Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, TeamLeader said:

A single video can't have two different PAR's & resolutions.

Sure it can.  A transport stream is a multiplex that can contain multiple video and audio streams.  If you live in the USA and get broadcast TV, those sub-channels like 7-1, 7-2, 7-3, where 7-1 is the main network and 7-2, 7-3, and so on are non-HD channels like GetTV or ThisTV, etc., are all being broadcast on a single transport stream.  That can be captured to a file, and it's got different different video streams at different resolutions.  A better player will let you select which stream to play.  A lesser player will just play whatever is first in the PAT.

Even a single video stream can be present in multiple resolutions at the same time.  See the Spatial scalability extension in section 7.7 of ISO13818-2 (MPEG2 video).  Of course that's not in the main profile and no one uses it.

As for a single program in a transport stream changing resolution, there's no rule that says it can't.  It's a streaming format so there is no single header that describes the resolution in one place.  When a digital TV changes channels, it starts decoding the transport stream at whatever frame happened to be getting broadcast at the time it went to that channel.  It's jumping into the middle of the stream without any access to what was broadcast before.  So how could the resolution of an earlier part of the video stream that the TV never sees make any difference?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thread drift to deride the AC organisation mess...

The AC app doesn't have enough reviews (for all versions) to yet give a rating...

The internet indicates an app requires 6 (six) ratings to generate this info. Is it possible that this has been such a success that fewer than six people on the planet have bothered to download and give it a rating despite being at this stage of the regatta?

IMG_0721.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HFC Hunter said:

Thread drift to deride the AC organisation mess...

The AC app doesn't have enough reviews (for all versions) to yet give a rating...

The internet indicates an app requires 6 (six) ratings to generate this info. Is it possible that this has been such a success that fewer than six people on the planet have bothered to download and give it a rating despite being at this stage of the regatta?

IMG_0721.PNG

Perhaps six of us should rate it now... I'll go first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, jjhplus9 said:

Perhaps six of us should rate it now... I'll go first.

I rated it and the entire coverage with 1 star. Completely awful. There were many ratings. Maybe they have a new version out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, frostbit said:

I rated it and the entire coverage with 1 star. Completely awful. There were many ratings. Maybe they have a new version out. 

Yes there were 20 ratings when I submitted mine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, InnerVoid said:

As always thanks ;) and the seeds/peers are looking pretty good for all the torrents are the moment ;)

Running 4 seed-boxes myself now so it distributes much faster off the bat.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great job Rudder NZ .. that British French race  was close ... so what do you drink? and where can we send it ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, TimBits said:

Great job Rudder NZ .. that British French race  was close ... so what do you drink? and where can we send it ?

Agreed - or funds? (Might be easier from Canada) Maple Syrup? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What does it mean if qtorrent shows 'Stalled' in the Status column?

Don't know how to 'unstall it', so I'm downloading the files from the google drive.

If anyone can help me use qtorrent, I would appreciate it.

 

qtorrent stalled.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, JaySea said:

What does it mean if qtorrent shows 'Stalled' in the Status column?

Don't know how to 'unstall it', so I'm downloading the files from the google drive.

If anyone can help me use qtorrent, I would appreciate it.

 

qtorrent stalled.JPG

How long has it been stalled for? Perhaps close qtorrent and reopen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JaySea said:

What does it mean if qtorrent shows 'Stalled' in the Status column?

Don't know how to 'unstall it', so I'm downloading the files from the google drive.

If anyone can help me use qtorrent, I would appreciate it.

 

qtorrent stalled.JPG

A 'stall' means it has either run out of Seeds/Peers or it can't find any, very normal for new or starting a torrent for it to appear stalled, since we're 53/21 at the moment there are plenty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, westdickerly said:

Thanks so much Rudder, you're a legend! Such a PITA with Sky coverage and no Prime TV replays... Works really nicely transferring to Google Drive :)

many thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rudder_NZ said:

Running 4 seed-boxes myself now so it distributes much faster off the bat.  

