The media crew was pretty boneheaded not just on access, but Aberdeen putting in their main advertising package after BAR was eliminated.  GEE   I really want to go with those winners for my investments!

F1 or not, the commercialization of this thing is just nor running smooth.  They should be working to make the audience so happy that hey wan't to be associated with their brands... not pissed off at them for restricting access.

Hey Team ... don't you think it is time that Sky broadcast the finals Free to Air or at least Prime did a replay from 7 am each race day... I have written to Sky and Prime to see if they might actually have a tiny touch of national pride and stop thinking of the almighty $... also the PM ... maybe the Government could chip in a bit to make it free for ALL KIWI's to watch ... like in the red sox days ?

So we should all bombard Sky and Prime and see if we can guilt them into a little national pride ... here is the link ....https://skytv.custhelp.com/app/contactus/emailus/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDk3MzIwMDQ2L3NpZC9mVXpSWlcxbDEzV1AzSkkxc3RqT3hxMXZ4bUUlN0VnbXh4VFJJMHZuU1BNQ3h1WmIxWFY4MEs3V0ZFdzI0TGpCckZWX2NpaTB5VFZBcTl4NXRsdzRKMU9keW55M0wzVkI4R0lBdndnVm10TDU3dHNaWWNKYnY5bFBpQSUyMSUyMQ%3D%3D

Sorted the (Download quota Exceeded) issue.
Add Rudder_NZs,, Drive link, to Your Google drive..
Right click and make a copy.. Which will then download to view on VLC or whatever..
Go the Kiwis................

Sky announced this morning, replays of the finals will be on Prime from 6.30am each race day.........................

56 minutes ago, Finnfart said:

F1 or not, the commercialization of this thing is just nor running smooth.  They should be working to make the audience so happy that hey wan't to be associated with their brands... not pissed off at them for restricting access.

Everyone involved is only there for the very short term. Nobody is playing the long game or looking to build a long lasting legacy. Unfortunately that's the way of the world these days and you're not going to change it. It's not just sailing, it's every sport. Fast four tennis, Twenty/20 cricket (or as it's become officially known because 'Twenty/20' was too high brow for modern generations - Big Bash), the ridiculously juvenile named V8 Supercar racing, E-Sports (whatever the F that is) and just about every other sport you can possibly think of. They've all been dumbed-down to be as short as possible and pack as much 'action' in all the time at the expense of strategy, patience & tactics. To appeal to the ADHD generation, it has to be all-action, dancing girls, fireworks and explosions ALL the time. Every sport these days is trying to become the equivalent of Stadium Monster Truck Racing with a heavy does of WWE thrown in on top. If it doesn't make a 4 y.o. boy stand up on his chair and scream in excitement until he's blue in the face, then it doesn't count.

This is the market the America's Cup is trying to tap because everyone involved wants to become multi-millionaires as quickly as possible and then leave. They've concluded the fastest way of achieving this is to sell it off to pay-TV broadcasters as much as possible using the success of the San Francisco event as the selling brochure. It's classic 'pump+dump' strategy used in the stock market. The pump was the unexpected success of the San Fran 2013 cup, now we're experiencing the dump part of the cycle where everyone cashes in but what's left of the commodity afterwards is an empty husk of nothing. Nobody will care about that though because they'll all move on to become property developers building holiday resorts in Miami.

One thing's for sure, ETNZ will not beat Oracle no matter what happens. Larry Ellison can't let NZ mess up all the above plans after the years he's put in lining the nest for his mates Russell, Iain & Jimmy, no, no no. Mark my words, when we see Oracle again at the start of the finals, they will have a completely new boat. It will have the same cyclor pump system that NZ has now, it will have the inverted gullwing F4U Vought Corsair foils and they will probably change 3/4 of the crew for US Olympic cyclists trained by Lance Armstrong & the 'doctors' from the US Postal Service Tour de France race team.

