• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Many thanks to Rudder-NZ ... well done and thanks for getting up at 4.30 every morning for the last month and allowing us to watch this when the big TV bosses just want $'s and shut us out 

I think Free to Air is the only way to make this sport great again ... check out the press conference here ... interesting comments from Grant Dalton ... so this may be the end of foiling cats ...??  they are not really suited for Auckland's weather and sea state.

Wow, the losers have Jummy front for them.  The winners have friends.

thanks Rudder.

for the people who can't downoad from google drive, the torrents work fine. I know for a fact there are seeders for all of the actual cup torrents (-8

3 hours ago, Rudder_NZ said:

Sorry. Forgot to put it in the 2nd seed box. Too busy getting plastered.

Thanks heaps Rudder_NZ! 

Just noticed my seed of yesterdays race had stopped......reset and should now finish all of you guys who where sitting on 98%.  Will get Todays full coverage pulled off the DVR and transcoded tonight after I get home and will post as soon as I can.

1 minute ago, Rudder_NZ said:

Glad you have all enjoyed the Google Drive and torrents. My 2 seedboxes will be running for 5 more days so download them now if you want to keep the videos.

I have lots of free space on my Seedbox, so will keep both my and Rudder's torrents hosted and seeding for at least a few weeks, but am sure I won't keep them forever, so grab them in the next few days while there are still lots of seeds.

13 minutes ago, ibsailn said:

Just noticed my seed of yesterdays race had stopped......reset and should now finish all of you guys who where sitting on 98%.  Will get Todays full coverage pulled off the DVR and transcoded tonight after I get home and will post as soon as I can.

Thanks man. Finished the download and am now seeding.

5 hours ago, Rudder_NZ said:

I am uploading each race independently.

Once again, thanks very much for your efforts. It's awesome to have a record of these races.

14 hours ago, ibsailn said:

Again HD freview Satellite Feed with all the fluff pre/between/post racing.  About 1.5gb

Much appreciated, will keep them as long as my backups last I think.

7 hours ago, StumbleNola said:

Screw that. I watch it the first time yelling and screaming and cheering ETNZ. I watch it a second time to analyze and understand what happened.

Then in I probably watch the races a third time because reruns are better than tv these days. 

Yeah, I struggle to find the time to watch things just once, let alone three times! But if you've got the time on your hands to do that, then good luck to you!

Can I add my heartfelt thanks to all the other heartfelt thanks to Rudder_NZ?  Without him, I would not have seen a single minute of these races!

4 hours ago, GauchoGreg said:

I just want to sit, left click a link, and watch.  More than that, and my attention drifts elsewhere.

You're not alone, in fact you're the vast majority. All us in here mucking around with torrents and p2p sharing and video editing software... we're the weird ones. We're very much the minority. If we weren't the minority then companies like Sky, BT Sport & Fox simply wouldn't exist. Unfortunately these days, convenience costs money. You have to pay for convenience. It's what all the world's "service" economies are built on these days since it's too hard and no-one wants to actually build and create anything new anymore. There's the perfect product already out there for you. It's called subscription TV. You pay your money, sit on the couch and click a button. Done. No mess, no fuss, easy.

The problem is that you don't want to pay for that convenience. You want the best of both worlds. You want others to do all the work for you and then provide it for free. You might have had the impression that it worked like that in the past, but it didn't in reality and it doesn't now either. If you don't want to pay, then you need to be the one who puts in the work to get what you want without paying. That work is learning how to do it, sourcing the tools you need and meeting up with other like-minded people in places like this forum to get the advice you need. I'm very sorry, but that's the reality of how the modern world of major sporting event broadcasting works and rather than fighting against it, you might lower your stress levels considerably accepting it and learning to work around it.

Piracy will never be stamped out because those really determined to find a way around the walled-garden will always find that way, but they can and will make it inconvenient and complicated enough to disuade the vast majority from being able to do so because of the very real world pressures on time and patience you so very accurately described. For those people, the price today is paying with real money instead of paying with your time by watching commericals.

1 hour ago, Rudder_NZ said:

Glad you have all enjoyed the Google Drive and torrents. My 2 seedboxes will be running for 5 more days so download them now if you want to keep the videos.