Thanks mate.  First time I have had a good experience with torrents.  Awesome way to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Axyl said:

Yeah, speaking as a lurker...thanks so much Rudder.

Welcome Axel... now if you've been lurking then you know what's expected...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rudder, thanks. We get no coverage here in this neck of the woods at all.

Onya.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks, rudder!

initially the torrent client couldn't find any peers as described by some above,
but when i added the following to the list of trackers it took off!

udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969
udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969

i'll keep seeding

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot thank RudderNZ enough for posting the races!  I have found no other way for me to get the complete coverage of the races than the GoogleDrive links.  They work perfectly in all ways. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, james3232 said:

Any chance of encoding as avi or something? If not, I could?

ffmpeg -i input.ts -acodec copy -vcodec copy out.mp4

if you know what youre doing

Don't have time to as generally I'm rushing out the door to work so upload as quick as possible

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, daan62 said:

was able to watch live on: https://www.vipleague.me/sports/water-sports.html

 

LESSON FROM THE PAST: DO NOT INSTALL THEIR APPLICATION!!!!!

JUST WATCH ONLINE, CLOSE ALL THE POPPUPS AND TRUST YOUR ANTI VIRUSSOFTWARE

If you want to watch live pay the small amount and get FABIPTV. That is the source I am using for the recordings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic Rudder! 

Anyone have issues playing USA v Artemis race? 

Myself & a friend on a different device were unable to play it, but NZ race played fine.. 

Maybe the Google Drive .ts download file gets overloaded (if thats possible). 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, garpgarp said:

thanks, rudder!

initially the torrent client couldn't find any peers as described by some above,
but when i added the following to the list of trackers it took off!

udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969
udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969

i'll keep seeding

That worked for me!  Thanks for the fix.  I was thinking the lack of a tracker was the issue, but didn't know how to fix it.  Just have to add those to each torrent and then they download quite well.

 

Will Keep seeding for at least the next few months.  Thanks Rudder!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Rudder_NZ for the posts!

Do you mind posting up the correct google drive link to SWEDEN vs JAPAN?

The posted link is a repeat of ARTEMIS vs USA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, waterboy42 said:

Fantastic Rudder! 

Anyone have issues playing USA v Artemis race? 

Myself & a friend on a different device were unable to play it, but NZ race played fine.. 

Maybe the Google Drive .ts download file gets overloaded (if thats possible). 

 

Same here.

NZL races all good.

Cheers Rudder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, taylorb said:

Thanks Rudder_NZ for the posts!

Do you mind posting up the correct google drive link to SWEDEN vs JAPAN?

The posted link is a repeat of ARTEMIS vs USA

Same for me Rudder-NZ, dying to see the ART Barker replay.

So appreciative of your sharing and if your'e ever in the BOI i will shout you beer or three.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rudder_NZ said:

If you want to watch live pay the small amount and get FABIPTV. That is the source I am using for the recordings

Rudder_NZ - I've checked out FABIPTV, do you just sign up and stream there? I'm happy to pay what seems to be a small amount... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So for the Semifinals June 6-8, the racing is not broadcast on NBC SN. Only the app is available.

What is the best way to record and get the coverage like we've been seeing? 

Are we supposed to watch this on our phones?

June 6 Louis Vuitton America’s Cup Challenger Playoff Semifinals: NBC Sports App 1 p.m.

June 7 Louis Vuitton America’s Cup Challenger Playoff Semifinals: NBC Sports App 1 p.m.

June 8 Louis Vuitton America’s Cup Challenger Playoff Semifinals: NBC Sports App 1 p.m

 

Based in Bay Area

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rudder_NZ,  can you provide the correct the link for the Sweden vs Japan race.  Currently, it's a repeat of the  Sweden Vs US race.   Thanks and you are doing a great job!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, jshear said:

Rudder_NZ,  can you provide the correct the link for the Sweden vs Japan race.  Currently, it's a repeat of the  Sweden Vs US race.   Thanks and you are doing a great job!

