netflix + Amazon Prime + Exodus + IPTV we haven't looked back. 

Excellent, thanks.
Downloading and seeding Day7 now

Rudder! Thanks a million!

On 6/1/2017 at 5:57 PM, Rudder_NZ said:

How long has it been stalled for? Perhaps close qtorrent and reopen.

I was able to watch the NBC Sports Network broadcast, so stepped away for a few days.

garpgarp posted some trackers (on Friday)

I added them and did a 'force reannounce to all trackers'  - that move got it started again. 

On 6/1/2017 at 6:26 PM, InnerVoid said:

A 'stall' means it has either run out of Seeds/Peers or it can't find any, very normal for new or starting a torrent for it to appear stalled, since we're 53/21 at the moment there are plenty.

Thanks InnerVoid for the explanation.

I was able to watch the NBC Sports Network broadcast, so stepped away for a few days.

garpgarp posted some trackers (on Friday)

I added them and did a 'force reannounce to all trackers'  - that move got it started again. 

A big Thank You to Rudder, and everyone else on this thread. 

But I feel confident that I won't miss anything if I can't continue watching live.

I'm a newbie when it comes to bittorrent, and am very grateful for all the help I've gotten here to get my feet wet.

Rudder, thank you again for the google links!  I'm torrent ignorant and don't have time at the moment to learn it  - so the google links are perfect.  Keep them coming please!  Great work!

Since i had to log in to get the torrent; thank you Rudder!

currently downloading at 3mb/sec.  never seen such a fast torrent.

Will there be a  torrent for today's broadcast (even with no sailing) ?

7 hours ago, JaySea said:

Will there be a  torrent for today's broadcast (even with no sailing) ?

Sorry. Nothing for today. As soon as I woke up and saw the forecast I went back to sleep. 

do you have any of the first races?

This source will be great. I have NBC and NBCSN for most of the live racing, but I can't access the semis on the NBC Sports app, so I am blind for the next four race days. I'll be checking in here for the semis. Thanks!

3 hours ago, basketcase said:

Nothing from day 1. All the other races are on the earlier pages

Just now, Rudder_NZ said:

Nothing from day 1. All the other races are on the earlier pages

thanks mate

3 hours ago, basketcase said:

Clean wrote somewhere else that all races are on YouTube now, but he hasn't posted the links

1 minute ago, Rennmaus said:

Clean wrote somewhere else that all races are on YouTube now, but he hasn't posted the links

I think someone used my torrent and then put them on youtube so they probably don't have race day 1 either. They were called Crazy Sailor. It looks like their account has been taken down.

2 minutes ago, Rudder_NZ said:

I think someone used my torrent and then put them on youtube so they probably don't have race day 1 either. They were called Crazy Sailor. It looks like their account has been taken down.

Got it.

Another way (I haven't watched them, hence rely on the titles):
All races here, but with German (Austrian) common tree:
http://www.servustv.com/de/Videos/America-s-Cup
Maybe you need a German IP address