Even if all that doesn't work, they'll just do what they did in San Francisco 4 years ago and change the rules of the game mid-way through the event from a best of 13 races to a best of however many races it takes until Jimmy is in the lead and then it's over. It's not as ridiculous as it sounds. That's exactly what happened in 2013. Right up until ETNZ got to their 8-1 lead, it was widely and loudly reported it was a best of 17 race series. Then someone actually sat down and worked out the mathematics of what 8 race wins to NZ meant in a best of 17 race series with a 2 point penalty to the other competitor for cheating and realised it meant NZ had already won mathematically as there weren't enough races left for the US to get more points. At that stage, no-one heard the words '17 race series' ever again and it very quietly became a 19 race series instead. It's very hard to kick goals when one competitor has your posts and runs away with them just as you're lining up to take a kick.

Don't be at all surprised if this 'best of 13 race' finals becomes a 15, 17 or even another 19 race series by the time they're done. It'll be however many it takes for Jimmy to take the lead, then it'll be the 'Greatest Sporting Comeback Moment in History' all over again. Manufactured excitement like only modern sports can do!

56 minutes ago, Kiwis4Kiwis said:
Sorted the (Download quota Exceeded) issue.
Add Rudder_NZs,, Drive link, to Your Google drive..
Right click and make a copy.. Which will then download to view on VLC or whatever..
Go the Kiwis................

Sky announced this morning, replays of the finals will be on Prime from 6.30am each race day.........................

copy that.  It worked!  Thanks.

Can someone help me understand how to watch these files? I clicked on the first race today and the link opened and played the race just fine, but the second race opens and just says "unable to process this file".

Any help would be much appreciated, I have no other way to watch the races and I really appreciate the efforts people have made here.

I got tired of the Googledrive overloads and installed uTorrent.  This is the first time I've tried bit torrent, but it works just fine.  My son tells me that uTorrent isn't what the cool kids are using, but it serves me well for getting (and seeding) Rudder's uploads.

Thanks Kiwis4Kiwis your'e awesome (and smart) it's now downloading. Been trying options on and off since this race ran this morning

many thanks to rudder nz

i'm sad! i can watch all the race until number 7, but n. 8 no way!!! 

if i open google drive can't add or download the link :-(

will try later, but if you can help...

Boy Team Leader you must have taken too many cynic pills this AM -:)

22 minutes ago, TimBits said:

Boy Team Leader you must have taken too many cynic pills this AM -:)

What you call cynicism, I call realism with the volume turned up.

4 hours ago, marbr said:

many thanks to rudder nz

i'm sad! i can watch all the race until number 7, but n. 8 no way!!! 

if i open google drive can't add or download the link :-(

will try later, but if you can help...

Hi all

I'm like marbr here... apologies if I'm being thick but can't get this to work, so any assistance / tip will be appreciated.

Thanks

22 minutes ago, Joss said:

Hi all

I'm like marbr here... apologies if I'm being thick but can't get this to work, so any assistance / tip will be appreciated.

Thanks

I'm getting this message:

"Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.

Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator."

Thanks, that may be the reason then.

Ok  "Joss" and "Shunda77"  I'll try again to explain, cause Race 8 is really worth watching.
Click the recycle icon across the top of that page, ie (Add to my Drive)
Once you're in your Google drive, right click the file, scroll down to and click (Make a copy)  Right click that copy file, scroll down and click (Download)
You can then play the race on VLC or similar player..

Good luck..

Thanks for your help Kiwis4, it's much appreciated.

I'm sure it is worth watching indeed - funny thing is that the add to my drive icon does not appear (see screenshot).

Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 12.21.48.png

12 minutes ago, Joss said:

Thanks for your help Kiwis4, it's much appreciated.

I'm sure it is worth watching indeed - funny thing is that the add to my drive icon does not appear (see screenshot).

Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 12.21.48.png

Check your Google Drive folder for the file. The icon disappears from this page once you've added it to your Drive..