It's correct in the torrent if you can just download that. You should be able to select individual races from within the torrent too if you just need the one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, jshear said:

Rudder_NZ,  can you provide the correct the link for the Sweden vs Japan race.  Currently, it's a repeat of the  Sweden Vs US race.   Thanks and you are doing a great job!

Sorry. Didn't notice that. Been out walking the dog all morning. Here is the Sweden vs Japan link
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxIm00ZuX5lXcTF6ZHh0ZGhOM00

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, johnmoon said:

So for the Semifinals June 6-8, the racing is not broadcast on NBC SN. Only the app is available.

What is the best way to record and get the coverage like we've been seeing? 

Are we supposed to watch this on our phones?

June 6 Louis Vuitton America’s Cup Challenger Playoff Semifinals: NBC Sports App 1 p.m.

June 7 Louis Vuitton America’s Cup Challenger Playoff Semifinals: NBC Sports App 1 p.m.

June 8 Louis Vuitton America’s Cup Challenger Playoff Semifinals: NBC Sports App 1 p.m

 

Based in Bay Area

I use FABIPTV and the BT Sports 1 HD stream. I assume BT Sport will still broadcast or we may be in some trouble. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, naturalhighNZ said:

Rudder_NZ - I've checked out FABIPTV, do you just sign up and stream there? I'm happy to pay what seems to be a small amount... 

Yup. They email you a browser link or you can set it up on Kodi, VLC or Plex etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A 50min summary vid of yesterday…

The Parker Hannifin commercial kicks in at just after 12mins - is a swift overview of what’s included to control the USA flying boats – then  a blonde does foils with Groupama after that segment, then skip to the comedy at the post racing skipper debrief,  supplied by Deano and Pete…

All eyes on Oracle v ETNZ later today…  for a good idea of which team needs to develop more, course conditions being more wind equal/stable.

If you can link to that play-off RudderNZ  your leaching acolytes will be best pleased.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Rudder_NZ said:

If you want to watch live pay the small amount and get FABIPTV. That is the source I am using for the recordings

thanks! i'll have a look at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ the web browser works great, but if you're serious about it long-term pick up an Android box or even a MAG 254 (they're dirt cheap) which will get you closer to a native set-top cable experience.  We cut the cable a couple of years back and with Netflix + Amazon Prime + Exodus + IPTV we haven't looked back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2017 at 5:57 PM, Rudder_NZ said:

How long has it been stalled for? Perhaps close qtorrent and reopen.

I was able to watch the NBC Sports Network broadcast, so stepped away for a few days.

garpgarp posted some trackers (on Friday)

I added them and did a 'force reannounce to all trackers'  - that move got it started again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2017 at 6:26 PM, InnerVoid said:

A 'stall' means it has either run out of Seeds/Peers or it can't find any, very normal for new or starting a torrent for it to appear stalled, since we're 53/21 at the moment there are plenty.

Thanks InnerVoid for the explanation.

I was able to watch the NBC Sports Network broadcast, so stepped away for a few days.

garpgarp posted some trackers (on Friday)

I added them and did a 'force reannounce to all trackers'  - that move got it started again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A big Thank You to Rudder, and everyone else on this thread. 

I was able to watch the NBC Sports Network broadcast, so stepped away for a few days.

But I feel confident that I won't miss anything if I can't continue watching live.

I'm a newbie when it comes to bittorrent, and am very grateful for all the help I've gotten here to get my feet wet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rudder, thank you again for the google links!  I'm torrent ignorant and don't have time at the moment to learn it  - so the google links are perfect.  Keep them coming please!  Great work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since i had to log in to get the torrent; thank you Rudder!

currently downloading at 3mb/sec.  never seen such a fast torrent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JaySea said:

Will there be a  torrent for today's broadcast (even with no sailing) ?

 

Sorry. Nothing for today. As soon as I woke up and saw the forecast I went back to sleep. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites