• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Halcyon Yachts

Beneteau First 27.7!

I am just back from the yacht delivery of a Beneteau First 27.7. No wind to start off with and then building from the East... It was gusting 25kts by the time we reached the Solent. A fabulous boat and an amazing sail! 

Here is a short 360 VR video that I took along the way... 

https://youtu.be/d8-0asg4GsU

I hope you enjoy it. 

Pete 

Next time we need a 4K shitbox delivered anywhere we'll be sure to think of you.

On 5/28/2017 at 10:03 PM, By the lee said:

Hey, even bad press is better than no press at all!

No.

No it's not.

On 5/28/2017 at 5:13 PM, Halcyon Yachts said:

I am just back from the yacht delivery of a Beneteau First 27.7. No wind to start off with and then building from the East... It was gusting 25kts by the time we reached the Solent. A fabulous boat and an amazing sail! 

Here is a short 360 VR video that I took along the way... 

https://youtu.be/d8-0asg4GsU

I hope you enjoy it. 

Pete 

I've seen a lot of bad sailing videos...that was the worst.  What's with the fish eye and the special effects?  And why does everyone who puts together a sailing montage need to use shitty music?  Silence would have been better.

2 hours ago, Hobie Dog said:

Ouch! Tough Crowd! What do you guys expect for free on YouTube? I am sure the sail was much better than the video.

Oh no you don't – no making excuses for a terrible video with bad content and even worse production values which makes sailing look ridiculous and denigrates the First series line from Beneteau all in one fell swoop.

That video should be deleted.

I'm not saying that he shouldn't try again but if any subsequent videos he shoots are this crappy he should just keep it to himself. That's what I do with my crappy videos.

18 hours ago, Hobie Dog said:

Ouch! Tough Crowd! What do you guys expect for free on YouTube? I am sure the sail was much better than the video.

If one is looking for nice words for a shitty video, SA is not the place to go.
Common knowledge

21 hours ago, Hobie Dog said:

Not hardly. Having just lost 90 seconds on your pos vid, this is the most diplomatically polite response I have ever seen out of SA. 

1 hour ago, casc27 said:

Not hardly. Having just lost 90 seconds on your pos vid, this is the most diplomatically polite response I have ever seen out of SA. 

Dude---

It wasn't Hobie Dog's video. See the original post.

1 hour ago, familysailor said:

Dude---

It wasn't Hobie Dog's video. See the original post.

Never said is was Hobie's vid. Just that is was not a tough crowd at all.

6 hours ago, ModernViking said:

If one is looking for nice words for a shitty video, SA is not the place to go.
Common knowledge

Hey I never said it was any good just free. I cost me about 20 seconds. Saw the beginning, nothing exciting, skipped to the middle, nothing really going on, skipped to the end, boat docked...

In fact reading and responding to this thread is wasting more time! LOL

OK back to work so I can finish up and go racing tonight.

3 hours ago, casc27 said:

Never said is was Hobie's vid. Just that is was not a tough crowd at all.

Excuse me when I read your comment, "...Having just lost 90 seconds on your pos vid,..."

I thought you were saying it was Hobie's vid. "your" Hm...

Maybe if you'd said, "Having just lost lost 90 seconds on that other guy's pos vid" I wouldn't have mistaken your comment.

It looks like crap on a computer screen but the 360 view capability on an iPad is kinda neat....

I think a lot of people are missing the 360 VR effect. You need to watch it using the YouTube App and then you get the full VR experience... 

Pete

19 hours ago, Halcyon Yachts said:

I think a lot of people are missing the 360 VR effect. You need to watch it using the YouTube App and then you get the full VR experience... 

Pete

I would like to see a bloopers reel from your deliveries, could you put something like that together?

Looking for some info on the 27.7 and stumbled upon this post and video. 

Gheee guys. The man posts a video which basically celebrates the 360 technology making it cool to watch the boat from various angles as if you were on board and you bash him for no reason. Sure the music choice wasn't anything to be proud of and we have all seen more actions on other videos. But that's beyond the point. 

You sad lot commenting just display poor taste, judgement and most of all human skills. Quite sad behavior from so called sailors. Hope never to cross you on the water or pier. 

1 hour ago, Funckmeister said:

Gheee guys. The man posts a video which basically celebrates the 360 technology making it cool to watch the boat from various angles as if you were on board and you bash him for no reason. Sure the music choice wasn't anything to be proud of and we have all seen more actions on other videos. But that's beyond the point. 

You sad lot commenting just display poor taste, judgement and most of all human skills. Quite sad behavior from so called sailors. Hope never to cross you on the water or pier. 

What the hell, man!

I don't think you understand the SA modus operandi.

Please take a look around before you say anything else like that.

6 hours ago, Funckmeister said:

Fuck off newb! And show us some TITTYS!