Found it, it's downloading. it's got a ts extension, let's see if that plays in VLC.

Thanks again...

38 minutes ago, Kiwis4Kiwis said:
Ok  "Joss" and "Shunda77"  I'll try again to explain, cause Race 8 is really worth watching.
Once you're in your Google drive, right click the file, scroll down to and click (Make a copy)  Right click that copy file, scroll down and click (Download)

Good luck..

i got it!!! :-)

thank you very much and go KIWI!!!

8 hours ago, TeamLeader said:

Everyone involved is only there for the very short term. Nobody is playing the long game or looking to build a long lasting legacy. Unfortunately that's the way of the world these days and you're not going to change it. It's not just sailing, it's every sport. Fast four tennis, Twenty/20 cricket (or as it's become officially known because 'Twenty/20' was too high brow for modern generations - Big Bash), the ridiculously juvenile named V8 Supercar racing, E-Sports (whatever the F that is) and just about every other sport you can possibly think of. They've all been dumbed-down to be as short as possible and pack as much 'action' in all the time at the expense of strategy, patience & tactics. To appeal to the ADHD generation, it has to be all-action, dancing girls, fireworks and explosions ALL the time. Every sport these days is trying to become the equivalent of Stadium Monster Truck Racing with a heavy does of WWE thrown in on top. If it doesn't make a 4 y.o. boy stand up on his chair and scream in excitement until he's blue in the face, then it doesn't count.

This is the market the America's Cup is trying to tap because everyone involved wants to become multi-millionaires as quickly as possible and then leave. They've concluded the fastest way of achieving this is to sell it off to pay-TV broadcasters as much as possible using the success of the San Francisco event as the selling brochure. It's classic 'pump+dump' strategy used in the stock market. The pump was the unexpected success of the San Fran 2013 cup, now we're experiencing the dump part of the cycle where everyone cashes in but what's left of the commodity afterwards is an empty husk of nothing. Nobody will care about that though because they'll all move on to become property developers building holiday resorts in Miami.

One thing's for sure, ETNZ will not beat Oracle no matter what happens. Larry Ellison can't let NZ mess up all the above plans after the years he's put in lining the nest for his mates Russell, Iain & Jimmy, no, no no. Mark my words, when we see Oracle again at the start of the finals, they will have a completely new boat. It will have the same cyclor pump system that NZ has now, it will have the inverted gullwing F4U Vought Corsair foils and they will probably change 3/4 of the crew for US Olympic cyclists trained by Lance Armstrong & the 'doctors' from the US Postal Service Tour de France race team.

Even if all that doesn't work, they'll just do what they did in San Francisco 4 years ago and change the rules of the game mid-way through the event from a best of 13 races to a best of however many races it takes until Jimmy is in the lead and then it's over. It's not as ridiculous as it sounds. That's exactly what happened in 2013. Right up until ETNZ got to their 8-1 lead, it was widely and loudly reported it was a best of 17 race series. Then someone actually sat down and worked out the mathematics of what 8 race wins to NZ meant in a best of 17 race series with a 2 point penalty to the other competitor for cheating and realised it meant NZ had already won mathematically as there weren't enough races left for the US to get more points. At that stage, no-one heard the words '17 race series' ever again and it very quietly became a 19 race series instead. It's very hard to kick goals when one competitor has your posts and runs away with them just as you're lining up to take a kick.

Don't be at all surprised if this 'best of 13 race' finals becomes a 15, 17 or even another 19 race series by the time they're done. It'll be however many it takes for Jimmy to take the lead, then it'll be the 'Greatest Sporting Comeback Moment in History' all over again. Manufactured excitement like only modern sports can do!

Haha...well argued.:)

3 minutes ago, marbr said:

i got it!!! :-)

thank you very much and go KIWI!!!

Same here, very grateful to Kiwis4Kiwis and Rudder. And go TNZ.

I'm half waiting for this news report: a local man was discovered last night in ETNZ's boat shed while he was hack-sawing one of ETNZ's race foils. He was detained by security guards. US$10,000 in cash was discovered in the small backpack he was wearing.

A few rough edges might help set up a boundary layer and make it go faster ... just like golf balls have dimples  maybe we can prepare a secret tech report and sell it to Oracle as ETNZ's latest weapon and Jimmy will get the boys from Warkworth to "dent up" the hull ...-:)    anyway he might do us a favour as those tips are "way to long" 

:D:Dgood job KIWIS:D:D

we all hope for a good weather during FINAL CUP trophy RACES.... strong winds....so the California weather mess will not repeat.. as majority of us here on the islands

are KIWI fans

BTW.. these are kiwis too    ahoj  to all

kiwis.jpg

14 hours ago, Kiwis4Kiwis said:

Good luck..

Well worth another look.

1. OR must be a bit worried about this last race.

2. Both ART and TNZ setup for light (set up the same)

3. Winds 6-11 knts - the expected AC strength. Winds fairly consistent.

4. TNZ just sailed away (like it was BAR they were racing) and yet ART were the second strongest challenger

6 hours ago, TimBits said:

A few rough edges might help set up a boundary layer and make it go faster ... just like golf balls have dimples  maybe we can prepare a secret tech report and sell it to Oracle as ETNZ's latest weapon and Jimmy will get the boys from Warkworth to "dent up" the hull ...-:)    anyway he might do us a favour as those tips are "way to long" 

Been done before. You may be too young to remember, but the adhesive turbulent boundary layer coating by 3M was Dennis Connor's 'winged keel' that reclaimed the America's Cup for him in 1987 in Fremantle.

You guys rock!! As self appointed spokesman for Canada let me thank you for making this available and for the technical advice to make it viewable. Incredible!!

Thanks

Great work rudderNZ, loved the 2013 event and was disappointed that it wasn't as simple as YouTube.

Now if only it would work properly on an iPad (or is that blasphemy?)..... 

can someone put all the torrent files in one post? I'm having trouble finding all of them and also downloading the magnet files seems to fail for me...

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

(i have a freenas server to seed from 24/7)

On 2017-6-15 at 10:46 PM, InstantBoat said:

can someone put all the torrent files in one post? I'm having trouble finding all of them and also downloading the magnet files seems to fail for me...

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

(i have a freenas server to seed from 24/7)

Qualifiers:

ACQualDay2&3.torrent

ACQualDay4.torrent

ACQualDay5.torrent

ACQualDay6.torrent

ACQualDay7.torrent

Semis:

ChallengerSemisDay1.torrent

ChallengerPlayoffDay2.torrent

ChallengerPlayoffDay3.torrent

AC_ChallengerSemi_D4.torrent

Finals:

ChallengerFinalDay2.torrent

ChallengerFinalDay3.torrent

The missing ones are magnet only or google drive etc.

Thanks again for your work Rudder.  My wife for some god unknown reason booked me out this afternoon so I couldn't watch live.  On a related note, anyone know a good divorce lawyer? :D

thank you Rudder. Absolute star. Feel free to re-use the endings for tomorrow's races (and the starts). 

Thanks Rudder well appreciated - wife and two dogs happily snoring beside me but I might catch a few more z s myself - smile on my face of course as one eyed kiwi!

Yes try to hold your excitement boys ... these are well ahead of the Prime reply 

Race 3 ?  many thanks for great work 

Just now, TimBits said:

Yes try to hold your excitement boy ... these are well ahead of the Prime reply 

Race 3 ?

Only 2 races today

downloading and seeding for EU

Arrr yes I was thinking of the semis ... just 2 per day in finals  just as well my ticker might not handle three of these 

Got up with my kids and their friends to watch this morning, but the prime channel was down :(

got out the laptop, and the world was good again. Many thanks Rudder!