These last two have been the fastest torrents to come down by a mile so far! Holy cow, 1GB down in about 10min with 121 seeders and 39 peers. Pretty impressive for just this bunky little old forum! :)

Well done all, top effort!

This is worth mentioning I think. There is nothing about the America's Cup this morning in the Australian mainstream tabloid news sites. Buried in the deep dark recesses of the sporting sections way after all the ball sport reports, but nothing on front pages or in the main click-bait articles. Draw your own conclusions.

17 minutes ago, saylea said:

The lack of media coverage here in Australia is astounding.

I'm starting to think it's actually deliberate. I've seen a sum total of three (3) news reports on mainstream media in Australia about the America's Cup happening in the last month! The first was when ETNZ capsized and they showed 15secs of the crash. The second was the first day of the finals starting and it was reported that it was happening in Barbados. Again it was nothing more than a 5sec mention. The third was again a 5sec mention yesterday that NZ had a chance to regain the trophy. That's it. That's been the sum total of media coverage an average punter not specifically looking for it would have seen about it in Australia.

But if Daniel Ricciardo drinks his own toe-jam from his sweaty racing boot, you'll see repeat after repeat after repeat of that endlessly for days! To put it in perspective, an Australian skipper has just beaten another Australian skipper in the world's most well known yachting competition and the world's oldest continuously running sporting trophy. One which Australia won in 1983 for the first time in eleventy-hundred years which was the biggest deal in the whole country at the time and for the next 4 years thereafter. Yet, in 2017, with more Australians involved in active front line visible roles than any other nationality, it is virtually ignored.

Australia is a bizarre, weird country. No wonder you have to leave it to be successful!

Thanks Rudder. Can't thank you enough (and the other guys that posted links and torrents etc). Without you guys I could not have seen this great event.

Disappointing that the idiots running the show didnt give a damn about the true AC followers and we had to rely of the generosity of fellow fans to be able to watch, which was in all honesty, great coverage. Yes there could have been improvements in TV directing, info provided and commentary but as a spectacle for tv it was more than acceptable. 

Let's hope that Dalton and co ensure that it is much easier to watch next time around. Nothing grows (except mushrooms) if kept in the dark!

LIkewise, I have a seed system running for the next several weeks at least (hey...it's just mips and gigs).  Thanks!

Don't count on this but, I sort of have plans to stream line the entire event into some sort of single short torrent download.. won't be available probably for months if I do it, it'll take forever! I can imagine. plus we're still missing Day 1 of the Qualifiers don't think there is much that can be done about that, never the less my OCD will just have to shut up and take it :)

7 minutes ago, InnerVoid said:

Don't count on this but, I sort of have plans to stream line the entire event into some sort of single short torrent download.. won't be available probably for months if I do it, it'll take forever! I can imagine. plus we're still missing Day 1 of the Qualifiers don't think there is much that can be done about that, never the less my OCD will just have to shut up and take it :)

Is day one avail on that austrian replay site?

Thank you Rudder and others for all the valuable info. Enjoyed all the replays.

I did end up paying for the app which was $5.00 and $9.00 here in Canada. Cast it via Chromecast to the tv.

I tried to get the audio from a New Zealand radio station but couldn't quite get there. 

Surprised there isn't more talk about the "blind" jibe ENTZ pulled off that basically gave them the last race.

Rudder, What can I say - amazing job of providing your fellow anarchists with the footage of every single race in the AC35 - above and beyond.

Thank you, - so much appreciated

Cheers

SS

Props to Jason Smith, BDA, Weta27, Rudder_NZ, Stingray and many others for the many supporting posts to the AC Forum. Thanks guys for your contributions. Much appreciated. Sail on.

Here is the full coverage from Prime (HD) for today.  Includes the race and coverage after.  Thanks to Rudder for getting files to us quickly so I didn't have to wait to get home from work to watch replays.  Hopefully we won't need to do this again in 3-4 years.

America's Cup 35 - 2017 NZLvsUSA Day 5 Race 9 & Awards.mkv.torrent

AC35 - Qualifiers [Day 2-7] BT1 Sport Courtesy of Rudder_NZ

2 & 3 magnet:?xt=urn:btih:5b4da3b7864f957979e610e86d5577afa952e642&dn=ACQualDay2%263
4. magnet:?xt=urn:btih:1a14afa7c6c51a033a5bbb693fae606cf7f4a49b&dn=ACQualDay4
5. magnet:?xt=urn:btih:8bcf4103c0f0ce5d6ae4208fc74114bd5308f473&dn=ACQualDay
6. magnet:?xt=urn:btih:16be532fecec0f5308912acab2ea214df31bcd4c&dn=ACQualDay6&tr=kickasstracker.com
7. magnet:?xt=urn:btih:cd97891ca573098f9e6680bd48886a20062a5fe4&dn=ACQualDay7

AC35 - Challenger Play offs [Day 1-4] BT1 Sport Courtesy of Rudder_NZ

1. magnet:?xt=urn:btih:91e3bee9d11becabc4426c45e744d3b81bdf67f4&dn=ChallengerSemisDay1
2. magnet:?xt=urn:btih:5cc987dd3bf7c76b041b03ef9279465571374107&dn=ChallengerPlayoffDay2
3. magnet:?xt=urn:btih:ab4c0843f7b10d8dbdadd3f45ab22685073bb25f&dn=ChallengerPlayoffDay3
4. magnet:?xt=urn:btih:8a2a459cdca35310efefdeca7a8c4664eaceec12&dn=AC_ChallengerSemi_D4&tr=http%3a%2f%2fmgtracker.org%3a6969%2fannounce

AC35 - LV Finals Sweden Vs New Zealand [Day 1-3] BT1 Sport Courtesy of Rudder_NZ

1. magnet:?xt=urn:btih:fc7a7272b6bfc13eb947477abd270c979b16f255&dn=AC35_Finals-SWEvNZL_Day1
2. magnet:?xt=urn:btih:677de478d9d202293ad17d219954824dc1a21ca1&dn=ChallengerFinalDay2
3. magnet:?xt=urn:btih:684faf8ad5bb27d798229612540a1c31475fe33d&dn=ChallengerFinalDay3

AC35 - America's Cup

BT1 Sport Courtesy of Rudder_NZ

1. magnet:?xt=urn:btih:e81963a93ad3564fc08afbb46278f3cb47d18dc7&dn=AmericasCupDay1
2. magnet:?xt=urn:btih:717c76fa218d0a6c983796a4f56e03f9601dad5d&dn=AmericasCupDay2

Full Prime / Sky Coverage Courtesy of Ibsailn

1. magnet:?xt=urn:btih:9fe413e68aa0c41ca2594c5d7329a2b73e605e29&dn=America%27s%20Cup%2035%20-%202017%20NZLvsUSA%20Day%201%20Race%201-2.mkv&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969
2. magnet:?xt=urn:btih:5e21e91eab1cc9a49bf7b846805fc3b68f8eec52&dn=America%27s%20Cup%2035%20-%202017%20NZLvsUSA%20Day%202%20Race%203-4.mkv&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969

... 5 Day Break ...

BT1 Sport Courtesy of Rudder_NZ

3. magnet:?xt=urn:btih:41e3bdef17da9010d8f641677babfdd664f9087e&dn=AmericasCupDay3
4. magnet:?xt=urn:btih:d04f5214d31ca4ea45e6f1414dad84c534ad335b&dn=AmericasCupDay4
5. magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4233f7f02d9064d4960aae150095fa130e524ff2&dn=AmericasCupDay5
6. magnet:?xt=urn:btih:81de40d7bbc84ce8061d8b9105071c61d40f2a9e&dn=AmericasCupRace10.ts

Full Prime / Sky Coverage Courtesy of Ibsailn

3. magnet:?xt=urn:btih:7441605efa67752a890a950430841ccfac088d66&dn=America%27s%20Cup%2035%20-%202017%20NZLvsUSA%20Day%203%20Race%205-6.mkv&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969
4. magnet:?xt=urn:btih:ab4f8c7aff72c9d8ae0f4d9052192d6aa4b49c8d&dn=America%27s%20Cup%2035%20-%202017%20NZLvsUSA%20Day%204%20Race%207-8.mkv&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969
5. magnet:?xt=urn:btih:40fd9a4420fc2e26e07f525939cd70852be3ef9b&dn=America%27s%20Cup%2035%20-%202017%20NZLvsUSA%20Day%205%20Race%209%20%26%20Awards.mkv&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969

On 6/27/2017 at 4:15 AM, ibsailn said:

Hopefully we won't need to do this again in 3-4 years.

The early indications I'm hearing are promising.  It turns out ETNZ doesn't particularly care for their local broadcaster (Sky or Prime?) and it sounds like there are already murmurings that they want to move away from selling traditional traditional broadcasting rights to partnering with a platform like Youtube or Facebook and monetizing the content through advertising (Tasker and Lester are prob favorites to be anchor commentators reprising their Volvo inshore roles).  Hopefully those sane heads will carry the day and we'll have free-to-air global online coverage so everyone can watch without having to jump through 50 hoops or paying for an app designed by a first grader.  I'm more than happy to watch a few sponsor ads if it means I get a rock-solid HD stream that I can watch wherever I am in the world.

1 hour ago, ezyb said:

The early indications I'm hearing are promising.  It turns out ETNZ doesn't particularly care for their local broadcaster (Sky or Prime?) and it sounds like there are already murmurings that they want to move away from selling traditional traditional broadcasting rights to partnering with a platform like Youtube or Facebook and monetizing the content through advertising (Tasker and Lester are prob favorites to be anchor commentators reprising their Volvo inshore roles).  Hopefully those sane heads will carry the day and we'll have free-to-air global online coverage so everyone can watch without having to jump through 50 hoops or paying for an app designed by a first grader.  I'm more than happy to watch a few sponsor ads if it means I get a rock-solid HD stream that I can watch wherever I am in the world.

That would be great!

1 hour ago, ezyb said:

+10000!

On 6/26/2017 at 5:17 PM, TeamLeader said:

You're not alone, in fact you're the vast majority. All us in here mucking around with torrents and p2p sharing and video editing software... we're the weird ones. We're very much the minority. If we weren't the minority then companies like Sky, BT Sport & Fox simply wouldn't exist. Unfortunately these days, convenience costs money. You have to pay for convenience. It's what all the world's "service" economies are built on these days since it's too hard and no-one wants to actually build and create anything new anymore. There's the perfect product already out there for you. It's called subscription TV. You pay your money, sit on the couch and click a button. Done. No mess, no fuss, easy.

The problem is that you don't want to pay for that convenience. You want the best of both worlds. You want others to do all the work for you and then provide it for free. You might have had the impression that it worked like that in the past, but it didn't in reality and it doesn't now either. If you don't want to pay, then you need to be the one who puts in the work to get what you want without paying. That work is learning how to do it, sourcing the tools you need and meeting up with other like-minded people in places like this forum to get the advice you need. I'm very sorry, but that's the reality of how the modern world of major sporting event broadcasting works and rather than fighting against it, you might lower your stress levels considerably accepting it and learning to work around it.

Piracy will never be stamped out because those really determined to find a way around the walled-garden will always find that way, but they can and will make it inconvenient and complicated enough to disuade the vast majority from being able to do so because of the very real world pressures on time and patience you so very accurately described. For those people, the price today is paying with real money instead of paying with your time by watching commericals.

Not denying any of that.  It goes with what I'm saying.  Yes, I don't want to spend the time/effort to go through the torrent.  Yes, I'm not interested in paying for a system that still sucks, to watch races where I already konw the results.  So, yes, to me, I would prefer to watch for free, at my convenience, with commercials.  They can either cater to me (and others like me), or not.... their call.  Just saying that their audience would be FAR bigger by catering to me (and the vast majority like me, whether we are avid AC fans or totally casual viewers that might be tomorrow's avid AC fans.  And the economics make more sense, too, having worked through the numbers that signed up vs what they spend on the broadcasts.... sponsors will be much more likely to sign on when they know 10x the audience will be there for free-to-air/net than subscription.

1 hour ago, GauchoGreg said:

I would prefer to watch for free, at my convenience, with commercials.  They can either cater to me (and others like me), or not.... their call.  Just saying that their audience would be FAR bigger by catering to me (and the vast majority like me, whether we are avid AC fans or totally casual viewers that might be tomorrow's avid AC fans.  And the economics make more sense, too, having worked through the numbers that signed up vs what they spend on the broadcasts.... sponsors will be much more likely to sign on when they know 10x the audience will be there for free-to-air/net than subscription.