49 minutes ago, Tornado807 said:

Should we be kick-starting some sort of legal defense funding for Mr. Rudder?? ;-)

You're anticipating something? I don't think you should be putting ideas in minds that might discourage someone from performing a brilliant service that so many of us are relying on. I don't think Rudder should change a thing he's doing. The quality is perfect, the duration is perfect, the distribution method is brilliant. Don't change a thing. Don't fix what isn't broken.

1 minute ago, TeamLeader said:

You're anticipating something? I don't think you should be putting ideas in minds that might discourage someone from performing a brilliant service that so many of us are relying on. I don't think Rudder should change a thing he's doing. The quality is perfect, the duration is perfect, the distribution method is brilliant. Don't change a thing. Don't fix what isn't broken.

Not trying to discourage....just making a joke on modern realities....

Rudder...I owe you a beer.  If you are EVER in the PNW, you let me know because this was fantastic.  Thank You!!!!!!!

For anyone still struggling with BitTorrent, I would like to highly recommend qTorrent as the choice client to download with. I was using µTorrent, but after multiple instances of the app just randomly deleting my entire downloads folder without a trace for no apparent reason necessitating the use of disk restoration/undelete software to get the data back (not even in Recycle Bin), I moved to Transmission recommended elsewhere in this thread. Transmission is not very user friendly and hides itself from traffic throttling software and firewalls too, making it very hard to configure how you want it with third party software. qTorrent solves both issues. It doesn't seem to behave in a manner completely out of user control like µTorrent does and it doesn't cloak itself from all the other traffic control software you may like to use in conjunction.

Anyone have rips of the NBC coverage? I'd like to hear Outteridge and Draper's take on it all.

And another 2 thumbs up from the PNW, almost in Canada, I am very thankful for being to see the races w/ no TV and living on the edge of the USA (fuel tank full on the S/V "Corbeau" and machete ready to cut lines and make a run for the Cheese Curtain(US Canada Border)) should our political shit get any weirder.  Good on ya mate!  Look forward to another day of action tomorrow and go you crazy Kiwi's.  THANK YOU...

Does not look like they liked them ...-:)

"AC35 Match: SAILING ILLUSTRATED reveals the ugly truth behind NBC's horrible Day 1 telecast

As knowledgeable and nice as Draper and Outteridge are, they are amateur acts when it comes to commentary, and had about as much energy and savoir faire as yesterday's clam chowder."

https://www.sailingillustrated.com/single-post/2017/06/17/AC35-Match-SAILING-ILLUSTRATED-reveals-the-ugly-truth-behind-NBCs-horrible-Day-1-telecast

Thanks Rudder for great work ... go ETNZ slightly stronger winds tomorrow by the look of it 

https://www.americascup.com/en/Bermuda_weather.html

4 hours ago, TeamLeader said:

For anyone still struggling with BitTorrent, I would like to highly recommend qTorrent as the choice client to download with. I was using µTorrent, but after multiple instances of the app just randomly deleting my entire downloads folder without a trace for no apparent reason necessitating the use of disk restoration/undelete software to get the data back (not even in Recycle Bin), I moved to Transmission recommended elsewhere in this thread. Transmission is not very user friendly and hides itself from traffic throttling software and firewalls too, making it very hard to configure how you want it with third party software. qTorrent solves both issues. It doesn't seem to behave in a manner completely out of user control like µTorrent does and it doesn't cloak itself from all the other traffic control software you may like to use in conjunction.

mmm, I use uTorrent, with no problems at all so far, on my mac. Should I be worried or is that an isolated issue. Do you use a Mac, Windows, tablet or what? 

Here is a Torrent of the Prime (NZ Free to Air replay of Sky coverage) which includes both races (day 1 -- Race 1 & 2) and all the talk before and after (Full 720x578 Satelite freeview Stream).  Also includes the few ads between races (sorry, can't really be bothered to edit them out).  Let me know if people want this and I can keep posting, but it will be much later than rudder's files as I have to wait to come home from work, pull files off my DVR, then upload to my seedbox and create the torrent.  I will be saving these for my own purpose, so not a big deal to post here if people want the files.  As file is big (about 1.5gb), I will not be providing google drive links.  This is my first time ever creating a torrent myself, so let me know if there are problems.  Using the same trackers as Rudder has been using:  udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969 udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969

America's Cup 35 - 2017 NZLvsUSA Day 1 Race 1-2.mkv.torrent

28 minutes ago, ibsailn said:

Here is a Torrent of the Prime (NZ Free to Air replay of Sky coverage) which includes both races (day 1 -- Race 1 & 2) and all the talk before and after (Full 720x578 Satelite freeview Stream).  Also includes the few ads between races (sorry, can't really be bothered to edit them out).  Let me know if people want this and I can keep posting, but it will be much later than rudder's files as I have to wait to come home from work, pull files off my DVR, then upload to my seedbox and create the torrent.  I will be saving these for my own purpose, so not a big deal to post here if people want the files.  As file is big (about 1.5gb), I will not be providing google drive links.  This is my first time ever creating a torrent myself, so let me know if there are problems.  Using the same trackers as Rudder has been using:  udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969 udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969

perfect. keep 'em coming.

Rudder's short race replays are perfect for the morning coffee before work routine, but the full replays inclusive commentary are great to watch with more time on hand after work. the races are so short, i don't mind watching them twice at all...

keep up the good work.

1 hour ago, gnelson said:

mmm, I use uTorrent, with no problems at all so far, on my mac. Should I be worried or is that an isolated issue. Do you use a Mac, Windows, tablet or what? 

W7 Ultmate x64. It's not an unknown issue if you google it, but I've been unable to find a definite cause. Could be AV, could be a bad Microshit update patch causing havoc. Just don't know. It was good for a long time working without a drama, but just recently this has started happening for no apparent reason. I have been applying update security patches recently though, so that's where I'm pointing the finger. I was also using a very old version of µTorrent too. The last one released as proper shareware before they sold out and the bloat started with embedded ads etc. I don't do ads, so that's another good reason to switch to qTorrent instead. It's still proper shareware for now with no built-in ad delivery BS.

As long as your install is working fine and not doing weird stuff, then I'd leave it well enough alone. Don't try and fix something that isn't broken.

43 minutes ago, ibsailn said:

Here is a Torrent of the Prime (NZ Free to Air replay of Sky coverage) which includes both races (day 1 -- Race 1 & 2) and all the talk before and after (Full 720x578 Satelite freeview Stream).  Also includes the few ads between races (sorry, can't really be bothered to edit them out).  Let me know if people want this

Yes please! I'll take this as well as Rudder's rips. Great to have a second backup source just in case anyway if Rudder has a problem down the track with his stream source or recording hardware. Don't worry about the ads, they can be chopped out losslessly easily enough afterwards. Time difference is no bother. Either way via Rudder rips or the FTA NZ Sky replay is very much a delayed watch for me long after it's actually happened anyway!

1 hour ago, ibsailn said:

Always good to have a backup sources especially at this end of the game, so thanks :)

4 hours ago, TimBits said:

Does not look like they liked them ...-:)

"AC35 Match: SAILING ILLUSTRATED reveals the ugly truth behind NBC's horrible Day 1 telecast

As knowledgeable and nice as Draper and Outteridge are, they are amateur acts when it comes to commentary, and had about as much energy and savoir faire as yesterday's clam chowder."

https://www.sailingillustrated.com/single-post/2017/06/17/AC35-Match-SAILING-ILLUSTRATED-reveals-the-ugly-truth-behind-NBCs-horrible-Day-1-telecast

I have to agree with them.  NO is a great interview, but I don't think he or CD are very good live commentators and Todd Harris is just annoying.  His insistence on dumbing things down and having the color commentators explain the most basic of things rather than calling what they're seeing is infuriating.  Non-sailors are not going to watch this so I don't know why NBC continue with this style of coverage.  Alastair and Ken on the other hand are a class act and seem to have great rapport - the Brit may not have a sailing background but he seems to have come up to speed pretty quickly and while Kenny sometimes gets the odd thing wrong, his enthusiasm and general sense of what the fuck is happening makes him a great color man IMO. 