You're not wrong, and in all likelihood, if the experience of professional boxing over the last 20 years is anything to go by, then you may well be proved right in 20 years from now. Everyone will have forgotten by then of course, but you'll be right nevertheless. Boxing is the example of what happens when a sport goes from the extreme of a free to all broadcast sport to the complete opposite of pay-per-view model for everyone. Boxing did that some 20+ years ago and ever since the numbers of viewers of boxing has been relentlessly dropping. It got so bad that a couple of years ago, they realised no-one except afficionados even knew who any of the current champions in any weight class were and even fewer understood the myriad of ridiculous classes and championships that existed in the world and how they related to one another (if at all). Even fewer still, cared. Boxing reached something of a crisis in interest levels and now they're trying to undo the situation they created for themselves by going so hard for the $$$ at the expense of their fan's interest levels. This Pac-Man fight against the Australian coming up is the first major fight in a very long time that is not going to be pay-per-view in the USA and they're expecting record viewership numbers as a result.

Sailing should look at the experience of boxing and learn a lesson. They are both very much niche sports. They are both riddled with an almost labyrinthine class and category system that is virtually impossible for the casual observer to navigate & understand. Boxing's experience of putting the $$$ ahead of everything else and walling the sport off to all but the most wealthy & elite to enjoy has killed off their sport's fan base exceedingly well. Many would argue that's a good thing considering the nature of that "sport", but the very same thing could easily happen to sailing. Boxing lost their fan base from a much higher profile than sailing has ever had. If boxing can trash their sport, then saiing can too, and much quicker, given the lower profile sailing is starting from.

On June 27, 2017 at 2:15 AM, ibsailn said:

Here is the full coverage from Prime (HD) for today.  Includes the race and coverage after.  Thanks to Rudder for getting files to us quickly so I didn't have to wait to get home from work to watch replays.  Hopefully we won't need to do this again in 3-4 years.

America's Cup 35 - 2017 NZLvsUSA Day 5 Race 9 & Awards.mkv.torrent

Any chance that you can keep this one up? No seeders at the moment, and I'd love to have the whole thing saved. 

As a note, I'm still seeding all the races that I have - using transmission as I haven't had any issues throughout the races. 

Thanks so much everyone for their help in allowing us all to watch this wonderful series!! Looking forward to seeing what ETNZ decide to do for the next cup. 

7 minutes ago, tui said:

Any chance that you can keep this one up? No seeders at the moment, and I'd love to have the whole thing saved. 

As a note, I'm still seeding all the races that I have - using transmission as I haven't had any issues throughout the races. 

Thanks so much everyone for their help in allowing us all to watch this wonderful series!! Looking forward to seeing what ETNZ decide to do for the next cup. 

Seed is still running.  Showing 5 seeds and 1 peer downloading from me currently.  Check your trackers.  Will keep all seeds running for at least a month or so, but suggest anyone who wants these files for posterity download sooner rather than later.

Just now, ibsailn said:

Seed is still running.  Showing 5 seeds and 1 peer downloading from me currently.  Check your trackers.  Will keep all seeds running for at least a month or so, but suggest anyone who wants these files for posterity download sooner rather than later.

Thanks so much!! It's downloading now. 

Are there any replays with alternative commentary, I've seen all of the races, I'd just like to watch them again with a different point of view

5 hours ago, TeamLeader said:

Sailing should look at the experience of boxing and learn a lesson. They are both very much niche sports..........

With some crossover participants as well...

eg: Ben Ainsley :lol:

2 hours ago, Flags said:

eg: Ben Ainsley :lol:

Jimmy Spithill was a boxer in his youth too apparently. Ainsley is just a street thug who likes to snot camera men in chase boats at the end of ISAF Worlds races.

10 hours ago, tui said:

mine is on as well

mine too

1 hour ago, bflat said:

mine is on as well

The RBYAC got pretty impressive numbers thanks to their free livestream via RBTV on all platforms.  Millions, I think, and I spoke to my friend at RB and they were STOKED.

Beat the crap out of the big AC numbers, and that's with slow racing in slow boats and almost zero foiling.  Interesting, right?

32 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

The RBYAC got pretty impressive numbers thanks to their free livestream via RBTV on all platforms.  Millions, I think, and I spoke to my friend at RB and they were STOKED.

Beat the crap out of the big AC numbers, and that's with slow racing in slow boats and almost zero foiling.  Interesting, right?