2 hours ago, ezyb said:

I have to agree with them.  NO is a great interview, but I don't think he or CD are very good live commentators and Todd Harris is just annoying.  His insistence on dumbing things down and having the color commentators explain the most basic of things rather than calling what they're seeing is infuriating.  Non-sailors are not going to watch this so I don't know why NBC continue with this style of coverage.  Alastair and Ken on the other hand are a class act and seem to have great rapport - the Brit may not have a sailing background but he seems to have come up to speed pretty quickly and while Kenny sometimes gets the odd thing wrong, his enthusiasm and general sense of what the fuck is happening makes him a great color man IMO. 

I just wish to fuck Ken would learn how to say something like: "VMG is the component of your speed in the direction the wind is blowing", or (mostly true) "VMG is how fast you are moving towards the next mark"  rather than long winded non-explanations about angles etc that don't actually explain it.  It is an issue that comes up in every race so figure out a quick explanation and spare us all the waffling.

2 hours ago, Foyle said:

I just wish to fuck Ken would learn how to say something like: "VMG is the component of your speed in the direction the wind is blowing", or (mostly true) "VMG is how fast you are moving towards the next mark"  rather than long winded non-explanations about angles etc that don't actually explain it.  It is an issue that comes up in every race so figure out a quick explanation and spare us all the waffling.

Yup...or even if they actually stated "Velocity Made Good" would be helpful to newbies....

I've never like Ken Read as a broadcast person...very dreary to listen to. I recall when NZ hosted the cup many moons ago, they had a fantastic broadcaster....very excitable indeed! 

Hope someone can point us to a clip of those days... 

^ Perfect scenario would be to have NO as the third member of the global feed team.  They're miles ahead in quality and NO would be able to give his insight while Alastair and Ken do most of the filler crap

2 hours ago, Foyle said:

Baffles me why KR or any other pro could not summarise VMG succinctly as you just did, 

Six thirt ... Oh where oh where can the Rudder Be ?

hero! downloading and seeding now in EU

22 minutes ago, Tornado807 said:

Yup...or even if they actually stated "Velocity Made Good" would be helpful to newbies....

I've never like Ken Read as a broadcast person...very dreary to listen to. I recall when NZ hosted the cup many moons ago, they had a fantastic broadcaster....very excitable indeed! 

Hope someone can point us to a clip of those days... 

Oh - the joys of Peter Montgomery during the America's cup in NZ. He was so brilliant!! He's doing live coverage Radio Sport in NZ - so you can still catch him. 

http://www.sail-world.com/Australia/Americas-Cup---Live-Commentary-by-Peter-Montgomery-on-Radio-Sport/154028?source=google.ca

This race has a little of that excitement. 

Great stuff Rudder.... many thanks  It is hard to watch with America commentary  I miss Peter Lester and Martin Tasker and Pete 

1 hour ago, tui said:

Oh - the joys of Peter Montgomery during the America's cup in NZ. He was so brilliant!! He's doing live coverage Radio Sport in NZ - so you can still catch him. 

http://www.sail-world.com/Australia/Americas-Cup---Live-Commentary-by-Peter-Montgomery-on-Radio-Sport/154028?source=google.ca

This race has a little of that excitement. 

Thx Sir! That's the guy...Pete M. 

Wow...watching the monohull stuff again is just painful...slow-mo ballet ;-)

4 hours ago, Foyle said:

I paused the NBC broadcast a sec or two to sync with KR and the app, and for the first time listened to NO and CD some - was a nice change up, they're pretty decent and astute.