Too funny.  The RBYAC would come out of the AC35 program as the more viable programming.

Dear ACEA, THIS is how you broadcast a major international event for maximum appeal and exposure. Not your craptastic way with dodgy 1min snippets on youTube and gouging everyone to pay for it!

Yes it really needs something different ... a lot of people did not even know the AC was on especial in North America and  especially when team USA was not winning ... where was Trumpy in all this .. "What no treats about foiling gibes" ?. Here in GOD ZONE we need the government to chip in and make it free to air on TV One, like it always was  ... the Sky guys are just killing sport especially events like this that are not mainstream and only happen every few years ... Hopefully Dalton and the boys will get it right this time along with LR...

Apologies if already posted, but full replays (almost) for several races have recently been posted on YouTube, via the UK Documentary Channel. 

Playoff final – Day 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2No5H1vMWcU
Playoff final – Day 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-ta91f0mrk
Playoff final – Day 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ElW2faMXsA

AC Races 5 & 6: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3zMSPuLscU
AC Races 7 & 8: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ejWZrhP7LY&t=15s
AC Races 9: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mKPYSzAE5k&t=190s

That's all the links that I could find for now. More may be posted soon.

Thanks for the replays. Foxtel has dropped the ball and aren't screening races 7, 8 or 9. All the others are there on demand, but sailing doesn't deserve the respect to air the entire series like every other sport.

7 minutes ago, Ncik said:

Thanks for the replays. Foxtel has dropped the ball and aren't screening races 7, 8 or 9. All the others are there on demand, but sailing doesn't deserve the respect to air the entire series like every other sport.

Foxtel is utter garbage anyway. You learn pretty quickly to avoid downloading all rips made from Foxtel Australia broadcasts. Of all the subscription TV services around the world, Foxtel is by far the worst in terms of picture quality, numbers of ads and size of on-screen graphic overlays. I don't know exactly how Foxtel manage to make their broadcasts so utterly shit, but they do. Maybe the infrastructure in Australia is such that they can't maintain the picture quality of the US & European equivalents with limited bandwidth, or maybe they just do so much generational loss re-encoding to stuff in all their ads and overlay their self-promoting graphics that the picture sharpness suffers as a result by the time the viewer actually gets to see it.

Whatever it is, I avoid Foxtel rips like the plague. Anything else is better than Foxtel. Eurosport, BBC, ESPN, NBC, Sky, BT Sport, even RTL & Canal+. When I go in to my neighbour's to watch live F1 races on their Foxtel HD, I am constantly amazed at just how much worse the picture is than a downloaded mp4 in only 720p, 50fps made direct from the BT Sport F1 broadcast source. If you download the 1080p version, then there's no comparison at all. Foxtel looks like mud alongside.

2 hours ago, DayTripper said:

I can find race nine of the semi challenger playoffs, race 1 day 3, the first race after the pitchpole, NZ vs GBR, but have not been able to rip it. Anyone?

https://vk.com/video-145848870_456239127

or

https://vk.com/videos-145848870?section=album_5&z=video-145848870_456239125%2Fpl_-145848870_5

Yeah, I would be able to with Keepvid Pro, but I can't view the video without signing up for something I don't want to sign up for. Gimme your disposable log-in for me to use to view the video and I'll rip and post the torrent for ya.

On 7/1/2017 at 9:48 PM, Jazz Freak said:

Any chance of someone recording all  the parade/homecoming coverage and posting somewhere? 

It's to be broadcast live on TVNZ from 12:30 Thursday, our time. Bound to be on-demand following.

43 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

It's to be broadcast live on TVNZ from 12:30 Thursday, our time. Bound to be on-demand following.

IM on holiday this week so cant set my Dvr to record it. Arnyone else?

OK, so has anyone got  a full copy of the first race between ETNZ and BAR after the pitchpole? - The torrented Challenger Semi day 3 does not contain the full race.

On 12/07/2017 at 9:52 AM, KoW said:

OK, so has anyone got  a full copy of the first race between ETNZ and BAR after the pitchpole? - The torrented Challenger Semi day 3 does not contain the full race.

+1

Looks like all Media Conferences, Preview, Reviews and anything else that was on the Youtube America's Cup channel has gone as of today.

Does that mean that people can now re- post their own copies now that there is nothing official and all broadcast rights have expired along with the App?

11 minutes ago, robberzdog said:

Looks like all Media Conferences, Preview, Reviews and anything else that was on the Youtube America's Cup channel has gone as of today.

Haha, yeah, right you are! It looks like a bit of white-washing of history is going on. All evidence that the competition actually took place is gone!

^ :huh: No need for the tinfoil...probably simply tiding up before handing over to the new Trustee, as per the Deed&Protocol

23 hours ago, robberzdog said:

The entire Youtube Channel appears to be deleted :blink:

I sure hope someone did something unintentionally stupid rather than intentionally destructive/vindictive.

17 minutes ago, hoom said:

The entire Youtube Channel appears to be deleted :blink:

I sure hope someone did something unintentionally stupid rather than intentionally destructive/vindictive.

Yep agreed. Looks like nav was being a bit naïve with his tin foil hat comment. Looks like they're removing the America's Cup entirely from official representation on youTube and taking it back to https://www.americascup.com instead. All the Amercia's Cup channels I could find on youTube now are fan channels or otherwise unofficial channels just re-posting old videos or their own new commentary masquerading as something new that's really not.

There's not much left on Americas cup.com in terms of video either. Looks like all Americas Cup 35 videos have been removed from almost everywhere. 

Luckily I recorded the finals on my Sky NZ box. I am downloading excruciatingly slow torrents to try and watch some of the semis and RR's again. No other options. What a farce, and an embarrassment to the sport, relying on amateur youtubers and illegal file sharing to watch the buildup and any replays of sailings premier event. Lets pray things are completely different from now on. Who to blame? Don't know, don't care, they are gone burgers and hopefully never get involved again. :angry:

1 hour ago, sclarke said:

There's not much left on Americas cup.com in terms of video either.

Because they were links to the YT channel.

5 hours ago, TeamLeader said:

Yep agreed. Looks like nav was being a bit naïve with his tin foil hat comment. Looks like they're removing the America's Cup entirely from official representation on youTube and taking it back to https://www.americascup.com instead. All the Amercia's Cup channels I could find on youTube now are fan channels or otherwise unofficial channels just re-posting old videos or their own new commentary masquerading as something new that's really not.

On 4.8.2017 at 0:20 PM, nav said:

^ :huh: No need for the tinfoil...probably simply tiding up before handing over to the new Trustee, as per the Deed&Protocol

So they aren't just tidying up - you think there's really a conspiracy going on?

Wow - cool, so what's going on? And who is behind it? :o

12 hours ago, nav said:

you think there's really a conspiracy going on?

Just because something happens that you weren't expecting, doesn't automatically mean there's some sort of organised conspiracy. It does however look like a case of extreme sour grapes. I don't think anyone would have difficulty believing that someone like Larry Ellison would know exactly who to ask at Google if he wanted all the videos taken down and the entire channel removed from YouTube if he so wanted. I would expect that Larry Ellison would have the direct line to the directors at Google and they would in turn have his too, I'm sure.

What it looks like is a case of the ex-husband torching the former family home to the ground after a court-ordered demand for him to forfeit the house to his ex-wife.

I seem to recall Oracle suing Google for Billion$ not so long ago so I'm not convinced at all that Google Execs would be keen to do something shitty like that at the behest of LE no.

More likely a stupid automatic DMCA take-down notice actually managing to take down the Official channel, or a freshly unemployed ACEA staffer hitting delete on their way out the door.

Edit: Google won, Oracle appealed very much still in progress https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/05/25/your_roadmap_to_the_google_vs_oracle_java/

9 hours ago, TeamLeader said:

Just because something happens that you weren't expecting, doesn't automatically mean there's some sort of organised conspiracy. It does however look like a case of extreme sour grapes. I don't think anyone would have difficulty believing that someone like Larry Ellison would know exactly who to ask at Google if he wanted all the videos taken down and the entire channel removed from YouTube if he so wanted. I would expect that Larry Ellison would have the direct line to the directors at Google and they would in turn have his too, I'm sure.

What it looks like is a case of the ex-husband torching the former family home to the ground after a court-ordered demand for him to forfeit the house to his ex-wife.

:lol:

looks like Sundar missed quite a few

Oh also someone took the time to recode AC.com - so that it redirects to the AC Clothing Dollar Shop

etc etc https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=america's cup